Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups (27468 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love / Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. / How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Eyop: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2014
lomomike:

Lomomike's maternal origin is AKS. Lol
angry angryThen you are not fully qualified. Eyop's partnernal and Maternal origin is AKS & from Uyo LGA cheesy grin
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Flyingngel(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2014
No food is as sweet as Akwa ibom soups nay edikan ikong. I remember when I was serving my father land in far away Enugu state, we were up to 13 Corp members living together but with 3 Akwa ibomite and we decided to cook edikan ikong which the Yoruba,Hausa and Igbo corpers despise even before we finish it. After everything was concluded we called all of them to come and taste . The rest was story for another day: they eat and slept like babies . one week after they contributed money for us to cook again.
Ndidia anem etieti

1 Like

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by akpanbaba: 11:56am On Aug 13, 2014
Edikang ikong soup is what i call direct blood transfusion.

1 Like

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by fpeter(f): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Mynd44: See better soup.....not concortion Okwra that my neighbor is always cooking grincheesytonguegrincheesy

WETIN CARRY YOU GO YOUR NEIGHBOUR HOUSE?
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Forwetinnah: 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
Beesluv: shocked

See packaging shocked like fish roll

Lol...i been think say the eba na sushi sef
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Rossikk(m): 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ashantiking:

This is not soup, this is stew.

Soup- a liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water.

Stew- a dish of meat and vegetables cooked slowly in liquid in a closed dish or pan.
"lamb stew"
Yes yes yes we know all that. But in Nigeria, we call it "soup".
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Forwetinnah: 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
lomomike:
I'm Yoruba and Akwa Ibom (don't ask me how) but I can tell you from experience, Yoruba delicacies are delicious but no match for Niger Delta/Igbo delicacies. Trust me! Go to Uyo Le Meridien, order for afang, or edikaikong, fufu and palmwine my dear you'd lick your finger, elbow, and armpit from there no more going back. But don't go near those fair beautiful figure 8 ladies except you wish to say goodbye to your wife or girlfriend.

Abi...Every thing has to be competitive with the Yorubas. Make una go open una own Riro thread biko. #teamEfik kiss

2 Likes

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Abi...Every thing has to be competitive with the Yorubas. Make una go open una own Riro thread biko. #teamEfik kiss
Hmmm!
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Mayor21(m): 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
Kinkybraids cme and see what i was telling u.

1 Like

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Rossikk(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
Flyingngel: No food is as sweet as Akwa ibom soups nay edikan ikong. I remember when I was serving my father land in far away Enugu state, we were up to 13 Corp members living together but with 3 Akwa ibomite and we decided to cook edikan ikong which the Yoruba,Hausa and Igbo corpers despise even before we finish it. After everything was concluded we called all of them to come and taste . The rest was story for another day: they eat and slept like babies . one week after they contributed money for us to cook again.
Ndidia anem etieti
This dozing off after a meal of Edikaikong - a very common occurrence - is testament to the power of the dish.

1 Like

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by UpLoyo: 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
Looks nice; you actually forgot one thing though....the recipe and how you made it smiley. Isn't that the point of posting or you just want us to salivate?...lol
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Rossikk(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2014
UpLoyo: Looks nice; you actually forgot one thing though....the recipe and how you made it smiley. Isn't that the point of posting or you just want us to salivate?...lol
Google is your friend.. grin
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Their woman are very loving and caring but here we are talking about food,madam Osisi.
Cant you cook?
Can a Calabar woman out cook you?
If you nobi Anambra woman then you are forgiven.
But if you are then I am ashamed of you!

Na bad belle be this?
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by iheneme(m): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
The reason I don't joke with Ndifreke.
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Eyop: 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
iheneme: The reason I don't joke with Ndifreke.
And do you know the meaning of @ the bolded?
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by iheneme(m): 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
Eyop:
And do you know the meaning of @ the bolded?
I'll never forget...or something like that
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Eyop: 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
iheneme: I'll never forget...or something like that
So the opposite is acting on you bro,meaning that you'll never forget Ndifreke cheesy grin
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by iheneme(m): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
Eyop:
So the opposite is acting on you bro,meaning that you'll never forget Ndifreke cheesy grin
Never!
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by whitecat007: 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
Maybe because we set the standard you all are measured by. You even started your comment with Yoruba word and then singled out an "Efo Riro" out of all other stews/soups here. Is it because you know the your now "Edikaikong" was not originally yours? Ikokore was even made recently, with some leaves tossed in it and wahla! It Was called something else.

