Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine (66028 Views)

Ebola: Infected Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine. / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / My Body Discharges Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by gebest: 9:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
LET SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUIAH

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Solozzo(m): 9:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
Bluetooth2:

They sent it Liberia, spain, Sierra Leone. Why was Nigeria exempted ?

Indeed why was Nigeria exempted?

Let us collect at least a million signatures to request FDA and mapbiopharmaceuticals to bring the drug to Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
coolThankGod for our pastors and imam who prayed and fasted.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Leopantro: 9:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
theoctopus:

This is a report from a media house, not a government news briefing. Must you criticize everything?

i would when i have it on good authority that the female consultant is still critically ill. just two days ago, the family was begging for the vaccine, then today she is discharged.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by phemmyjohnson: 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Ms analyzer.

1. They should seen signs and symptoms of ebola and kept their distance until they put on bio-harzards. (of course they didn't have cos they weren't prepared!).

2.They should have been watching out for patients like that considering the fact that WHO and the rest of the world have been warning us about this since.

3. They should have asked the ECOWAS official first immediately after seeing the symptoms.

Now you gerrit?
Sweetlemon, easy there. It's easier said than done. When a person is brought in sick, the last thing on the mind of the doctors and nurses is nationality. The FIRST thing is to get the individual stabilised before going further to ask about medical history, last meal taken, allergies etc. Babes, please easy on your assumptions.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by phemmyjohnson: 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
phemmyjohnson: http://www.channelstv.com/2014/08/16/ebola-first-patient-discharged-hospital/

So y'all shud chill
And let's begin the hugs again..
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
mrking3: dude shut up already! Seems you're not following events as they unfold! Just last few days we appealed to the US to extend ZMAPP to us and what did we get in response? Instead, they sent the Last dose to Liberia and Guinee! Yesterday again, they assured Ghana that they're solidly behind them incase of Ebola outbreak! America thinks they're God!! Shame unto OBAMA! Shame Unto US! And GOD BLESS NIGERIA !!!!

Your brain is not functioning. Did you develop the drug for America? Why should you tell them who to give?
When your fuccked up Govt won't develop science you're stuck begging for others help. Nonsense
Your grammar is atrocious and not worthy of my response.
Go get an education you cretin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
Bluetooth2:

No but he wanted the disease to spread by denying Nigeria access to Zmapp and ridiculing any attempt by Nigerians to find a cure to the virus. Shame on him !

I normally don't respond to dumb shit like this
Tell your corrupt leaders in abuja to develop science rather than stealing billions
Maybe then you won't have to beg for serums.

Nonsense. Always looking for whom to blame

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
kobonaire: bros, you better believe ..... Obama personally made the Ebola bush meat BBQ for Naija

https://www.nairaland.com/1860188/ebola-nigerians-blast-us-fda/6#25529013

Mister man next time you quote me.
Give me an authoritative source or stay the fucck away from my mentions.

I don't suffer dumb posts. Especially those without authoritative sources.

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by ayusco85(m): 9:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
ceejayluv:
Sincerely, I didn't understand what you wrote there.....

go sccrew urself then. dont quote me again tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
rickkid: Obviously you are not a healthcare professional and you have zero idea about what medical emergency protocols are. When a patient is wheeled in half dead you dont stand around asking JAMB questions as a nurse - you get into action. I pray the next time you fall ill, you encounter a nurse who first uses video intercom to interrogate you for 15 minutes while your life is slipping away. After that, maybe you'll learn some appreciation for the work these people do.
Loudmouth.
Please don't blame her; she's only saying what she knows. Like I said before and I will repeat it again: When a sick patient is brought in, the FIRST thing is to get him/her out of the dying state before going further.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by chynes(f): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
abatically:

Before u play the blame game, did u actually find out what happened on that fateful Sunday? Did it occur to u that Patrick sawyer's aim was to infect people at the ECOWAS conference but for his health that detoriated when he landed in Lagos? The entire staff of that hospital are heroes and they prevented what could have been a catastrophe.

