Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors (36520 Views)

Why Sacked Doctors May Not Be Recalled - Fashola / Lagos Issues Quit Notice To Sacked Doctors. / Lagos Government Willing To Negotiate With Sacked Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 17, 2014
Fitz22:

Na Lie..Doctors re stupid, selfish n self centered. They think dey re d most important pple in diz country and in the hospital. They should go outside d country n see how health team work in collaboration with dem selfs. We can't care for our patients very well b cos of poor collaboration between d health teams.
Health team makes up d hospital and d health care systems can't function well until dere is collaboration. So Doctors should come down from dat height dey have placed themselves and den allow other health care team including doc's to walk as one. Dey should stop doing d work of pharmacy, lab scientist, physiotherapists n nurses. Dey should concentrate on deir own job. Allow oda qualified health care personal to hold any position as long as dey re qualified for it.

GEJ should not blink, he is doing d right fin.haters go n die.

doctors are doing work of members of johesu? u an international joke. pls do u know meaning of medicine? pls do not tell u get ur waec/neco thru fraud.

4 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by EHoudini: 6:17am On Aug 17, 2014
I learnt from experience that most doctors are inherently insecure. Strip them of title; they got nothing left: blank, pathetic n lost! Have those ever travel out of the see what's obtainable else? They should the statusque is simply not sustainable. Thumbs up gej. God bless nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Zeus777: 6:20am On Aug 17, 2014
Sunshinelady: . Are u ignorant or plain dum.b? Were d so called 16,000 drs workin b4 dey were sacked? Dey beg dem to work dey no gree work because of som stupid, useless, selfish demands. Pple are dyin & dey only tink of demselves. If I had my way dey won't only be sacked but thoroughly flogged
u could Hv a discuss without bein insultive
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 17, 2014
EHoudini: I learnt from experience that most doctors are inherently insecure. Strip them of title; they got nothing left: blank, pathetic n lost! Have those ever travel out of the see what's obtainable else? They should the statusque is simply not sustainable. Thumbs up gej. God bless nigeria

NIGERIA DO NOT NEED DOCTORS.SACK ALL OF THEM,NOT ONLY RESIDENT DOCTORS.CLOSE MEDICAL SCHOOLS AND HOSPITALS.

1 Like

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by onatisi(m): 6:20am On Aug 17, 2014
Fxwarrior:

With what money will they use to open which hospital.You think its easy?
please kindly educate them ooo. What they don't know is that the fg holds the aces here. Definitely what will happen is that the medical group or association will break into 2, one party will dialogue with fg and return to work . That is the essence of the sacking

1 Like

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by dvee2: 6:23am On Aug 17, 2014
lrguru: brother, I am not happy, but hey life must go on! The doctors abandoned their place of work courtesy of frivolous reason and went on strike, what do u want us to do? FG has begged them to go to work, they refuse, if this sack was not initiated they will remain on strike prolly till december. Bros jobless people are prayin for that position and since the people employed to handle the sick people/ patients swore never to anymore, the govt will have no other option than to replace them with people who are willin to work, and chairman, the wonderful news is that they will still be replaced by Nigerians. That in simple term is called displacement

My friend, I am not a doctor. But it's not as simple as that. You cannot replace experience like that, that will be tantamount to playing with people life. If you sack all the pilot and ask trainee copilot to run the plane I don't think you will agree to be a passenger. We have seen this happened before, FG sacked all university lecturers, leading to mass exodus of experience academics, the result is what you see in our tertiary institutions now. This government have bad advisers, industrial action happens, negotiate.

3 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 17, 2014
[size=18pt]MAY GOD BLESS YOU! GEJ TILL 2019[/size]
ObiOkpor: vote him out and vote who in my darling? Your elder brother? No!
Goodluck go finish his second tenure,if u no like am,na u sabi!
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by lafuria1(m): 6:31am On Aug 17, 2014
kaleidoscope:

LOL!!! You talk like its so easy to open a private hospital.... And worst of all "travel and be doctors in other countries".. SERIOUSLY!!! you think one would just wake up one morning, travel and become doctors in other countries... You think if it were that easy you would have as many doctors in Nigeria Come on..

