Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,115 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Single Friends Of Married Peeps. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Friends Of Married Peeps. (28145 Views)

Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? / To All The Married Peeps How Is Your Marriage Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by selena(f): 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
My best friend is getting married in two months time.Ever since she got engaged and was living with her fiancé,I stopped calling her like I used to..I know that levels has changed..I'm no more on her level for now because she is getting married..she is even the one that calls me and says that I don't call her anymore.I love her dearly and wish her the best in her married life ...I will miss us hanging out,but I have to respect her time.I will start visiting her when I also get married and know that we can both start discussing each other's family..

2 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Godmystrength: 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
Edusouls: Shut up all u jealous girls, girls of nowadays are unable to find and secure husbands, they overgrow and get old, claiming they re going to school, and in that school most of them loose all they have got as women, cos they accquire lots of terrible vices to their life of pretence, multiple boyfriends, dishonesty, materialism, umannered, casual sex, easy abortion, cunning behaviour, smart lies,wickedness, cheating habits, the worst is that women are so dumb that they dont even know their problems becos is so numerous. They should know that it will only get worse, cos of their lifestyle, as so many overgrown and matured ladies roam the streets with hypocritical life style, sorry if they realy want to start marrying, they have lots,lots of work to do on their lives, cos it too baad.
why are you like this?

3 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
Women see marriage as an achievement. Instead of friends calling themselves by their names as before they start calling themselves mummy dis or Mrs dis. That automatically puts them on a different pedestal and makes their single friends feel odd.
We guys still call ourselves by nicknames, the single ones don't even remember the married ones are married. Nobody made me feel odd when I was single and I don't make anyone feel odd for being single. We hardly discuss our marriages as it's irrelevant to our friendship.

3 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by bukatyne(f): 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
Gaggi: Women see marriage as an achievement. Instead of friends calling themselves by their names as before they start calling themselves mummy dis or Mrs dis. That automatically puts them on a different pedestal and makes their single friends feel odd.
We guys still call ourselves by nicknames, the single ones don't even remember the married ones are married. Nobody made me feel odd when I was single and I don't make anyone feel odd for being single. We hardly discuss our marriages as it's irrelevant to our friendship.

Thank you

The mummy ish irks me (keep it till I am 70 lipsrsealed)

The bolded was a point I was making to Coogar

3 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by ebichy(f): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
KanwuliaJara: Single people have NO business hanging out with married people!
Nothing in common!
They should only meet in PUBLIC places like social gatherings!
The sentiments cannot be avoided.

Even if the married people ACT LIKE MARRIED PEOPLE. . . .which comes naturally. . .THE SINGLE PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS COMPLAIN!
Making innocents statements which bring up HUSBAND AND CHILDREN. . .will ALWAYS CAUSE FEELINGS OF INSECURITY WITH THE SINGLE PEEPS!

The reason I AVOID THEM!
[size=20pt]THE SINGLE WOMEN ARE THE VERY WORST!!!![/size]
You can never totally feel free to discuss your life WITH THEM without sounding like you are 'pitying' them or making them feel 'inadequate'!
Even if you say to them. . .I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY HUSBAND TO COME BACK FROM WORK. . . or I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE KIDS TO COME BACK FROM SCHOOL. . . . Ha! You are mocking them because they are single.

NANSENZZZZZZZZZZZE!!!

Yes. . . some married people MEAN TO DO JUST THAT! Their prerogative!
STAY ON YOUR OWN OR GO OUT WITH ONLY SINGLE PEEPS!
Period! kiss

I DON'T ENTERTAIN THEM IN MY HOUSE. . . . . ESPECIALLY THE FEMALES. . . .I get extremely irritated by their 'sme-sme' nonsense! I don't wanna cuss them out with all that 'self-pity' and 'insecurities' going on within THEIR BODIES, MINDS AND SOULS!
If I were single. . . I WILL NEVER HANG OUT WITH ANY MARRIED WOMAN! NEVER!!!!! I WOULD NOT GIVVVVVA A QUARTER OF A PHOCK WHAT SHE GAT EITHER! Na me sen dem 'marriage message'? undecided Soooooooooooo, why should I CARE? undecided

Sheeeeeeeeeesh!kiss
i con core my dear, ladies r terrible!
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by pickabeau1: 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2014
women are their own worst enemies... makes u wonder what the rationale for the online solidarity one sees undecided

2 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
pickabeau1: women are their own worst enemies... makes u wonder what the rationale for the online solidarity one sees undecided

