Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » (49659 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Missy89(f): 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: do you think you can bribe God with your good deed?

do you have to be in any organized religion to do good? and why should anyone expect a reward for doing good?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by mindurbiznes: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
iamjane:

My opinion?

The Star of Bethlehem was a testimony, a sign, from above heralding the birth of the Christ!

The three wise kings (like astrologers) were able to read this sign and became aware that a "King" had been born and even it's location.

What other signs and proof did man need eh?!

If man weren't willing tools of Lucifer, that sign would have been enough for them (man) to welcome receive and accept the Child for What He Is and be prepared to listen to Him upon maturity. .

Remember Satan has no power over anything or anyone all it has to do is TEMPT man and man has the choice of falling or standing.

Freewill things. Temptation. Lucifer manifests here only through man. Weak men!
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by mindurbiznes: 3:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
iamjane:

My opinion?

The Star of Bethlehem was a testimony, a sign, from above heralding the birth of the Christ!

The three wise kings (like astrologers) were able to read this sign and became aware that a "King" had been born and even it's location.

What other signs and proof did man need eh?!

If man weren't willing tools of Lucifer, that sign would have been enough for them (man) to welcome receive and accept the Child for What He Is and be prepared to listen to Him upon maturity. .

Remember Satan has no power over anything or anyone all it has to do is TEMPT man and man has the choice of falling or standing.

Freewill things. Temptation. Lucifer manifests here only through man. Weak men!
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by yinkusnoni(m): 3:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hmmmmm,are all these researchs done with the original bible form or just the English version
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Everfrank(m): 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
The Bible is a unique book, as there
hasn't been a book like this ever written
before. Written over a period of 1500
years, it has been written over 40
generations by over 40 authors, from
different walks of life like poets,
fishermen, kings, shepherds, peasants
and scholars, under the inspiration of
the Holy Spirit. This shows how God
does not call the equipped, but equips
the called.
This shows that the bible is just a history book.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Knowyaself(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode:

The bible can not accurately tell future. The bible and other "holy books" are scripts that are been followed thereby making it seem like its predicting the future.

There is no god

With this mindset...... Pathetic! Only God himself through the holy spirit can save you. Reasoning with you is a waste of time, I'm afraid.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by eben28(m): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here

May God have mercy on you. You don't refer to the Almighty God and His word like that.
Don't try that next time.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Chykeboss(m): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
kreezzy: B: Basic
I: Instruction
B: Before
L: Leaving
E: Earth
heard dat from my renowned holiness pastor w.F. Kumuyi
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by donmaxwellov7: 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
just watch what you say. so called Alfa seltzer
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by olumiddy: 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by pamcode(m): 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2014

I want u

Let me stop here
l want u to know DAT God destroyed d tower of babel because 1) nimrod who organised d building wanted to use it to glorify himself and place himself above God and God
said he would not share his glory with anyone .2) God commanded man to grow n multiply not stay in one place. Also if Paul didn't c Jesus he would have heard of him being a pharisee bsides faith is nt by sight but by d heart and where did u get dat fact DAT Matthew Luke etc were just pen names
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by VivaLaFrans: 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
But muslims hates Paul. They say that paul was a liar. He never met Jesus and his disciples. How did he know about all their walks. They said paul decieved us. Is that true?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
mindurbiznes:

These questionsof yours can best be described as a spark of longing forTruth within you whether you realise it or not; it will leave you restless until YOU strive to findthe answers!

The Bible is but a compilation of 66 books, some more than 66 (GnB).

It is not a book written by Christ though!

Each Book of the Bible stands on its own!

Some speak of the history of a particular peoples (eg Jews), some poetry of physical love like Songs of Solomon...

The Book of Revelation for instance, when it ended by saying no one should ADD OR REMOVE from this book, was referring only to the Book of the Revelation of John!

The Book of Genesis (Creation, Adam and Eve story) like the Book of Revelation was rendered in pictorial form using symbols for a purpose

We're lucky to have the Bible in the sense that we are opportuned to read various Scriptural Collections in a book.