Do you wake up one morning and start going to the universities? No you apply. Being doctors in other countries entails planning could take up to a month. It won't come immediately.

How Many doctors do you regard as many? It's just 27,000 doctors in Nigeria for 160 million Nigerians, frankly that not much. The are over 8 thousand Nigerian doctors in USA and Britain alone, I will say it's easy but of course not everyone wants to work outside Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by lafuria1(m): 6:42am On Aug 17, 2014
Fxwarrior:

With what money will they use to open which hospital.You think its easy?

Of course it isn't easy, it is not expected for all to open hospitals. Reality is , they have better options to survive. There are hospital with just two doctors. The hospital don't have to be big. There is hospital in my village that is run by one man. All people want is a doctor to talk to and get his recommendation and prescription to their illness.

3 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by dvee2: 6:43am On Aug 17, 2014
thepathologist:

u will swallow ur vomit. accident or serious illness is awaiting u or ur family members. then u would beg educated fools to rescue you.

Don't mind him, some people just view the strike in terms of GEJ s ambition, 2015 election and our son does no wrong. The ramifications of this action is not fully thought through.
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Kingspin(m): 6:44am On Aug 17, 2014
suwailad: [size=18pt]GUYS VOTE GEJ OUT 2015! THIS MAN IS DESTROYING THE NATION! [/size]
You forgot to tell us who we are to vote for in 2015. Bewise!!
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by chuksbogus: 6:45am On Aug 17, 2014
this is a smart move by the president.cos he has changed the game .the doctors are no longer talking about their "12 must be done demands" rather they are now begging for their jobs back. And when they will be reinstated it will be on the terms of the federal government. THEY DIDNT KNOW WHEN TO WALK AWAY as in who wants to be a millionaire so the little they have gotten are gone.

1 Like

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by highmood(m): 6:45am On Aug 17, 2014
Greedy wicked buffaloes. They left the public hospitals for their private ones and people are dying, causing the death of patients nationally to have risen so much that you tend to wonder if these guys really have human feelings at all. Even if they claimed the government are not sensitize to our plight, must they, with their wealth of selfish knowledge join them to murder us in the name of better working conditions or positions?
if the Military men and other security officers especially the police decides to go on strike even for a day, will most of these doctors be alive? They shouldn't feel they are more important than others, they are simply bunch of experience idiots.
They should vacate and sit at home for long, there are many young graduate doctors who are willing and are ready to take thier positions and save our peoples ( children and old ones especially) live while working with the government to gradually addressing thier requests. GEJ beyond when the doctors returns.

3 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 17, 2014
Burger01:
Very stupidly the doctors acted. They are just plain greedy and high on selfishness weed. sad
doctors are trained fool

1 Like

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Smooyis(m): 6:53am On Aug 17, 2014
coldsummer: Great.

Medical profession should be more of saving lives and not more of making money
Ok na, because den no get family abi?

2 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by ogawisdom(m): 6:59am On Aug 17, 2014
phantom:

not just any doctor o!! he sacked the very people on which our health system is based. looks like you guys dont understand who resident doctors are.

he sacked highly skilled doctors!! that is you CANT REPLACE THEM WITH OTHER DOCTORS. THAT IS THE ISSUE.

No doctor Is irreplaceable, if they won't work then they shld be shown d exit door. Employees can't b d boss of their employer. GEJ has taken a courageous decision to curb d persistant strikes by these wicked n heartless drs.

