Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn (10549 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / Tribunals: Rivers APC Allege Wike Is Set To Bribe Judges With N10bn / TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by Yusluv77(m): 4:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
ossaisly: must Ebola always remain on our lips? may God grant you brain!

buhuhahahah! Laughing in uganda!
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by aquatica: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
Whats the need of investing 500 million dollars plus another 10bn of sure-p fund for a useless railway when we have so many bad roads in Nigeria especially in the NigerDelta region. You sleep on Calabar-Uyo federal highway for a day for just an hour journey.
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by atlwireles: 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
APContherun:
You are right about the losses that have been suffered by the Niger Delta. My family though not originally from the Delta has lost vast acres of land to oil spillage but then again I think the Niger Delta is being well taken care by the various intervention and funding agencies like NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, shouldn't that be enough for now? Instead of spending all on them, we should demand that all monies allocated be judiciously expended and accounted for. We the masses must devise a means to hold those agencies to account.

Can you ask the same of the monies your state spends. No amount of money spent in the Niger delta is too much. Not even the whole Nigerian budget.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by phibah: 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
...., The train I saw them [center][/center]r
"Riding" in yesterday appeared to be stationary...am I the only one that noticed that??.....on NTA news...I follow whatever those guys say with a bag of salt....insicerity is the order of the day.
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by texazzpete(m): 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
atlwireles:

Can you ask the same of the monies your state spends. No amount of money spent in the Niger delta is too much. Not even the whole Nigerian budget.

Nonsense.

We are a nation of 160m+ people, each with multiple needs. The money the Niger Delta gets right now is perfectly adequate, and would have resulted in a massive transformation of that area if not for the greed, selfishness and incompetence of the leaders of that region.

Sadly, this has not stopped President GEJ from continuing to fraternize with convicted criminal Alams. Then again, Bayelsa would have been a much better place if GEJ had even done anything for the state while he was Governor cheesy

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by atlwireles: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
texazzpete:

Nonsense.

We are a nation of 160m+ people, each with multiple needs. The money the Niger Delta gets right now is perfectly adequate, and would have resulted in a massive transformation of that area if not for the greed, selfishness and incompetence of the leaders of that region.

Sadly, this has not stopped President GEJ from continuing to fraternize with convicted criminal Alams. Then again, Bayelsa would have been a much better place if GEJ had even done anything for the state while he was Governor cheesy

You are a troll, not worth my time.

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by texazzpete(m): 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
Symphony007: How many people live in the city of abuja? Do they have a traffic epidemic? Do they need a light rail at this point? A city like lagos which is in dire need of a mass transit system is left to build one on their own without any help from the government. Should'nt this donation be going to help africa's most populous city build it's mass transit system? Why is the federal government is idiotic and dismissive when it comes to lagos state? Is it because it is an opposition state? Think of all the extra jobs and prosperity lagos would be witnessing if the federal govt works hand in hand with the state to uplift it, but at last prosperity and well being of nigeria and it's people takes a bad seat to politics.

I agree with you. On a scale of need, Lagos needs intervention FAR FAR more than Abuja does.

anonimi: Naysayers, please note the following published just last month:

Nobody is questioning whether they were able to get loans or not. Why is SURE-P money being used to fund this Abuja light-rail project? Was that in the original plan? I expected SURE-P to be a ring-fenced plan, put to use for nobler purposes.

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by texazzpete(m): 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
atlwireles:

You are a troll, not worth my time.

And you are a morally bankrupt, sycophantic lapdog, an Esau of our time and a traitor to your country.
I do not crave your time. Your kind sicken me. You spin wrong as right, you lack the spine to do the right thing, to speak up against what is wrong.

Away with you, sycophant! You blight the world with your existence.

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by atlwireles: 5:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
[s]
texazzpete:

And you are a morally bankrupt, sycophantic lapdog, an Esau of our time and a traitor to your country.
I do not crave your time. Your kind sicken me. You spin wrong as right, you lack the spine to do the right thing, to speak up against what is wrong.

Away with you, sycophant! You blight the world with your existence.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by alilid: 10:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
ossaisly: must Ebola always remain on our lips? may God grant you brain!

Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 8:44am On Aug 18, 2014
please do, development in progress...[quote author=Sincere9gerian][/quote]
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 8:44am On Aug 18, 2014
GEJ till Buhari becomes the PDP national chairman..[quote author=Sincere9gerian][/quote]
Re: SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn by roufy235(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
born2fuck: I just imagine say dem carry the money give me, rather than wasting it on wetin boko haram fit destroy or wey our government fit embezzled ham........
same here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo Governorship: PDP Disowns Jimoh Ibrahim / Be Ruthless In Fighting Bandits, Buhari Tells Military / Kiru/bebeji Federal Constituency Offers Special Prayers For Buhari And Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.