Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

First Son Named After Wife's First Love. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Son Named After Wife's First Love. (11014 Views)

Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas / Husband Flees After Wife Delivers Triplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by shegxi(m): 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ngokafor: ...This story does not add up..
...I honestly doubt the fact that a woman who lost a love to death would not disclose the name of the deceased ex to the new man in her life(at least once),even when the relationship has gotten serious enough for them to have gotten married...only for her 'poor husband' to magically discover the origin of the name of their child,long after the naming ceremony is over.

..sounds like a made-up story to me..@TV what an imagination you have got embarassed embarassed shocked
but two ladies on dis same thread have admitted naming baby afta ex.....d story mite nt be totally untrue den.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by baralatie(m): 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
beeevan:

Divorce doesn't make any sense here, she did something stupid, agreed but not enough for divorce. If divorce comes so easy, then he probably never loved the woman.
I think the woman never remember she had a husband.in short she is not in love with the husband,she is madly in love with her dead lover!

what do you think!
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
baralatie:
I think the woman never remember she had a husband.in short she is not in love with the husband,she is madly in love with her dead lover!

what do you think!

Will you advise a relative to divorce her husband if he did this? Answer truthfully, yes or no.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1: Interesting some ladies here named their kid after ex..

Almost shocking, is inconceivable sad.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Hkana: 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
freshdude2: So, for the all the replay time that your ideas had in your mind, all you could muster was this tosh?

How about, Emmanuel, my son, is actually Emmanuel, a perfect reminder of what my wife lost, what shed have preferred, what she desires. Emmanuel, you see, has more significance than jst a name. It is an immortalisation of another human my wife loves. A part of her history she just can't let go of, despite that we're married and have a child. She could have a business and name it Emmanuel but instead she chooses to name our child after her ex. I'm not sure your brain can grasp all that now but not to worry, it'll all make sense someday.

Plus, people change names all the time for a billion and one less drastic and important reasons. Surely, if 3cycle's husband wanted to change their child's name, persuading him not to do so to avoid confusing the child would be another insult. I guess you didn't think of that. But then again, you're Cococandy, what do you know?!

There seems to be more sense in this rambler's garri than yours.

Bless you bro!
There's way too much hypocrisy on here. Some females though....

2 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
beeevan:

Almost shocking, is inconceivable sad.

Yeah... but that's life..it has many dimensions
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by flyingdutchman(m): 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
cheesy
merieam16: lol...guess u nw a star 4 callin me "donkey" ape?
AWWW...WHY ARE YOU ANGRY? WHY CAN'T YOU BE "MATURE" ABOUT THE INSULT? ABI U NOR LIKE MATURITY AGAIN? grin
merieam16: lol...guess u nw a star 4 callin me "donkey" ape?
AWWW...WHY ARE YOU ANGRY? WHY CAN'T YOU BE "MATURE" ABOUT THE INSULT? ABI U NOR LIKE MATURITY AGAIN?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
aljharem:

My thoughts exactly . To be honest I will do the same and impregnate the other woman on our bed, chase the first wife to other room. I will frustrate her out of the marriage.

If all fails, I will take it a step further by beating the lady to pulp every other night till she leaves.

If that fails, I will name all our other kids after my exs and also make sure the kids know what their monkey mother did. Lol

In case she no one gree leave me alone, then I go give up grin

Being as apparently harebrained as you are, how the hell do you feel comfortable calling women "fish brains"?? grin grin grin

Well, we do know that fish is food for the brain now, don't we? As such, I propose you take a trip to the ZAMBEZI RIVER for a two week fishing frenzy. In fact, I've already taken the pains of arranging your travel arrangements, so please be sure to eat your fill.

Here is your Air Nigeria flight itinerary. Safe trip smiley

2 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

Yeah... but that's life..it has many dimensions

Humans gives life its dimensions.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Mariojane(f): 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
My 2 former boyfriends named their daughters after me nd their wives knw me
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by kika23(f): 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
How do you check mails on here?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
True that

beeevan:

Humans gives life its dimensions.

