Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,746 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » (49661 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by chinex276(m): 6:32am On Aug 17, 2014
disloman: Zombie book?but still giving u headache.Get a life.
#Word

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cold(m): 6:32am On Aug 17, 2014
More fun facts about the bible

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cold(m): 6:35am On Aug 17, 2014
More interesting facts...

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by PenSniper: 6:37am On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here

Greatest dunce in history.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Donmichaelz(m): 6:37am On Aug 17, 2014
I have 500 mb left to give u ba*st*ard****s* wat u deserve if for any reason a religion should insult Christianity it shouldn't be islam...... in Islam u belive in god. u say he is powerful fine show us wat he can do.? in Christianity our God is powerful and we can show that because he uses us for healing d sick. one reason u Muslims should belive miracle is dat for there to be a fake they must be an original.. now yall should give ur life to christ... Muhammad is not even in heaven, remember no mechanic can repair breaking news but our jesus can
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by blakky97(m): 6:39am On Aug 17, 2014
BrotherJohn:

Some people are just too sick that only God can help them! I think you're one of them, was this thread for picking out what you claim to be bible mistakes? Why can't you just start another thread instead of hijacking this one?
Here again!
We have a 'holy person' spitting fire and throwing stones with his mouth. I guess you just opened your church, so you don't like your flock of sheep seeing my post. I understand bro! Take it easy. The bible is not your dad's book. So don't abuse people who are critical of its 'authentic and divine' origin.
I heard one paul or was it peters who had too many bottles of rum one night, picked an ink, and contributed his quota to the building of what is called bible (actually book in greek) today. Stop reading that book, read science books instead. Don't get your brains warped in fairy tales. Bible is more for kids and hypocrites.
And talking about sickness, it takes the sickness out of a person to argue or defend what he cannot deny. If you see me on ground, I assure you, you'll address me as 'sir' I won't tell you why.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cold(m): 6:40am On Aug 17, 2014
Things you never knew about the bible...

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Missy89(f): 6:41am On Aug 17, 2014
publicenemy:

lols...whats ur religion?

nothing specific . my heart is secular smiley
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by stigman(m): 6:41am On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here

Heaven is real, hell is real, ask yourself why do babalawo tremble at the mention of the name jesus, if you don't believe you will end up in hell, accept christ today, that's the only way out

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Ebidave001(m): 6:42am On Aug 17, 2014
Ymodulus:

Good point.

Lets not also forget that same so called son of god Jesus christ, in the account of the parables of the good samaritan even atested to the fact that Atheist will go to an Heaven they never believe in. Yet some deluded christians kill themselves over these
pls, say wat u know. Tnx.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Youngsage: 6:43am On Aug 17, 2014
benarex: Study shows that the Bible is also not complete. There other books not included. However, those included are adequate for the edification of God.
What study if I may ask? The Bible is Complete.
Basically, those other books not included in the Bible were left out for a reason, I.e were not God-inspired.
2Tim. 3:16 says, is "All scripture is
given by inspiration of God, and
is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect,
thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

In other words, the Bible is complete and adequate and reveals to us all God wants
us to know.(I agree with your last statement).
The Bible as will be seen is absolute and complete and covers any subject or
circumstance a man might encounter addressing matters directly or through guiding principles. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by blakky97(m): 6:46am On Aug 17, 2014
Okijajuju1:

The threads topic reads: Interesting facts about the bible..

His post contains such interesting facts hence it belongs on this thread. In fact, his post carries more facts than the OPs post.

Thanks.
Thanks bro!
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cold(m): 6:46am On Aug 17, 2014
Sci-fi or non fiction?

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by 1Book(m): 6:46am On Aug 17, 2014
Donmichaelz: I have 500 mb left to give u ba*st*ard****s* wat u deserve if for any reason a religion should insult Christianity it shouldn't be islam...... in Islam u belive in god. u say he is powerful fine show us wat he can do.? in Christianity our God is powerful and we can show that because he uses us for healing d sick. one reason u Muslims should belive miracle is dat for there to be a fake they must be an original.. now yall should give ur life to christ... Muhammad is not even in heaven, remember no mechanic can repair breaking news but our jesus can
You have absolutely made NO sense!...
Do you think everybody that insults christainity is a muslim?

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Christmasdon(m): 6:46am On Aug 17, 2014
Op, listen up, there you wrote ."it is up to us to turn back to God" is a total wrong english sentence, rather the exact sentence is "it is up to us to turn to God" if you say turn back to God means .we are giving our back to God. That is what it simply means, Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by publicenemy(m): 6:47am On Aug 17, 2014
Missy89:

nothing specific . my heart is secular smiley

just like me cool cool...

i think its best cos religion is all about accepting loads of crap without asking questions and i am all about the questions.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by olasmith10(m): 6:47am On Aug 17, 2014
The existence of God shouldn't be taken into scrutiny.. There are so many things we can never, I repeat, can never understand until we die..

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by ladycomfort(f): 6:47am On Aug 17, 2014
My own concern is that youth of nowadays have resulted into deep criticism of the BIBLE which is totally uncalled for. They want to be successful in life and they hav totally forgotten that it is only GOD that can make one successful in life , I wonder why americans use "in GOD we trust" and they remain the most powerful nation. Well it takes a spiritual man to understand that this world is more than the physical. Later some peeps will say the rich men in the world dont believe in GOD but hv they asked themselves what these men do in the corner of their room. Lest I forget, I was once an atheist.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by victorazy(m): 6:48am On Aug 17, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: The bible is the first zombie book to be translated into more than 200 languages.