Doctors on average r d highest paid ppl in this country n those I.diots won't do their job n wud go on strike just to massage their ego or wat do u call a doc goin on strike to prevent a pharmacist/nurse frm being a consultant. we ve a health emergency in ebola n our foolish n greedy drs r on strike this is unthinkable. Nigerian Docs r killers n comparable if nt worse than boko haram.
Apart frm health, govt has other sectors to face lik security of lives n properties which is anoda emergency of our time.

5 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by ALISMILE(m): 7:04am On Aug 17, 2014
For me I agree wit d FG on this one. These Drs ve no value for human lives they re suppose to b protectin. They re naturally well paid already. Wat else do they want? Must evrybdy milk this country dry. For me the most dangerous job in this country is being a Policeman. They re killed on a daily basis and there is no person to fight for them. They re d least paid in d world and they can't even go on strike. Thank God I don't fall sick wit my constant MORINGA and my early mornin water therapy.

4 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by generatorrepair(m): 7:05am On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Ahmeduana(m): 7:05am On Aug 17, 2014
CircleOfWilis: a fight that will never finish

some fools that hate drs will start commenting below me nw..just watch

clueless presido
WITH YOUR SENSELESS NON-INDICATING COMMENT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FOOL OF D UNIVERSE!

1 Like

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by searay(m): 7:06am On Aug 17, 2014
ObiOkpor: Aish!
Wish am a doctor,i would have applied to be taken....

Useless bunch of doctors on strike,when the nation needed them most.....They should all GO TO HELL!
THE HOTTEST PART OF HELL
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Zeus777: 7:15am On Aug 17, 2014
lrguru: even if they pay doctors 1-million naira monthly, in 5-months time, they will ask for 1.5million naira or go on strike. Dr's say that dr-patient ratio is 1:6400, and nigeria has 150million people. Does it mean that all nigerians are sick people or go to the hospital everyday. May I remind the doctors that not everybody patronize govt hospitals and not all even go to hospital. Some people have never even visited hospital for the past 10 yrs or more, and some prefer the traditional method. So if we wnt to calculate dr-patient ratio, we can say the ratio is 1:100 on monthly bases.
hmmm see a typical black man"s way of reasoning!

1 Like

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by thandii1: 7:16am On Aug 17, 2014
thepathologist:

u will swallow ur vomit. accident or serious illness is awaiting u or ur family members. then u would beg educated fools to rescue you.

And your own family members are immune from accident or serious illness? Or even you and your colleagues? Or you can treat yourself at a terrible accident scene where you are bleeding or even unconscious?

I don't even know what the fuss is all about. You and your colleagues have been on strike for close to two months and the hospitals have not been shut down, so please what difference does it make now that you have been sacked? FG only made it offical, you have been useless in the last 2months. I thought you all were enjoying the strike and adamant on not returning? You have been begged to resume, but you refused, preferred to see the patients die and suffer, now your employee decides to sack you and you are all crying over the internet threatening nigerians.

There is so much rot in the health system and instead of you all to come together with joeshu or whatever they call themselves to ask for what is right, good working conditions, better facilities, you are busy fighting yourselves over 'who heads the hospital that is already in shambles', poknosing your long nose into who becomes a consultant in his field, requesting for increase in hazard allowance for yourselves only, constantly talking down on other professionals that help your job well done. How does it feel that the almighty indispensable doctors have been dispensed?

Also, a great percentage of resident doctors are not retained after their training. After their 6years they leave the hospital in search for jobs or retired to their private clinics, as their contract will be terminated and only a few of them are reabsorbed back as consultants.

I hate this administration with so much passion but doctors should please stop with this sense of over importance.

Ps-when ASUU goes on strike, nigerians curse them like there is not tomorrow, so get over yourselves with 'nigerians hate doctors". Nigerians generally do not like when unions fight more for their pockets than the interest of the nation.

