Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,480 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » (49668 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by disloman(m): 2:27am On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here
He still does it.God doesn't work in a conventional ways to please human reasoning but to make human foolish in their thinking.

9 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Ymodulus: 2:29am On Aug 17, 2014
disloman: He still does it.God doesn't work in a conventional ways to please human reasoning but to make human foolish in their thinking.

proves pls!!!

Religious lies

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Swiftboy(m): 2:31am On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here
your words are like throwing dust to the wind. History backed what The Bible documented! If you want to challenge the Bible,bring it on with fact not your personal opinion.lol grin

9 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Ricindob(m): 2:34am On Aug 17, 2014
wooow!!!
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by patostation(m): 2:34am On Aug 17, 2014
In these days of ebola, it is interesting to note that the bible has recommended medical procedures like quarantine and hygene way back in time (Leviticus 13:46), The Bible is not a science text but it has accurately explained the shape and suspension of the earth when men have yet to go into space (Isaiah 40:22, Job 26:7) The Bible is also ahead of its time by accurately explaining the water cycle (Eccl 1:7).

16 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 17, 2014
The Bible contains 73 books and not 66.The actual breakdown is 46 books in the old testament and 27 in the new testament.Please kindly correct that.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Btruth: 2:48am On Aug 17, 2014
I love the part that says "I should not be afraid" for 365 days ......after waking up from a nightmare.

6 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Kinterez(m): 2:55am On Aug 17, 2014
Nice one...really fascinating
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by BishopMagic: 2:56am On Aug 17, 2014
[size=18pt]Adam – Man
Seth – Appointed
Enosh – Mortal
Kenan – Sorrow
Mahalalel – The blessed God
Jared – Shall come down
Enoch – Teaching
Methuselah – His death shall bring
Lamech – Despairing
Noah – Comfort and rest[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 3:01am On Aug 17, 2014
B: Basic
I: Instruction
B: Before
L: Leaving
E: Earth

15 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by yeamesee(f): 3:18am On Aug 17, 2014
chukwudi44: The
Bible contains 73 books and not 66.The actual breakdown is 46 books in
the old testament and 27 in the new testament.Please kindly correct
that.

nope.it contains 66books.39 in d old testament nd 27 in d new testament xcpt if u hv ur own customised bible

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by GodMode: 3:20am On Aug 17, 2014
There is no god
(I know people are gonna quote "the fool says in his bla bla bla)...

If Africans were more focused on reality they will be better by now.
Religion is man made.

Why hasn't your god removed ebola from nigeria

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by GodMode: 3:21am On Aug 17, 2014
patostation: In these days of ebola, it is interesting to note that the bible has recommended medical procedures like quarantine and hygene way back in time (Leviticus 13:46), The Bible is not a science text but it has accurately explained the shape and suspension of the earth when men have yet to go into space (Isaiah 40:22, Job 26:7) The Bible is also ahead of its time by accurately explaining the water cycle (Eccl 1:7).

The bible and other "holy books" is a script and a way to keep blacks from reality.

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by tete7000(m): 3:22am On Aug 17, 2014
The strongest and wisest man in the bible is Jesus Christ himself. St. Paul in 1st Corinthians 1: 25-26 called him the wisdom and power of God. He then went on to say; 'For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.'

8 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by GodMode: 3:25am On Aug 17, 2014
patostation: The only book that has accurately foretold the the future, and whose prophecy about the future continues to be reliable. Its prophecy about the fall of Babylon, about Cyrus, Jesus' birth, birthplace, death, resurrection etc are accurate beyond belief.

It is the only book that has given an unmatched insight about how we came about and where we will end up. It explains the future of mankind and where we are in the stream of time. It equally explains the condition of the dead and the hope they have

It is the best book that can change a person's life.

The bible can not accurately tell future. The bible and other "holy books" are scripts that are been followed thereby making it seem like its predicting the future.

There is no god

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by patostation(m): 3:27am On Aug 17, 2014
As expected from a book from God, the Bible has given an unmatched practical wisdom and insight in matters such as child rearing, role of husbands and wives, family happiness, business relationships, personal plans, how employers should treat employees, good work ethics, how widows and orphans should be treated, why laziness is detrimental, how to treat the elderly etc (Eph 6:4, Prov 23:12-14, Prov 22:6; Eph 5:21-33, Col3:13,14; Lu 14:28-30; Col 3:22-24, Col 4:1; James 1:27; Prov 6:6-11).

5 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by dahfweshdude69: 3:30am On Aug 17, 2014
if you don't believe in God your fucking luck..why bother yourself over a GOD that doesn't exist...fools

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by GodMode: 3:41am On Aug 17, 2014
dahfweshdude69: if you don't believe in God your fucking luck..why bother yourself over a GOD that doesn't exist...fools

because there are others that don't believe in god. When they read comments like "there is no god" they know there are others with similar mind sets.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Emmaxmusic(m): 3:45am On Aug 17, 2014
The trend is awesome repent now the endtime is near .u bettEr accept JESUS as ur personal Lord and saviour

6 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by BrotherJohn: 3:46am On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by kcowen(m): 3:52am On Aug 17, 2014
Another Interesting Fact (1)You Cant Read The Bible straight 3hours without getting Confused(cos its the most confused and controversial Book,but still truth) (2)The most used and Popular verse in the Bible is John 3:16 "For God so Love The World that he gave his only begotten son...................