"Satan is watching you"
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 17, 2014
Halleluyah
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by fiverrwin(f): 6:49am On Aug 17, 2014
The preditions are been fulfilled even now
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by stigman(m): 6:51am On Aug 17, 2014
Ymodulus:

proves pls!!!

Religious lies

If you die today where will you go? Heaven is real, Hell is real
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Rexyl(m): 6:52am On Aug 17, 2014
Can someone summarize in a sentence what the Bible wants for the world and the person like you?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by justi4jesu(f): 6:53am On Aug 17, 2014
Nice
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Lex11(m): 6:53am On Aug 17, 2014
"The words of the Lord are pure words, Like silver tried in a furnace of earth, Purified seven times." - Psalm 12:6

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." - Hebrews 4:12

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Romans 10:17
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by akunjohn(m): 6:54am On Aug 17, 2014
thumb Up for this thread.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Donmichaelz(m): 6:55am On Aug 17, 2014
Muhammad is a prophet jesus is d son of God
Islam is a religion Christianity is a faith
Islam say servant, Christianity say son
Islam say miracles are for God alone, christianity say ye can do All things through christ
Islam say condemnation, Christianity. say salvation
Islam say holy war Christianity say peace
Muslims say God is powerful ,Christians show them how powerful he is 1 john 4:4

Muslims worship 5 times a day they call it dedication
in Christianity d devil will try to stop u from worshiping God, bottom line, d devil has no business disturbing anyone doing his willl....

he that is above is above All, Christ is above
let me illustrate Trinity,
God is like d body of d sun,jesus is d light of d sun ,d holy spirit is d heat u feel that's what we call TRINITY..

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by ayowole21(m): 6:55am On Aug 17, 2014
the best and most inspirational book but it seems like a veil is covering a lot of Christian eyes they rather find it boring. God help us all

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Rexyl(m): 6:57am On Aug 17, 2014
ladycomfort: My own concern is that youth of nowadays have resulted into deep criticism of the BIBLE which is totally uncalled for. They want to be successful in life and they hav totally forgotten that it is only GOD that can make one successful in life , I wonder why americans use "in GOD we trust" and they remain the most powerful nation. Well it takes a spiritual man to understand that this world is more than the physical. Later some peeps will say the rich men in the world dont believe in GOD but hv they asked themselves what these men do in the corner of their room. Lest I forget, I was once an atheist.

the reason for doing that is simple and summarized in the BIBLE.
Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Lex11(m): 6:57am On Aug 17, 2014
Rexyl: Can someone summarize in a sentence what the Bible wants for the world and the person like you?

The salvation of our souls from destruction to the glory of The Holy God who made them.

Ephesians 5:26
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 17, 2014
ladycomfort: My own concern is that youth of nowadays have resulted into deep criticism of the BIBLE which is totally uncalled for. They want to be successful in life and they hav totally forgotten that it is only GOD that can make one successful in life , I wonder why americans use "in GOD we trust" and they remain the most powerful nation. Well it takes a spiritual man to understand that this world is more than the physical. Later some peeps will say the rich men in the world dont believe in GOD but hv they asked themselves what these men do in the corner of their room. Lest I forget, I was once an atheist.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by helphelp: 6:59am On Aug 17, 2014
Youngsage: Some of us find the Bible difficult to
comprehend and tag it as complicated.
On the other hand, some of us feel we
know the Bible inside out. Well, this
article lists down some Bible fun facts
that will challenge our knowledge of the
Bible.

The Bible is a unique book, as there
hasn't been a book like this ever written
before. Written over a period of 1500
years, it has been written over 40
generations by over 40 authors, from
different walks of life like poets,
fishermen, kings, shepherds, peasants
and scholars, under the inspiration of
the Holy Spirit.
This shows how God
does not call the equipped, but equips
the called.

Well, we all know that the
Bible is the best selling book of all
times, having sold about 6 million
copies, in over 2000 languages
and
dialects, however, do we know that

the Bible is the most shoplifted book in the
world?

More Bible Fun Facts

Old and New Testament Facts

• Did you know the word Bible comes
from the Greek word Biblia,
meaning; books. No wonder it's
called the Bible: it's a collection of
66 wonderful books!

• Did you know the Bible contains
773, 693 words and 3,566,480
letters. Reading them all aloud
would take a person approximately
70 hours!

• The Old Testament has 39 books,
while the New Testament has 27
books, bringing the total to 66. Of
the 27 books of the New Testament,
the Apostle Paul wrote 14 books
(more than half) of the New
Testament.

• The Bible contains 1189 chapters.
The word 'testament' means
'contract' or 'covenant'.
The old testament was written in
Hebrew.
The new testament was written in
Greek.

First and the Last...
• The first three words in the Bible
are 'in the beginning'.

• The first five books of the Bible,
referred to as the Pentateuch were
written by Moses.

• The last word in the Bible is 'Amen'.

Longest and the Shortest...

• The shortest book in the Bible is 3 John with just one chapter
containing 14 verses and 299 words.

• 2 John happens to have just one
chapter with 13 verses, but the
total number of words are 303.

• The shortest verse in the Bible is
John 11: 35, 'Jesus wept'.

• The longest book in the Bible is
Psalms.

• The longest verse is Ester 8:9
containing 90 words. cheesy

The longest word in the Bible is
Mahershalalhashbaz (Isaiah 8:1). shocked

It's going to be a problem for those
with fear of long words!!!

••••

Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State / Pastor Poju Oyemade Deletes His Tweets After He was Attacked On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.