Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Forum Games (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (26100 Views)

Drop A Seven Lettered Word And We'll Make Three New Words From It. / WORD GAME:::: Form A Word With Any Place In The World With The Last Letter / WORD GAME: Write An English Word That Starts With 't' And Ends With 't' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Jennydoris(f): 11:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Naughty me? Mossy you have to get used to analogies, instances and examples tongue

Demagogue is a leader who plays to peoples' emotions and uses prejudices to gain power.

Lust.

Lust- an intense longing or craving for a particular thing.

Adumbrate.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by raphy(m): 12:04am On Oct 04, 2014
search for these words.. cunnilingus,joe sixpack,fuckable
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Missmossy(f): 7:29am On Oct 04, 2014
Adumbrate
To give a general idea or description of something without details.

Adroit
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Jennydoris(f): 9:25am On Oct 04, 2014
Missmossy:
Adumbrate
To give a general idea or description of something without details.

Adroit

Adroit- having or showing skills in handling situations.

Maverick.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 04, 2014
Missmossy:

Its very easy to forge a pretence that you know something even when you don't.

The word you mentioned is Hill-billy,the presence of a dash is quite necessary and there is no 'y' at the end.

Hill-billy
A person who lives in the mountains and is thought to be stupid by people who live in the towns.
Well tnks for d correction both in spelling n d extra knowledge. Didn't check a dictionary for d spelling. Just wrote d word dat came to mind. R u an english student??
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 04, 2014
Maverick: an independent person who does his own tin without following d crowd.

Sweet:
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Missmossy(f): 11:15am On Oct 04, 2014
Preciousone4ril:

Well tnks for d correction both in spelling n d extra knowledge. Didn't check a dictionary for d spelling. Just wrote d word dat came to mind. R u an english student??
Don't mention....yes am a student of English.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 04, 2014
Missmossy:

Don't mention....yes am a student of English.
ah ha! Tot as much..m guess I gotta watch my diction lest u sue me....again for wrong spelling or sunfin similar. Lolz
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Jennydoris(f): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
Preciousone4ril:
Maverick: an independent person who does his own tin without following d crowd.

Sweet:

Sweet_ something that is very good and appealing.
Sweet_ Not sour, stale or decaying.

Lurid:
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by ortopazz(m): 9:33am On Oct 05, 2014
LURID; causing horror or revulsion

throttle
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Jennydoris(f): 9:45am On Oct 05, 2014
ortopazz:
LURID; causing horror or revulsion

throttle

Throttle- a valve for regulating the supply of fluid as steam to an engine.

Thrasonical.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Elebiju: 11:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Tutoyer
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by ortopazz(m): 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
Jennydoris:

Throttle- a valve for regulating the supply of fluid as steam to an engine.
Thrasonical.

thra·son·i·cal\thrā-ˈsä-ni-kəl, thrə-\
adjective
: of, relating to, resembling, or characteristic of Thraso : bragging, boastful

had to check!

happy Sunday fellas n here is me word!

PROCLIVITY
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Jennydoris(f): 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
ortopazz:

thra·son·i·cal\thrā-ˈsä-ni-kəl, thrə-\
adjective
: of, relating to, resembling, or characteristic of Thraso : bragging, boastful

had to check!

happy Sunday fellas n here is me word!

PROCLIVITY

PROCLIVITY- an inclination or predisposition to something.
Have a wonderful Sunday.

Yanomami.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by raphy(m): 3:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
so no body knows d meaning of these words i put up undecidedso no body knows d meaning of these words i put up
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by raphy(m): 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
get ur tongue around sometin
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by ortopazz(m): 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
Jennydoris:

PROCLIVITY- an inclination or predisposition to something.
Have a wonderful Sunday.

Yanomami.

at first I thought there was No word like that, it has that funny sound to it! here it goes..

a·no·ma·mi\ˌyä-nō-ˈmä-mē\
noun
1 : an indigenous people inhabiting the rain forests of southern Venezuela and northern Brazil; also : a member of the Yanomami people

BLOODLETTING

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Jennydoris(f): 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
ortopazz:

at first I thought there was No word like that, it has that funny sound to it! here it goes..

a·no·ma·mi\ˌyä-nō-ˈmä-mē\
noun
1 : an indigenous people inhabiting the rain forests of southern Venezuela and northern Brazil; also : a member of the Yanomami people

BLOODLETTING

Thank God you now know that such word exist.

