Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » (49658 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by pamcode(m): 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin:

Where do I start from??

I don't give a sh.it why Nimrod and his cohorts decided to build a tower. The main issue is that if God can pull down such beautiful piece of engineering endeavour, out of jealousy and selfishness (according to you, which is another sh.it) what will he do to modern day scientist who explores Space??
& people from spreading. Complete nonsense.

Paul does not know a sh.it about Jesus and his teachings, so he blended many existing Jewish, Greek and Roman fables to fill his emptiness. For instance, he made Jesus look like the already expected messiah of the Jews. which Jesus himself never claimed to be. He also incorporated the existing theory of trinity, which Jesus never taught according to the Gospels.

On your last point, isn't is clear to you even from the title of the books?
The gospel according[/b]to Matthew, Luke etc. It shows that the said names were not even the original writers, someone else is narrating the gospel [b]according to these men. Another point is, if Matthew etc wrote those books, how come they never included their surnames for proper identification? Matthew who There must be hundreds of Matthews back then. The writers of those books are unknown, they never saw Jesus, or even the disciples.
scientist exploring space don't do it to counter God commandment if u av access to bible check Gen11vs4 as for d Matthew and co saga I bliv it because of adulterations by translators DAT y
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
cold:
Guy what are you? A five year old? What's all this crap you've been spewing? I can barely make sense of anything up there
a natural mind cannot comprehend the deep thing of God. Sorry if you do not understand.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Emmaomotob(m): 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
cold:
Guy what are you? A five year old? What's all this crap you've been spewing? I can barely make sense of anything up there
.........................because you chose not to. sad
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
Emmaomotob: And wore it back when they left grin DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss.

And you are dumber to see that faiths and religions has not relevance in the their labs. And you refused to notice that these men were great NOT because of their faiths and religions but because of their works IN THE LABS!!!!

Dolt.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Emmaomotob(m): 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin:

And you are dumber to see that faiths and religions has not relevance in the their labs. And you refused to notice that these men were great NOT because of their faiths and religions but because of their works IN THE LABS!!!!

Dolt.
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe said:"In nature we never see anything isolated,but everything in connection with something else which is before it,beside it,under it and over." Faith helps to persist in the lab when the goings get tough and ideas seem to have stopped flowing.DIVINE WISDOM HELPS YOU TO FACE DIFFICULTIES WHERE MERE MORTALS WOULD HAVE BACKED OUT.DIVINE HELP, YOU MIGHT NEVER RECIEVE. sad
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by pamcode(m): 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
diarra94: I don't mean to be rude but your level of reasoning suggest you're already an illiterate. why were people killing each other during the era of Christianity in Europe. rather than development and all the nice promises in the bible, Europe was ravaged by disease, and so many challenges. scientist s and astronomers such as Galileo Galilei faced so much opposition from the church and priest especially when he brought forward the idea that the earth revolves around the sun. the church was furious and back then anyone who opposes the church was executed immediately?? religion reduced people to animals. until the dawn of science, plagues, viral and bacterial diseases killed most people?? where exactly was god??. now with science we are able to understand all phenomenas and laws that keep our world in motion. you know for people who have been seriously brainwashed, it is not easy to accept the harsh reality that infact there is no guy in the sky who loves you and will wipe your azz, but don't worry, I was once just like you full of faith until one day it dawned on me how stupid I had been all this while.
bro Bible says not all who call me father knows me even from d time of Jesus d pharisees and sadducces and religious personalities were referred by him as hypocrites because they refused d word of salvation it was because of ur allegation and others DAT martin Luther started d protestant movement against d pope and church thank u
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Missy89(f): 6:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: God did not ask us to belong to a religion group, he created man all he could ever wish for.religion is like a father give condition to his children before he will love them,but christianity is God reach out for man, david was in the bush when God called him,moses was in the wilderness when God called him, the list go on.

The context of my question is about eternity,from ages to ages, man look for his own idea to worship God. You don't chose for God, HE IS THE ONE THAT WILL DIRECT YOU.the first thing you ought to do is to obey his word[jesus].

malvisguy212: CONFESSING JESUS CHRIST IS ACCEPTING THE WORD OF GOD
BECAUSE JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD, NOT
CONFESSING JESUS BUT DECIDED TO BE A
GOOD MAN, IS LIKE A MAN TELLING GOD,
"HELLOW GOD,I KNOW SATAN IS A BAD
MAN AND YOU'RE TRYING TO HELP ME, BUT GOD I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP, I CAN SAVE
MYSELF, YOU CAN KEEP YOUR WORD
[JESUS].

