Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,480 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn (10555 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / Tribunals: Rivers APC Allege Wike Is Set To Bribe Judges With N10bn / TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 17, 2014
I really don't have anything to say concerning this thread so, I decided to read every comment that has four LIKES and above. Even those installed light rails are no more working.
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by ZeusAyo: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2014
lekinz: Another means of chopping our money

Rubbish...

How this 1 take reduce Ebola outbeak..
dude seriously!! I wonder how you would be
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by poiZon: 10:33am On Aug 17, 2014
kel4soft:

Hypocrite that is your another name. See When I have your time I will show you, your boss despite the loans he has been collecting left, right and centre more than any adminstration in this country has little to show for.

mind u this isnt amaechi's MONORAIL,
NA abuja light rail n its sure gonna be finished in due time.

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by kel4soft: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2014
poiZon:

mind u this isnt amaechi's MONORAIL,
NA abuja light rail n its sure gonna be finished in due time.

Rivers monorail not Amaechi's monorail cos the rail is in Port Harcourt road not at Amaechi's seating room at Ubima (Amaechi's home town).

Are the Chinese govt also constructing monorail you Arrow!!!
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by westwinds: 11:13am On Aug 17, 2014
Such a sorry state of affairs indescribable with words... when will real changes occur in this Country?
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by MrBUN86(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2014
How can one join SURE-P?
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by poiZon: 11:38am On Aug 17, 2014
kel4soft:

Rivers monorail not Amaechi's monorail cos the rail is in Port Harcourt road not at Amaechi's seating room at Ubima (Amaechi's home town).

Are the Chinese govt also constructing monorail you Arrow!!!

tales BY MOONLIGHT.....
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 17, 2014
Good news....hope it means people will be able to commute from the satellite towns to Abuja city by rail.
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Itoroetti(m): 11:43am On Aug 17, 2014
Oklander: Promises!!! Last year, there was a PROMISE by this same government that at the end of 2013 we would be enjoying full and good power supply, it didn't happen! heck! the promise has been made again this year, and here is another PROMISE of modern railway at the end of next year. Government of promises upon promises all yet unfulfilled and to be unfulfilled. ...Failed government.

how many have u been enjoying from obj,abdulsalam,abacha and ur hero buhari.

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by MrBUN86(m): 11:46am On Aug 17, 2014
how tru is it?
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Itoroetti(m): 11:46am On Aug 17, 2014
Omexonomy: It is for the betterment of nigeria but how long will it take to be completed?

2015 is d date line.
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Mickey7(m): 11:52am On Aug 17, 2014
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
okay Gej till 2015....i need matured fnds 33435E6B
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by gbenga4sure(m): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
The sure-p money should be spent on Niger Delta area,whose farmland and water have been destroyed by crude oil.The are the real owners of oil,spend this money on projects in Niger delta area rather than spending it on Abuja. #TEAM NIGER DELTA#
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
gbenga4sure: The sure-p money should be spent on Niger Delta area,whose farmland and water have been destroyed by crude oil.The are the real owners of oil,spend this money on projects in Niger delta area rather than spending it on Abuja. #TEAM NIGER DELTA#
You are right about the losses that have been suffered by the Niger Delta. My family though not originally from the Delta has lost vast acres of land to oil spillage but then again I think the Niger Delta is being well taken care by the various intervention and funding agencies like NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, shouldn't that be enough for now? Instead of spending all on them, we should demand that all monies allocated be judiciously expended and accounted for. We the masses must devise a means to hold those agencies to account.
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by donnaira(m): 12:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
Rikidony: i taught GEJ WENT TO CHINA TO BORROW $500M FOR THIS PROJECT AND WE WERE TOLD THE PROJECT WILL BE COMPLETED BY DECEMBER. SO WHATS THE ESSENCE OF THIS MONEY
[color=#000099][/color]
Idu to kaduna project will be completed by December while abuja inter city light rail Will be completed by next year end
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by anonimi: 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
Naysayers, please note the following published just last month:

• China expresses satisfaction with loan application
25 Jul 2014

Ndubuisi Francis

It was thumbs up for the terminal expansion at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja and the light rail in Idu as well as the Abuja-Kaduna rail projects, as the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Oknojo-Iweala, yesterday undertook an on-the-spot assessment of the level of work at the various project sites.

This came even as China expressed satisfaction with the way the federal government has so far utilised the loan from the China NEXIM Bank for the execution of the projects.

The minister who embarked on the inspection tour along with some top officials of the federal government and Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), expressed satisfaction with the level of work done so far on the projects.

On the airport project, she said the federal government was looking forward to completing a terminal comparable in standard to those in other climes, and capable of eliciting pride in Nigerians.