But it cannot be said to be a complete whole in itself.

If you are opportuned to read other spiritually inspired books,as a Truth seekers... do read them.

It's said the book was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, but how about its compilation? Other books not compiled may have been inspired.

I love the Bible but not in an EXCLUSIVE sense. I read other books too.

Zoraster in Iran
Lao-Tse in China
Buddha in India
Mohammed in Arabia...

Their teachings were at one time willed by God, precisely adapted to the individual peoples and countries and in complete accord with their actual spiritual maturity and receptivity at the time.

But in the course of thousands of years, MEN always, as they still do today, distorted every teaching in order to adapt it to their human way of thinking and their earthly desires. ... if not there would now be only ONE UNIFORM teaching here on earth, there would be no differences in the interpretations. .

By Virgin birth is meant First Child and Jesus indeed was the First born of Mary. Any other interpretation is unnatural and thus unacceptable! You see

On earth science and spiritually knowledge complement each other ok. Leave religion first; it's but a means(invented by man, probably to preserve the spiritual aspect of earth life) to an end But when you regard earthly wisdom as Divine and worship it then you become one sided and cut off from the Source of All Life-that translates to Death in its truest meaning. .Not physical death which is but a transition- In the Story of Adam and Eve it's symbol is like:

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

I wish you strength in your quest for answers, Truth and Life.

Are you an adherent of the Grail Message? You sound very much like them. Anyway, I find the Grail Message much more plausible than the book of fables called the bible. It is always better to discuss with people that knows something than to speak with some id.iotic christians who don't know the first letter of their faith.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by yinkusnoni(m): 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
pamcode: l want u to know DAT God destroyed d tower of babel because 1) nimrod who organised d building wanted to use it to glorify himself and place himself above God and God
said he would not share his glory with anyone .2) God commanded man to grow n multiply not stay in one place. Also if Paul didn't c Jesus he would have heard of him being a pharisee bsides faith is nt by sight but by d heart and where did u get dat fact DAT Matthew Luke etc were just pen names
...so when God says He would not share his Glory with anyone, why are Christain calling Jesus, the Lord?? Abi can we have two lord over the universe??
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by am0s(m): 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode:

Its by my power.... I can hold my breath and can also breathe when I want to

The creator has given me such power.
be lyk say trailer nevs hit u be4..
make u go uch go see as pipu dey find am difficult to breathe...
nd u wan tell me sey u be superman wey strong pass for diz world
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
pamcode: l want u to know DAT God destroyed d tower of babel because 1) nimrod who organised d building wanted to use it to glorify himself and place himself above God and he said he would not share his glory with anyone .2) God commanded man to grow n multiply not stay in one place. Also if Paul didn't c Jesus he would have heard of him being a pharisee bsides faith is nt by sight but by d heart and where did u get dat fact DAT Matthew Luke etc were just pen names

Where do I start from??

I don't give a sh.it why Nimrod and his cohorts decided to build a tower. The main issue is that if God can pull down such beautiful piece of engineering endeavour, out of jealousy and selfishness (according to you, which is another sh.it) what will he do to modern day scientist who explores Space??

Yeah, God commanded man to multiply, so how does building a tower stop that from happening? It is like saying that the building of burg al arab (tallest hotel in the world) will stop people from spreading. Complete nonsense.

Paul does not know a sh.it about Jesus and his teachings, so he blended many existing Jewish, Greek and Roman fables to fill his emptiness. For instance, he made Jesus look like the already expected messiah of the Jews. which Jesus himself never claimed to be. He also incorporated the existing theory of trinity, which Jesus never taught according to the Gospels.

