Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,432 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus (60916 Views)

Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family / Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus / Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Caracta(f): 12:07am On Aug 20, 2014
upchair: Patrick Sawyer murdered my 1st cousin tonight. Ameyo, I am speechless. After the last few weeks of prayers and holding on to hope that you will pull through, you did not come out of your unconscious state. You were so nice, easy going, simple and humble and you played the big sister as the eldest of all the 1st cousins on mummy's side. I will not forget the role you played at my wedding where you stood in as my mum (representing my late mum). That you were named Stella in memory of my mum was not surprising cause you were similar in nature. You (as the lead consultant) and your team prevented generations of Nigerians from contracting the Ebola virus by insisting Patrick Sawyer did not live the hospital. It shows you died so that other Nigerians may live. What could be more Christ like than this? It goes without saying that by default you are a national hero. God knows best why he allowed you to go (1) at this time and (2) in this horrible way cause I am speechless , lost for words. AMEYO rest in perfect peace till we meet to part no more and may God grant your mum and siblings the grace to carry on especially mummy.

Now this brought tears to my eyes.

May she rest in peace. So sad. Please take heart.

14 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by F117A: 12:08am On Aug 20, 2014
saxywale:
dude...isreal doctors went on partial strike all through those months. you might want to google the meaning of partial strike in healthcare. Don't bring your strike reasons on this thread.

This country is not worth dying for yet we have gallant soldiers facing boko haram up north. If not for these patriotic men, would you even have time to practice your medicine Now you are here being unpatriotic to the same country that trained you to become a doctor almost if not free of charge.
Dont mind the selfish mofos.
These miserable doctors enjoyed a highly subsidized education and are one of the highest paid nincompoops in this country.
We have soldiers dying in the frontline for fucck sakes and yet these doctors think they are offering us something special.
The FG should make the sack permanent and employ egyptian doctors ASAP.
Who the hell do they think they are?

4 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by abatically(m): 12:10am On Aug 20, 2014
Dee60: What can we say now? O God have mercy.

Who gave the misleading information that she was discharged?

Who is getting so arrogant and not doing the right thing to make Nigeria get the right drug, whereas Liberia is now treating her own people with it? Did we need to beg America or simply go to the manufacturers to "invest" in the drug? America knowing about the wealth of our officials. would they give us anything free?

What is wrong with our country?

Sad loss!

Must u mention America? Isn't Nigeria an independent country and last time I checked America is not our daddy. You lots will lash out at America at every given opportunity and yet u still need their help.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by kobonaire(m): 12:10am On Aug 20, 2014
Toks2008: This is why AMERICA WILL BE HATED by many countries.

A timely release of zmapp or whatever the name is would have saved this innocent lady.

This same trial drugs was used for three Americans but to send it to Nigeria,they gave crazy excuses.

I feel like using some unethical words on Obama but let me juat keep mum.
This is an experimental drug, they cannot just make it large scale like garri .... the US are in a very tough situation as there is no supply of this drug.
The same people that hate the US will be celebrating any aid that they get from America

7 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by bignbold(f): 12:12am On Aug 20, 2014
Minister of health made d correction, she was never discharged.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by anonimi: 12:14am On Aug 20, 2014
This is very sad. I hope the family and friends she left behind will find the strength to continue this life without her.
It will be very appropriate that the federal government gives her a meaningful national award while the Lagos state government and other organisations find useful ways to honour her memory. That is the minimum to expect in a DECENT society.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by eaglechild: 12:15am On Aug 20, 2014
F117A: Dont mind the selfish mofos.
These miserable doctors enjoyed a highly subsidized education and are one of the highest paid nincompoops in this country.
We have soldiers dying in the frontline for fucck sakes and yet these doctors think they are offering us something special.
The ones who have died in numbers from Ebola, Lassa fever, HIV, Hepatitis B and C etc

Yes a lot of doctors have lost their lives trying to save their patients including the person this thread was created to honour, so why not take your bitterness elsewhere, perhaps open a new thread for it.