BLOODLETTING- elimination of personnel or resources.
Also the letting of blood for transfusion, diagnosis or experiment.

PABULUM.

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by BreezyRita(f): 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
Pabulum- food or fodder for animals, food for thought (figuratively), material that needs a fire, an undemanding diet of words.

Pachysandra

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by ortopazz(m): 5:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
BreezyRita:
Pabulum- food or fodder for animals, food for thought (figuratively), material that needs a fire, an undemanding diet of words.

Pachysandra

@ Breezy, pls quote the post or the word about to b answered, n the previous explanation of the person to make it more colorful I guess, n in uniform, before inserting yours, ! Thank u

moving on ,

PACHYSANDRA '': pach•y•san•dra (ˌpæk əˈsæn drə)
n., pl. -dras.
any of several low-growing plants of the
genus Pachysandra, of the box family, widely
grown as a ground cover.!

RENDEZVOUS
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by BreezyRita(f): 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
ortopazz:

PACHYSANDRA '': pach•y•san•dra (ˌpæk əˈsæn drə)
n., pl. -dras.
any of several low-growing plants of the
genus Pachysandra, of the box family, widely
grown as a ground cover.!

RENDEZVOUS

Noted!! Thanks

Rendezvous- A meeting or date. An agreement to meet; a location or time agreed upon to meet.

RENSSELAERITE
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Jennydoris(f): 7:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
BreezyRita:

Noted!! Thanks

Rendezvous- A meeting or date. An agreement to meet; a location or time agreed upon to meet.

RENSSELAERITE

NOUN
RENSSELAERITE- a white or yellow compact variety of talc used for ornament.
Thanks for teaching me a new word.

Anathema.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by BreezyRita(f): 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Jennydoris:

NOUN
RENSSELAERITE- a white or yellow compact variety of talc used for ornament.
Thanks for teaching me a new word.

Anathema.

Anathema- A ban or curse pronounced with religious solemnity be ecclesiastical authority, often by excommunication..
2. A curse; an imprecation; malediction
3. Any person or thing anathematized or cursed

AMANUENSIS

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Jennydoris(f): 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
BreezyRita:

Anathema- A ban or curse pronounced with religious solemnity be ecclesiastical authority, often by excommunication..
2. A curse; an imprecation; malediction
3. Any person or thing anathematized or cursed

AMANUENSIS

AMANUENSIS- one employed to write from dictation or to copy manuscript.

AMARETTO.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by BreezyRita(f): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2014
Jennydoris:

AMANUENSIS- one employed to write from dictation or to copy manuscript.

AMARETTO.
Amaretto - A sweet-bitter liqueur originating from Italy, flavored with almonds and a secret blend-specific mix of some 200 ingredients such as the pits from apricots, peaches, cherries or other stone-fruits......

LEPTOGENESIS
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
Antidisestablishmentarianism
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by ortopazz(m): 8:07am On Oct 07, 2014
[/quote][b]
BreezyRita:

Amaretto - A sweet-bitter liqueur originating from Italy, flavored with almonds and a secret blend-specific mix of some 200 ingredients such as the pits from apricots, peaches, cherries or other stone-fruits......

LEPTOGENESIS

[/
LEPTOGENSIS

leptogenesis is the
generic term for hypothetical physical processes
that produced an asymmetry between leptons
and antileptons in the very early universe,
resulting in the dominance of leptons over
antileptons. The analogous mechanism for
baryons is called baryogenesis .

U got something to do with science @ breezy!

CUNNILINGUE

]
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by donbrowser(m): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2014
Missmossy:

Don't mention....yes am i'm a student of English.
Kikikiki
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!! Lol
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
FELCHING bet y'all will start googling and checking the dictionary.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 08, 2014
Fugly
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 3:43am On Oct 08, 2014
Badonkadonk

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Bible Quiz Game / Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Post Your First Ever Comment On Nairaland Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.