Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors (36537 Views)

Why Sacked Doctors May Not Be Recalled - Fashola / Lagos Issues Quit Notice To Sacked Doctors. / Lagos Government Willing To Negotiate With Sacked Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by phantom(m): 11:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
edaolaropin:
...and what if the consultants join the strike?

good question. they forget consultants,MOs and HOs are NMA members. can consultants work without their residents

look,your governmemnt is even confused.i am not even sure they know who are on strike. NMA is on strike and it encompasses resident doctors,consultants,house officers......every doctor in short.

look at another circular released today. it shows their confusion. if they had the consultants on their side before,i am not sure they still have it with the tone of the circular below

7 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
GEJ is one stubborn man, the fuel subsidy matter comes to mind. The nationwide riot was similar to the uprising in north Africa, yet he didn't give a DAMN.
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Dee60: 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
Only in Nigeria will you pay militants more than you pay consultants! And many cant see through. What does the FG use 52% allocation for? They find it easy to publish what they allocate to states and LGs but cannot tell us how the 52% is spent. Is all that money spent on oil subsidies?

8 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by erico2k2(m): 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
uncleu: Resident doctors in Nigeria tend to forget that they are in for short training program. They are not indispensable. The consultants can run any hospital with house officers and medical officers. There are thousands of young doctors with primaries waiting and looking for places to do residency. Lift this suspension after six months, throw application process open to everybody and see if resident doctors will go on strike again.
Exactly my thought

1 Like

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
choi!!!!

Gej ooo...are u serious
omor this has gone far oo...i don't understand where this fight is heading but its totally not a baby matter oo

can Nigeria do with less doctors..are the doctors willing to save lives without including sentiments??
questions begging for answers...

Fg just trying to play tough..this looks like a chess game...
doctors expected fg to call for negotiations nd meet their demands but fg didn't play d expected pawn instead they sacked them...

mhen!
now fg kinda smiling while the doctors trying to find a plan B...

hero turned victim...

just hope this ish dies down sooner
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
Next2Bezee: Why all this rubbish when all hands are supposed to be on deck helping to curb the spread of Ebola in Nigeria..ehn angry
Consult the state government hospitals and private hospitals.
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by erico2k2(m): 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dee60:
Only in Nigeria will you pay militants more than you pay consultants! And many cant see through. What does the FG use 52% allocation for? They find it easy to publish what they allocate to states and LGs but cannot tell us how the 52% is spent. Is all that money spent on oil subsidies?
SO its 2014, U still dont understand why the greedy politicians decide to pay Militants??are U a learner? where do you think all these massive amount politicians share every weekend comes from? def frm Oil and when the boys in the creeks found a way of stopping it there where no monies to share, just imagine no millions for 3 months, so paying the boys in the creek was a win win for all, easy as ABC.So my dear, dont let the issue of militants bother you its their Birth Right.

3 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Sunshinelady(f): 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
phantom: story!!! jonathan has played his trump card. unintelligent man! akin to a carpenter who has only a hammer in his tool box and as such sees a nail in every problem. when he sobers up,he knows where to find the doctors........

....and by the way,i hope he has also gotten locum consultants from cuba to resume on monday??

bunchajokers!
. Leave jonathan out of dis, its not about him, anoda president wuld av done d same (if not worse) to u drs, am sure wat fashola did is still fresh in una memories, so u see fashola & gej don't even like each oda much yet dey agree on one thin; dat drs are biting more dan dey can chew, & need to be disciplined

7 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
cbrass: What's this president thinking before sacking all the nations doctors, then who will take their place

Even you that's a Dr in Zoology must have forgoten so many things considering the fact that you have been out of service for a long time how much more hiring young doctors with no experience(just thinking u may employ new ones cos I don't see the sense in sacking the doctors when their is no sure replacement for them)
May be GEJ wanted to be a medical doctor but due to cut off was forced to study zoology. Well GEJ can still collect JAMB form sha grin

8 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by phantom(m): 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
emperor clueless confucius.... grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dreambeat: By the time Nigerians would realize the enormity of the damage caused by this FG's ill advised decision, it may just be too late.
Abi ooo
Most of high ranking FG officials and their family members fly to Germany, Israel, US, India to seek medical consultation on even minor ailment with tax payer money.
They took unrealistic, stupid decision on behalf of a common man on the street who couldn't even afford hospital bills for his wife pregnancy delivery .
Let's see who will smile at last....

