Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

First Son Named After Wife's First Love. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Son Named After Wife's First Love. (11011 Views)

Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas / Husband Flees After Wife Delivers Triplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

Na the hubby I dey imagine
All these our militant females will never tolerate their hubby even keeping exes on BBM not to find out their daughter is named after one ex like that

Osanobua!!!

No food and sex for one month

Do I have be a militant not to lend mine to any as a BBM chat pal? embarassed
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by bukatyne(f): 11:35am On Aug 17, 2014
freshdude2: What is a man without ego?

What's she wearing? grin

You think only men have egos?

Or what has ego got to do with the issue?

Even if a child realises he or she was named after a dead sibling, he will feel like a aecond fiddle
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by aljharem(m): 11:37am On Aug 17, 2014
beeevan:

If you have regards for marriage by any stretch of the imagination, you won't advise divorce just because of a dead ex, you simply change the name and wify serves her penance for being so dim.

Will you suggest divorce if a man was the offender?

Regard for marriage ? shocked I am shocked. Divorce is the next obvious option because the said wife disregarded the husband, marriage and even the child. It is not only emotional cheating but a sign of things to come.

It speaks a lot of her mentality. Smh
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 17, 2014
bukatyne:

You think only men have egos?

Or what has ego got to do with the issue?

Even if a child realises he or she was named after a dead sibling, he will feel like a aecond fiddle
Made in response to some other post. Of course, all humans have egos but it's generally believed men are highly egoistic.

A dead sibling is quite different to a less close relative. For example, naming a child after a dead grandfather, uncle, etc, hope you get my drift? I agree naming a child after a deceased sibling would be weird but then, there are those who have done that with their children. But we digress.

3 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by aljharem(m): 11:43am On Aug 17, 2014
F117A: I can't imagine such happening to me.
I would just start making arrangement to get a second wife the moment i am through with carrying out a detailed DNA analysis of the child in question.
She can leave if she dosen't want a polygamous home.

My thoughts exactly . To be honest I will do the same and impregnate the other woman on our bed, chase the first wife to other room. I will frustrate her out of the marriage.

If all fails, I will take it a step further by beating the lady to pulp every other night till she leaves.

If that fails, I will name all our other kids after my exs and also make sure the kids know what their monkey mother did. Lol

In case she no one gree leave me alone, then I go give up grin
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 11:45am On Aug 17, 2014
aljharem:

Regard for marriage ? shocked I am shocked. Divorce is the next obvious option because the said wife disregarded the husband, marriage and even the child. It is not only emotional cheating but a sign of things to come.

It speaks a lot of her mentality. Smh

Divorce doesn't make any sense here, she did something stupid, agreed but not enough for divorce. If divorce comes so easy, then he probably never loved the woman.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2014
bukatyne:

Are you serious?

Did the wife name the son alone or is the second name just a coincidence?

The son should be rededicated and renamed

Noooooo this is my personal twist oo..
For cococandy stating that the middle name should be used, i now said what if the middle name of the child was also the middle name of the ex
GOBE!

grin grin grin grin

beeevan: Do I have be a militant not to lend mine to any as a BBM chat pal? embarassed

LOL.. No... but i believe relationships with exes or external parties should be one of mutual respect if it has to be maintained
No nonsense chats etc..

freshdude2: Hmm, what an unfortunate situation. I'm sure the guy would be de-balled grin if he had done same. And these women love to scream 'double standards'.

Massive emasculation...
New Tip to emasculate ur man - Name your kids after your exes grin grin
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by aljharem(m): 11:52am On Aug 17, 2014
beeevan:

Divorce doesn't make any sense here, she did something stupid, agreed but not enough for divorce. If divorce comes so easy, then he probably never loved the woman.

Love ? He loves her yes but does she love him ?

Love is different from respect. Her respecting her husband is her wife role. This has nothing to do with love because she does not love him

Also I think he will be thinking of divorce . If I know how we men think.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by maclatunji: 11:57am On Aug 17, 2014
Idowuogbo:
The same fuckery women create. You turn them into monsters, then y'all sit there and claim victim.Worrapirri embarassed

But...but, you are a woman too.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by F117A: 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
beeevan:

You have no right to dictate on what grounds people should divorce.
I've seen people get divorced over less significant issues in Nigeria.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by bukatyne(f): 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

Noooooo this is my personal twist oo..
For cococandy stating that the middle name should be used, i now said what if the middle name of the child was also the middle name of the ex
GOBE!

grin grin grin grin

O Ok

I still maintain that the boy's name is changed.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by bukatyne(f): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
freshdude2: Made in response to some other post. Of course, all humans have egos but it's generally believed men are highly egoistic.

A dead sibling is quite different to a less close relative. For example, naming a child after a dead grandfather, uncle, etc, hope you get my drift? I agree naming a child after a deceased sibling would be weird but then, there are those who have done that with their children. But we digress.

