Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM (53394 Views)

Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland / Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM / British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by cap28: 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
SirShymex:

Nah, he isn't based on what the society sees from the outside.

Why didn't they label Mark Duggan as white after they shot him dead? He was mixed with a white mum and his white mum raised him.

Oh, they had to label him black because he was "thug" with a strap, no?

They never label mixed race as white , always black, why are we a dumping ground for the rejected?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by room089: 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
Should this materialize, it will be a boost to Nigeria my beloved country!

You will win Chuka, you have my blessings!
But
Chuka, hope you know what 'come' is in igbo language?
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
cap28:

They never label mixed race as white , always black, why are we a dumping ground for the rejected?

And that's more reason why we need to accept them as part of us, since we have the same experience(s). They treat them the same way they treat every Ghana-black mofo out here. Evidently they're part of the struggle.

Some of them are even blacker than a lot of dark skinned people. For example: out of Taio Cruz and Harvey(So Solid) - who represents black people more?
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by HealNigeria: 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
Goodnews. It shows good things can still be achieved by nigerians.

how to stop ebola virus forever:
www.EbolaVirus.com.ng
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by JEITO: 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
[quote author=WoodcrestMayor]Skin colour becoming more irrelevant by the day wink

I wish Michael Jackson understood this..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Chuka Ummuna's late father, Osita Bennet Umunna.

Chuka Umunna's sister, Chinwe Umunna(L) and mother Patricia Umunna(M).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2180339/Bennett-Umunna-death-Labour-MPs-father-killed-mysterious-car-crash-refusing-pay-bribes.html

CAN YOU SPOT THE SIMILARITIES IN OBAMA VS CHUKA?

YES, THE SIMILARITIES IN ALTITUDE

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by spirit88: 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
AMAKAVIOLA: Nigeria is blessed na Only bad government kill am! God Bless the Igbo Tribe, 'Just show me one country where there is no Igbo man?

Even in hell, them plenty.................
Na joke oooooooooo
I like igbo folks
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Hercules222(m): 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
Cool tho
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by cap28: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
Shymex mixed race people in the west see themselves as black because the whites reject them if you go to latin America mixed race see themselves as white because they (mixed race) outnumber whites and have more power

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Mickey7(m): 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
So I open biscuit today o shocked na hin I come 5instead of 4 shocked .I just give God all the glory for what he do in my life.if not him all this things that are happening in my life,they will not have happen.I shock when I see this big thing but I know is favour that is doing me.I am happy for this thing.praise master Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
#Myopic.
Couldn't see beyond his nose...pun intended.[quote author=JEITO][/quote]
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by HandOfChukwu: 10:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
A Black prime minister of ENGLAND the home of white racism and imperialism? ... ....... ......... ...... . undecided undecided I laff in my language.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by 50calibre(m): 10:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
SirShymex:

Chuka does have a chance despite not being a proper politician and he doesn't really connect well with folks(even those within the Labour Party). He's more of Ed Miliband's boy, and that has kind of moved him up quite fast. However, despite being from a middle class family, Chuka relates more with black people than both David Lammy and Adam Afriyie. David Lammy is posh and more of a coconut while Adam Afriyie doesn't even see himself as black - he said he's post-racial(whatever that means). The only person that has no chance is Diane Abbott.

David Lammy and relating to black people are two things that should never be in the same sentence, apart from appearance. grin This is what Dr. David Starkey said about David during the last London riots that caused an uproar: ‘David Lammy does sound white, so does Diane Abbott, because they’ve had a white cultural experience. It’s one of the reasons they don’t have any street credibility. They have no contact with the young.’

Adam Afriyie has a chance in the Conservative party...and apparently he's the leader of the "rebel" group within the party trying to oust DC, and people have touted him as the next leader. Who knows what's going to happen? He's rich and connected as well, and the Tories align more with people like that. Boris does look like a sure bet - but who likes him outside London?

For Scotland: hopefully they will stay in the union. However, with a lot of Scottish academics coming out of late to back the "Yes" votes - who knows what's going to happen? The Scots are the ones making Labour relevant - once they leave, it's all over.

You can't really say black folks aren't united in the UK, since most black people always vote Labour. And perhaps, some voted for LibDem during the last elections. That shows the people speak with one voice with their votes on which ideology they prefer.

Anyway, everything is more or less wishful thinking. And none of them has any chance in the next election. Also, since Sir Trevor McDonald retired - how many black TV presenters have you seen on primetime TV? - zero. The UK isn't read for black people yet. So, it's going to be difficult, but hopefully it will happen one day - never say never. However, I don't care about it - and I don't think I'll ever vote for a black PM, to be honest. Voting for a black person would amount to voting for another Obama who's scared to talk about race.

Well to be honest, I see all of them as posh. When you hear them speak, you don't get that vibe which indicates they're black. As a politician (especially a minority) you've got to be a chameleon, able to blend into any environment. Take Obama as an example, when in the midst of a black audience, he's proper ghetto, he understands the culture, you'd think he was raised that way.

Black people vote labour en-masse because they see labour as more black friendly & pro immigration. The benefits they get from labour is always an incentive. grin

I can only think of one black face on TV at the moment, Clive Myrie of BBC. Komla Dumour was a promising, but he's dead now.