On your last point, isn't is clear to you even from the title of the books?
The gospel according[/b]to Matthew, Luke etc. It shows that the said names were not even the original writers, someone else is narrating the gospel [b]according to these men. Another point is, if Matthew etc wrote those books, how come they never included their surnames for proper identification? Matthew who There must be hundreds of Matthews back then. The writers of those books are unknown, they never saw Jesus, or even the disciples.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by pamcode(m): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
yinkusnoni: ...so when God says He would not share his Glory with anyone, why are Christain calling Jesus, the Lord?? Abi can we have two lord over the universe??
let me use a common example if a king sends a message to a place or person the messenger is respected just d way d king himself would be respected d same applies in did case
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
Missy89:

do you have to be in any organized religion to do good? and why should anyone expect a reward for doing good?
God did not ask us to belong to a religion group, he created man all he could ever wish for.religion is like a father give condition to his children before he will love them,but christianity is God reach out for man, david was in the bush when God called him,moses was in the wilderness when God called him, the list go on.

The context of my question is about eternity,from ages to ages, man look for his own idea to worship God. You don't chose for God, HE IS THE ONE THAT WILL DIRECT YOU.the first thing you ought to do is to obey his word[jesus].
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Missy89:

none of the above
ok, you just set your own rule to worship God, trying ur own best to look for God just like the tower of babel, my good friend it will be an uphill task for you to find God, first YOU MUST OBEY IS WORD[JESUS] and then HE WILL COME TO YOU.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
eben28:

May God have mercy on you. You don't refer to the Almighty God and His word like that.
Don't try that next time.

Yeah....great! God will punish me for using the brain and intellect that he gave me to use. Your version of God must be really loving.

So many nonsense everywhere in name of God and religion.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
Missy89:

none of the above
ok, you just set your own rule to worship God, trying ur own best to look for God just like the tower of babel, my good friend it will be an uphill task for you to find God, first YOU MUST OBEY IS WORD[JESUS] and then HE WILL COME TO YOU.

To know more who jesus is. Read colossians 2.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
pamcode: let me use a common example if a king sends a message to a place or person the messenger is respected just d way d king himself would be respected d same applies in did case

But the messenger IS NOT and CANNOT be the king himself. So, why do you crazies call Jesus God by making reference to the trinity. God the father, God the Son(Jesus), God the Holy Spirit.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by am0s(m): 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
abubello: still more:

7. There are even contradictions in the accounts of the resurrection – the supposed event that is the very foundation of the Christian religion. Mark 16:2 states that on the day of the resurrection, certain women arrived at the tomb at the rising of the sun. But John 20:1 informs us they arrived when it was yet dark. Luke 24:2 describes the tomb as open when the women arrived, whereas Matthew 28:1-2 indicates it was closed. Mark 16:5 declares that the women saw a young man at the tomb, Luke 24:4 says they saw two men, Matthew 28:2 reports they saw an angel, and John 20:11-12 claims they saw two angels.

8. Also in the resurrection stories, there are contradictions as to the identity of the women who came to the tomb,[7] whether the men or angels the women saw were inside or outside the tomb,[8] whether the men or angels were standing or sitting,[9] and whether Mary Magdalene recognized the' risen' Jesus when he first appeared to her.

9. As a final example of a New Testament contradiction, the conflicting accounts of Paul’s conversion can be cited. Acts 9:7 states that when Jesus called Paul to preach the gospel, the men who were with Paul heard a voice but saw no man. According to Acts 22:9, however, the men saw a light but didn't hear the voice speaking to Paul.

Do christians still beleive that these contradictory accounts were all inspired by holy spirit?
diz muslim guyz read bible pass me sef
well dat doest not mean u are not still behind me becoz i know d truth in d word of God even wit mai litu knowledge
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Emmaomotob(m): 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
abubello: @emmaomotob by your own admission some some accounts in the bible are untrue, the question is how many percent of the bible is untrue?
Do you as a Christian have a way if sifting the true from the untrue in the bible. How can you be sure that passages like crucifixion, trinity, original sin etc do not belong to the untrue portion?
The disciples gave their own account of Christ and there is no way five people would be told to write on an episode of SUPER STORY that they will write the same thing not to talk of writing on a man's life and even scenes they were only told about but not physically present,that was why each account was put into consideration and were not merged.Give your life to Christ,it is when you realise how complex you,the univese,and nature around you are,then and only then would you regard this world as a mystery that could only have being propounded and can only be explained by a supreme being.
EINSTEIN AND NEWTON ARE TWO INQUISITIVE MINDS,IF THEY DON'T DOUBT THE BIBLE,WHO ARE YOU TO? sad
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by professore(m): 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
I love this thread.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 6:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
Missy89:

CONFESSING JESUS CHRIST IS ACCEPTING THE WORD OF GOD
BECAUSE JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD, NOT
CONFESSING JESUS BUT DECIDED TO BE A
GOOD MAN, IS LIKE A MAN TELLING GOD,
"HELLOW GOD,I KNOW SATAN IS A BAD
MAN AND YOU'RE TRYING TO HELP ME, BUT GOD I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP, I CAN SAVE
MYSELF, YOU CAN KEEP YOUR WORD
[JESUS].

God created you in his image, do you know what that mean? It mean you are god, but when satan descive man, man lost the Godliness, in other for God to restore man Godliness , He has to transform Himself in the realm of Human for man to adopted back the nature of Godliness, that is why Jesus was born of the spirit of God.

There is many deep thing in the bible mankind don't know, Do you know that john the baptist was not a baptist? He only baptize to know the christ because according to the prophecy a dove will descend on Him by the time john baptize the christ,the day john see jesus HE STOP BAPTIZING. Even him john, when they ask "who are you?" he said" am the voice of one crying in the wilderness,prepaire ye the way". The bible is one of the greatest book, it is very simple to understand the context in it, but it will take a lifetime to understand THE TRUTH IN IT.thank you.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: CONFESSING JESUS CHRIST IS ACCEPTING THE WORD OF GOD
[JESUS].

God created you in his image, do you know what that mean? It mean you are god, but when satan descive man, man lost the Godliness, in other for God to restore man Godliness , He has to transform Himself in the realm of Human for man to adopted back the nature of Godliness, that is why Jesus was born of the spirit of God.

There is many deep thing in the bible mankind don't know, Do you know that john the baptist was not a baptist? He only baptize to know the christ because according to the prophecy a dove will descend on Him by the time john baptize the christ,the day john see jesus HE STOP BAPTIZING. Even him john, when they ask "who are you?" he said" am the voice of one crying in the wilderness,prepaire ye the way". The bible is one of the greatest book, it is very simple to understand the context in it, but it will take a lifetime to understand THE TRUTH IN IT.thank you.
modify.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
Emmaomotob: The disciples gave their own account of Christ and there is no way five people would be told to write on an episode of SUPER STORY that they will write the same thing not to talk of writing on a man's life and even scenes they were only told about but not physically present,that was why each account was put into consideration and were not merged.Give your life to Christ,it is when you realise how complex you,the univese,and nature around you are,then and only then would you regard this world as a mystery that could only have being propounded and can only be explained by a supreme being.
EINSTEIN AND NEWTON ARE TWO INQUISITIVE MINDS,IF THEY DON'T DOUBT THE BIBLE,WHO ARE YOU TO? sad

Those scientists dropped their faith and religion at the door when they walk into their labs.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cold(m): 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: CONFESSING JESUS CHRIST IS ACCEPTING THE WORD OF GOD
[JESUS].
Guy what are you? A five year old? What's all this crap you've been spewing? I can barely make sense of anything up there
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
cold: ^^^guy what are you? A five year old? What's all theis crap you've been spewing?

And who are referring to
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cold(m): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin:

And who are referring to
Not you
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Emmaomotob(m): 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin:

Those scientists dropped their faith and religion at the door when they walk into their labs.
And wore it back when they left grin DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State / Evelyn Joshua: Primate Ayodele Pays Condolence Visit To TB Joshua’s Widow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.