7 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by ideepaul: 11:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
erico2k2:
SO its 2014, U still dont understand why the greedy politicians decide to pay Militants??are U a learner? where do you think all these massive amount politicians share every weekend comes from? def frm Oil and when the boys in the creeks found a way of stopping it there where no monies to share, just imagine no millions for 3 months, so paying the boys in the creek was a win win for all, easy as ABC.So my dear, dont let the issue of militants bother you its their Birth Right.
that you have the freedom of speech does not mean your brain has the capacity to process speech...think well and give prove when you talk

2 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by eyeview: 11:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
uncleu: Resident doctors in Nigeria tend to forget that they are in for short training program. They are not indispensable. The consultants can run any hospital with house officers and medical officers. There are thousands of young doctors with primaries waiting and looking for places to do residency. Lift this suspension after six months, throw application process open to everybody and see if resident doctors will go on strike again.

Aren't you myopic? Have you forgotten that it isn't the Resident Doctors that started the strike but the parent body,NMA which include the consultants,House officers and the Medical Officers you mentioned. Learn to think broad before you speak,if not you'll sound more stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by ocelot2006(m): 11:46pm On Aug 16, 2014

4000 consultants run ALL the teaching hospitals across the nation used by 120mil + Nigerians?

Okay oh

5 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Sunshinelady(f): 11:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
ayusco85: this is the type of news that make me wish i wasnt a Nigerian. how can they be toying with peoples lives? how can u sack 16,000 resident doctors? will the F.G do their job in the hospitals? pls 2015 shld come and go, everything in nigeria nw is done because of 2015 election.

#Every Issue Is Politicised
. Are u ignorant or plain dum.b? Were d so called 16,000 drs workin b4 dey were sacked? Dey beg dem to work dey no gree work because of som stupid, useless, selfish demands. Pple are dyin & dey only tink of demselves. If I had my way dey won't only be sacked but thoroughly flogged
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
dhtml18:
Yes o, so now no doctors again, we turn to herbal concotions. Guess you are now happy abi.
brother, I am not happy, but hey life must go on! The doctors abandoned their place of work courtesy of frivolous reason and went on strike, what do u want us to do? FG has begged them to go to work, they refuse, if this sack was not initiated they will remain on strike prolly till december. Bros jobless people are prayin for that position and since the people employed to handle the sick people/ patients swore never to anymore, the govt will have no other option than to replace them with people who are willin to work, and chairman, the wonderful news is that they will still be replaced by Nigerians. That in simple term is called displacement

5 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by MOBBDEEP: 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
phantom:

your IQ is quite low. no offence

But you get ample time to answer these haters oohhhh!!!
Don't you have other things to divert & invest your energy in?
What would be the outcome of your jostling words with them?
You sight sense in flogging a dead horse?
Or you think you can change their reasoning?
It pains me to the marrow each time I see your reply posts/comments.
By the way, can't you realise they are already making you reason like them?
Please, just relax & be watching as the panoramic events unfold.

10 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Sunshinelady(f): 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
yinkard4me: They shd be sacked. Wen dem no sack dem, wetin dem dey do?Abeegi... This Is d time d country needs dem most. Wah happened to d Oath they took for a critical time like dis? What if our millitary embarked on strike during dis Boko haram security issue? Would dia be any doctor alive to go on a stupid strike? Shioooor
1000likes

4 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by abbakacici: 11:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
as at December 2013 Official statistics show that there is one doctor to every 6,400 patients in Nigeria. This falls far short of the World Health Organisation (WHO) standard of one doctor to every 600 patients and is a grave threat to the physical and mental wellbeing of the country’s populace.

Since the inception of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN), there have been 65, 000 registered medical doctors but presently, only 25, 000 medical doctors are practicing in the country.

To meet the WHO benchmark, Nigeria needs to have 283,333 doctors, measuring by a 170 million population base. This means that the country needs 283,308 additional doctors at present.

