Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

First Son Named After Wife's First Love. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Son Named After Wife's First Love. (11007 Views)

Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas / Husband Flees After Wife Delivers Triplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by cococandy(f): 12:57am On Aug 17, 2014
First the Op didn't say she's the one in this case.
And yes I understand perfectly what's happened here.
My first post that you quoted was my response to TV's post which summarized my feelings about the topic. There was no need going off repeating what was in his post which I was agreeing with.
Which I also made clear in this post
quite true. Imagine the hubby naming daughter after his ex lover.
Wifey will always feel like she's just second best and he's managing her because he couldn't end up with the former lady

So you see you have comprehension issues.
Or as usual the cococandy fever won't let you read straight.

Anyway to the point.

after all the vexing which is understandable, what next?
Change the boy's name out of anger?

You my friend are the one who has a lot to learn.
I repeat if the boy isn't in his infancy,then changing the name isn't the solution.

Names go a long way to shape identities and what people think of themselves.
A growing child who sees himself as Obi the 15yr old math champion of his class will have problems adjusting to ikenna all of a sudden.
Who's ikenna?
He doesn't know.
He can't up and just start seeing himself as someone else overnight.
Believe it or not there's a psychology behind it.

When people change names,they are adults and there is something disticnt about the name that makes them want to give it up. Or they have a different idea of who they are and they want to go ahead to establish their new personality.

I rest my case.

freshdude2: So, for the all the replay time that your ideas had in your mind, all you could muster was this tosh?

How about, Emmanuel, my son, is actually Emmanuel, a perfect reminder of what my wife lost, what shed have preferred, what she desires. Emmanuel, you see, has more significance than jst a name. It is an immortalisation of another human my wife loves. A part of her history she just can't let go of, despite that we're married and have a child. She could have a business and name it Emmanuel but instead she chooses to name our child after her ex. I'm not sure your brain can grasp all that now but not to worry, it'll all make sense someday.

Plus, people change names all the time for a billion and one less drastic and important reasons. Surely, if 3cycle's husband wanted to change their child's name, persuading him not to do so to avoid confusing the child would be another insult. I guess you didn't think of that. But then again, you're Cococandy, what do you know?!

This rambler seems to have more sense in his garri than your entire being.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 1:10am On Aug 17, 2014
ERM..cococandy.....adults change names every time
Even surnames

Its not rocket science
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by cococandy(f): 1:11am On Aug 17, 2014
Adults right?
Good
pickabeau1: ERM..cococandy.....adults change names every time
Even surnames

Its not rocket science
Did I say they didn't?
But every adult has a REASON within them for changing their name.
EOD
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 1:13am On Aug 17, 2014
cococandy: Adults right?
Good

Not only adults... Even adolescents

You used a 15 year old example

I have people whose parents changes their surnames due to the old one having some idol init
Everyone complied

Good..
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by cococandy(f): 1:16am On Aug 17, 2014
Good.
The whole family changed because...
Good reason. Known reason.
And everyone understood and complied.

What are you going to tell a boy about his first name that won't sound funny?
That he was named after the mom's ex?

pickabeau1:

Not only adults... Even adolescents

You used a 15 year old example

I have people whose parents changes their surnames due to the old one having some idol init
Everyone complied

Good..
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 17, 2014
cococandy: First the Op didn't say she's the one in this case.
And yes I understand perfectly what's happened here.
My first post that you quoted was my response to TV's post which summarized my feelings about the topic. There was no need going off repeating what was in his post which I was agreeing with.

But after all the vexing which is understandable, what next?
Change the boy's name out of anger?

You my friend are the one who has a lot to learn.
I repeat if the boy isn't in his infancy,then changing the name isn't the solution.

Names go a long way to shape identities and what people think of themselves.
A growing child who sees himself as Obi the 15yr old math champion of his class will have problems adjusting to ikenna all of a sudden.
Who's ikenna?
He doesn't know.
He can't up and just start seeing himself as someone else overnight.
Believe it or not there's a psychology behind it.

