Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,752 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan (24696 Views)

Lagos State Government Denies Abolishing Monthly Sanitation / Post-election Statement By The Only Female Presidential Aspirant / Prof. Sonaiya, The Only Female Presidential Aspirant In The 2015 Election [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Udehpaschal1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
onlyme07:

Guy, na ''thunder'' oo... u beta run because it strikes ''4'' times everday..lolz

thunder kor!! Lightening ni!! I couldn't even understand a single sentence from what he wrote up there
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by daveP(m): 4:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
hungryboy: The youths we have nowadays go loot pass them Ibb squad sef
BUT THEY'L BE MATHEMATICALLY SMART AS ACCOUNTING AND BALANCE-SHEETING WILL STILL BE FRESH IN MEMORY, NOT LIKE THESE OLD CARGOES THAT STASH IT ROUGHLY AND CBN SOA IS DIFF FROM FG'S SOA/BALANCE-SHEET. I TRUST THE 35YEAR OLD PRESIDO. I EVEN TOT HE WAS APPEALING FOR THE OLDER ONES. WELL GEJ- I LOVE THE TALK,

BUT THE MIND GAME NO FIT CARRY ME JOIN BANDWAGON!!!
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
JUHABACH: it is ideas like this that will move the country forward.
great innovative thoughts. i hope he continues to show more of this socalled "cluelessness"
And how is he clueless with this idea?

I fink u r one of the grand fathers as mentioned by GEJ and a clueless father who doesn't want to see the progress of his children or grand children...
#Lets commend good policies abeg!!!
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Lekeydey(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
Good talk Mr President,but are you serious about the proclamation. Oga Gowon may have been 32 when he did his coup and took over but is that allowed now,if Okar and his mates had succeeded against Babangida,he would also had been a reference point. My point is that when the chips are down,non of you would allow somebody of that age to become anything,come to think of it,at what age would a so called youth leave school with all the strikes,closures that had prevail over the last 20 years. God saves Nigerian youths.

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by code11(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
this does not solve our problem in any way. I think what we need Is an upper age limit. it is almost impossible to win the election without serving some masters in the land... and b4 u finish serving them, u r old.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by code11(m): 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lekeydey: Good talk Mr President,but are you serious about the proclamation. Oga Gowon may have been 32 when he did his coup and took over but is that allowed now,if Okar and his mates had succeeded against Babangida,he would also had been a reference point. My point is that when the chips are down,non of you would allow somebody of that age to become anything,come to think of it,at what age would a so called youth leave school with all the strikes,closures that had prevail over the last 20 years. God saves Nigerian youths.

that man is talking trash! we need democratic resurrection in Nigeria
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by shizzle11(m): 4:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
My president I strongly disagree with you on this. 40yrs age limit for the office of the president is very very okay, any other thing will be counter productive. Don't forget that Gowon was a military stooge and not a civilian elected president. For any other elective position, yes! but not that of the presidemt

I say nay to this.
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by fightforchange1(f): 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
i just need to keep readin on this website
that is d most efficient way of knoing wats really going on.

Kizmarty:
[email][/email]
corruption there's no country free of it..

our govt are trying as at recent years..
the problem is with Nigerians...

we are diverse in so many ways religion.. culture.. language... nd tribes among others...

that's the major problem...
leave our government alone..its d best Democratic govt a nation can ask for.... that's why d world can hear d voice of nigerians cus they're enjoying lion share of democracy

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by fightforchange1(f): 5:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
This bill could work as long as you don't mind they tend to have great ideas and young people are so full of life and I think that young people tend to have more energy and more enthusiasm.
I think that young people can relate to each other and we didn't want to the general population because all people have the young at one time.
Just knowing this is red in the media things that are not true lets me know that there are people out there who will say things that are not true.

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Humblebloke(m): 5:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
Phinity318:

I fink u r one of the grand fathers as mentioned by GEJ and a clueless father who doesn't want to see the progress of his children or grand children...

smd... This is serious!

EPITOME OF CLUELESSNESS...

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by ptolemy247(m): 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
Yakubu Gowon ruled Nigeria at the age of 32 years and what did he give us?...that's right, A CIVIL WAR!!!
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by JEITO: 5:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
Pls make it early sir because I have plans to contest grin
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by uch12(f): 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
Kizmarty:

we successfully turned d thread to our chat room tongue

have an ebola free week sist smiley

Lol. U2
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Kold(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
This is just an empty statement. If the President is serious, he should send an executive bill to the National Assembly on this.

Seriously, this will not solve anything. Why do we need to start with Presidency. Rather, we should start with reducing the age limit for Councillorship, National and State Assemblies and Governorship. If it works. then we may extent to Presidency. We can't start with the most important position in the Country.
uch12:

Lol. U2

2 Likes

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
Humblebloke:

smd... This is serious!