10 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Abbott(m): 12:17am On Aug 20, 2014
12inches1: I knew that chukwu man was a air head the moment he went on TV to say Nigeria has approved the use of nanosilver drug and later went to retract his statement. That same man that said Dr Adadevoh (RIP) has been discharged and came out again to say she had not. The same man that said that FG has disbursed 1.9 billion and numerous PPEs for the isolation center. That man is a big liar; typical of the Nigerian political class. I take every statement he makes with a pinch of salt. The same man that cannot explain to the Nigerian population the difference between isolation,quarantine,and contact tracing. I know all these and I'm not even a doctor. Dr Chukwu, the minister of health is a useless quack doctor and a pathetic liar. Perhaps we even have more than 12 confirmed and more that 177 contacts. Who knows?

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by F117A: 12:19am On Aug 20, 2014
kobonaire: This is an experimental drug, they cannot just make it large scale like garri .... the US are in a very tough situation as there is no supply of this drug.
The same people that hate the US will be celebrating any aid that they get from America
Any aid Nigeria gets from america are usually peanuts and are often insulting.
If you are looking for grateful people ,go to Egypt or israel as both countries get over $12billion as US aids anually.
Dont be surprised though, if they shoot you the moment you mention america.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by phantom(m): 12:21am On Aug 20, 2014
anonimi: This is very sad. I hope the family and friends she left behind will find the strength to continue this life without her.
It will be very appropriate that the federal government gives her a meaningful national award while the Lagos state government and other organisation find useful ways to honour her memory. That is the minimum to expect in a DECENT society.

really? you expect that?
a certain Nigerian footballer died on the pitch 25years ago. he's death came while he was on active service,but today he has nothing in his memory.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Abbott(m): 12:21am On Aug 20, 2014
chrisbaba1: [size=14pt]You died a heroine, sacrificed your life for the life of another, what greater love is there than this... Never knew or met you, just a picture of you graced our eyes, everything about you sincerely felt special.

I pray your generation accomplish greater than you did and didnt do.

I hope God will bless a true hero on her entry to eternity, a woman not merely saying "God bless you" but was a blessing.

Forever engraved in our History Dr Ameyo Adadevoh
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by phantom(m): 12:21am On Aug 20, 2014
anonimi: This is very sad. I hope the family and friends she left behind will find the strength to continue this life without her.
It will be very appropriate that the federal government gives her a meaningful national award while the Lagos state government and other organisation find useful ways to honour her memory. That is the minimum to expect in a DECENT society.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Enoquin(f): 12:24am On Aug 20, 2014
hoodboy: Lots of Nairalanders have serious comprehension issues, did the health minister ever say Dr. Ameyo was discharged? Even with the subsequent publication to to clear the misconceptions, you lot are still lacking comprehension.....RIP DOC, hope you made peace with God...as for the bastard Sawyer, I know where ever you are, you are already paying for your misdeeds

It's quite befuddling how someone who might not have read the body of an article would just say something out of context and almost every other person would fall in line, typing without stopping to think even going as far as adding more rumours. This one wey you think say na just comprehension problem, for my eye e don pass that oh.

7 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by F117A: 12:25am On Aug 20, 2014
eaglechild:
The ones who have died in numbers from Ebola, Lassa fever, HIV, Hepatitis B and C etc

Yes a lot of doctors have lost their lives trying to save their patients including the person this thread was created to honour, so why not take your bitterness elsewhere, perhaps open a new thread for it.
But they are not better than our soldiers even though they earn far more.
Fight for a revamping of the health sector and not stomach infrastructure and primordial desires.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by anonimi: 12:27am On Aug 20, 2014
phantom:

really? you expect that?
a certain Nigerian footballer died on the pitch 25years ago. he's death came while he was on active service,but today he has nothing in his memory.

Please read my post again. I said DECENT society. Are we decent as a SOCIETY
Kindly note that I did NOT use the word government. It is over to all of US.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by eaglechild: 12:28am On Aug 20, 2014
F117A: But they are not better than our soldiers even though they earn far more.
Fight for a revamping of the health sector and not stomach infrastructure and primordial desires.
I never made any comparisons.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by abatically(m): 12:28am On Aug 20, 2014
kobonaire: This is an experimental drug, they cannot just make it large scale like garri .... the US are in a very tough situation as there is no supply of this drug.

Guy the thing tire me oh. America this, america that. Is America our daddy? The Americans are working hard to get a drug for Ebola before it hits their own country. They keep all their findings classified, even the doctors they gave the zmapp nobody knows their condition. They keep everything secret until they are 100% sure.

But here in Nigeria, minister for health is giving fake information, declaring that someone sick has been discharged just to make it look like things are fine and give Nigerians a reason to mock Americans. I wonder who they are deceiving.