God created you in his image, do you know what that mean? It mean you are god, but when satan descive man, man lost the Godliness, in other for God to restore man Godliness , He has to transform Himself in the realm of Human for man to adopted back the nature of Godliness, that is why Jesus was born of the spirit of God.

There is many deep thing in the bible mankind don't know, Do you know that john the baptist was not a baptist? He only baptize to know the christ because according to the prophecy a dove will descend on Him by the time john baptize the christ,the day john see jesus HE STOP BAPTIZING. Even him john, when they ask "who are you?" he said" am the voice of one crying in the wilderness,prepaire ye the way". The bible is one of the greatest book, it is very simple to understand the context in it, but it will take a lifetime to understand THE TRUTH IN IT.thank you.

malvisguy212: ok, you just set your own rule to worship God, trying ur own best to look for God just like the tower of babel, my good friend it will be an uphill task for you to find God, first YOU MUST OBEY IS WORD[JESUS] and then HE WILL COME TO YOU.

To know more who jesus is. Read colossians 2.

Thank you but stop preaching.
I have read the bible and i know whats in there.
What i said was i am not a member of any organized religion. that is very different from being spiritual. You can be a Christian. there is nothing wrong in that. In fact good for you!. I never questioned the reason why you choose that path.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
Emmaomotob: Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe said:"In nature we never see anything isolated,but everything in connection with something else which is before it,beside it,under it and over." Faith helps to persist in the lab when the goings get tough and ideas seem to have stopped flowing.DIVINE WISDOM HELPS YOU TO FACE DIFFICULTIES WHERE MERE MORTALS WOULD HAVE BACKED OUT.DIVINE HELP, YOU MIGHT NEVER RECIEVE. sad

How does the quote of Wolfgang relate to any faith or religion

Do you need religion or faith to discern the interconnectedness of nature? Isn't it glaring to common sense and everyday experience.

Bros, try harder. You make no sense.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 7:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin:
We believe in science because it is VERIFIABLE.
None of your bedtime stories are.

Boy oh boy - you want to open a whole new can of worms. I am a scientist and I believe in proven science. Which science are you referring to? Evolution?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 7:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode:

because that's what "men of god" of been planting in people's minds for centuries. It's hard to ignore the norm.

You still haven't answered my question Bros. How do you know your creator, how do you relate to him? Does anyone else know this "creator"
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
cloudstar:

Boy oh boy - you want to open a whole new can of worms. I am a scientist and I believe in proven science. Which science are you referring to? Evolution?

Please let's stay on the topic. Ok?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Sogen2(f): 7:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
[quote
author=patostation]The only book that has accurately foretold the the
future, and whose prophecy about the future continues to be reliable.
Its prophecy about the fall of Babylon, about Cyrus, Jesus' birth,
birthplace, death, resurrection etc are accurate beyond belief.

It is the only book that has given an unmatched insight about how we
came about and where we will end up. It explains the future of mankind
and where we are in the stream of time. It equally explains the
condition of the dead and the hope they have

It is the best book that can change a person's life.[/quote]

Wow.. Are u 1 of Jehovah's witnesses?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
Missy89:

Thank you but stop preaching.
I have read the bible and i know whats in there.
What i said was i am not a member of any organized religion. that is very different from being spiritual. You can be a Christian. there is nothing wrong in that. In fact good for you!. I never questioned the reason why you choose that path.

the concept of salvation in christ is so simple to understand,I want you to know this, witou jesus, you cannot obey God. I wish I can tell you many things in this bible. Anyway, I PRAY GOD BE WITH YOU IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: the concept of salvation in christ is so simple to understand,I want you to know this, witou jesus, you cannot obey God. I wish I can tell you many things in this bible. Anyway, I PRAY GOD BE WITH YOU IN JESUS NAME.

Guy...Amen.

And please shut up.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
SangoCrusader:

Your 2 cents or 2 million cents shocked.

I have read all you wrote this Sunday morning and none of it is relevant. I do not know why Christians like to use an incoherent and controversial bible to defend their religion. Can we just use common sense to discuss abeg because I am no longer Christian so quoting scriptures to me from a dubiously-compiled storybook in a debate is of little value.

Can you just answer this question please @cloudstar... is it ever justifiable to kill a suckling baby, regardless of how wicked it's parents were?

You used the Bible to make a statement, so I have to use the Bible to answer your question. That’s like saying you can’t prove that the President lives in the White House by looking into the White House. It is looking into the White House that will provide the necessary proof.

I asked you a question regarding Adolf Hitler but so far you have ignored me
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by slogozer(m): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
Youngsage: Some of us find the Bible difficult to
comprehend and tag it as complicated.
On the other hand, some of us feel we
know the Bible inside out. Well, this
article lists down some Bible fun facts
that will challenge our knowledge of the
Bible.