EPITOME OF CLUELESSNESS...
How about u give us a clue #Clue guy.
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by ChiSun27(m): 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
neuljosh: Nice move by the President but I do hope this is not another plot to permit some old souls to remain in power under the umbrella of “no age limit” thus tolerating some retired general to qualify for a presidential ticket. Anyway, in other to move this country forward, we need to do away with old and corrupt politicians and replace them with young vibrant men and vivacious women.

Do u comprehend simple sentences at all? U no c wia dem ryt age reduction so d youths go fit compete for presidency?

Ok mek I break am down 4 u:

Dem wan reduce age wey person go reach b4 he/she contest as President of Nigeria sey frm 40yrs (constitutional age) to somthn lyk 32, 33 or 35 yrs.

Oga GEJ no wnt mek cirizens dey rch 40 bfor dem go fit contest.

Shey u don understand now?
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by JUHABACH: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
Phinity318:

smmfh. *sigh* SARCASM. look it up.
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by uch12(f): 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
Kold: This is just an empty statement. If the President is serious, he should send an executive bill to the National Assembly on this.

Seriously, this will not solve anything. Why do we need to start with Presidency. Rather, we should start with reducing the age limit for Councillorship, National and State Assemblies and Governorship. If it works. then we may extent to Presidency. We can't start with the most important position in the Country.

Wetin? Am not folloing Kold!
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
fightforchange1: i just need to keep readin on this website
that is d most efficient way of knoing wats really going on.

goodluck with ur quest
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
It should have been 40 and below! embarassed
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by suwailad(f): 9:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
PerfectFortune: And what difference will it make?

The so called Nigerian youth that cldt seperate good governance from good looting (stomach infrastucture), the ones that cldt make constructive/objective argument without being biased along ethnic and religious lines (extreme bigotry), the ones that allow themselves to be used as tools of destruction, hate and division by the professional treasury looters, the ones that kill a pety thief for stealing a #50.00 note but praise "the political class" for stealing their future and robbing it in their faces or the ones whose rights have been denied for a very long time (lack of quality education and impoverished economy) thereby making them to accept anomalies as norms?

The Nigerian youths are rescilient, hard-working, innovative, resourceful and skillful but they are not prepared to take up the challenge.

man, you just described the posters before you and a horde of others after you
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by talk2dmc(m): 7:19am On Aug 11, 2014
[color=#550000][/color]Good move !!!!!! I sincerely believe you my dear president, those who preach war in this country is indeed this our old men that have wined and dined with hatred among ethnicity, but they will soon completely fade away.
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by kazman117: 9:45am On Aug 11, 2014
Wow! Wot a nice move. I finaly av hope in 9ja, which mins I'm gonna b d nxt presidoo. Watchout 4 kazman117
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by irynterri(f): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2014
PerfectFortune: And what difference will it make?

The so called Nigerian youth that cldt seperate good governance from good looting (stomach infrastucture), the ones that cldt make constructive/objective argument without being biased along ethnic and religious lines (extreme bigotry), the ones that allow themselves to be used as tools of destruction, hate and division by the professional treasury looters, the ones that kill a pety thief for stealing a #50.00 note but praise "the political class" for stealing their future and robbing it in their faces or the ones whose rights have been denied for a very long time (lack of quality education and impoverished economy) thereby making them to accept anomalies as norms?

The Nigerian youths are rescilient, hard-working, innovative, resourceful and skillful but they are not prepared to take up the challenge.
. My dear speak for yourself
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by salbis(m): 2:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
hybeenoni: Oga Gej stop deceivin urself, so u wish the Nigerian attain top leadership positions of d land, yet u keep recyclin old cargoes like Bamanga Tukur, e.t.c in ur cabinet.
Hw many Nigerian youths do u hv in ur cabinet?
Talk is cheap
Yeye of the highest order
Gbam! You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
sexyseun: We want Gender equality, nothing stops we women from also contesting for the presidency. I cant wait to be the president of the largest black race in the world.
Miss Oluwaseun, GCFR, GCON, USB, OTG, HDD, NFC

thats me cool
Na only u waka come? grin
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by bushjeph: 10:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
Can youths be able to organise? Who ll fund the campaigns and elections? How ll an almo$t broke youth beat a staunch IBB? I recommend that first of all GEJ should facilitate ways to fund business ideas of youths that is if they have any! Idea rules the world!
Re: I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan by Olitec40chino(m): 11:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
Award 4 you meeen smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Press Briefing Of Ese Oruru In Abuja / Sowore Speaks From Custody, Says Buhari Out To Destroy Civic Space / Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.