4 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by anonimi: 12:31am On Aug 20, 2014
F117A: Any aid Nigeria gets from america are usually peanuts and are often insulting.
If you are looking for grateful people ,go to Egypt or israel as both countries get over $12billion as US aids anually.

I read somewhere that America FORCES us to collect their aids, abi
Why are we such shamelessly CLUELESS people?
Why?

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by kobonaire(m): 12:32am On Aug 20, 2014
F117A: Any aid Nigeria gets from america are usually peanuts and are often insulting.
you are mistaken there .... the Israelites love the US (their largest ally) and they have their largest diaspora in the US. They Egyptians love Americans ... heck they loved their American football coach dearly.
Nigeria getting any aid is insulting to nigeria, period - especially with Nigeria's oil revenue.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:32am On Aug 20, 2014
upchair: You (as the lead consultant) and your team prevented generations of Nigerians from contracting the Ebola virus. It shows you died so that other Nigerians may live. What could be more Christ like than this? It goes without saying that by default you are a national hero.
No matter what we say, we can never feel the gap of your big cousin.

All we can say is thank you to her and her crew. They put their lives on the line for us.

They prevented a catastrophe.

I will tell my kids of Dr Ameyo Adadevoh. The hero lady who died so they could be born.

Please, I pray you and your family have the strength to bear this loss.

10 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by kobonaire(m): 12:37am On Aug 20, 2014
abatically:

Guy the thing tire me oh. America this, america that. Is America our daddy? The Americans are working hard to get a drug for Ebola before it hits their own country. They keep all their findings classified, even the doctors they gave the zmapp nobody knows their condition. They keep everything secret until they are 100% sure.

But here in Nigeria, minister for health is giving fake information, declaring that someone sick has been discharged just to make it look like things are fine and give Nigerians a reason to mock Americans. I wonder who they are deceiving.
bros, you talk true ... we are big enough to take care of ourselves than to blame America.
I understand the emotions are high but we need to stop pointing the finger of blame and work to solve this problem.
There will always be conspiracy theorists and what have may. We are all smart enough to discern the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 20, 2014
inteli:

When was this

Can you provide the source of this info?
just scroll through Nairaland FP
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by ladej(m): 12:45am On Aug 20, 2014
F117A: Dont mind the selfish mofos.
pay Egyptian doctors with which money?

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by SolomonAdeola: 12:49am On Aug 20, 2014
So Sad! Rest on Doc.

Personally, I tink our health system nids a full scale overhaul. More efforts shld b committed to Research. And Health workers strike actions shld b addressed. Its a National shame if ppl in d Security Forces, Health Sector and Education Sector held in high esteems are embarking on frequent strike actions....dats a No-No to transformation and progress.

Rest on Hero!

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by F117A: 12:58am On Aug 20, 2014
kobonaire: you are mistaken there .... the Israelites love the US (their largest ally) and they have their largest diaspora in the US. They Egyptians love Americans ... heck they loved their American football coach dearly.
Nigeria getting any aid is insulting to nigeria, period - especially with Nigeria's oil revenue.
Yes i am sure egypt is not an oil producing country with far far less mouths to feed than Nigeria.
I am sure israel and egypt does not have a higher GDP/CAPITAL than Nigeria.
I am sure a $6billion military aid is chicken change to oil producing egypt,let alone Nigeria.
My friend,go and sit down.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Leopantro: 1:01am On Aug 20, 2014
I have no word for all you
hypocrites. Yesterday uou were all
here villifying drs...some even said
there isnt anything risky in the job
they do. Today you are here
shedding crocodile tears...what
could be more wicked. For a nation
whose largely ignorant and docile
citizenry thrive on stupidity, Nigeria
is one hell of a giant. Yesterday not
one of you asked what your govt
has been doing about healthcare
and wellfare if health workers
instead hypocrites you all are you
wanted the the heads of drs
because they asked for better
working environment and yes,
better pay...someone said "it is a
hunsnitarian work, quit if you dont
want to', yet none of those will risk
their lives for even their family not
to talk of an unrelated person....If
this happened in a hospital, She'd
have died for nothing and you will
go to bed and hug your kids, love
your spouse and wake up
tomorrow like nothing
happened...Humanitarian job! WHO
recomends 30 personal protective
units to care for two ebola patients
in a day...and they are disposable,
but in an ebola centre govt
provided 23 for everyone, to be
reused....Folks wont question their
govt, they take it out on the Dr.
What is the 1.6 billion for? You all
are hypocrites and your tears and
sorrow are a mere scorn on her
families sorrows.When this strike is
over, you all will know that
everywhere in the world medicine
is big business...Nigerians will pay
for health via their noses because
noone will pity you. Those drs you
vilify will now charge just half of
what is charged in America and
even South Africa. When you are
billed 2 million for an
Appendectomy and the Dr is
working away because you cant
pay, maybe you all will finally
realise what sacrifice drs
make...and how important health
is.Nation of hypocrites...Do not cry
for Dr Adadevoh...Her family and
coleagues will do that....and I hope
no other Nigerian doctor will
contact ebola...RIP Adadevoh...you
saved a people that care nothing
about your wellfare from
calamity...I dont know if you will do
it again if you knew...but as for me,
I wont listen to any Nigerian twice.
It is business now. They hate drs. If
you need my services pay, through
the nose if you must.

