Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Forum Games (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (25996 Views)

Drop A Seven Lettered Word And We'll Make Three New Words From It. / WORD GAME:::: Form A Word With Any Place In The World With The Last Letter / WORD GAME: Write An English Word That Starts With 't' And Ends With 't' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
Panache- the quality of being able to do things in a confident and elegant way that other people find attractive...

HOCUS-POCUS
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by luxanne(f): 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
HOCUS-POCUS: Meaningless talk or activity, typically designed to trick someone or conceal the truth of a situation.

AirborneLacer:

Working my socks off for you, good to know your charm is still effective cheesy

Aww sweerie, but you know am too old for these lines, stop wasting them on me cheesy

FUNGIBLE
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 16, 2014
luxanne: HOCUS-POCUS: Meaningless talk or activity, typically designed to trick someone or conceal the truth of a situation.

Aww sweerie, but you know am too old for these lines, stop wasting them on me cheesy

FUNGIBLE

Hehehe - Dont I just love this lady.

Lux I'd surprise you someday. cheesy

** (especially of goods) being of such nature or kind as to be freely exchangeable or replaceable.

Lascivious
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by luxanne(f): 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Hehehe - Dont I just love this lady.

Lux I'd surprise you someday. cheesy

** (especially of goods) being of such nature or kind as to be freely exchangeable or replaceable.

Lascivious

**Feeling or revealing an overt sexual interest or desire.

cheesy wink

FLIPPANT
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by HAkorehdeh(m): 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Huck
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by sexymoma(f): 11:25am On Sep 19, 2014
Interdenominational wink
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 20, 2014
Flippant: Showing disrespect through a casual attitude, levity and a lack of due seriousness.

Bedraggled
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by JayTeeA(f): 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
haywhy28: Flippant: Showing disrespect through a casual attitude, levity and a lack of due seriousness.

Bedraggled

limp and soiled as if dragged in d mud

impugn
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by GhostAccount(m): 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
Florist
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
Inpugn
To verbally assault especially to argue against an opinion,motive or action.

Condescend
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
Inpugn
To verbally assault especially to argue against an opinion,motive or action.

Condescend
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 26, 2014
##i bet most of don't knw the meaning of ##ado#
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by destante(f): 5:31am On Sep 28, 2014
plethora
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by valmunich(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2014
destante: plethora
Nah, that didn't make me check grin
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by destante(f): 9:26am On Sep 28, 2014
valmunich:
Nah, that didn't make me check grin
okay say the meaning. don't consult ur dico o! tongue
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by valmunich(m): 9:30am On Sep 28, 2014
destante: okay say the meaning. don't consult ur dico o! tongue
Lol.. I don't know how to put it buh it's like something that is excessive. That's the best word I can find smiley

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by destante(f): 9:49am On Sep 28, 2014
valmunich:
Lol.. I don't know how to put it buh it's like something that is excessive. That's the best word I can find smiley
funny thing is I know that word exists, but I had forgotten the meaning. You reminded me sha.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by valmunich(m): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2014
destante: funny thing is I know that word exists, but I had forgotten the meaning. You reminded me sha.
Lol... Just take a look atew! grin
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 30, 2014
Atew? Aint a word na.... Lugubrious
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Missmossy(f): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
Lugubrious - Sad and serious.

Septicaemia

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by destante(f): 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
beseem
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Missmossy: Lugubrious - Sad and serious.

Septicaemia
septicaemia didn't mk mi check d dictionary....medical dictionary in dis case.
Septicaemia...a condition where by d blood which is otherwise sterile is infected with products of an infective process as well as d causative organism n can lead to septic shock.

Hillybilly
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Missmossy(f): 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
Preciousone4ril: septicaemia didn't mk mi check d dictionary....medical dictionary in dis case.
Septicaemia...a condition where by d blood which is otherwise sterile is infected with products of an infective process as well as d causative organism n can lead to septic shock.

Hillybilly
Its very easy to forge a pretence that you know something even when you don't.

The word you mentioned is Hill-billy,the presence of a dash is quite necessary and there is no 'y' at the end.

Hill-billy
A person who lives in the mountains and is thought to be stupid by people who live in the towns.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Missmossy(f): 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
Bamboozle
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
Missmossy: Bamboozle

To confuse, frustrate, or throw off completely.

Adept.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Missmossy(f): 9:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
AirborneLacer:

To confuse, frustrate, or throw off completely.

Adept.

Adept
Good at doing something that is quite difficult.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
Missmossy:

Adept
Good at doing something that is quite difficult.

Yeah the opposite of inept!

You have to drop a word for me to define or should I go searching for the meaning of Missmossy? cheesy
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Missmossy(f): 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Yeah the opposite of inept!

You have to drop a word for me to define or should I go searching for the meaning of Missmossy? cheesy
Lol...i forgot to do that.

Scally-wag
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
Missmossy:
Lol...i forgot to do that.

Scally-wag

Here we go:

When someone says that Missmossy is a Scallywag, the person is literally saying that Missmossy is someone who behaves badly but in an amusingly mischievous rather than harmful way cheesy

Aberrant.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Missmossy(f): 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Here we go:

When someone says that Missmossy is a Scallywag, the person is literally saying that Missmossy is someone who behaves badly but in an amusingly mischievous rather than harmful way cheesy

Aberrant.
Hmmm you fixing me in for your description. Naughty you!

Aberant
Not socially acceptable.

Demagogue
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
Missmossy:
Hmmm you fixing me in for your description. Naughty you!

Aberant
Not socially acceptable.

Demagogue

Naughty me? Mossy you have to get used to analogies, instances and examples tongue

Demagogue is a leader who plays to peoples' emotions and uses prejudices to gain power.

Lust.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Optical Illusions- How Smart Are You? / Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Bible Quiz Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.