Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus (60935 Views)

Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family / Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus / Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by destinysaid(m): 7:16am On Aug 20, 2014
RIP ma, U did well.

Now, Nigerians are so impatient, The dead doc isn't the one that was discharged, if most peeps posting trash here had bothered to read what the op posted or watched d news or simply checked online, I'm sure they would HV figured it out, and as for those saying that minister of health didn't say another doc was involved, how many doc do u think is required to treat an infected person ? ,if person get AIDS, sha na only 1 doc dey treat am? We are the cause of our own problems here in 9ja.

I know say Nigeria go better sha.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:21am On Aug 20, 2014
echarlz:

So, so, so disheartening? What kinda country is this?
Not even the loss of a bright mind who first made the diagnosis of a disease heralding an epidemic could curb some people's hatred for her profession. Knowing the risks involved, she still led others to care for the Liberian. Heroes and heroines like her are not celebrated in 9ja...SMH
Adieu Dr Stella Adadevoh...may Ur brave soul RIP
hmmm. I think a lot of people believe Nigerian doctors dont deserve more than the 'eeyas', RIPs, & ' may god be with the family' things...they surely dont deserve the money despite the hard work. lol. Useless country with many useless people!

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by lebienconnu: 7:22am On Aug 20, 2014
Rest in peace doctor.
So Patrick Sawyer actually wanted to infect many more Nigerians if not for the gallant effort of Dr Ameyo and her tean. May he rot in the pit of hell.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by destinysaid(m): 7:23am On Aug 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: 50 likes from over 23,000 views. Come on.
Me self I tire o, them get phone to post anything buh to verify info online them no fit do.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by abatically(m): 7:25am On Aug 20, 2014
creepsyme: Nigeria is so impatient, why culdnt dey wait to be sure the Dr was actually free from ebola before discharging her? I became worried the way and manner this patients where been discharged, of course I do pray for them to be healed but at least they shuld have still kept and observed them for sometime more. Nigeria in a hurry to make headlined! RIP to u ma'am.

She wasn't discharged. Minister for health was blabbing to make it look like Nigeria got their own solution to Ebola, and so that people can mock America lol. I wonder why they would play that expensive joke at the expense of lives.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:26am On Aug 20, 2014
12inches1: I knew that chukwu man was a air head the moment he went on TV to say Nigeria has approved the use of nanosilver drug and later went to retract his statement. That same man that said Dr Adadevoh (RIP) has been discharged and came out again to say she had not. The same man that said that FG has disbursed 1.9 billion and numerous PPEs for the isolation center. That man is a big liar; typical of the Nigerian political class. I take every statement he makes with a pinch of salt. The same man that cannot explain to the Nigerian population the difference between isolation,quarantine,and contact tracing. I know all these and I'm not even a doctor. Dr Chukwu, the minister of health is a useless quack doctor and a pathetic liar. Perhaps we even have more than 12 confirmed and more that 177 contacts. Who knows?
The guy is a disgrace ...and to think he is nursing the ambition of becoming the governor of Ebonyi state? What am i still doing in this country being ruled people like this?
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 20, 2014
To die for Nigeria is to die for nothing. I'd rather die for a country like the U.S where I know my heroic feat will be greatly rewarded. But Nigeria? Am I crazy? That is why I can't join Nigerian military because I will certainly go AWOL when boko comes. I don't even care if one useless over fed general calls it cowardice wanting me to die while he accumulates property in ikoyi with money that could have been used to buy better fighting gear and weapons

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Rufex07(m): 7:30am On Aug 20, 2014
tuoyoojo: Doctors dying like flies.

Have u imagined what wud have happened if doctors were not on strike wen dis outbreak occurred?

Most likely the swayyer guy wud hav beint taken to luth....

The casualities den wud be beta imagined than experienced!

Meanwhile....
That's an important observation. it's better imagined than experienced. Maybe, the bigger picture we are not seeing that God used the striking doctors to avert the pandemic of Ebola. Imagine if he was taken to a bigger hospital!

5 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by presido2e(m): 7:40am On Aug 20, 2014
Fesisko: Don't even know what to say.I thought they said she was discharged hail n healthy? anyway, may your soul rest in perfect peace. May God almighty gives your family the fortitude to bear the painful loss.
She was nt d one cleared

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by TSingerr(m): 7:40am On Aug 20, 2014
nutigal: Please correct this headline. It is misleading. She was not discharged o...

English

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by presido2e(m): 7:42am On Aug 20, 2014
She was never discharged.....
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Ayostically: 8:01am On Aug 20, 2014
blueto: what a pity. She was discharged 2 days ago, when the nigerian health officials said she had recovered. But, she is now dead angry .