11 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by kobonaire(m): 1:04am On Aug 20, 2014
F117A: Yes i am sure egypt is not an oil producing country with far far less mouths to feed than Nigeria.
I am sure israel and egypt does not have a higher GDP/CAPITAL than Nigeria.
I am sure a $6billion military aid is chicken change to oil producing egypt,let alone Nigeria.
My friend,go and sit down.
What will Naija do with that aid?? .... All the leaders will chop it .... you will now come to NL and lament even more ... tongue

PS: Naija's oil production is 3 time's egypt : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by F117A: 1:10am On Aug 20, 2014
anonimi:

I read somewhere that America FORCES us to collect their aids, abi
Why are we such shamelessly CLUELESS people?
Why?
I am not even bothered about that.
I am angry with the level of the so-called aid.
Nigeria is fighting a war,yet the US will not SELL us offensive weapons while DASHING over $12billion worth of highly advanced offensive weapons to egypt and israel every year.
The US practically made Egypt africa's strongest military by virtue of aid .
The same weapons the US won't sell to us.
And some moronnic Nigerian american think we should be grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by F117A: 1:19am On Aug 20, 2014
kobonaire: What will Naija do with that aid?? .... All the leaders will chop it .... you will now come to NL and lament even more ... tongue

PS: Naija's oil production is 3 time's egypt : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production
The aid does not come in cash,you simpleton.
The US supplies them $6B worth of american weaponry .
Egypt is a major oil producer with a much higher GDP/CAPITAL.
They are less deserving of such humongous aid than Nigeria.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by kobonaire(m): 1:31am On Aug 20, 2014
F117A: The aid does not come in cash,you simpleton.
The US supplies them $6B worth of american weaponry .
Egypt is a major oil producer with a much higher GDP/CAPITAL.
They are less deserving of such humongous aid than Nigeria.
You do not have to get emotional because I am debunking your arguments. Surely, you understand that aid is disbursed with a strategy and so that's why Egypt get's such a large military aid because of their importance in that volatile region. Nigeria actually gets more economic aid than Egypt (3x), yet people will still be whining .... go whine to your leaders that chopped that money finish ..... shocked
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid

6 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by F117A: 1:42am On Aug 20, 2014
kobonaire: You do not have to get emotional because I am debunking your arguments. Surely, you understand that aid is disbursed with a strategy and so that's why Egypt get's such a large military aid because of their importance in that volatile region. Nigeria actually gets more economic aid than Egypt (3x), yet people will still be whining .... go whine to your leaders that chopped that money finish ..... shocked
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid
What bloody economic aid are you talking about?
Is it the aid given to american companies like chevron,texaco and co .
You must seriously be deluded.
Tell your masters to sell us weapons.
Nigeria need those weapons than egypt at this point.
West africa is currently the most volatile region in africa.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by arsetalks(m): 1:48am On Aug 20, 2014
Never met this woman one on one but been wanting to meet her. She was very helpful to my now late fiancee. She was her personal doctor and I can remember when ex was diagnosed with a brain tumour, it was her who referred us and made sure she followed up. Before we discovered the horrible truth

Very nice woman. Always helpful. May her soul rest in perfect peace.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) / A Mad Man Attempts Withdrawing At An ATM (photo) / Are You Skinny & You Wanna Gain Weight? This Article Is For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.