A patient was brought in feeling feverish, the hospital took him in which is normal, he didn't tell them he was from Liberia. They ran a test on him found out it was Ebola, and he even denied it. So what would they have done? Send him away so he can infect 20 million lagosians?

Sawyer even asked the doctors to discharge him so he could continue his journey to calabar but the staff denied him. Now if u were working in that hospital I'm sure u would run away knowing u were dealing with Ebola. Sawyer wanted to force himself out of the hospital but the staff fought him and when he saw he had no where to go, he urinated on the doctors and nurses and that was how most of the infected got infected. Those people risked their lives to save millions, they deserve some respect and not criticism.
Thank you for your comment. Too many over sabi people full this place.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by kobonaire(m): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
ebdib: Mister man next time you quote me. Give me an authoritative source or stay the fucck away from my mentions.
I don't suffer dumb posts. Especially those without authoritative sources. Nonsense
Bros, why you de explode vulgarities like this? You and I de the same boat and de laugh the mugu claim that Obama gave Naija Ebola ... read the posts i linked here very well ... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by sunbracosun(m): 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
God choose to spare this man's life. Perhaps. For a purpose.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
ebdib:

Tell your corrupt leaders in abuja to develop science rather than stealing billions

Now you see why nobody gives a fuckingfuck about Obama. God has a way way of embarrassing arrogant buttwipes !

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
ebdib:

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by farefemi: 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
studio14: if people will fear Jehovah the way they feared Ebola, the world would hv been a different place.
You are one
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
eaglechild: This is great news!!!!
But I hope she was tested before discharge.

This brings so much hope and a lesson for all.

The earlier one presents as a contact the better chances of survival.

Imagine me agreeing with eagle child.
That's the simple truth. Admit the patient immediately and commerce alleviating the symptoms and there is a 30 %chance of recovery

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Leopantro: 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
Emeka UgwuonyeThe Due
Process Advocates (DPA)
Fri ·
NEGLECT OF THE EBOLA
PATIENTS: THE WORST THAT WE
FEARED HAPPENED:
When I speak out against the
Nigerian Government, many
people, particularly the
supporters of the government,
accuse me of all manner of evil.
They think they love Nigeria
better than I do. But the fact is
that I have been right. Nigerian
Government is the worst on
earth. It is made up of criminals
and incompetent fools from top
to bottom. I hate to have to
speak of them like this. But I
cannot run away from the truth.
Nigerian Government officials
are the most corrupt. They are
the most ignorant. They do not
care about their country. They
do not care about their people.
Openly they speak of one
Nigeria and patriotism. But
behind, they work so hard to
destroy the country. Even on
common things like fighting
Ebola, they are uselessly unable
to perform the basic things.
They quickly announced the
allocation of 1.9 Billion Naira,
which they have earmarked to
embezzle. Those who would use
that money to buy mansions in
Europe and America already
know themselves.
So, they abandoned our Ebola
patients to die. They went to
televisions and spoke nonsense.
But in fact, they never cared
about the patients. No oxygen
canisters. No basic medication
and equipments that WHO has
recommended. Indeed, Nigerian
Government isolated the Ebola
patients for the purpose of
finishing them up. It is mind
bugging to face up to the
exceptional neglect these
patients have suffered. To get a
better picture, consider the
following statements from Mr.
John Okeiyi Kalu (JOK) who
stayed in touch with an Ebola
patient in isolation till the last.
JOK wrote:
"My basic conclusion is that
Nigeria and the world failed
Justina. She (Justina Ejelonu,
one of the nurses) could have
lived if all that was required at
the quarantine place was
provided. Her fiancé shares my
view and sent this to me a while
ago: "Am presently at the
hospital to get her death
certificate. Am angry n will do
what Justina will do for me if its
me. These pple are being
brought here to die n that's all
but I can't watch it.""
…………..
"I was on the phone with the
fiancé who stopped over
yesterday morning at the
market to buy a few things
Justina will need. We mapped
out our plan on what to do that
day, including getting a list of
essential drugs from the WHO
staff so we can urgently procure
them and also inform the
authorities that those items are
not available. When he arrived
at the hospital to deliver what
he bought and await Yako's
arrival with the new oxygen
canister, he sent me this
initially confusing message "my
brother Obioma is gone""
……………..
"Due to the work we did quietly
without rabble rousing, the
nation is now focused on the
state of the quarantine facility.
Relatives of patints have found
their voices and are protesting.
The media is focusing on details
like why there is no oxygen,
infusion and other medical
supplies there. We have given
what information we have to
them. As you now know, we got
3 media people to hear directly
from Justina. 2 of them have
published already and the 3rd
one is so angry that I am
"scared" of what he will publish
this saturday in his feature
story."
Those who defend Nigeria or
Nigerian Government really has
to understand that they are
defending the worst regime on
earth. They are defending idiots
and crooks. It is not about
political parties. I don't support
any. I don't care who is in
power. What matters is what do
they do for the people of this
country? How could they allow
our citizens die like chicken?
Even Guinea and Sierra Leone
and Liberia have all done better
than the big-for-nothing
Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by johnjon: 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Ms analyzer.