``My impression on the progress is very good, the work is going on well and the terminal is 30 per cent completed. I am quite excited as you can see because what I saw up there is quite impressive. The quality seems solid and the design looks good.

``The federal government took a loan of $500 million from the NEXIM Bank of the Chinese government to construct modern terminals in the country. We have four terminals that are going to be financed from this money. They include Abuja, Lagos, Kano and Port-Harcourt,’’ she said.
Okonjo-Iweala, who also gave her impression on the rail projects, said what she saw surpassed her expectation, noting that the quality of work she saw would endure.

“They have explained to me how they will be working in phases for the project and God willing, by May next year, we will be riding on it. What we had borrowed was $500 million, but they had started work before then and we had already paid $162 million before the loan was approved,” she said.

She added: “This is not just about borrowing money, it is about a relationship between China and Nigeria, and for this segment, we have already borrowed what is needed to complete this section. I think they are likely to complete this work as projected since they have divided it into sections and I have been looking at the finances to see how much they have spent and where we are on the project.’’

In his remarks, the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr. Gu Xiaojie, expressed the commitment of the Chinese government to the partnership, assuring that China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) was also committed to completing the project.

``Best quality is assured for the project and CCECC is also undertaking the project and are undergoing training programme and employing local workforce for the project. It is a very good project and the Nigerian government is making very good use of the Chinese loan.

``I think from what I have seen, it is going on very well, they are constructing according to the standard and I think we will finish this on time,’’ the envoy said.

The Director, Rail and Mass Transit, Federal Ministry of Transport, Mr. Gafai Bature, said the national rail was at 84 per cent completion and would be ready for commissioning by the President in December.

``The Idu station is the first station and one can come here and take a train to Kaduna within a maximum of one hour. The train speed is about 150 kilometre per hour. We are hoping that by December, new locomotives will arrive to carry passengers within the FCT.

``The light rail is like a city train within the FCT and its environs but the national rail is a heavy gauge train that carries passengers and goods. The national rail is segmented into six. After this, we will embark on Lagos to Ibadan, Lagos to Ilorin, Ilorin to Minna, Minna to Abuja and Minna to Kano,” he said.

Bature added that the first stage of the project covered 186 kilometres from Idu to Kaduna, putting the total project cost at $849 million.
Also, the Secretary for Transportation, FCT, Mr. Jonathan Ivoke, said the project was on course.

`` We are on course, you can see the infrastructure, the materials are on ground and everything is on track, we are sure we are going to complete it. In terms of financing, we do not have any problem and the FCT budget and SURE-P funding is going on so we do not have any problem,’’ he said.

From: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/okonjo-iweala-lauds-abuja-rail-airport-terminal-projects/184500/

4 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by texazzpete(m): 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
SURE-P funds are supposed to be ring-fenced for more pressing needs of the people.

Why the hell is Agwai using SURE-P funds to accelerate an already funded project when there are TONS of projects nationwide that remain comatose due to lack of funding?

Why is Sincere9igerian defending this travesty?

3 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Rikidony(m): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
donnaira:
[color=#000099][/color]
Idu to kaduna project will be completed by December while abuja inter city light rail Will be completed by next year end
the main question is why put another #10B into this project wen we already got $500M loan from china
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
Rikidony:
the main question is why put another #10B into this project wen we already got $500M loan from china
It was already stated in the report. For instance, if you are to embark on a project or business worth N10 million, you can borrow N7 million from family or bank and match it with your own saving of N3 million to execute the project to completion. This is COMMON SENSE.

5 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by deeobserver209(m): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
GEJ is working while sadist and bad belle people are hating. cool
No one can deny the fact that the achievement of President Goodluck Jonathan in just six years far outshines previous administrations of the last 45 years.

4 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by room089: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hope this will be a reality?

If sure-p spends N10b for this Abuja project alone, hope some monetary reservations have been made for other states too?
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
• China expresses satisfaction with loan application
25 Jul 2014

Ndubuisi Francis

It was thumbs up for the terminal expansion at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja and the light rail in Idu as well as the Abuja-Kaduna rail projects, as the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Oknojo-Iweala, yesterday undertook an on-the-spot assessment of the level of work at the various project sites.

This came even as China expressed satisfaction with the way the federal government has so far utilised the loan from the China NEXIM Bank for the execution of the projects.

The minister who embarked on the inspection tour along with some top officials of the federal government and Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), expressed satisfaction with the level of work done so far on the projects.

On the airport project, she said the federal government was looking forward to completing a terminal comparable in standard to those in other climes, and capable of eliciting pride in Nigerians.

``My impression on the progress is very good, the work is going on well and the terminal is 30 per cent completed. I am quite excited as you can see because what I saw up there is quite impressive. The quality seems solid and the design looks good.

