Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,816 members, 7,813,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan (24698 Views)

Lagos State Government Denies Abolishing Monthly Sanitation / Post-election Statement By The Only Female Presidential Aspirant / Prof. Sonaiya, The Only Female Presidential Aspirant In The 2015 Election [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 10, 2014
omenka: Even the people he was speaking with must have known he was lying!! You want a youth to rule Nigeria yet you can't make a youth the head of any critical sector in the country!!

Yeye dey oooze.
When all u can do is take a selfie , tweet, retweet and HashTag....and u even took ur bath 2days ago with salt water...Huh?
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by KMB: 8:40am On Aug 10, 2014
Good move GEJ but are the youths prepared for this after all youth age is between 18-30. Well God help us all.

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Tymax(m): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2014
His argument wouldn't have been necessary if our elders were not so petty. Why should 70 year olds stoke the flames of ethnoncentrism? As bad as our elders are, I believe there is a good reason for that age limit.

He cites Gowon but hope he realizes that Gowon and Ojukwu were in their early thirties when they decided to go to war. Our passion (as young people) for what we perceive as justice is hot and quite rigid. The age limit seeks to prevent this.

Deep down, I am very happy that we are about to be truly empowered, but let us not forget that the crop of young people in politics today is anything but liberal.

It's time for all sensible social commentators to flood these parties and effect the change we seek. Let's overwhelm them. The oldies won't give us a chance if we don't demand it.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by mumubynature(m): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2014
What did this guy ate lately?................might be adam apple.The man eye don open.Hope he sees more of like b4 leaving office n have gut to have it established
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 10, 2014
MissMeiya:

*spits out tea* LWKMD you're not serious
what planet are you from or did you just arrive Nigeria? grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by joycerap(f): 8:50am On Aug 10, 2014
Dz guy self.nw his tenure s about to expire(jst finkin aloud)
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by cliffm43: 8:53am On Aug 10, 2014
the same youths who always insult our best president is now saying good and good for him....for those of you who never respect Mr president..only thunder will visit them........all those grandfathers like Buhari Them and Tinubu them should be arrested.....i want to contest in 2019 after GEJ....no hausa man will rule,because they Hausa's have ruled for 40yrs

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by kokoboy4life(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2014
For me GEJ saying abolishing age limit its just way of cajoling the youths of this country just because he knows he has already failed the youths of this country. Can anybody tell me what the youths of this country have gained from GEJ administration, all the previous problems facing the youths of this country are still on the high rate level so for me am not overwhelmed about such statement made from GEJ because his using it as tactics to deceives the youths ahead of 2015 election and lastly for me its only a clownish and moronism youths will vote for GEJ in 2015 election I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by ddeola: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2014
Mr. Man, PACK YOUR LOAD AND GO! Nigerians know what they want. No toasting... tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by enomakos(m): 8:57am On Aug 10, 2014
MissMeiya:

*spits out tea* LWKMD you're not serious
it is true
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Johnnoo(m): 8:58am On Aug 10, 2014
Nigerian youths should be saved from influence of our aged past leader
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 10, 2014
Measure his words against his actions and you would appreciate that he's all farts and no shi.t. How many youths has he given appointments or elevated in government? Instead he recycles the likes of Ayim Pius Ayim, Adedibu and co.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by parklamson: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2014
MissMeiya:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
L
I would so like to see that. I wish Nigeria had open press conference/forums so I could tell him that.
even if their is conferences/forums for youth to express their feelings,
MissMeiya:

L
I would so like to see that. I wish Nigeria had open press conference/forums so I could tell him that.
MissMeiya:

L
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by 1miccza: 9:02am On Aug 10, 2014
PerfectFortune: And what difference will it make?

The so called Nigerian youth that cldt seperate good governance from good looting (stomach infrastucture), the ones that cldt make constructive/objective argument without being biased along ethnic and religious lines (extreme bigotry), the ones that allow themselves to used as tools of destruction, hate and division by the professional treasury looters, the ones that kill a petty thief for stealing a #50.00 note but praise "the political class" for stealing their future and robbing it in their face or the ones whose right have been denied for a very long time (lack of quality education and impoverished economy) thereby making them to accept anomalies as norms?

The Nigerian youths are rescilient, hard-working, innovative, resourceful and skillful but they are not prepared to take up the challenge.

In as much as the facts you stated are completely correct and crystal clear,I have to say first that there are youths that would step in there and perform so well..We shouldn't condemn the youths outrightly but give the very good ones a chance to prove themselves and I believe that was what the president had in mind when he brought that idea forward,remember that he has seen and worked with all shades of people....