One of the causes of the shortage of medical doctors in the country is the massive exodus of medical professionals in search of greener pastures abroad. so now our beloved president has sack almost 65% of the current doctor we have. Nigeria need more doctors not less

while most of the 16000 resident doctors ( most with 3-5 years training) he sack will go to in canada, Australia, most arab countries and even Gabon, Angola etc Nigeria in return will get fresh graduate with zero training furthermore i dont think Nigeria has 16000 fresh graduate doctors. and second type of doctors Nigeria will get are Indian rejected

12 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by cbrass(m): 11:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
saxywale:
May be GEJ wanted to be a medical doctor but due to cut off was forced to study zoology. Well GEJ can still collect JAMB form sha grin

Ahahahahahahahahah gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by edaolaropin: 11:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
It is obvious that health has never been a priority for us as nigerians.
I am so sure GEJ's approach would be different if he were to patronise one of these hospitals under compulsion.
Did anyone notice the speed @ which they had an automated sanitizer dispenser installed for themselves?
Yet the isolation centre still looks like a glorified poultry farm.
They take good care of themselves, take what belongs to us and leave us to fight ourselves.
Greedy as we may see the Doctors, I don't think any of them earn up to 1 million naira a month. Would that be too much for someone who is skilled enough to save lives?
Only about 30-40 % of our health needs are being met by the existing health facilities and personel.
We're satisfied with the remaining being in the hand of Quacks.
Untill every Nigerian is bold enough to fight for what he or she deserves, our cruel leaders will continue in their wicked ways.

21 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Sunshinelady(f): 11:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
eyeview:

Aren't you myopic? Have you forgotten that it isn't the Resident Doctors that started the strike but the parent body,NMA which include the consultants,House officers and the Medical Officers you mentioned. Learn to think broad before you speak,if not you'll sound more stupid.
. Den y did ur NMA president resign?
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Sunshinelady(f): 11:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
lrguru: brother, I am not happy, but hey life must go on! The doctors abandoned their place of work courtesy of frivolous reason and went on strike, what do u want us to do? FG has begged them to go to work, they refuse, if this sack was not initiated they will remain on strike prolly till december. Bros jobless people are prayin for that position and since the people employed to handle the sick people/ patients swore never to anymore, the govt will have no other option than to replace them with people who are willin to work, and chairman, the wonderful news is that they will still be replaced by Nigerians. That in simple term is called displacement
tank u, one gboza 4u

3 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by 9japatroit(m): 11:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sunshinelady: . Are u ignorant or plain dum.b? Were d so called 16,000 drs workin b4 dey were sacked? Dey beg dem to work dey no gree work because of som stupid, useless, selfish demands. Pple are dyin & dey only tink of demselves. If I had my way dey won't only be sacked but thoroughly flogged
my friend take a chill pill and stop pouring your venom everywhere.
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by phantom(m): 11:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
visit this link and read the comments especially from the white posters. i will highlight a few.

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/201408152112-0024070

Stewed fruitbat smothered in dictators. Go Africa!

-chris collier

Manipulation through guilt is quite old. These guys are expected to embrace slavery where they work without compensation because if they dont, people will die. What is more evil - slavery, coersion and manipulation through guilt or those forcing people to accept those choices?
-Maryellen Haueisen

[b]"and the 10 cases are the doctors and nurses that attended to patrick sawer when he flew to Nigeria from liberia." <--- if that is the reality of the situation that shows more support for the medical professionals on strike and for their cause. If ten nurses and doctors actually became infected treating one patient [or even two or three], then that says a lot about the conditions they are forced to work in- that the conditions are terrible and they are likely frequently exposed to dangerous pathogens. This, in turn means that patients are also frequently exposed to contamination from other diseases which can be spread from other patients and the very staff and professionals who are trying to help them. Even if it wasn't ten medical staff, but still ten individuals from one person [even two] in such a short amount of time, that is highly alarming as well. The fact that the doctors' actions are seen as selfish- that they want to have safe conditions- is also disturbing. Supporting these medical professionals is not about them being selfish. It is about ensuring the best possible environment and therefore the best possible outcome for EVERYONE. And _particularly_ now? Not just everyone in a specific country or region to be perfectly frank.[/b]
-joelle marie

look at the reasoning of people in developed countries,where things work. i am particularly thrilled at the last two comments.
very cerebral analysis of issues.
the third poster doesnt even know why doctors are on strike but look carefully at her systematic analysis.
doctors in countries with the above citizens dont have to go on strike. the citizens protest on their behalf. that there is reason many people will murder their parents and siblings to get a visa to the US.
they dont just have good carefully chosen leaders BUT also a public that is WELL-INFORMED.