When people change names,they are adults and there is something disticnt about the name that makes them want to give it up. Or they have a different idea of who they are and they want to go ahead to establish their new personality.

I rest my case.

Who would have taken you for an expert in Child Name/Name Psychology, aren't you quite the onion?! What's to stop a math champion from becoming an all-round champion? Abi na only adverse effects name change dey cause? Are you categorically saying that nothing good can come of this proposed name-change? Woman, abeg leave sentiments for one side. If a name can make one form an identity, why can't another help the child form an even more formidable identity and/or sense of self?! Unless you're saying, the first name is the best or he has to be an adult to change his name in order not to regress abi what are you saying?

So, what exactly, according to you, is the solution?!
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 1:18am On Aug 17, 2014
cococandy: Good.
The whole family changed because...
Good reason. Known reason.
And everyone understood and complied.

What are you going to tell a boy about his first name that won't sound funny?
That he was named after the mom's ex?

Whatever reason... My point is that changing names is not as complicated as you seem to be making it sound

These are the parents.... Not some random people
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by cococandy(f): 1:20am On Aug 17, 2014
That was an example.

My solution?
You're still asking? Are you even reading?

Here goes:
If he's a baby change it.if you wish to

If he's not don't.
Use his middle name.

freshdude2: Who would have taken you for an expert in Child Name/Name Psychology, aren't you quite the onion?! What's to stop a math champion from becoming an all-round champion? Abi na only adverse effects name change dey cause? Are you categorically saying that nothing good can come of this proposed name-change? Woman, abeg leave sentiments for one side. If a name can make one form an identity, why can't another help the child form an even more formidable identity and/or sense of self?! Unless you're saying, the first name is the best or he has to be an adult to change his name in order not to regress abi what are you saying?

So, what exactly, according to you, is the solution?!
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 17, 2014
cococandy:
If he's not don't.
Use his middle name.

Oh, I see. And if the mother gave him all his names?

Your example is off, by the way. It goes both way, it doesn't support your stance.

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 2:39am On Aug 17, 2014
grin grin grin grin...new twist

His middle name is the ex middle name also grin grin

5 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by aljharem(m): 2:54am On Aug 17, 2014
Na wa oh grin grin grin grin Women of this generation and their fish brain grin grin grin

To be honest, if I know how men think 3 things will come to mind

1. Divorce

2. Name the daughter after his own ex and impregnate another woman on their bed

3. Get a second wife.

I will advice the husband not to change the name but do one of the following smiley

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 2:58am On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1: grin grin grin grin...new twist

First name: Biolabee
Middle name: Pickabeau

Both na one and the same person. Even if you change the child's name to middle name, we are still talking the same ex!
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by RoyalRoy(m): 4:29am On Aug 17, 2014
Very interesting.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by BluStreak(m): 5:44am On Aug 17, 2014
shooze: I find it strange that people expect the husband to just accept it. If tables were turned I would be really hurt. I can't imagine my husband naming my child after an ex dead or not. I would take it to mean that a part of him still yearns for what would have been and he is not totally happy in the marriage

I find it very disrespectful

God bless you woman for speaking up and being objective. The ladies waving this aside as no issue will be the first to draw a sword if their hubby or boyfriend calls them in an exes name in the heat of the thang-thing. Hypocrisy I will say.

3 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by priest2u(m): 6:35am On Aug 17, 2014
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by freecocoa(f): 7:37am On Aug 17, 2014
Idowuogbo:
*singing* she's sprung.... The jazz my boy do am no b here. Sexy, i lie?
You no lie o jare, that's the only reason for such.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 17, 2014

Abi na. grin
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 17, 2014
aljharem: Na wa oh grin grin grin grin Women of this generation and their fish brain grin grin grin

1. Divorce

3. Get a second wife.

I will advice the husband not to change the name but do one of the following smiley

O.o What fuckery is this?

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Idowuogbo(f): 8:54am On Aug 17, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

O.o What fuckery is this?