The Edikaikong I have tasted once about 7yrs ago in Riverdale and have seen many times at mama calabar restaurant and others in Atlanta was not inviting enough for me to want to try it again. The closest plates to pictures on this thread I've seen is that of Efo Riro.
Forwetinnah:

1 Like

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by ojinku(m): 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
''I want to go home. I'm from Akwa Ibom. In case you don't know. Akwa Ibom Ayaya. we can enter motor, or fly for Aero and land for Uyo................
this is a home of soups, you want Afan or Edikaikong......'' I love that song because of the mention of the soups.

1 Like

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by AdeniyiA(m): 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
I'd rather prefer the title goes thus, Edikaikong - the king of Igbo soup. A local champion may not have what it takes to be a national champion

1 Like

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by tomiobj(m): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
Rossikk: Nigeria's beloved concoction of juicy green vegetables, native spices, meat and dried fish remains the grandest of the nation's dishes.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-B1rmfyciU-A/UhKyhUocQBI/AAAAAAAABVA/WZTJdqmNYEU/s1600/EDIKANG_IKONG.jpg[/img]

. Ibo people dnt be ignorant(not tribalizng). But calln edikaikong d king of nigerian soup is inexperience. Mix gbegiri and obe ila('o')('o')

2 Likes

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Eyop: 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
tomiobj: . Ibo people dnt be ignorant(not tribalizng). But calln edikaikong d king of nigerian soup is inexperience. Mix gbegiri and obe ila('o')('o')
Osa for you @ the bolded and also create thread for @ the bolded if you aren't comfortable with the heading of this thread
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by tomiobj(m): 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
Eyop:
Osa for you @ the bolded and also create thread for @ the bolded if you aren't comfortable with the heading of this thread

I don't need to create a thread. But my point stays. Edikaikong is just efi with animal flesh
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Eyop: 3:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
tomiobj:

I don't need to create a thread. But my point stays. Edikaikong is just efi with animal flesh
Your point,your business who cares undecided
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by tomiobj(m): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
Eyop:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\..……….
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
Eyop:
Don't mind him, how can he say ordinary Okra and beans soup is better than the paramount ruler of African soups (Edikainkong) how many foreigners folks eat that Yoruba concoction when they come here how many restaurants make that poison a menu on their list abroad? Go abroad to a proper Nigerian restaurant and if they don't have Eidkainkong, then they're nothing but learners.
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Eyop: 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
lomomike:
Don't mind him, how can he say ordinary Okra and beans soup is better than the paramount ruler of African soups (Edikainkong) how many foreigners folks eat that Yoruba concoction when they come here how many restaurants make that poison a menu on their list abroad? Go abroad to a proper Nigerian restaurant and if they don't have Eidkainkong, then they're nothing but learners.

My brother leave the unam-ikot alone. He's very satisfied with his oily type of food. I don't exchange words with okpo-ebot.
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Eyop:

My brother leave the [b]unam-ikot alone. He's very satisfied with his oily type of food. I don't exchange words with okpo-ebot[/b]

grin grin grin rofl
Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
Eyop:

My brother leave the unam-ikot alone. He's very satisfied with his oily type of food. I don't exchange words with okpo-ebot.

undecided I may not agree with what you say but I respect your right to express your views....say no to intolerance.

1 Like

Re: Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
smartchoice:

undecided I may not agree with what you say but I respect your right to express your views....say no to intolerance.

Chief ma binu joo, you won't understand until you partake of that meal then and only then will you knw that once you go that road, there ain't no going back.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Make Goat Meat Stew / 4 Delicious Soups To Relish When In Edo / What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.