I agree with you.
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by okotv(m): 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
women are synonymous with trouble....not again.
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by soonest(f): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
red101:
Justi4jesu, you are right that it is the jobless housewives that are most guilty of it. Like you said, what else is there for them to talk about? they have no life outside their marriage.
I will advice the single lady to find other friends.
Yeah if the single lady is this insecure with her married friends then she shld make new single friend. That aside, there's this misconception that housewives are jobless but its not true. I believe its only those that their children are grown that can be jobless. I'm not a complete housewife but I don't envy dat work 1 bit. Imagine running after kids all day. No excuse for a house not properly arranged or not cooking on time. Abeg me I give hand for d housewives living it up.

1 Like

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by EfemenaXY: 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
bukatyne:

I think you get the meat of the gist.

Men married or not will discuss family, sports, work, music, car etc. so I wonder why married women should only discuss husband and kids.

What happened to fashion, current trends, hair, music, work, nation etc?

Lol!

The simple reason is time jare. And (unhealthy) competition. That's the problem with many of us ladies.

Take hair for example. Apart from those mums working for / with an employer, how many of the other mums have the time to go to the salon, much less spend the whole day there? Our single sisters can afford to spend all day at the salon, no sweat but it's different for us mums - especially if you've got crazy school runs to do every single day, Mon - Fri. It's not unusual to find some mums at the school gates with a coat masking their pyjamas, or a wig hastily slapped on to hide hairs that haven't been retouched for over six weeks! cheesy Make up? Lucky if many of these mums remember to do more than hurriedly slap on some lipstick sef. Mind you, the things I've listed aren't meant to slight the mums, but just to highlight the fact that there just isn't enough time. Twenty-four certainly isn't enough in one day.

Fashion: This is where the competition comes out jare where you'll see ladies "sizing" each other up, comparing the costs / value of clothes, shoes, bags, accessories, rides, etc. I mean, it's even done in church sef. Childbirth brings about bodily changes and unless you're a health / gym freak, it's a hard task keeping the weight off. This is where insecurity (from the married ones) comes in and it sort of explains why many married women don't want their single friends coming round to visit them regularly for fear that encouraging them to do so would inadvertly encourage their oga to start noticing how much slimmer, more packaged, (and perhaps sexier?) the friend is. Comparisms and criticisms start from this point from the man, so as far as the married woman is concerned, why invite trouble into your home in the first place? And to make them (married women) feel better, many of them rub their husbands and kids in the face of the singletons as a way of hitting back.

Current trends: Only actively discussed between these two different groups of women if it's business related.

Work: That common ground exists if the married / single ladies are work colleagues, so yes, there'll be that common ground for them to base their discussions on. It's also within this environment that they'll feel free enough with each other to have diverse talks that include music, current affairs, national events / occurrences, etc.

6 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by jpphilips(m): 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
God given purpose because she is single? coach Ada indeed!!
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by bukatyne(f): 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
True but if the men can manage it, we should probably learn from them cheesy

It is odd talking about your husband and children every time you meet with your friends anyways

EfemenaXY:

Lol!

The simple reason is time jare. And (unhealthy) competition. That's the problem with many of us ladies.

Take hair for example. Apart from those mums working for / with an employer, how many of the other mums have the time to go to the salon, much less spend the whole day there? Our single sisters can afford to spend all day at the salon, no sweat but it's different for us mums - especially if you've got crazy school runs to do every single day, Mon - Fri. It's not unusual to find some mums at the school gates with a coat masking their pyjamas, or a wig hastily slapped on to hide hairs that haven't been retouched for over six weeks! cheesy Make up? Lucky if many of these mums remember to do more than hurriedly slap on some lipstick sef. Mind you, the things I've listed aren't meant to slight the mums, but just to highlight the fact that there just isn't enough time. Twenty-four certainly isn't enough in one day.

Fashion: This is where the competition comes out jare where you'll see ladies "sizing" each other up, comparing the costs / value of clothes, shoes, bags, accessories, rides, etc. I mean, it's even done in church sef. Childbirth brings about bodily changes and unless you're a health / gym freak, it's a hard task keeping the weight off. This is where insecurity (from the married ones) comes in and it sort of explains why many married women don't want their single friends coming round to visit them regularly for fear that encouraging them to do so would inadvertly encourage their oga to start noticing how much slimmer, more packaged, (and perhaps sexier?) the friend is. Comparisms and criticisms start from this point from the man, so as far as the married woman is concerned, why invite trouble into your home in the first place? And to make them (married women) feel better, many of them rub their husbands and kids in the face of the singletons as a way of hitting back.