You see Nigeria?
Honestly l was surprised

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by X21: 8:01am On Aug 20, 2014
priscaoge: Doc may Ur soul RIP. May the souls of the departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. #Amen cry

pure catholic
you cant miss it if you know it
welldone

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by toyoC1(f): 8:03am On Aug 20, 2014
ebdib:

Now you know
The Nano Silver, down with america team will have their eyes popping over the next few days with the way they've been deceived.

What a bunch of gullible cretins

Why ? Was she given nano silver ?

Of course not !

She went into coma 4 days ago the same time the nano silver announcement was made, the outcome is death after that. Not even nano silver or z mapp can save you then.

Its a shame but coma is the last stage of the disease. Nothing can be done after that.

Rip doctor.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by mbulela: 8:06am On Aug 20, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
The guy is a disgrace ...and to think he is nursing the ambition of becoming the governor of Ebonyi state? What am i still doing in this country being ruled people like this?
The moment that clown accommodated that silver crap was when I knew he was a lost cause.these are phd holders right? The leadership quotient in this country is abysmal. This is the same govt where a minister for information told us that we had vaccines for Ebola in April. Chukwu just calls press conferences and spouts any crap that comes to his mind. He contradicts himself at every turn. The man keeps coding information as if he is the pro of a secret cult. I am sure he is more interested in arranging the 1.9 billion naira.Labara Maku does not know the difference between quarantine and surveillance.
Coupled with their clueless and inept boss,these clowns are worse than Ebola itself.

4 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 20, 2014
toyoC1:

Why ? Was she given nano silver ?

Of course not !

I didn't say she was.
I was only trying to point out the deceit in the way the Govt has been dealing with Nigerians.
It's nkt just about ebola.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by mbulela: 8:09am On Aug 20, 2014
Rufex07:
That's an important observation. it's better imagined than experienced. Maybe, the bigger picture we are not seeing that God used the striking doctors to avert the pandemic of Ebola. Imagine if he was taken to a bigger hospital!
He would have been taken to lasuth as it is closer to the airport.
The whole of ikeja would have been quarantined by now.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by ignis: 8:14am On Aug 20, 2014
hardbody:

I thought almighty doctors were on strike. Pity for the bereaved.
Ever heard of private hospitals?
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by toyoC1(f): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2014
ebdib:

I didn't say she was.
I was only trying to point out the deceit in the way the Govt has been dealing with Nigerians.
It's nkt just about ebola.

Mostly Good intentions but wrong methodology. That's FG for you.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Btruth: 8:18am On Aug 20, 2014
The minister of health is suppose to resign for giving the whole nation a wrong information. The man is not doing a proper job at all. He is a pr.ck.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by DANGOTEONE: 8:20am On Aug 20, 2014
RIP.

Just for the record.
*First Consultants
Hospital is a private and profit-focused organisation;
*All staff of First Consultants
Hospital are/were working for their salaries/wages;
*All those medical personnel who contracted the Ebola virus from the first index case-Patrick Sawyer are/were not working for any publicly owned hospital at the material time;
*Call for compensations for the family of those medical personnel who died in active service at First Consultants
Hospital should be directed at the management of First Consultants
Hospital and NOT THE GOVERNMENT;
*To be continued.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Abduletudaye(m): 8:20am On Aug 20, 2014
Its a pity.. After all the misleading headlines. This is how it ends?
Toh. Rip...May Allah grant you eternal rest.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 20, 2014
The minister never mentioned the name of the first person that was discharged, all he said was that it was a doctor...Nigerians later implied it was her...but it wasn't. It was a DOCTOR ADA that was discharged, not ADEDAVOH. The similarity in the names is what is vausing the confusion.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Sagamite(m): 8:28am On Aug 20, 2014
E no go better for this Patrick Sawyer. May he rot in hell that he is going to. Useless person!

I hope the Nigerian government did not return his body to his family.

They need to mutilate it and throw it in the sea.

What a moronic person!

Can you all see why I hate fcktards now?

They are dangerous.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Rufex07(m): 8:31am On Aug 20, 2014
mbulela:
He would have been taken to lasuth as it is closer to the airport.
The whole of ikeja would have been quarantined by now.
That's EVIL!!!
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by MadCow1: 8:34am On Aug 20, 2014
lovinam: That's the way the attend to patients. Each cunsultant works with a team of docs and one or two nurses. I guess they will change their pattern now. Great loss to the hospital.

I am sure she didnt think too much of his symptoms when he got admitted and didnt take extra-precautions in handling him.

This is really saddening and a wake up call to all our Medical practitioners. They need to realise that they are the first in the line of fire and that their field of of work if fraught with so much danger and hazards.

