Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

First Son Named After Wife's First Love. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Son Named After Wife's First Love. (11006 Views)

Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas / Husband Flees After Wife Delivers Triplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Fkforyou(m): 1:13am On Aug 16, 2014
Acidosis: The man should simply hire an artist to construct/paint a massive photo of his ex on the living room wall, in memory of the sweet relationship smiley

It's just a harmless photo! cool cool
Now this is funny...... cheesy
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 16, 2014
Nothing wey we no go hear for Naija. Bringing your past in a present relationship at will. Disrespecting your marriage. Later peeps here will say let the past remain the past when the husband stumbles on something dirty or "wetin he find go there"?

This woman willfully shoved hers up her husband's ar,se. Very disrespectful.

Marriage...hmmmmm! .......... the only cure for the insanity of love. The man eye don open now.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by ifyalways(f): 6:10am On Aug 16, 2014
3cycle: She said he died in a ghastly motor accident after graduation and some years later she got married and so she named their first son after her lost love. Hubby just discovered and has refused to talk to her for 2weeks now.

I think hubby is overreacting so i advised her to give him space and later explain things to him. What do you all Think?
Reminds me of me.

Hubby needs to grow up. Real fast.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by AdeniyiA(m): 6:30am On Aug 16, 2014
3cycle:
Sometimes you just love someone soo much that you just cant forget them.
she should keep the memory in her brain nd not in the child.
better still she can make a statue,name it of him nd place it in her closet. angry
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 16, 2014

7 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by 5minsmadness: 8:16am On Aug 16, 2014
She should NEVER have let him know. His first son?
angry angry angry
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 16, 2014
ifyalways:
Reminds me of me.

Hubby needs to grow up. Real fast.
You named your first son after a lost love?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin

When you catch him cheating, its just that he rolled over and found his dck in some hole

Nonso23: Don't you just love some women in this section?? grin

IT IS 'JUST' A NAME GUYS! CHILL

To the 'just' ladies:

Your birthday is not unique to you alone. It's just a date. Don't get pissed off if your husband totally just forgets it.

Your wedding anniversary is just a date.

Your parent's wedding anniversary is a mere date too.

His ex's nude photo on his phone is just a piece of fine art he happens to just admire.

His ex's phone number is just a mathematical mumbo jumbo of digits. Nothing more.
etc

'Just' simplifies a lot of issues we kill ourselves over cheesy
Whether we like it or not, certain sentiments bear heavier penalties than actual legal offenses.

In marriage, anything that hurts your partner enough to make him ignore you for two weeks is no longer a 'just' issue.
A name anywhere is not a 'just' matter. Immortalizing your dead ex in a living monument that happens to be the product of your love with your husband ( First Son cheesy ) is enough to ruin all the hardwork you've put into the marriage prior to the flop, especially for men who are very much in touch with their emotional side.

Madam should go and seek for ways to assuage his resentment for her due to the damage she has done. If I know the male psyche well enough he might 'just' have been weighing impact of a perfectly schemed counter strike against the importance of his marriage and children these past 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 16, 2014

3 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 16, 2014
pickabeau1: grin grin grin grin grin

When you catch him cheating, its just that he rolled over and found his dck in some hole

Or when the man is making love to his wife and calls another woman's name; isn't that also just a name. In fact couples should never get angry anymore.

We need tough mature, secure people who never show emotions and can never be upset by what their partner does.

2 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 16, 2014
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by warrior01: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2014
Can't believe some comments am seeing here. Since everything is now 'just', na una go tire. The more reasoning admonish brothers never to marry a Nigerian woman. Tufiakwa
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by UjSizzle(f): 9:53am On Aug 16, 2014
Ceasar1: I felt somehow betrayed while reading this so I wouldn't comment. sad
Dude you just crack me up all the time grin grin

Anyway @ OP that woman should just apologize abeg. I don't know of any man who wouldn't be bothered by the now obvious fact that his wife is still pining after her dead first love. Imagine competing with a dead nigger sad
The pikin go dey wonder why hin mama love am so, hin no go know say she dey see anoda bruv for hin face. God help us.

2 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 9:55am On Aug 16, 2014
Nonso23:

Ahhh!!! grin grin grin
How did I leave that out.
Of course he just fell into some hole and just started thrusting just by mistake.
grin grin

When he says you are fat he is 'just' stating an observation.

If he tells you that your friend is cuter, sexier, more intelligent and appealing with formidable ikebe and boobsies. It is 'just' a harmless comparison grin grin

When he says you are looking too old for him, don't worry it is 'just' an assessment.

'Just' is a beautiful word. grin

It is a beautiful word...Lil
It is...