1. They should seen signs and symptoms of ebola and kept their distance until they put on bio-harzards. (of course they didn't have cos they weren't prepared!).

2.They should have been watching out for patients like that considering the fact that WHO and the rest of the world have been warning us about this since.

3. They should have asked the ECOWAS official first immediately after seeing the symptoms.

Now you gerrit?

What the feck is this one saying undecided
Mumu grade A.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Bishop(m): 9:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
I am so exited about this news ooooooooooooooooooooooooo,she is someone i know personally,I just thank God for her recovery

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by room089: 9:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tell America that she wasn't cured with Zmapp but Nano Silver!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Now you see why nobody gives a fuckingfuck about Obama. God has a way way of embarrassing arrogant buttwipes !

How will nigeria develop
All of you are blaming Obama.
Mumus

Yet none will blame your fuccked up leaders for cutting education budgets.
For stealing money meant for science development.
Keep blaming Obama.
Short sighted cretins

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
rickkid: Obviously you are not a healthcare professional and you have zero idea about what medical emergency protocols are. When a patient is wheeled in half dead you dont stand around asking JAMB questions as a nurse - you get into action. I pray the next time you fall ill, you encounter a nurse who first uses video intercom to interrogate you for 15 minutes while your life is slipping away. After that, maybe you'll learn some appreciation for the work these people do.
Loudmouth.

Dude stop spewing rubbish here. The first step in such emergency would be the application of "universal precautions" by the healthcare professionals.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by eaglechild: 9:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
ayusco85:

please tell me how that is my business? am a nigerian not a Liberian or guinean

***sips his hot lipton tea***
Really?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
room089: Tell America that she wasn't cured with Zmapp but Nano Silver!

Sigh
I'm tired of nairaland
Did anywhere in the article state that she was treated with nano silver?

Lol. Kai
I'm tired of nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by eaglechild: 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
Why is there sooooooo much ignorance in every Ebola thread? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by cirmuell(m): 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sweetlemon: Abasi sosong o!

As for those saying America should go to hell because of this. Did she recover because of nano silver? Nigerians and mouth sha.
what difference does it make? undecided that black a.rse can go to hell tongue
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Satan, Shame unto you!!! Shame! Shame! Shame to d anti-christ called OBAMA....He is indeed a disgrace to Africans.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
ebdib:

Sigh
I'm tired of nairaland
Did anywhere in the article state that she was treated with nano silver?

Lol. Kai
I'm tired of nairaland.

I feel you.

Anyone can create a website now claiming that honey cured her and they will believe it because it is on the Internet.

Some of them will add to the article that Holy Mary appeared in her hospital room.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Dies At Sperm Bank After 4th Donation In 10 Days (PHOTO) / A Healthy Liver Vs A Liver Damaged By Alcohol (Disturbing Photo) / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.