R.I.P Doctor Ameyo.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 20, 2014
Henrypraise:

Lemme use dis medium to also challenge all dos hungry men/ murderers parading demsefs as medical doctors, embarkin on strikes, to take example from dis Dr, life isn't always abt money n dats were Nigerians have scores it wrong, everybody is fightin for dia pocket/ money, no body is even fighting for glory talkless of fighting for humanity.

D fed govt shud tap into dis tragedy n encourage nigerians to be patriotic.

Tank u.
Do you think being a medical doctor is synonymous with committing suicide? If this doctor, of blessed memory, had known Mr Slayer had ebola, she prolly would not have touched him without an hamzat suit.

I know you will come here and say 'RIP' if there is a news report that says '1000' doctors died while saving 100 lives. Why would any doctor deliberately die and leave his/her family behind to suffer in Nigeria?
I challenge you to "take example" from this doctor and offer yourself as a volunteer caregiver at the isolation unit and shame those "hungry men/ murderers parading demsefs as medical doctors, embarkin on strikes". WHO/Doctors without borders will train you. Please be patriotic and stop insulting doctors, they are flesh, bone and blood like you.

9 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Sweetlemon(f): 8:48am On Aug 20, 2014
ignis: Rip doctor.... You died in active service to save life of humanity....
May God give your family the fortitude to bear the loss.

Sorry to burst your bubble ma. She didn't die in "active service" or as a heroine. She DIDN'T KNOW Sawyer had ebola when she attended to him. Besides, she was working in a private hospital that paid her well.

Such words should be reserved for soldiers and policemen or other professionals who served as volunteers. Nigerians should stop being so damn sentimental and learn to know when to separate emotions from facts.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by toyoC1(f): 8:48am On Aug 20, 2014
1EYO: HERE IS A THOUGHT, WHAT OF IF THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE AFFECTED WITH THE EBOLA VIRUS ARE DISCHARGED WITHOUT BEING PROPERLY CURED AND ARE ALLOWED TO GO AMONG PEOPLE TO INFECT MORE PEOPLE. I AM BASING THIS THEORY ON THE FACT THAT THE GOOD DOCTOR THAT JUST DIED, WAS GIVEN A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH BY THE GOVT AND NOW SHE IS DEAD. WHAT OF THE FOUR OTHER PATIENTS THAT WERE ALSO RELEASED, OR SA7D T8 HAVE BEEN CURED, WHAT RMTHEIR NAMES SO THAT WE CAN FOLLOW UP AND SEE IF THEY WILL STILL BE ALIVE .
PLEASE I STAND TO BE CORRECTED BUT I SMELL A CONSPIRACY HERE, IN OTHER TO SELL ZIMAPP grin

Funny !

There is no conspiracy, a recovered ebola patient still carries copies of the virus in saliva, blood, and other body fluids for up to 2 MONTHS after recovery.

They're not to have sex, or kiss or do intimate stuff until after 2 months. I'm sure they would have told them that. I hope they abide by it.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Suljosh: 9:00am On Aug 20, 2014
buJu234: I think the liberian government should pay her family for the damages that sawyer the mad man has caused these innocent nigerian family.
I hope the sawyer guy burns in a very hot hell fire, swepid mad man.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by emmaebi: 9:05am On Aug 20, 2014
A gem in our time, very brave woman who left us trying to ensure that our society stays healthy. RIP
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Sweetlemon(f): 9:14am On Aug 20, 2014
candy:
Do you think being a medical doctor is synonymous with committing suicide? If this doctor, of blessed memory, had known Mr Slayer had ebola, she prolly would not have touched him without an hamzat suit.
I know you will come here and say 'RIP' if there is a news report that says '1000' doctors died while saving 100 lives. Why would any doctor deliberately die and leave his/her family behind to suffer in Nigeria?
I challenge you to "take example" from this doctor and offer yourself as a volunteer caregiver at the isolation unit and shame those "hungry men/ murderers parading demsefs as medical doctors, embarkin on strikes". WHO/Doctors without borders will train you. Please be patriotic and stop insulting doctors, they are flesh, bone and blood like you.

DANGOTEONE: RIP.

Just for the record.
*First Consultants
Hospital is a private and profit-focused organisation;
*All staff of First Consultants
Hospital are/were working for their salaries/wages;
*All those medical personnel who contracted the Ebola virus from the first index case-Patrick Sawyer are/were not working for any publicly owned hospital at the material time;
*Call for compensations for the family of those medical personnel who died in active service at First Consultants
Hospital should be directed at the management of First Consultants
Hospital and NOT THE GOVERNMENT;
*To be continued.

Good to know there are still right thinking Nigerians alive.
Honestly I wonder how some Nigerians reason. E be like say dem don swear for us. Wallahi!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Wound Is Taking Forever To Heal (Graphic) / My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life / A Mad Man Attempts Withdrawing At An ATM (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.