I think Scotland will remain, there are even more celebs in the No camp but if it happens that they do leave, it will mark a very important milestone in Britain's decline.
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by cap28: 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
SirShymex:

And that's more reason why we need to accept them as part of us, since we have the same experience(s). They treat them the same way they treat every Ghana-black mofo out here. Evidently they're part of the struggle.

Some of them are even blacker than a lot of dark skinned people. For example: out of Taio Cruz and Harvey(So Solid) - who represents black people more?

Why should we accept them? Don't you get it? They are rejects , they are not with us out of choice, they are forced to identify as black , many of them wish whites would accept them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
cap28: Shymex mixed race people in the west see themselves as black because the whites reject them if you go to latin America mixed race see themselves as white because they (mixed race) outnumber whites and have more power

That's not the point. My point is: since they see themselves as black and they society treats them as black, why are you trying to discriminate against them?

Colourism doesn't make sense to me. For example: I can relate for Harvey better than someone like say, Taio Cruz. I can sit there all day and chat with David Haye, than a Chris Eubank. Also, can you compare what Zadie Smith, who's the whitest of the white mixed race person you'll ever meet said during the London riots - to the tripe David Lammy (super black sambo) was spouting everywhere?
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
That is a joke!
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by eric111111(m): 10:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
Wish you good luck.
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
cap28:

Why should we accept them? Don't you get it? They are rejects , they are not with us out of choice, they are forced to identify as black , many of them wish whites would accept them

I don't see them as rejects - I see them as a lighter shade of my blackness. I've got a mixed race friend that I went to Uni with from Manchester (he lives in London now) - and you can never be more pro-black than this guy. He's on being black that he's borderline "racist" to white people...and you can bring a white chic around him. So, are you going to deny someone like that their blackness?

How about the thousands of mixed race people who died in the black struggle? Was that also in vain as well?
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by 50calibre(m): 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
SirShymex:

I hate that guy, he doesn't even see himself as black. He's own mixed race version has more black in it, his mum is Brazilian. The idio*t adopted his mother's name.

I've heard him in interviews saying he mustn't date black girls or use them in his videos.

And what the fu*k is Taio? I think he's real name was Taiwo, he changed it to Taio.
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
50calibre:
Well to be honest, I see all of them as posh. When you hear them speak, you don't get that vibe which indicates they're black. As a politician (especially a minority) you've got to be a chameleon, able to blend into any environment. Take Obama as an example, when in the midst of a black audience, he's proper ghetto, he understands the culture, you'd think he was raised that way.

Black people vote labour en-masse because they see labour as more black friendly & pro immigration. The benefits they get from labour is always an incentive. grin

I can only think of one black face on TV at the moment, Clive Myrie of BBC. Komla Dumour was a promising, but he's dead now.

I think Scotland will remain, there are even more celebs in the No camp but if it happens that they do leave, it will mark a very important milestone in Britain's decline.

Obama actually did live in the Southside of Chicago for a few years as a community organiser, and I believe he can relate more with it. Apart from Adam Afriyie who was actually raised in council flats in Peckham, I don't know about the other two. But I think Chuka Umunna can relate to his Nigerian side. Even with that - Afriyie is now posh - he doesn't even care about black people or Ghana (his father's country).

Clive Myrie is just on the fringes...and apart from him, there's hardly anyone else. Also, he can never be Sir Trevor McDonald.
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by sirekene: 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
“The best politicians are those who look outwards not inwards.”
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
50calibre:
I hate that guy, he doesn't even see himself as black. He's own mixed race version has more black in it, his mum is Brazilian. The idio*t adopted his mother's name.

I've heard him in interviews saying he mustn't date black girls or use them in his videos.

And what the fu*k is Taio? I think he's real name was Taiwo, he changed it to Taio.

His mum is Afro-Brazilian and he's super black just like you and I. But he's a coon!
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by 50calibre(m): 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
SirShymex:

His mum is Afro-Brazilian and he's super black just like you and I. But he's a coon!

I can't stand that guy.
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
50calibre:

I can't stand that guy.

Lmao...the guy is a weirdo.

He acts weird. Talks funny with a weird accent that's not London, white, or posh. He dresses like a fool. And whenever he opens his mouth, nothing sensible comes out of it. grin
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
50calibre:

Hater gonna hate. You ugly f o o l still hating on somebody. That is laughable!
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
50calibre:

I can't stand that guy.
Go and suck a DICK, you i d i o t!
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
_____
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by CodeineJunkiee(m): 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
AMAKAVIOLA: Nigeria is blessed na Only bad government kill am! God Bless the Igbo Tribe, 'Just show me one country where there is no Igbo man?

Seun see an example of a tribal bigot. Oya ban am angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by 50calibre(m): 11:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao...the guy is a weirdo.

He acts weird. Talks funny with a weird accent that's not London, white, or posh. He dresses like a fool. And whenever he opens his mouth, nothing sensible comes out of it. grin

Seriously, the guy is really annoying. He calls himself Taio Cruz, what a clown.
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
_______
Re: Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
Can this really work out? LIKE IF INTERESTED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Helicopter Gunship Attack In Orlu, Imo Happened On February 14 - Ibekwe / 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road / ‘Transmission’ In Buhari’s Letter Evokes Laughter Among Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.