Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups (27450 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love / Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. / How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Rossikk(m): 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nigeria's beloved concoction of juicy green vegetables, native spices, meat and dried fish remains the grandest of the nation's dishes.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-B1rmfyciU-A/UhKyhUocQBI/AAAAAAAABVA/WZTJdqmNYEU/s1600/EDIKANG_IKONG.jpg[/img]

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Rossikk(m): 9:56pm On Aug 12, 2014

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Rossikk(m): 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2014

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Rossikk(m): 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2014

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Rossikk(m): 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2014

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by DankemzI(m): 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
Come to Akwa Ibom or Cross River & eat the best of soups ranging from Afang, Atama, Edikaikong, Afia Efere, Aditan & Ekpankukwo!
Proudly Akwa_Cross
Proudly Nigerian
Eyen_UYO cool

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by dimdim001(m): 3:22am On Aug 13, 2014
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Mynd44: 3:22am On Aug 13, 2014
See better soup.....not concortion Okwra that my neighbor is always cooking grincheesytonguegrincheesy

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Nobody: 3:24am On Aug 13, 2014
your opinion
To me, nothing beats okra soup
And bitterleaf soup

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by onila(f): 3:25am On Aug 13, 2014
our wonderful Calabar brothers

May God bless Calabar

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 13, 2014
PROUDLY AKWA IBOM, BUT U FOR REMOVE THOSE PIX OOO COS IT AINT EASY JUST VIEWING, INVITE ME FOR LUNCH NAH

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 13, 2014
This Edi dey go well with pounded yam cha grin grin, if u add perewinkle join, i die there be that grin grin grin

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by bunmioguns(m): 3:26am On Aug 13, 2014
This is nice...

Meanwhile, good news for we android and other phones user as there is no need to continue switching off your data connection... Please check https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391810. For more info and share in the testimony.... Please do not assume this is a scam... It is 100% real

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by ChristyG(f): 3:32am On Aug 13, 2014
Definately one of nigeria best,but i still prefer efo riro,especially with pounded yam,no food can top that(my own opinion)

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by wizzymate(m): 3:33am On Aug 13, 2014
Na this soup one girl wan take kill me for ebonyi state. I no know say na unshelled periwinkle she take cook the soup, all my teeth nearly fall that day.

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Greatomotoy: 3:36am On Aug 13, 2014
my wife must learn calabar soup. The food go make sense

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by sirjohnson(m): 3:41am On Aug 13, 2014
ulalaaaaaah!!

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Beesluv: 3:42am On Aug 13, 2014
Calabar, I dey hail o. I gbadun your varieties of soup
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Unik2me: 3:44am On Aug 13, 2014
Chaii!!! Cross River n Akwa-ibom peeps are just good. Ur ladies can cure Ebola with there finger licking dishes, they also know how to take good kia of men (bedmatic) cool seriously tinkin of pikin a wife from there.

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Ashantiking: 3:45am On Aug 13, 2014
Rossikk: Nigeria's beloved concoction of juicy green vegetables, native spices, meat and dried fish remains the grandest of the nation's dishes.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-B1rmfyciU-A/UhKyhUocQBI/AAAAAAAABVA/WZTJdqmNYEU/s1600/EDIKANG_IKONG.jpg[/img]

This is not soup, this is stew.

Soup- a liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water.

Stew- a dish of meat and vegetables cooked slowly in liquid in a closed dish or pan.
"lamb stew"

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Irohjohnpaulc(m): 3:45am On Aug 13, 2014
Dis soup is 1 of my favourite but okro wit biter leave is my No1 soup anyday anytime
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Beesluv: 3:46am On Aug 13, 2014
Rossikk:

See packaging shocked like fish roll

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Beesluv: 3:50am On Aug 13, 2014
DankemzI: Come to Akwa Ibom or Cross River & eat the best of soups ranging from Afang, Atama, Edikaikong, Afia Efere, Aditan & Ekpankukwo!
Proudly Akwa_Cross
Proudly Nigerian
Eyen_UYO cool

There is this food I also enjoyed while there...EKPANG......Ohlala, my mouth is watering grin
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by davidif: 3:55am On Aug 13, 2014
DankemzI: Come to Akwa Ibom or Cross River & eat the best of soups ranging from Afang, Atama, Edikaikong, Afia Efere, Aditan & Ekpankukwo!
Proudly Akwa_Cross
Proudly Nigerian
Eyen_UYO cool

Yes o. There dishes are awesome.
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by slap1(m): 3:56am On Aug 13, 2014
Up there with uha soup as my all time bests! This soup is a blood tonic!

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Nobody: 3:59am On Aug 13, 2014
This is Nigeria
We call it soup
So, your definitions cannot work here
Ashantiking:

This is not soup, this is stew.

Soup- a liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water.

Stew- a dish of meat and vegetables cooked slowly in liquid in a closed dish or pan.
"lamb stew"

29 Likes

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Adesiji77: 3:59am On Aug 13, 2014
Efo riro....confusing men since 1859 cheesy

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by EmmaOgbu(m): 4:00am On Aug 13, 2014
Op dt is for u not all
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Mynd44: 4:05am On Aug 13, 2014
Someone needs to start an Edikaikong Vs Efo riri Thread grintongue

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Nobody: 4:06am On Aug 13, 2014
eforiro
hands down angry
Mynd44: Someone needs to start an Edikaikong Vs Efo riri Thread grintongue

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Mynd44: 4:08am On Aug 13, 2014
Ladystewie: eforiro
hands down angry
Open the thread then. With Pictures oooo.

Some people will skip work over it

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:09am On Aug 13, 2014
I made this some days ago

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Make Goat Meat Stew / 4 Delicious Soups To Relish When In Edo / Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video)