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by BrotherJohn: 3:54am On Aug 17, 2014
Interesting Facts, but....

According to the Wycliffe Global Alliance, as of October 2013 the statistics are:

Number of world languages: 6918
Total languages with some published scripture = 2817
Languages with the complete Bible: 513
Languages with at least the complete New Testament: 1294
Languages with at least one book published: 1010
Bible translation projects are underway in a further 692 which don't have any parts translated yet

Reference: http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/8490/into-how-many-languages-has-the-bible-been-translated

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by biomedixexcel(m): 3:56am On Aug 17, 2014
Good
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DonaldGenes(m): 4:00am On Aug 17, 2014
I have learnt a lot more. God bless Op

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DonaldGenes(m): 4:05am On Aug 17, 2014
patostation: As expected from a book from God, the Bible has given an unmatched practical wisdom and insight in matters such as child rearing, role of husbands and wives, family happiness, business relationships, personal plans, how employers should treat employees, good work ethics, how widows and orphans should be treated, why laziness is detrimental, how to treat the elderly etc (Eph 6:4, Prov 23:12-14, Prov 22:6; Eph 5:21-33, Col3:13,14; Lu 14:28-30; Col 3:22-24, Col 4:1; James 1:27; Prov 6:6-11).

√√√√√√√√√√√√

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by patostation(m): 4:06am On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode:

The bible can not accurately tell future. The bible and other "holy books" are scripts that are been followed thereby making it seem like its predicting the future.

There is no god

The Bible itself says something interesting about those who say God does not exist (Ps 14 and 53) Ro 1:20 says that after seeing all of God's creations including yourself, that you have no excuse not to believe in him. Heb 3:4 concludes that if someone built the house you live, then you should not question who made the universe, the cells, the DNA, the elements and you yourself.

Regarding prophecy, I'll tell you the one fulfilling now: 2Pet 3:3,4 (ridiculers); 2Tim 3:1-5 (blasphemers and lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God); Luke 21:10,11/Revelation 6:1-8 (plagues and pestilence incuding ebola, increased strife earthwide).

For those who claim they don't believe in God, we know what they always do when they are sick, in danger or when they are about to die. They usually but belatedly cry for God's intervention: "God pls help me", "God pls help my wife to deliver safely", "God heal me of this sickness", "God...God...God..."

17 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DonaldGenes(m): 4:14am On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode: There is no god
(I know people are gonna quote "the fool says in his bla bla bla)...

If Africans were more focused on reality they will be better by now.
Religion is man made.

Why hasn't your god removed ebola from nigeria

If you say, it therefore means there is NO you., you don't exist since You created yourself alone...

Ignorant is seriously a deadly disease

9 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by ramalot(m): 4:15am On Aug 17, 2014
smiley

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by sunnywhyt(m): 4:18am On Aug 17, 2014
THANK YOU LORD
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by patostation(m): 4:20am On Aug 17, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Literally, if I get you well, On your mind, you expect The Almighty God to come down and sit your butt down to teach you how to rear a child or how employers should treat employees?

As an 'educated' person, I believe you used a sort of book to learn: how to be a lawyer, how to be a doctor, how to be an engineer etc. If you were able to get your "knowlege" from what the authors wrote without meeting those authors physically, I expect you to use your intellect similarly regarding whatthe Bible teaches on child upbringing, business, relationship with others. If you want me to spell it out, YOU CAN READ GOD'S BOOK WITHOUT GOD COMING DOWN TO SEE YOU IN YOUR HOUSE.

7 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 4:20am On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin

A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

Stop poking holes in your argument Bros. The context of the story of the towel of babel never stated God was pissed - get your facts straight. Also, the earliest manuscripts of the new testaments are available for anyone interested in investigating if there accounts are historical accurate or not. Fable is Santa Clause and Father Christmas Bros. Fable is BigFoot and the genie in Aladin's lamp.

Your argument is similar to saying "You were born handsome but when you grew up, girls were not attracted to you". You can't argue from unrelated events.

I probably won't. Her spouse Joseph didn't either. The uncertainty was cleared up when an angel appeared to Joseph and explained what happened.

Hahaha - another hole in your argument. You never saw Albert Einstein but it relativity theory is the corner-stone of physics. You never saw Alexander Graham Bell yet he is the inventor of the telephone. You can't and don't see the radio waves that travel through the air and displays on your TV yet it happens.

Are you saying you have never done anything wrong and sincerely felt sorry about what you did and apologized for it?

Let me stop here

Please go on Bros

36 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy / Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.