The Bible is a unique book, as there
hasn't been a book like this ever written
before. Written over a period of 1500
years, it has been written over 40
generations by over 40 authors, from
different walks of life like poets,
fishermen, kings, shepherds, peasants
and scholars, under the inspiration of
the Holy Spirit.
This shows how God
does not call the equipped, but equips
the called.

Well, we all know that the
Bible is the best selling book of all
times, having sold about 6 million
copies, in over 2000 languages
and
dialects, however, do we know that

the Bible is the most shoplifted book in the
world?

More Bible Fun Facts

Old and New Testament Facts

• Did you know the word Bible comes
from the Greek word Biblia,
meaning; books. No wonder it's
called the Bible: it's a collection of
66 wonderful books!

• Did you know the Bible contains
773, 693 words and 3,566,480
letters. Reading them all aloud
would take a person approximately
70 hours!

• The Old Testament has 39 books,
while the New Testament has 27
books, bringing the total to 66. Of
the 27 books of the New Testament,
the Apostle Paul wrote 14 books
(more than half) of the New
Testament.

• The Bible contains 1189 chapters.
The word 'testament' means
'contract' or 'covenant'.
The old testament was written in
Hebrew.
The new testament was written in
Greek.

First and the Last...
• The first three words in the Bible
are 'in the beginning'.

• The first five books of the Bible,
referred to as the Pentateuch were
written by Moses.

• The last word in the Bible is 'Amen'.

Longest and the Shortest...

• The shortest book in the Bible is 3 John with just one chapter
containing 14 verses and 299 words.

• 2 John happens to have just one
chapter with 13 verses, but the
total number of words are 303.

• The shortest verse in the Bible is
John 11: 35, 'Jesus wept'.

• The longest book in the Bible is
Psalms.

• The longest verse is Ester 8:9
containing 90 words. cheesy

The longest word in the Bible is
Mahershalalhashbaz (Isaiah 8:1). shocked

It's going to be a problem for those
with fear of long words!!!

••••
I hope you don't mind my using this on our facebook page? Thanks for sharing such profound and treasurable facts. God bless you and your generation for us in Jesus name
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin:

Guy...Amen.

And please shut up.
because thou was an advocate Of the devil and if any thing cometh out of thin mouth is of no use to me, satan they Lord rebuke thee, get thee behind me.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
cloudstar:

You used the Bible to make a statement, so I have to use the Bible to answer your question. That’s like saying you can’t prove that the President lives in the White House by looking into the White House. It is looking into the White House that will provide the necessary proof.

I asked you a question regarding Adolf Hitler but so far you have ignored me
brother, I greet you, happy sunday, I enjoy your post as usual. May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
diarra94

your arguments are completely off. Albert Einstein theory of relativity is practical and can be tested in your presence.

You are missing my point. I wasn't claiming his theory can't be proven. I was stating we don't need to physically see the man to believe in his work. I never met him and I shouldn't have to meet him to know that his work pioneer modern day physics. I never met the founding founders of America but I believe they drew up and wrote the constitution of the US because I can trace the evidence and historical record to prove they did. I never met Matthew, Mark, Luke and John but we have their earliest manuscripts that predates the compilation of the Bible and gave their accounts of Jesus, what He did and who He was. That is not fable, that is history

radio waves and infrared are spectrums that are invisible to the human eye but yet they can be controlled and transfered and they do exist.

You have proven my point - it is invisible yet we still believe in it - that was ll I was trying to pass across.

why did god even require Mary to conceive Jesus? a bunch of people with limited resources and technology were trying to build a tower to reach heaven and then god confuses them by creating different languages?? really??, this wouldn't even make it in a kids bedtime story. I guess burj khalifa isn't made of sticks and strings that god can easily destroy. why are all religions confined to a certain location? why is the whole world not of one religion? this is due to the fact that everywhere you go on the planet, people have created religions that suite their culture.

All your questions doesn't negate what we have today Bros. It's your personal opinion to believe what you want to believe and what you don't want to believe. However, to claim what others believe are fables without providing authoritative sources is at best laughable
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: brother, I greet you, happy sunday, I enjoy your post as usual. May God bless you.

Thanks Bro and may the good Lord bless you and yours this sunday as well
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: because thou was an advocate Of the devil and if any thing cometh out of thin mouth is of no use to me, satan they Lord rebuke thee, get thee behind me.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
diarra94

OK now you're just starting to sound ignorant. why should I kill Adolf Hitler when god knowingly created him

It's a simple question but you are ignoring it. Let me put it another way. If you helped a hadicap elderly man in a wheel chair to get into the grocery store because he couldn't get in by himself. You felt good that you did something decent. You went home and on the breaking news, said that there was a mass shooting and killing at that grocery store. The elderly man you had helped was the culprit - he was angry and upset at the world for "taking" his wife away from him.