Well that belief is wrong grin

I get your drift.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
seems reasonable
The issue is the wife feels its not an issue

bukatyne:

O Ok

I still maintain that the boy's name is changed.

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
bukatyne:

Well that belief is wrong grin

You're trolling. Get thee behind me, woman tongue
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by bukatyne(f): 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1: seems reasonable
The issue is the wife feels its not an issue

Since it is an issue to the husband, it has automatically become an issue to her.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by bukatyne(f): 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
freshdude2: You're trolling. Get thee behind me, woman tongue

LOL!
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
GBAM!!!

bukatyne:

Since it is an issue to the husband, it has automatically become an issue to her.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Tvegas(m): 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ex issues are just bad news for married people.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Abiagirl777(f): 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
sexybash: It's just. A name he should get over himself jor grin

Am guilty of dis 2 grin

me too,though he's still living but he was extra good.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by shegxi(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
Abiagirl777:
are u serious? so some ladies do dis for real!!! omo mhen, na to refuse any name wey wifey want be dat o grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
F117A: You have no right to dictate on what grounds people should divorce.
I've seen people get divorced over less significant issues in Nigeria.

Where did you see this dictation you mentioned and how those anyone 's marital status affect my sleep?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
aljharem:

Love ? He loves her yes but does she love him ?

Love is different from respect. Her respecting her husband is her wife role. This has nothing to do with love because she does not love him

Also I think he will be thinking of divorce . If I know how we men think.

All men can never think alike.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

LOL.. No... but i believe relationships with exes or external parties should be one of mutual respect if it has to be maintained
No nonsense chats etc..

Thanks smiley
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
beeevan:

Thanks smiley

Cool

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Idowuogbo(f): 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
bukatyne:

Are you serious?

Did the wife name the son alone or is the second name just a coincidence?

The son should be rededicated and renamed
GBAMMEST! !!!!!

Ori e pe mehn! U are highly mouthed I swear! Omo iya mi toh ni common sense grin
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by bukatyne(f): 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
Idowuogbo:
GBAMMEST! !!!!!

Ori e pe mehn! U are highly mouthed I swear! Omo iya mi toh ni common sense grin

LOL!

The wife nor try
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Feraz(m): 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
Surprising seeing two ladies admitting to doing this here. If that's the case, then why cry victim should the husband change all of a sudden?

pickabeau1: grin grin grin grin...new twist

His middle name is the ex middle name also grin grin
CLASSIC!!!grin grin grin grin
Don't you agree with Itachi about my signature? The husband has been living with the wrong assumption about how their first son's name came about. wink

aljharem: Na wa oh grin grin grin grin Women of this generation and their fish brain grin grin grin

To be honest, if I know how men think 3 things will come to mind

1. Divorce

2. Name the daughter after his own ex and impregnate another woman on their bed

3. Get a second wife.

I will advice the husband not to change the name but do one of the following smiley
In as much as I read sarcasm, it hasn't gotten to the point of divorce. My main issue here is seeing how the wife doesn't see it as an issue. I mean, who won't (with the exception of some Nairaland ladies)?
Nashville:

First name: Biolabee
Middle name: Pickabeau

Both na one and the same person. Even if you change the child's name to middle name, we are still talking the same ex!
Hehehe. Na so oh. But it's 'just' an ex so the husband should 'just' grow up!

So Pickabeau1 is biolabee? I've always had my suspicions. angry

On a side note, the boy will grow up wondering why his parents get temperamental whenever he is around thereby suffering for what he doesn't have a hand in.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
Interesting some ladies here named their kid after ex..
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by baralatie(m): 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
hushmail: if na u nko? Na d woman suppose beg d hubby. Imagine naming a first son after a lover even a dead one.

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by baralatie(m): 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
EfemenaXY: Hmmm...

Holding a grudge against the dead? He'll never win...
who is the grudger?
the dead lover or the woman who is still in love with the dead!

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by merieam16(f): 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
flyingdutchman: WHEN A WOMAN WANTS TO TAKE HER FILTH, SHE WOULD ASK YOU TO BE 'MATURE' OR "BE A REAL MAN". I HAVE NEVER CUSSED ANYONE ON NL- ITS JUST A NAME RIGHT? HOW WOULD U FEEL IF UR HUSBAND NAMES YOUR DAUGHTER AFTER HIS EX? YOU ARE REALLY IGNORANT AND A DONKEY!
lol...guess u nw a star 4 callin me "donkey" ape?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Ngokafor(f): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
...This story does not add up..
...I honestly doubt the fact that a woman who lost a love to death would not disclose the name of the deceased ex to the new man in her life(at least once),even when the relationship has gotten serious enough for them to have gotten married...only for her 'poor husband' to magically discover the origin of the name of their child,long after the naming ceremony is over.

..sounds like a made-up story to me..@TV what an imagination you have got embarassed embarassed shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? / Woman Gives Birth To Triplets On New Year’s Day In Enugu / UK Barely Used Baby Gears And Toys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.