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Anacksunamun: 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
SAMBARRY: The husband should grow up joor.not that the so called first love is still alive that he will be competing with
You wouldn't have been typing this ill-conceived comment if your BF/hubby/future hubby, did this to you, or if a man was the villain in this situation. SMH.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Anacksunamun: 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
shooze: I find it strange that people expect the husband to just accept it. If tables were turned I would be really hurt. I can't imagine my husband naming my child after an ex dead or not. I would take it to mean that a part of him still yearns for what would have been and he is not totally happy in the marriage

I find it very disrespectful

I tell ya. A lot of female hypocrisy on this thread. Thanks a lot for this comment
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
On top your matter? grin grin..ok oooo

reminds me of a song

Theres something mini mini wana.. shake your low waist

Mariojane: My 2 former boyfriends named their daughters after me nd their wives knw me
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Feraz(m): 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mariojane: My 2 former boyfriends named their daughters after me nd their wives knw me
What you didn't or aren't telling us is if they consulted with their wives before naming their daughters after you.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by baralatie(m): 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
beeevan:

Will you advise a relative to divorce her husband if he did this? Answer truthfully, yes or no.
let us put the question right

will you advise a relative to remain married to her husband if he named her very 1st child with the name of his ex lover in order to keep the name of his lover(now dead) alive.
seriously you want to kill someone if they remain together!
in short...........
I suggest a paternity test!
psychiatric test is also an option!
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Amhappy(f): 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
This is not really a serious issue. I wont divorce my husband if he names his daughter an ex name. I love beautiful names with great/godly meanings and dont mind who bears it. Problems will only arise if this woman is yet to have a closure on her loss years ago. If the man is angry let them do change of name for the boy. Funny enough i dont believe in the first love is special talks.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by stpat1(m): 11:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
hmmm. Interesting, name name or no name cause all these attacks and counter attacks so?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 7:28am On Aug 18, 2014
baralatie:
let us put the question right

will you advise a relative to remain married to her husband if he named her very 1st child with the name of his ex lover in order to keep the name of his lover(now dead) alive.
seriously you want to kill someone if they remain together!
in short...........
I suggest a paternity test!

A simple yes or no would have been sufficient, anyway, have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Mariojane(f): 8:06am On Aug 18, 2014
Feraz: What you didn't or aren't telling us is if they consulted with their wives before naming their daughters after you.
yes they did. The wives were told to chose the names they like nd the husbands were given d same option too. They compare d listed names nd reach a conclusion.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 18, 2014
baralatie:

I cannot agree more. Such a woman should be tested to know if her white matter is still 100%. Jeez!!!!!!!!!
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
pickabeau1: On top your matter? grin grin..ok oooo

reminds me of a song

Theres something mini mini wana.. shake your low waist

Hi,are you from Edo state?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by luvablesam(m): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
kika23: How do you check mails on here?

Go to d mail you opened ur ursername with.

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
No...
Kayworld26: Hi,are you from Edo state?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
pickabeau1: No...
Okay...
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
Kayworld26: Okay...
If you like the way pickabeau1 argues, you can still pm him. You might get lucky!
wink
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Godmystrength: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
3cycle:
If you like the way pickabeau1 argues, you can still pm him. You might get lucky!
wink
LOL....I actually enjoy reading SOME of his posts here, but that wasnt why I asked smiley
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
3cycle:
wink

argues?... angry angry angry angry angry
I be learner where some people dey ooo tongue tongue tongue

Kayworld26: LOL....I actually enjoy reading SOME of his posts here,

TX..
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
Kayworld26: LOL....I actually enjoy reading SOME of his posts here, but that wasnt why I asked smiley
Clears throat... Dont be shy,tell me why you asked?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? / Woman Gives Birth To Triplets On New Year’s Day In Enugu / UK Barely Used Baby Gears And Toys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.