nigeria is burdened with people who reason in the EXACT OPPOSITE. people who depend on agbo and salt water to fight ebola.they reason like monkeys and then get annoyed when the white man calls them monkeys.

21 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by eyeview: 11:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sunshinelady: . Den y did ur NMA president resign?
The NMA president resigned because his Fellow NMA exco believed he had been compromised by the Federal government. Note his fellow NMA exco. Most of these exco are made up of consultants,professors and Reputable practicioners who have their own private clinics and other means of income. Jonathan did not go after them but instead went after their subordinates who are just sub-ordinates to the policy makers.
So now,the people who initiated the strike get to keep their jobs while the Residents who don't have much say in NMA get to lose their job. Are you seeing the irony?

4 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by phantom(m): 11:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
MOBBDEEP:

But you get ample time to answer these haters oohhhh!!!
Don't you have other things to divert & invest your energy in?
What would be the outcome of your jostling words with them?
You sight sense in flogging a dead horse?
Or you think you can change their reasoning?
It pains me to the marrow each time I see your reply posts/comments.
By the way, can't you realise they are already making you reason like them?
Please, just relax & be watching as the panoramic events unfold.

i agree with you boss. but i get small time.. wink wink wink wink grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:12am On Aug 17, 2014
First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister

https://www.nairaland.com/1860928/first-nigerian-ebola-survivor-not#25538485
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by ayusco85(m): 12:13am On Aug 17, 2014
Sunshinelady: . Are u ignorant or plain dum.b? Were d so called 16,000 drs workin b4 dey were sacked? Dey beg dem to work dey no gree work because of som stupid, useless, selfish demands. Pple are dyin & dey only tink of demselves. If I had my way dey won't only be sacked but thoroughly flogged

u dont ve to be insultive to argue my comment. be civil pls, am entitled to my opinion, kapish?

5 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by sugaarbear(m): 12:14am On Aug 17, 2014
shilexholly: Am not sure dis doctors no wat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are doin....let dem get bck 2 work 1st.......crazy D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ dere deir head...until we start burnin down dere private hospitals abi.....me support uncle jona on dis
bros you just buy bb?

3 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 17, 2014
It amaze me the level at which people hate on doctors, I can't even get a clue to it.
Firstly, these doctors are our brothers, sisters, uncles, friends, aunties, sons and daugthers.
They have responsibilities just like any other Nigerian, is asking for increment in their hazard allowance of 6k too much ?
Secondly, we all clamour for first class health care system in Nigeria but our healthcare facilities and personnel training are close to nothing.
Doctors went on strike because they want government to improve the level of both the facilities and personnel trainings/residency trainings.
All these struggles are not meant for the doctors alone but everyone of us .
Instead of hating, we need to hold our government at the jugular for them to do the needful.
FG officials have access to tax payer money to have quality health care services abroad but how many of us can even sustain the cost of twice weekly haemodialysis for 6 months ?
Enough said jare...

11 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by lakamua: 12:16am On Aug 17, 2014
ObiOkpor: Aish!
Wish am a doctor,i would have applied to be taken....

Useless bunch of doctors on strike,when the nation needed them most.....They should all GO TO HELL!
dont wish. ur comment shows u are not intelligent enof to pass their exams. i think docs shud ignore mr president and watch . lets see who wants to replace them. for his info docs make more money frm their private clinics. so i wonder wer he is hoping to employ hungry doctors frm

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Woman In Wheelchair Begs Dangote To Give Her The Dollar He Promised Super Eagles / Does Over Stress Or Not Having Sex For Too Long Cause Erectile Dysfunction? / Merck Corona Tablet That Costs ₦400k (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.