Nashville:
Or when the man is making love to his wife and calls another woman's name; isn't that also just a name. In fact couples should never get angry anymore.
We need tough mature, secure people who never show emotions and can never be upset by what their partner does.

classic! LOL

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Vikky014(f): 10:14am On Aug 16, 2014
Ceasar1: I felt somehow betrayed while reading this so I wouldn't comment. sad
hehehehehe,so ur daughter's name is dt of ur ex love?*winks*
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Vikky014(f): 10:26am On Aug 16, 2014
Na waoh for some women oo
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Vikky014(f): 10:29am On Aug 16, 2014
3cycle:
grin cheesy cheesy Godforbid!
will you like ur husband to name ur daughter afta His ex lover?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
UjSizzle:
Dude you just crack me up all the time grin grin

Lol, Good day Ma'am and Happy weekend ahead. grin

Vikky014: hehehehehe, so ur daughter's name is dt of ur ex love?*winks*

Nope. grin
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Feraz(m): 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nonso23, Nashville and Pickabeau1, una no go kill person here oh!!! grin grin grin
Nashville:

2 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
The woman should be mature and not name another man's child after an ex-lover. That's some bullshiit right there.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Feraz(m): 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
freshdude2: The woman should be mature and not name another man's child after an ex-lover. That's some bullshiit right there.
It's not some bullshit bro!!! It's 'just' a name goddamit!!! angry angry
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
Feraz: It's not some bullshit bro!!! It's 'just' a name goddamit!!! angry angry
Nah bruv. That's what our nairaland resident moralists would have us believe. But we know better, don't we? wink. Most of the comments here are just pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
That child needs a name change.

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Idowuogbo(f): 11:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
freshdude2: That child needs a name change.
Gbam!

That iyawo needs a backhand slap. Who does that stup-id shyte? undecided

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Gbam!

That iyawo needs a backhand slap. Who does that stup-id shyte? undecided
I can't wrap my head around it? So messed up
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Idowuogbo(f): 11:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
freecocoa: If you are being serious, can you honestly tell us why you did such?
*singing* she's sprung.... The jazz my boy do am no b here. Sexy, i lie?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by maclatunji: 12:12am On Aug 17, 2014
This thread feels like a battle ground.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by cococandy(f): 12:17am On Aug 17, 2014
freshdude2: Coco dear, What exactly is he letting go of? The fact that his wife has chosen to immortalise a dead lover, in his seed no less? Or the disrespect he has been subjected to all these years? Please, enlighten me!

smiley smiley don't you just get off this way?
Mehn! Ok let me indulge you.

First I did say he can change the name if he can't bear it. Which should be within reason(that is if the boy is still infant and not used to it)

But changing a name the growing boy is used to is no solution to his problem.
What reason will he give his son for the sudden name change?

He'll have to make do with his wife's apology. Or if he wants to get back at her in his own way (whichever that is),fine for them.

But don't confuse a poor boy for something he had no hand in.

So forcing a name change on a boy who may be in the dark about what's going on to you is a better solution than letting it go or using his middle name?
If he's in high school he has to go around informing his friends he no longer bears Josh but Keith because his dad just had a change of heart?(Because that's what he'll think)

I'd be hurt if I was the man here,but emmanuel my son remains emmanuel my son and not emmanuel my wife's ex.I won't make him suffer for what his mom did.
If I'm used to it,then I'll carry on but make sure my spouse makes it up to me if she's really sorry like she says she is.

Rambling on and on.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 17, 2014
cococandy:

smiley smiley don't you just get off this way?
Mehn! Ok let me indulge you.

First I did say he can change the name if he can't bear it. Which should be within reason(that is if the boy is still infant and not used to it)

But changing a name the growing boy is used to is no solution to his problem.
What reason will he give his son for the sudden name change?

He'll have to make do with his wife's apology. Or if he wants to get back at her in his own way (whichever that is),fine for them.

But don't confuse a poor boy for something he had no hand in.

So forcing a name change on a boy who may be in the dark about what's going on to you is a better solution than letting it go or using his middle name?
If he's in high school he has to go around informing his friends he no longer bears Josh but Keith because his dad just had a change of heart?(Because that's what he'll think)

I'd be hurt if I was the man here,but emmanuel my son remains emmanuel my son and not emmanuel my wife's ex.I won't make him suffer for what his mom did.
If I'm used to it,then I'll carry on but make sure my spouse makes it up to me if she's really sorry like she says she is.

Rambling on and on.
So, for the all the replay time that your ideas had in your mind, all you could muster was this tosh?

How about, Emmanuel, my son, is actually Emmanuel, a perfect reminder of what my wife lost, what shed have preferred, what she desires. Emmanuel, you see, has more significance than jst a name. It is an immortalisation of another human my wife loves. A part of her history she just can't let go of, despite that we're married and have a child. She could have a business and name it Emmanuel but instead she chooses to name our child after her ex. I'm not sure your brain can grasp all that now but not to worry, it'll all make sense someday.

Plus, people change names all the time for a billion and one less drastic and important reasons. Surely, if 3cycle's husband wanted to change their child's name, persuading him not to do so to avoid confusing the child would be another insult. I guess you didn't think of that. But then again, you're Cococandy, what do you know?!

There seems to be more sense in this rambler's garri than yours.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? / Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? / Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.