Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? (2136 Views)

When You Come To Meet Bae's Dad And Even His Pics Dosent Like You / TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by Exponental(m): 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
Though married. I considered 3 things before settling for her n she passed all. 1 of them is good food. I cook well too but she makes me forget my cooking skills.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by dmcdad: 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
Exponental: Though married. I considered 3 things before settling for her n she passed all. 1 of them is good food. I cook well too but she makes me forget my cooking skills.
Nice.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by Nobody: 3:22am On Aug 15, 2014
Adaeze003:

Lol! Trivia ke? I guess my question is, what is with a woman cooking 4 the home? Instead. Of maybe a chef that can do it better. No1 is saying erry1 should go hungry.

Why place one's happiness and base of marriage on cooking? When you think of things you'll realise that its just crazy... Food is food, doesn't matter who cooks it as long as it enters people's belle.

#myopinion.
it matters biko, go and learn how to cook well, its not too late, ya know?
there's no way we getting married unless you have acquired good culinary skills sadsad
#PERIOD
Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by Medunah: 6:09am On Aug 15, 2014
hensben: why will a girl not know how to cook at first place? so i should be going to fast food when i have a wife ..nah! i will not accept that.

Incase you dont know, cooking/home chores is one of the primary reason why men marry.
Ok, so when u marry a wife, she has to do all d chores nd cooking? Thats what i dnt get, b4 u met her, u used to do it, now u av someone who can do it 4 u, whats wrong with u helping. Do u guys just marry 4 d sole purpose of home management? What if u also have a working class wife who Leaves & gets home d same time u do? What appens when shes got evry oda qalities u wnt except cooking? Men will willingly do all the chores, cook bla bla even when they have a gf living with them but when they finally tie d knots with d same girl, he wouldnt even help lift a plate. I think it all boils down to the mentality u guys have ''i got a wife, y should i do dis, y should i cook?''
Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by davidif: 7:32am On Aug 15, 2014
NOPE!!!!
Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by hensben(m): 7:54am On Aug 15, 2014
Medunah:
Ok, so when u marry a wife, she has to do all d chores nd cooking? Thats what i dnt get, b4 u met her, u used to do it, now u av someone who can do it 4 u, whats wrong with u helping. Do u guys just marry 4 d sole purpose of home management? What if u also have a working class wife who Leaves & gets home d same time u do? What appens when shes got evry oda qalities u wnt except cooking? Men will willingly do all the chores, cook bla bla even when they have a gf living with them but when they finally tie d knots with d same girl, he wouldnt even help lift a plate. I think it all boils down to the mentality u guys have ''i got a wife, y should i do dis, y should i cook?''
of course I will be of assistant to her under some certain condition, a maid also will be of help but she herself ought to know how to cook, about her working, she will have to quit the job then I open a business venture for her were she can come home early or not even going at all sometimes, I don't want my kids to lack parental nurture in total most especially as they are growing up.
About cooking for my gf, its becos I haven't tie the knot with her, you know its not right for her to be cooking for me at that time except she wants to help willingly.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 15, 2014
Medunah:

Its the mentality they refuse to upgrade. Anyway God is good they will find the wife that fits their mentality.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 15, 2014
Well if it's someone like my dad who loves good food and don't eat out not even in social gatherings expect its a close family member I'll say he wouldn't but I still wonder why a lady won't know how to cook at all, what has she been doing all her life? Am still yet to come across such, if its a case where you don't like her food that's different .
Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by Swaggot00(m): 8:38am On Aug 15, 2014
marriage? shocked you aint even talking of dating ... its a no for me
Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by dmcdad: 9:12am On Aug 15, 2014
Elantracey: Well if it's someone like my dad who loves good food and don't eat out not even in social gatherings expect its a close family member I'll say he wouldn't but I still wonder why a lady won't know how to cook at all, what has she been doing all her life? Am still yet to come across sure, if its a case where you don't like her food that's different .
Facebook-ing... Twittering... Instagram-ing... Lol. You are yet to come across one? You ain't seen anything yet. They are all over the place.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 15, 2014
dmcdad:
Facebook-ing... Twittering... Instagram-ing... Lol. You are yet to come across one? You ain't seen anything yet. They are all over the place.

lol grin
Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by hensben(m): 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
andromida:

Its the mentality they refuse to upgrade. Anyway God is good they will find the wife that fits their mentality.
so you will not be cooking for ur husban, is that what you mean huh?
Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
hensben: so you will not be cooking for ur husban, is that what you mean huh?

Why not, if not with pleasure . kiss

But if a man finds ALL he wants in a woman and does not marry her simply because she cannot cook he is a simple minded fellow.

