Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn (10540 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / Tribunals: Rivers APC Allege Wike Is Set To Bribe Judges With N10bn / TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 17, 2014
17 Aug 2014

The Chairman, Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P), Gen. Martin-Luther Agwai (rtd), yesterday said the programme would support the completion of Abuja light rail project with N10 billion.

Agwai made this known while briefing newsmen after an inspection tour of the project in Abuja, according to a News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) report. He expressed satisfaction with the engineering design of the project and commended the Transport Secretariat of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) for the effort.

He explained that SURE-P’s support of the project was to ensure its speedy completion, saying that the rail line would reduce the burden on road transport system and enhance economic and social activities in the country.

Earlier, the Director, Special Programme Implementation Unit of SURE-P in the FCT, Mr. Kashim Ali, said the contract for the light rail project was awarded in 2009 to CCECC Nigeria Limited at the cost of N106 billion.

Ali said work on the project was delayed due to paucity of funds for about three years, adding however, that it had attained 52.7 per cent completion and would be completed at the end of 2015.

He said the project was being jointly funded by the Federal Government and EXIM Bank of China, with the Chinese bank providing a concessional loan of $500 million.

He added that the rail line was 45.24 kilometres from the Central Area to Airport Road in Abuja, while the entire network of the project comprising six lots, covered a length of about 300 kilometres.

He said, when completed, the light rail, which would be a mass transit system, would have 12 stations and well furnished modern coaches with air conditioners.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/sure-p-to-support-abuja-light-rail-project-with-n10bn/186546/

11 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Omexonomy: 5:35am On Aug 17, 2014
It is for the betterment of nigeria but how long will it take to be completed?

5 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by alabiyemmy(m): 5:57am On Aug 17, 2014
Omexonomy: It is for the betterment of nigeria but how long?

How long as in ?
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Rikidony(m): 7:53am On Aug 17, 2014
i taught GEJ WENT TO CHINA TO BORROW $500M FOR THIS PROJECT AND WE WERE TOLD THE PROJECT WILL BE COMPLETED BY DECEMBER. SO WHATS THE ESSENCE OF THIS MONEY

18 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 17, 2014
^ Even if that was the case, there is no harm in waiting for one more year. After all, for 50 years (1960 to 2010), we waited in vain for the past leaders of this country to deliver such mega projects.

22 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Oklander: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2014
Promises!!! Last year, there was a PROMISE by this same government that at the end of 2013 we would be enjoying full and good power supply, it didn't happen! heck! the promise has been made again this year, and here is another PROMISE of modern railway at the end of next year. Government of promises upon promises all yet unfulfilled and to be unfulfilled. ...Failed government.

12 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by born2boink(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2014
I just imagine say dem carry the money give me, rather than wasting it on wetin boko haram fit destroy or wey our government fit embezzled ham........

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by sammieguze(m): 8:17am On Aug 17, 2014
Another avenue for chopping the money by some oga at the top.

Diaris Goooodu o....

Hope it is completed in good time anyway
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by lekinz(m): 8:17am On Aug 17, 2014
Another means of chopping our money

Rubbish...

How this 1 take reduce Ebola outbeak..

5 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by henryugo(m): 8:18am On Aug 17, 2014
APC morgans wil not say anything,they will avoid the news as if na ebola virus..idiotically selling fish power hungers...anyway I feel good being at the front page of 9ja number one forum...happy sunny day grin

3 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by soloxxng: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2014
#team good news like this every Sunday

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by waloma(m): 8:19am On Aug 17, 2014
K
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Dangung1000: 8:20am On Aug 17, 2014
It will be completed at the end of 2015 can't you read

3 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Danjunior(m): 8:20am On Aug 17, 2014
Sure p, sure people, doing thingz. I hope that rail way project materialise and is beneficial to Nigerians, And that the common man can enjoy it at an affordable cost

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Oceemo(m): 8:21am On Aug 17, 2014
ok that's gud 2 know
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by kel4soft: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2014
Sincere9gerian: ^ Even if that was the case, there is no harm in waiting for one more year. After all, for 50 years (1960 to 2010), we waited in vain for the past leaders of this country to deliver such mega projects.

