Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

How Do I Stop Worrying ??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Stop Worrying ??? (2321 Views)

Pic: Stop Worrying Yourself / How Do I Stop Self-Servicing Habit Of Crossing Legs And Clenching Thigh Muscle? / How Can I Stop Seeing My Ex In My Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
My Name is Obiora.
Though in a world where fame is the alter at which we worship, I do not know why you should care for who I am or that I even exist.
I am not a celebrity, I am not related to any celebrity, I have not been abused by, or donated my kidney for transplantation into any celebrity furthermore I have no desire to be a celebrity.
just as my name implies I am the heart of the people. I love people.. always willing to help in any way possible. my thoughts are always with the people.and the thoughts I have for my fellow man are Good thoughts. But The love I have for humanity is affecting my health....

I worry a lot. I worry about everyone and everything. I worry about myself, I worry about my family, relatives and friends . I even worry about strangers.... I worry about their problems and challenges as if it were my own. I even worry about them worrying about me. I try to help people as best as I can but if I Can't help them, I end up feeling bad and worrying abbout them. I have tried to stop this kind of attitude but can't. And this is affecting my health in more ways than one.
At times I feel like a 90 years old man. Though how I come to know how a 90 years old man feels I can't say.

Please nairaland doctors and counselors give me some advice before I die young.I love helping but I need to stop worrying about them a lot.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
just stop worryin, old dude.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
ajibolabd: just stop worryin, old dude.
How do I stop worrying ?
Still in my early 30s
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by hungryboy(m): 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
You can't stop man,
its your nature,
i'm like that sometimes
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Justeenaleo(f): 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
Does your worrying end/solve the problem? Does your worrying change the situation for better?
If it does,then continue worrying atleast you are getting good results,
If it doesn't then stop worrying,do the best you can for people and move on instead of sitting down to worry and endanger your health.
By the way are you worried that people might die of hunger? (Well some people would have to die that way wether you like it or not,so why worry)
Are you worried that some people are really suffering big time? (Well some have to suffer,help if you can but if you can't do not worry,its not your fault)
Obiorah,your worry does nothing,so stop it,you are too young to be old kiss
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
Bro, I was once like you. At a point it also affected me health wise. And in this Dog eat Dog world, no one really cares if you kicked the bucket. That is the true fact. You need a 270 degree U-Turn smiley

To alleviate your worries , you gotta face the reality of life. You are not gonna save the world, you can only do better.

Secondly. God is your love. Expect it from no man but put all your trust in God. That way you will be enriched in his Glory, it will reflect in other's and with the spirit of discernment , you shall know how to take the bull by the horn and put your feet where it fits. Heck, even priests are logical cheesy

Thirdly : Embrace your passions and career but still glow on the social scene when you can and if necessary. With time, you gonna be just fine.

I wrote couple of poems that suits your dilemma. If you wanna go through them, I will post them here later.

All the best and Good luck

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
okies,i didnt finish reading sha,buh wah i can deduce 4rm d little i read is dah,u r scared of wah d future holds,more lyk u dnt want anytin to go wrong*i knw dah feeling*buh baby,life is unpredictable,do d needful,live d present,u dnt hv to gobble ur future..and mayb u shuld start caring a lil more abt urself..goodluck,cheerz!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
Annypie: okies,i didnt finish reading sha,buh wah i can deduce 4rm d little i read is dah,u r scared of wah d future holds,more lyk u dnt want anytin to go wrong*i knw dah feeling*buh baby,life is unpredictable,do d needful,live d present,u dnt hv to gobble ur future..and mayb u shuld start caring a lil more abt urself..goodluck,cheerz!

Yes I even worry for the future. I fearthat I might not leave upto expectations. I worry that I might let both God and man down by not helping as much as I should.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
neutralwaya: Bro, I was once like you. At a point it also affected me health wise. And in this Dog eat Dog world, no one really cares if you kicked the bucket. That is the true fact. You need a 270 degree U-Turn smiley

To alleviate your worries , you gotta face the reality of life. You are not gonna save the world, you can only do better.

Secondly. God is your love. Expect it from no man but put all your trust in God. That way you will be enriched in his Glory, it will reflect in other's and with the spirit of discernment , you shall know how to take the bull by the horn and put your feet where it fits. Heck, even priests are logical cheesy

Thirdly : Embrace your passions and career but still glow on the social scene when you can and if necessary. With time, you gonna be just fine.

I wrote couple of poems that suits your dilemma. If you wanna go through them, I will post them here later.

How did you overcome yours. ?
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by achinaboy(m): 3:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
OBIORAA: [color=#000099][/color]

Yes I even worry for the future. I fearthat I might not leave upto expectations. I worry that I might let both God and man down by not helping as
much as I should.
i use to think or worry like you,but after some time, i found out that the people i was trying to impress or care for,were not even expecting much from me. so think of if u die today, what will happen to those people u are trying to impress? nothing at all, u will be forgotten before u knew it
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by moneyhungry(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
neutralwaya: Bro, I was once like you. At a point it also affected me health wise. And in this Dog eat Dog world, no one really cares if you kicked the bucket. That is the true fact. You need a 270 degree U-Turn smiley

perfect. well, except the God factor.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
moneyhungry:
perfect. well, except the God factor.

Thanks. I try cool. Hmmm : Do you kinda doubt God ?
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2014

How did you overcome yours. ?

Bro, it's an individual journey just as we say different strokes for different folks. But you got a lot of potential within you that you need to unlock.

When I get on my PC later, I will drop you comprehensive lines, from there you could deduce further on how to regulate your emotions and create a SOLID balance.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Go and marry.