Current trends: Only actively discussed between these two different groups of women if it's business related.

Work: That common ground exists if the married / single ladies are work colleagues, so yes, there'll be that common ground for them to base their discussions on. It's also within this environment that they'll feel free enough with each other to have diverse talks that include music, current affairs, national events / occurrences, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by DollyParton1(f): 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Kimmo: Honestly, only a few people got the writer's perspective.
I've been there before, and I simply moved on. If said friend needs me, she knows how to find me.
It can be hard to be single in this country though, considering how we feel about marriage.
Every informal interaction with family and friends carries the "when are you getting married" undertone.
On January 1, when everyone was exchanging goodwill for the new year, the only exception to this were people I knew through work. Every text, ping, call, physical greeting mentioned that God would bless me with a husband this year.
Aunts, Uncles, friends, parents friends, cousins etc. I didn't used to care, but the pressure almost got me into trouble.
Now, I tune out when they start playing that song.

Let the single lady put herself in the married lady's shoes. From what I've seen of marriage, it's tasking. And to make it last, one has to give it her all.
Plus, what kind of friend is the single lady too?

This reminds me of the first person that wished me a happy new year this year. The first prayer she said was ..." I pray you get married this year". I had to go mute on her. And she was expecting me to shout Amen!! Or something. She kept saying "say Amen". I simply told her that the prayer I need right now is getting into an internship programme. Then she remembered I was jobless, and was like that's true.
The society is not helping at all. Even if u don't care people around you will frustrate you.
Like 90% of my friends are married and I am very comfortable with them. We visit each other a lot, and we do occasional sleep overs when we can. They discuss their husbands and kids and even their husband's family members with me and really I don't find it offending.
Marriage is the last thing that will intimidate me.

10 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by EfemenaXY: 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
bukatyne: True but if the men can manage it, we should probably learn from them cheesy

It is odd talking about your husband and children every time you meet with your friends anyways

The illiterate unexposed women are guilty of this...

1 Like

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by silversonuc(m): 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
hardbody:

I notice how this discussion turned to only female discussion. Says a whole lot about the specie called women. They even dig and scratch for trouble where there's none. Thank God I am a man.

same reason am single, like u said dey really dig nd look for wahala wia none exists, women sha

1 Like

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by ayusco85(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

With BIG-BIG Teeth too! wink

Pishure of the big teeth or its a lie grin
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by silversonuc(m): 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
Gaggi: Women see marriage as an achievement. Instead of friends calling themselves by their names as before they start calling themselves mummy dis or Mrs dis. That automatically puts them on a different pedestal and makes their single friends feel odd.

end of story

1 Like

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by silversonuc(m): 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
pickabeau1: women are their own worst enemies... makes u wonder what the rationale for the online solidarity one sees undecided

1 Like

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by silversonuc(m): 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2014

most complicated species among all d sapien species
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by silversonuc(m): 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
DollyParton1:

This reminds me of the first person that wished me a happy new year this year. The first prayer she said was ..." I pray you get married this year". I had to go mute on her. And she was expecting me to shout Amen!! Or something. She kept saying "say Amen". I simply told her that the prayer I need right now is getting into an internship programme. Then she remembered I was jobless, and was like that's true.
The society is not helping at all. Even if u don't care people around you will frustrate you.
Like 90% of my friends are married and I am very comfortable with them. We visit each other a lot, and we do occasional sleep overs when we can. They discuss their husbands and kids and even their husband's family members with me and really I don't find it offending.
Marriage is the last thing that will intimidate me.
to b frank i love ya personality, dis defines a lady who knws who she is nd wat she wants in life, forget em ladies with complicated lives, making difficulties outa easy rides

3 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
the basic truth is that if you embrace your singleness with pride whether or not you anticipate getting married in the future, its your married friends that will envy you. but i strongly advice single ladies to avoid friends who have no life outside their marriage especially those house wives that talk alot about their kids and husbands,spend hours gossiping about people only to run to them when they have marital issues.