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by dasparrow: 9:03am On Aug 10, 2014
@Post

I agree with president Goodluck Jonathan on this.
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Lilaex: 9:03am On Aug 10, 2014
kolawaxxy: Was Gowon elected?

Y must u shw case ur mumulity evrywr? Ha ah! D Przdnt simply ment dat sinc gowon did it evn if not politicaly elected, pretty well youth also should be givin a fair chanc.
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by ElFenomeno1: 9:08am On Aug 10, 2014
immortalvoices: And yet they said he is clueless..silly classless and confuse nairalanders who always see nothing good in the president

Mor...on!

So because Jonathan said he will support the abolishment of age limit for presidents, it has now made him clued up?!

What an idio....t

Dont get carried away, GEJ is a dunce!

A dunce will support anything

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 10, 2014
ajibolabd: ok :Dok, jonah is finished
Shataaaaaaaap!!! Na we say make una lack sense? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Lucasbalo(m): 9:11am On Aug 10, 2014

The so called Nigerian youth that cldt seperate good governance from good looting (stomach infrastucture), the ones that cldt make constructive/objective argument without being biased along ethnic and religious lines (extreme bigotry), the ones that allow themselves to used as tools of destruction, hate and division by the professional treasury looters, the ones that kill a petty thief for stealing a #50.00 note but praise "the political class" for stealing their future and robbing it in their face or the ones whose right have been denied for a very long time (lack of quality education and impoverished economy) thereby making them to accept anomalies as norms?

The Nigerian youths are rescilient, hard-working, innovative, resourceful and skillful but they are not prepared to take up the challenge.
That's a great comment from you. Am really impressed. Have always said the youths should take the bull by the horn like Malcolm X said ( by all means necessary ). Their future is at stake. Massive revolution is needed to cleanse Nigeria of all the maggots that have been feeding on Nigeria since independence.

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 9:11am On Aug 10, 2014

You're correct.
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Olusanya333(m): 9:16am On Aug 10, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Good..

Awon old people should go nd sempe
Abi

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 9:16am On Aug 10, 2014
40-year age limit for anyone aspiring to be the president of a country is OK. Below that age will not be good for our democracy. Not many less-than-forty year olds are matured enough to lead their household let alone govern a whole country.

Even at the current 40-year old limit, have we produced a president of 40 to 50 years bracket?

Yeye dey smell.
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by fightforchange1(f): 9:18am On Aug 10, 2014
igbokwesampson:

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-wants-age-limit-for-presidency-abolished/

dangerous.... Considering how theres corruption in the government is and how a lot of people take the money and could care less.about accomadating the masses....
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by roufy235(m): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2014
okay. I will contest next year
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by simdam500(m): 9:26am On Aug 10, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Good..

Awon old people should go nd sempe

so fun won jawe wink
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 10, 2014
o my God.

fresh air i love u...

oga jona i cherish u...

I'm mesmerized...
like seriously we have a President smiley

so i can keep nursing my dream en smiley

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by fightforchange1(f): 9:28am On Aug 10, 2014
fightforchange1:

dangerous.... Considering how theres corruption in the government is and how a lot of people take the money and could care less.about accomadating the masses....
like why is 45% of the popluation under the poverty line.

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 10, 2014
Lilaex:

Y must u shw case ur mumulity evrywr? Ha ah! D Przdnt simply ment dat sinc gowon did it evn if not politicaly elected, pretty well youth also should be givin a fair chanc.

scumbaggg, was I against his advice to the youths about the bill?

Why not allow your brain do its job?
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by simdam500(m): 9:28am On Aug 10, 2014
cheesy
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2014
fightforchange1:

money money money..thats all your mind on..there's more to being a president or office holder than just money money..
we need to change our mindset
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by immortalvoices(m): 9:30am On Aug 10, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Mor...on!

So because Jonathan said he will support the abolishment of age limit for presidents, it has now made him clued up?!

What an idio....t

Dont get carried away, GEJ is a dunce!

A dunce will support anything

am not surprised at ur reply it shows that u can't even lead a family God help u if u ar older than me going by ur comment because it means u ar finished

U and ur likes (type) here on nairaland will criticize the president and yet be a ready made tool for political violence just for meagre change in ur pocket

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by uch12(f): 9:30am On Aug 10, 2014
simp: For once,jonathan wow me!!!!

Uncle Jona is a WOWER!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Foils Plot To Steal Seized $2.1m NHIS Cash - PUNCH / Tinubu Meets Danjuma Goja In Makkah During Iftar(photos) / Buhari Extends IGP Adamu’s Tenure For 3-months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.