You are lonely...
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
You are a chronic Melancholy, so i guess it comes with being that.

I think you need to divert your energy though, worrying hurts more then it solves.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
IfyAngela: You are a chronic Melancholy, so i guess it comes with being that.

I think you need to divert your energy though, worrying hurts more then it solves.

Ify abeg which one be chronic melancholy ?
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2014

Ify abeg which one be chronic melancholy ?
Melancholy is one of the types of temperament. They worry alot and easily get depressed and can be really hard on themselves. You kinda fit in. Like i stated, you need to relax and stop worrying channel your energy elsewhere.
You could take up a hobby a pet project.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by moneyhungry(m): 7:20am On Aug 20, 2014
neutralwaya:

Thanks. I try cool. Hmmm : Do you kinda doubt God ?
its complicated mehn.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by mrkay101(m): 9:30am On Aug 20, 2014
I think ur dealing with depression.. I think u worry to much cuz u always want people's approval.

My advice take time to not think too much abt wah pple say abt u or trying to seek approval and try doing things that would make u Happy.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Babe2sure(f): 9:52am On Aug 20, 2014
Your behaviour is a function of your temperament. You are a CHRONIC MELANCHOLY as Ify pointed out.

Their love for humanity runs deep. They are self -sacrificing individuals and they empathize easily with others, than any other temperament. Every melancholy has that trait. But, yours is chronic in the sense that you have probably 90% or more of the temperament, you don't have much secondary temperament to balance it.
There is little or nothing you can do about it. It is your nature. Just stop worrying and channel it into active activities.Know that you can't solve everybodys' problems,you can only do your part.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 20, 2014
moneyhungry:
its complicated mehn.

Well, it will get better smiley
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by cybug: 10:21am On Aug 20, 2014
You need JESUS in your life..
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by jennylove7575(f): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2014
You need me in your life to stop worrying. By the time u experience better grooving from me. We flex well well. I introduce u give my home girls, and u find love. U will stop worrying...stop worrying my dear friend. Just see life as a passing phase. don't take life too seriously. Always hang around positive, fun loving people..my pm ain't working. If u will like to be my friend and ain't fake let me know. I shall send u my email address.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
jennylove7575: You need me in your life to stop worrying. By the time u experience better grooving from me. We flex well well. I introduce u give my home girls, and u find love. U will stop worrying...stop worrying my dear friend. Just see life as a passing phase. don't take life too seriously. Always hang around positive, fun loving people..my pm ain't working. If u will like to be my friend and ain't fake let me know. I shall send u my email address.

You want to chop am Mugu abi cheesy
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
IfyAngela:
Melancholy is one of the types of temperament. They worry alot and easily get depressed and can be really hard on themselves. You kinda fit in. Like i stated, you need to relax and stop worrying channel your energy elsewhere.
You could take up a hobby a pet project.

Yes. You maybe right

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
Babe2sure: Your behaviour is a function of your temperament. You are a CHRONIC MELANCHOLY as Ify pointed out.

Their love for humanity runs deep. They are self -sacrificing individuals and they empathize easily with others, than any other temperament. Every melancholy has that trait. But, yours is chronic in the sense that you have probably 90% or more of the temperament, you don't have much secondary temperament to balance it.
There is little or nothing you can do about it. It is your nature. Just stop worrying and channel it into active activities.Know that you can't solve everybodys' problems,you can only do your part.

Thanks a lot.
But pls how do I unchronic they chronic in my melancholy ?
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
jennylove7575: You need me in your life to stop worrying. By the time u experience better grooving from me. We flex well well. I introduce u give my home girls, and u find love. U will stop worrying...stop worrying my dear friend. Just see life as a passing phase. don't take life too seriously. Always hang around positive, fun loving people..my pm ain't working. If u will like to be my friend and ain't fake let me know. I shall send u my email address.

Thanks dear. women are not my problem . But if you think you have what it takes to unchronic my melancholy. Then bring it on.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
mrkay101: I think ur dealing with depression.. I think u worry to much cuz u always want people's approval.

My advice take time to not think too much abt wah pple say abt u or trying to seek approval and try doing things that would make u Happy.

I don't really give a dame about people approval. I do things not because of people's approval, but because it is my fundamental right to help.. I am a born helper. I just need to stop worrying about everything.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by GoodFaith: 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
drugs are bad for you
but do some might help
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
you need Jesus,for Christ is d hope of glory,that you may have hope for what tomorrow holds in store for you
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Babe2sure(f): 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2014

Thanks a lot.
But pls how do I unchronic they chronic in my melancholy ?

Lol@ 'unchronic'. As I said earlier,you cannot change your temperament,because they are inborn traits.You can only influence your behaviour and personality (which is temporary) because you will still revert back to your real self.

Discipline yourself in terms of worrying too much about others.

Don't criticise yourself too hard. Do your best and leave the rest.

Don't be depressed, dwell on the positive sides of yourself.

Hang out with fun-loving people. It will help lighten your mood and reduce your worries.
Re: How Do I Stop Worrying ??? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
Babe2sure:

Lol@ 'unchronic', as I said earlier,you cannot change your temperament,because they are inborn traits.You can only influence your behaviour and personality (which is temporary) because you will still revert back to your real self.

Discipline yourself in terms of worrying too much about others.

Don't criticise yourself too hard. Do your best and leave the rest.

Don't be depressed, dwell on the positive sides of yourself.

Hang out with fun-loving people. It will help lighten your mood and reduce your worries.

Thanks
God Bless

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) / The Girl Being Called The Sexiest Haitan Woman / How Did You Get Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.