My question to you is this - "If you knew 110% what that man was going to do before you helped him, would you have helped him?"

a recent survey showed that atheist contributed more towards charity than any other faith in america. as humans we all have a conscience and we are subjected to the laws of physics and nature.

No one is claiming that Atheist don't have a conscience of can't be morally good people

you people forget that just a few hundred years ago , our ancestors were living in the jungle as savages with no understanding of life and reason. they killed each other as they pleased because humans were not created but evolved from animals and as our brains brains became larger and more complex we started g rasping knowledge about our world. how else would you explain the savage tribes of africa and south Americas if we all supposedly came from Adam and eve who had a concept of life.

Another evolutionist - grin. I am more interested in how we came from fish? Can you prove the missing link - how we humans came from a tapole or a toad or some fish that lived 500 million years ago? Can you tell me at what point, we started changing? In what year did we loose our fins and became snakes. How about the missing link showing how we turned from snakes to monkeys - perhaps your "science" can prove that - I dey wait
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin:

Please let's stay on the topic. Ok?

You brought it up Bros. If you stick to the confines of the topic, I will do the same.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Missy89(f): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: the concept of salvation in christ is so simple to understand,I want you to know this, witou jesus, you cannot obey God. I wish I can tell you many things in this bible. Anyway, I PRAY GOD BE WITH YOU IN JESUS NAME.

Ok if you insist then.
i believe i can learn a thing or two

tell me about the 10 commandments

is it the one in Exodus 20:1-17
OR
in Exodus 34 :1-28
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by abfirstlady: 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ymodulus: The bible is the greatest book of fairy tales ever
Ymodulus I beg ur pardon, the bible is. NOT, and certainly can NEVER be “a book of fairy tales“ but the word of God. So watch it.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by abfirstlady: 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here
Jesus no beg u to believam oh anyway, for ur own good u better do. The bible says that spiritual things is foolishness to carnal minds. I c were ur coming from and that's why I can't blame u but if ur interested, u will see the tru picture of my sweet Jesus. U r welcome anyday before it is too late
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Sanchez01: 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
God Bless YOU, OPsmiley!
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Gold45(f): 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ymodulus:

Good point.

Lets not also forget that same so called son of god Jesus christ, in the account of the parables of the good samaritan even atested to the fact that Atheist will go to an Heaven they never believe in. Yet some deluded christians kill themselves over these

True, my pastor has preached that some muslims, atheists etc will go to heaven simply because of being kind, because God is love.

But the same bible says the unforgivable sin, is the sin against the holy ghost,

So to all agnostics and atheists, dont blaspheme against God, (what if there's a God afterall) and be kind, you may find yourself in heaven.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by abfirstlady: 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ymodulus:

Good point.

Lets not also forget that same so called son of god Jesus christ, in the account of the parables of the good samaritan even atested to the fact that Atheist will go to an Heaven they never believe in. Yet some deluded christians kill themselves over these
Yes! Athiest and sinners will sure go to heaven but wait, did u read that account well? because if u do, u will notice the conditions which is doing good to others and fortunately enough, no one does good without the spirit of God in him and the spirit of God does not dwell in Athiests and sinners,but in repentant Athiests and sinners my friend
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by jayAjoku(m): 8:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here
nice deduction but wait oo have you seen your brain before... How can you believe you have one when you have never seen yours wow scary huh
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
Me love this....I am inspired...thanx for a very beautiful thread....God bless You
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Ezemmuo1: 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
@blakky97, about your argument number 32.... Mathew says 14 generations while if you count, you will get13 in the same mathew.1:12-13, why?
i want you to read the following prophesy about christ in psalms 22:30 "A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation". The 14th generation is the church also refered to as the seed of christ.
Isaiah 53:8 "He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? "v53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand".
even though he never married,or procreated as men do,all those who believe in him and are bornagain are counted as his seed or generation through whom his days are prolonged on earth even after he ascended into heaven. The church,the spiritual body of christ is the 14th generation.
There are explanations for all the questions you raised,but the bible is a spiritual book you can only beleive with your heart or spirit but never your head
Romans 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation".Psalms 42:7 "Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me"God needs not explain himself to your head for u to believe in him because he has already left a witness in ur spirit or heart that He is,says God to Moses "I AM THAT I AM"

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State / Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.