1 Like

Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by dmcdad: 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
andromida:

Why not, if not with pleasure . kiss

But if a man finds ALL he wants in a woman and does not marry her simply because she cannot cook he is a simple minded fellow.
Some girl asked this earlier on, and I would ask again; what has she been doing? Of course like I stated earlier on that I would be glad to teach her in whatever manner that I see fit. Either sending her to catering school or some other alternative. But the question that lingers in one's mind is: What has she been doing all the years? Men cook, and women do too. But you would agree is far more of a woman's job than a man. So, in as much as a man needs to equip himself with cooking skills, for a woman, it's a compulsory necessity. A woman who doesn't know how to cook can be likened to an youth/adult who doesn't know how to spell its name. Why? Because you have been groomed to know your name from being a toddler to an adult. Same could be said of a girl growing up, except in some rare cases where growing children don't have access to the kitchen. I know of course there are some parents who don't allow their children to do any of the house chores, not even cooking. But you would also agree that this is not very common compared to the vast majority who have or are given access to the kitchen but fail to capitalise on it either due to laziness, negligence, or general lack of good home training.

Nevertheless, if a girl is willing and humble enough to accept going to cooking school without placing her ego before what needs to be done, then that would be fine by me. I always believe in second chances, third chances, and so on... As long as there is willingness to accept one's shortcoming and work to correct them.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
dmcdad:
Some girl asked this earlier on, and I would ask again; what has she been doing? Of course like I stated earlier on that I would be glad to teach her in whatever manner that I see fit. Either sending her to catering school or some other alternative. But the question that lingers in one's mind is: What has she been doing all the years? Men cook, and women do too. But you would agree is far more of a woman's job than a man. So, in as much as a man needs to equip himself with cooking skills, for a woman, it's a compulsory necessity. A woman who doesn't know how to cook can be likened to an youth/adult who doesn't know how to spell its name. Why? Because you have been groomed to know your name from being a toddler to an adult. Same could be said of a girl growing up, except in some rare cases where growing children don't have access to the kitchen. I know of course there are some parents who don't allow their children to do any of the house chores, not even cooking. But you would also agree that this is not very common compared to the vast majority who have or are given access to the kitchen but fail to capitalise on it either due to laziness, negligence, or general lack of good home training.

Nevertheless, if a girl is willing and humble enough to accept going to cooking school without placing her ego before what needs to be done, then that would be fine by me. I always believe in second chances, third chances, and so on... As long as there is willingness to accept one's shortcoming and work to correct them.

Maybe she falls within the percentage who had maids and cooks.

Not all women loooooove cooking some can but are not enthusiastic about it. Unless someone is really not interested in learning how hard is it to learn how to cook? and if a woman can cook but not so well how hard is it to improve on it.

Send her to catering school? Na small baby she can do that herself after all she sef wan marry and if she can't afford catering school,friends,family,fiance or husband can teach her.

And who knows she may have money,husband may be wealthy and get a cook. I do think its nice to have a cook, having a cook in Nigeria is affordable. smiley

So far all the women i know are good cooks.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by dmcdad: 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
andromida:

Maybe she falls within the percentage who had maids and cooks.

Not all women loooooove cooking some can but are not enthusiastic about it. Unless someone is really not interested in learning how hard is it to learn how to cook? and if a woman can cook but not so well how hard is it to improve on it.

Send her to catering school? Na small baby she can do that herself after all she sef wan marry and if she can't afford catering school,friends,family,fiance or husband can teach her.

And who knows she may have money,husband may be wealthy and get a cook. I do think its nice to have a cook, having a cook in Nigeria is affordable. smiley

So far all the women i know are good cooks.
Getting a cook? You don't expect a man to get married to a girl and the next big thing is to get a cook. In future getting a cook might turn out to be necessary, but you don't wanna get a cook in the first year of your marriage. Do you? It doesn't make much of sense to me if that were the case. I have known women who don't know how to cook and some of em are just plain lazy about it. Not to mention they even brag about not being able to cook. Like say cooking don turn taboo.

Well, God help such women and the men who would end up with em.

1 Like

Re: If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
dmcdad:
Getting a cook? You don't expect a man to get married to a girl and the next big thing is to get a cook. In future getting a cook might turn out to be necessary, but you don't wanna get a cook in the first year of your marriage. Do you? It doesn't make much of sense to me if that were the case. I have known women who don't know how to cook and some of em are just plain lazy about it. Not to mention they even brag about not being able to cook. Like say cooking don turn taboo.

Well, God help such women and the men who would end up with em.

Getting a cook? If they so like. Their life, their choice. smiley

Truly i am yet to meet a woman who does not know how to cook.
Lazy in the kitchen? i know plenty.

Brag? maybe they are just saying.

If a woman loves a man,cooking for him comes easy. And if they cannot afford a cook as time goes by kiddies have to eat as well so she will definitely cook.

Yes God is good.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Seun Snatched My Girlfriend!!! / He Beats Her Too Much!! / Is It Necessary To Know Everything From Ur Partners Previous Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.