The same fuckery women create. You turn them into monsters, then y'all sit there and claim victim.Worrapirri embarassed

4 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 17, 2014
Idowuogbo:
The same fuckery women create. You turn them into monsters, then y'all sit there and claim victim.Worrapirri embarassed

Lolll embarassed
I can totally see the other side of it. And I don't think the woman is a victim at ALL but moving forward a lot of these answers are a bit on the extreme side, dontcha think?

One word: EGO.

Whatever works, I guess.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by flyingdutchman(m): 9:24am On Aug 17, 2014
merieam16: Tell d guy 2 b matured its just a name
WHEN A WOMAN WANTS TO TAKE HER FILTH, SHE WOULD ASK YOU TO BE 'MATURE' OR "BE A REAL MAN". I HAVE NEVER CUSSED ANYONE ON NL- ITS JUST A NAME RIGHT? HOW WOULD U FEEL IF UR HUSBAND NAMES YOUR DAUGHTER AFTER HIS EX? YOU ARE REALLY IGNORANT AND A DONKEY!

2 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 9:45am On Aug 17, 2014
grin grin

The ghost of my wife's ex is sleeping in my bed
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Godmystrength: 10:20am On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1: grin grin

the ghost ke? Look well o. Are you sure its not the ex for real flesh and blood life.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 10:42am On Aug 17, 2014
Godmystrength: the ghost ke? Look well o. Are you sure its not the ex for real flesh and blood life.

That's what the person in this story is contending with
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2014
aljharem: Na wa oh grin grin grin grin Women of this generation and their fish brain grin grin grin

1. Divorce

3. Get a second wife.

If you aren't fish brained yourself, you won't think the above mentioned is a solution. Before you call any woman fish brain, try and prove your intellectual capability.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 17, 2014
What is a man without ego?

pickabeau1: grin grin

What's she wearing? grin
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 11:05am On Aug 17, 2014
freshdude2: What is a man without ego?

What's she wearing? grin

Na the hubby I dey imagine
All these our militant females will never tolerate their hubby even keeping exes on BBM not to find out their daughter is named after one ex like that

Osanobua!!!

No food and sex for one month

2 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by aljharem(m): 11:27am On Aug 17, 2014
beeevan:
If you aren't fish brained yourself, you won't think the above mentioned is a solution. Before you call any woman fish brain, try and prove your intellectual capability.

Hahaha, my people say to catch a monkey you must think like one. Sorry to see most of women on this generation act like monkeys and so the man must think like one. I really pity the dude if he does not take those extreme steps.

The marriage is broken already if you all don't realise. His first son, heir to the throne ?

At times you see men stab their wives multiple times. Well this is one of the reasons for unstable men. I don't support sure but I will recommend those 3 options

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by F117A: 11:28am On Aug 17, 2014
I can't imagine such happening to me.
I would just start making arrangement to get a second wife the moment i am through with carrying out a detailed DNA analysis of the child in question.
She can leave if she dosen't want a polygamous home.

2 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 11:30am On Aug 17, 2014
aljharem:

Hahaha, my people say to catch a monkey you must think like one. Sorry to see most of women on this generation act like monkeys and so the man must think like one. I really pity the dude if he does not take those extreme steps.

The marriage is broken already if you all don't realise. His first son, heir to the throne ?

At times you see men stab their wives multiple times. Well this is one of the reasons for unstable men. I don't support sure but I will recommend those 3 options

If you have regards for marriage by any stretch of the imagination, you won't advise divorce just because of a dead ex, you simply change the name and wify serves her penance for being so dim.

Will you suggest divorce if a man was the offender?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by bukatyne(f): 11:30am On Aug 17, 2014

Are you serious?

Did the wife name the son alone or is the second name just a coincidence?

The son should be rededicated and renamed
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

Na the hubby I dey imagine
All these our militant females will never tolerate their hubby even keeping exes on BBM not to find out their daughter is named after one ex like that

Osanobua!!!

No food and sex for one month

Hmm, what an unfortunate situation. I'm sure the guy would be de-balled grin if he had done same. And these women love to scream 'double standards'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? / Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? / Woman Gives Birth To Triplets On New Year’s Day In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.