6 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by dalhat14(m): 7:21am On Aug 17, 2014

Useless bunch of doctors on strike,when the nation needed them most.....They should all GO TO HELL!
when the nation needed them the most, they swiftly responded to calls to treat bomb blast victims following attacks in kaduna and kano, the lagos NMA are coordinating their members to attend to the Ebola outbreak and the same would happen in any other state as long as government provides personal protective equipment (PPE) . This vilification of doctors wouldn't take us anywhere and changes nothing, government propaganda would change nothing

3 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by ObiOkpor(m): 7:26am On Aug 17, 2014
lakamua:
dont wish. ur comment shows u are not intelligent enof to pass their exams. i think docs shud ignore mr president and watch . lets see who wants to replace them. for his info docs make more money frm their private clinics. so i wonder wer he is hoping to employ hungry doctors frm
Do i blame you? No!
And who made mention of intelligency here?You are just way too being STUPID you little ass-kisser!
A graduate that can't begin a new sentence with capital letters and writes in short-hand?I think you are the un-intelligent mofo here you babaric,pathetic impecile!
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by ObiOkpor(m): 7:41am On Aug 17, 2014
ocman: [size=18pt]MAY GOD BLESS YOU! GEJ TILL 2019[/size]
AMEN...
SAME WITH YOU..
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 17, 2014
dalhat14:
when the nation needed them the most, they swiftly responded to calls to treat bomb blast victims following attacks in kaduna and kano, the lagos NMA are coordinating their members to attend to the Ebola outbreak and the same would happen in any other state as long as government provides personal protective equipment (PPE) . This vilification of doctors wouldn't take us anywhere and changes nothing, government propaganda would change nothing

medical doctors are not needed in nigeria. sack all doctors. close medical schools.close all hospitals. let ebola kill stupid nigerians that think salt water cure ebola. slowpoke citizens + silly leaders= ebola

4 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by mikolo80: 7:47am On Aug 17, 2014

when do you want them to go on strike.when they're not needed abi.
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 17, 2014
thandii1:

And your own family members are immune from accident or serious illness? Or even you and your colleagues? Or you can treat yourself at a terrible accident scene where you are bleeding or even unconscious?

I don't even know what the fuss is all about. You and your colleagues have been on strike for close to two months and the hospitals have not been shut down, so please what difference does it make now that you have been sacked? FG only made it offical, you have been useless in the last 2months. I thought you all were enjoying the strike and adamant on not returning? You have been begged to resume, but you refused, preferred to see the patients die and suffer, now your employee decides to sack you and you are all crying over the internet threatening nigerians.

There is so much rot in the health system and instead of you all to come together with joeshu or whatever they call themselves to ask for what is right, good working conditions, better facilities, you are busy fighting yourselves over 'who heads the hospital that is already in shambles', poknosing your long nose into who becomes a consultant in his field, requesting for increase in hazard allowance for yourselves only, constantly talking down on other professionals that help your job well done. How does it feel that the almighty indispensable doctors have been dispensed?

Also, a great percentage of resident doctors are not retained after their training. After their 6years they leave the hospital in search for jobs or retired to their private clinics, as their contract will be terminated and only a few of them are reabsorbed back as consultants.

I hate this administration with so much passion but doctors should please stop with this sense of over importance.

Ps-when ASUU goes on strike, nigerians curse them like there is not tomorrow, so get over yourselves with 'nigerians hate doctors". Nigerians generally do not like when unions fight more for their pockets than the interest of the nation.
yes let useless doctors go to hell. govt should close all hospitals and medical schools. sack all doctors including consultants. johesu members and fec members are more important than doctors can control ebola.

3 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by mikolo80: 7:50am On Aug 17, 2014

when do you want them to go on strike.when they're not needed abi.if you don't(afraid) want to fight for your rights and privileges don't hate OTHERS cos they man enough to do so

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Carpenter electrocuted while working in Delta State (Disturbing Photos) / 452 New COVID-19 Cases, 229 Discharged And 8 Deaths On June 23 - (2538 Tested) / Woman In Wheelchair Begs Dangote To Give Her The Dollar He Promised Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.