``The federal government took a loan of $500 million from the NEXIM Bank of the Chinese government to construct modern terminals in the country. We have four terminals that are going to be financed from this money. They include Abuja, Lagos, Kano and Port-Harcourt,’’ she said.
Okonjo-Iweala, who also gave her impression on the rail projects, said what she saw surpassed her expectation, noting that the quality of work she saw would endure.

“They have explained to me how they will be working in phases for the project and God willing, by May next year, we will be riding on it. What we had borrowed was $500 million, but they had started work before then and we had already paid $162 million before the loan was approved,” she said.

She added: “This is not just about borrowing money, it is about a relationship between China and Nigeria, and for this segment, we have already borrowed what is needed to complete this section. I think they are likely to complete this work as projected since they have divided it into sections and I have been looking at the finances to see how much they have spent and where we are on the project.’’

In his remarks, the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr. Gu Xiaojie, expressed the commitment of the Chinese government to the partnership, assuring that China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) was also committed to completing the project.

``Best quality is assured for the project and CCECC is also undertaking the project and are undergoing training programme and employing local workforce for the project. It is a very good project and the Nigerian government is making very good use of the Chinese loan.

``I think from what I have seen, it is going on very well, they are constructing according to the standard and I think we will finish this on time,’’ the envoy said.

The Director, Rail and Mass Transit, Federal Ministry of Transport, Mr. Gafai Bature, said the national rail was at 84 per cent completion and would be ready for commissioning by the President in December.

``The Idu station is the first station and one can come here and take a train to Kaduna within a maximum of one hour. The train speed is about 150 kilometre per hour. We are hoping that by December, new locomotives will arrive to carry passengers within the FCT.

``The light rail is like a city train within the FCT and its environs but the national rail is a heavy gauge train that carries passengers and goods. The national rail is segmented into six. After this, we will embark on Lagos to Ibadan, Lagos to Ilorin, Ilorin to Minna, Minna to Abuja and Minna to Kano,” he said.

Bature added that the first stage of the project covered 186 kilometres from Idu to Kaduna, putting the total project cost at $849 million.
Also, the Secretary for Transportation, FCT, Mr. Jonathan Ivoke, said the project was on course.

`` We are on course, you can see the infrastructure, the materials are on ground and everything is on track, we are sure we are going to complete it. In terms of financing, we do not have any problem and the FCT budget and SURE-P funding is going on so we do not have any problem,’’ he said.

those chinese 'loans' a a frightening form of slavery that our unborn generations are being sentenced to

who are the executors of these projects financed by chinese loans?

chinese companies CCECC - a government owned chinese company

it is a full cycle in whch the 'loan' goes right back to china, and we are stuck with debt and shoddy infrastructure

the only immediate benefit of the project is menial labour employment. all the usual benefits of construction projects [increased sale of materails etc] are largely absent as the chinese will import everything except sand and gravel

as to if the project will be eventually completed, we can only watch and see
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by kel4soft: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
poiZon:

tales BY MOONLIGHT.....

I watch good channels not NTA Aba.
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Ijaya123: 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
Sincere9gerian: ^ Even if that was the case, there is no harm in waiting for one more year. After all, for 50 years (1960 to 2010), we waited in vain for the past leaders of this country to deliver such mega projects.

It's obvious who your paymaster is. Don't you have another life than to defend incompetency in social media? Nobody argues with result. If the govt is performing, everyone will see.
I only hope you've not sold your future at the expense of instant gratification.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Obinoscopy(m): 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
davide470: Obinoscopy, please BAN this guy permanently.. All sectors! Thanks.
The spambot has taken care of him. Weldone.
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by poiZon: 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
kel4soft:

I watch good channels not NTA Aba.

PRImary school pupil's gossip.
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Symphony007: 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
How many people live in the city of abuja? Do they have a traffic epidemic? Do they need a light rail at this point? A city like lagos which is in dire need of a mass transit system is left to build one on their own without any help from the government. Should'nt this donation be going to help africa's most populous city build it's mass transit system? Why is the federal government is idiotic and dismissive when it comes to lagos state? Is it because it is an opposition state? Think of all the extra jobs and prosperity lagos would be witnessing if the federal govt works hand in hand with the state to uplift it, but at last prosperity and well being of nigeria and it's people takes a bad seat to politics.
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by jahbiz: 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
Another way of enriching themselves. I wonder how many unemployed Nigerians and graduates have benefited from this program except on paper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Crisis Worsens As A Member Secretly Sues High Court Judges,Makarfi Reacts / Tinubu's Claim Of Impeachment Attempt On Buhari, A Fabrication - Senator Misau / Ologbondiyan: Why I Didn’t Adopt Lai Mohammed’s Propaganda Way As PDP Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.