Hypocrite that is your another name. See When I have your time I will show you, your boss despite the loans he has been collecting left, right and centre more than any adminstration in this country has little to show for.

11 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by kel4soft: 8:23am On Aug 17, 2014
Rikidony: i taught GEJ WENT TO CHINA TO BORROW $500M FOR THIS PROJECT AND WE WERE TOLD THE PROJECT WILL BE COMPLETED BY DECEMBER. SO WHATS THE ESSENCE OF THIS MONEY

It has gone down to the pipe drains as usual since SLS is no longer around to check them.

6 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 17, 2014
Sincere9gerian: ^ Even if that was the case, there is no harm in waiting for one more year. After all, for 50 years (1960 to 2010), we waited in vain for the past leaders of this country to deliver such mega projects.

Typical backward mentality. One more year, one more year...

If this country should be split. - not based on tribe or religion, but on intelligence - only 5 - 10% of Nigerians would qualify for the 'Intelligent' side. The majority in this country are unintelligent sycophants - a liability to the intelligent ones.

Nairaland comments are proof of this.

25 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by ossaisly(m): 8:26am On Aug 17, 2014
lekinz: Another means of chopping our money

Rubbish...

How this 1 take reduce Ebola outbeak..
must Ebola always remain on our lips? may God grant you brain!

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by zopaks: 8:26am On Aug 17, 2014
ok

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Alishachris: 8:26am On Aug 17, 2014
typical case of stealing from peter to pay paul
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:27am On Aug 17, 2014

You are shameless bro. I wonder how all of you pdp, APC defenders sleep at night. God!!!

10 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by overhypedsteve(m): 8:27am On Aug 17, 2014
Gf
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by lillaowow(m): 8:27am On Aug 17, 2014
But why are they diverting SURE-P's funding to light ray project in abuja? SURE-P isn't for abuja alone,is it?. I feel like it isn't the way to go. Since there should have been a budget for the light ray project.
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by lekinz(m): 8:28am On Aug 17, 2014
ossaisly: must Ebola always remain on our lips? may God grant you brain!

Must u quote me ...

May God of Nairaland gives u Knowledge

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by skasski: 8:29am On Aug 17, 2014
Why light rail? Abuja needs normal metro.
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 17, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

You are shameless bro. I wonder how all of you pdp, APC defenders sleep at night. God!!!
I also wonder how those of you who sit on the fence and the DO NOTHING apostles sleep at night.

Meanwhile, yours sincerely will be here to celebrate the completion of the project in 2015.

4 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 17, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

Typical backward mentality. One more year, one more year...

If this country should be split. - not based on tribe or religion, but on intelligence - only 5 - 10% of Nigerians would qualify for the 'Intelligent' side. The majority in this country are unintelligent sycophants - a liability to the intelligent ones.

Nairaland comments are proof of this.
ENEMY OF PROGRESS, yes, waiting for 1 or 2 more years is better than the 50 years (1960- 2010) of nothing. The most important thing is that work is going on even at this moment.

7 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:38am On Aug 17, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
I also wonder how those of you who sit on the fence and the DO NOTHING apostles sleep at night.

Meanwhile, yours sincerely will be here to celebrate the completion of the project in 2015.

I will keep this post for reference

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Oklander: 8:38am On Aug 17, 2014
Really! One more year you say! we were promised one more year on power supply last year, we waited didn't we? where is the power supply!!! I should probably ask Google!
Sincere9gerian: ENEMY OF PROGRESS, yes, waiting for 1 or 2
more years is better than the 50 years
(1960- 2010) of nothing. The most important
thing is that work is going on even at this
moment.
This government gives no hope to wait for, there's no change at all. It will most probably be just as other projects where promised and many started and later abandoned within the last 50yrs you are referring to.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Celebrates Saraki At 56, Describes Him As Symbol Of Courage / APC Chairmanship Battle Heats Up / Sanwo-Olu: Imota Rice Mill To Start Production First Quarter Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.