4 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
Sunshinelady: . Chai diariz godu o, see all dese pple acting like dey weren't once single, or dey won't hav daughters dat will be singl b4 bein married. U pple hav just proved d OP right. Anyways, d truth is dat many married ladies don't feel comfortabl around single ladies, mostly cos dey r afraid d lady is out to steal their man or somtin, for instance in a church wen a singl lady dresses scantilly if u see d women rainin curse on her u go fear, but if its a married or pregnant woman pple will look d oda way. I feel d hostility of married women twrds singles is mostly insecurity. Women generally beef each other, talk more of wen there is now disparity of married & not married. But make una no vex 2much , singles will still marry & join d caucus of married women, so dat everybody will be one big happy family wink
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by tpia1: 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
So career women do not talk about their kids and husbands?

Just asking.

1 Like

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Juzzybabe(f): 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
I am married but I don't think I would have to sound a trumpet to singles pals that we can't just be as close as we use to be. Wise friends would give the gap d day they see you walk down the aisle and say "I do". That's what I did when I was single,with a clean heart ooo
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Missmossy(f): 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
Eeyah....that must have hurt. She won't be called to intervene on matters of baby talks when the babies start coming incheesy some Nigerians and their ways.
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by tpia1: 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by dasparrow: 10:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
phineas: I don't get this country,with majority in poverty,and the ones we call the middle class actually been those that have patched it together and can just barely scrape by while praying no emmergency comes up,we place so much emphasis on marriage in the most productive years of their lives...

I would have thought most would have learnt from their parents,do not let anyone or society pressure them into marry till they have settled milestones in life..

So young pple that should be contemplating industries,consolidating. carrear growth Amongst others take up marriage because they are 26 and have found love, an emmergency occurs and a whole family nuclear and extended cannot raise a million naira

This is nigeria and not jand if u don't come from a family that can shoulder some of your responsibilities from time to time,if u have no background to cater for emmergencies forget what pple say,build yourself,build carrear,travel,maximise and create opportunities,only then when u have created a steady base should you start talking marriage.and our soceity should really stop celebrating mediocrity.this goes to both male and female.Husbands promotion kor... Husband that leaves them @ forty... Silly pple.

Well said. I have nothing more to add.

2 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
Its really so ridiculous that when once some ladies say"I do" they become cold & distant towards their single friends,as if they became" married" from their mother's wombs.Anothr funny area is when their wrists keep acting up (flaunting their rings)any time they bump in2 any single lady.This reminds me of a bitch that used 2 live in my neighborhood,who had a penchant for always dominating every conversation with my husband this, my husband that,she even amused me by saying" what will people say when they see her hanging out with a single girl like me,I just made it easier 4 her by banning her from ever coming near me.Though she apologised but her apology did'nt hold any water in my cup,as I wisely shifted base 2 correspond with the change of levels.I stopped calling her & neither visited her,she was rather the one running after me.Mchewwwwww! So much about marital status. The funniest part is that when you hear her rub her husband in your face u'll think her marriage is heaven on earth,but when u go near her,u'll simply laugh her off as a "clown",she calls him "baby"while he calls her by her name,is'nt that ridiculous?...lol

1 Like

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by awhales(f): 11:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
red101:
Justi4jesu, you are right that it is the jobless housewives that are most guilty of it. Like you said, what else is there for them to talk about? they have no life outside their marriage.
I will advice the single lady to find other friends. Even if she wants to keep married friends, she should find ones that aren't jobless. I would prefer to be friends with a woman who can tell me about her own promotion instead of always talking about her husband's. How does her husband concern me?

I find it disrespectful when people address housewives as JOBLESS... taking care of the home is full time work... most of career women find solace in maids... also some called career women don't do anything in the office than gossip...don't generalise next time when referring to housewives, the fact that you have a job doesn't make you more busy than a woman that spends her time working in her home....

2 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by tpia1: 2:00am On Aug 19, 2014
how many nlers are actually stay at home mums to begin with? I am not aware of any nler who has said she's one, if there are any, not more than one or two has admitted it.

this aluu mentality of hating on such women, is rather annoying sha.

from this topic alone, at least three posters came up with various silly excuses to start mentioning stay at home mums.

in actual fact, the people who talk about their husbands and kids the most, are actually females who work.

last time i checked, celebrities who always post their family and relatives pictures, are classified as working women? Or is posting their personal photos part of their work.

2 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by tpia1: 2:01am On Aug 19, 2014
and why are women always so full of envy anyway?

gosh.
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by ireneidiva(f): 3:36am On Aug 19, 2014
No time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Son Insists 94-year-Old Father Must Not Be Buried In Imo / US Father Takes Unclaimed African Kingdom To Make Daughter A Princess / Mother Of Three Flees Over Circumcision Threat (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.