Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866985 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dotman2460: 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
Congratulations bro.

All the best.

Morris:
My visa lagos today 6.30am appointment. Woke up around 2am left for the embassy by sharp 4am. The male vos where denying alot of people. This my 4th time of visiting the embassy. consistency and prayers are very important.
Vo(a lady): Goodmorning
Me: Good morning.
Vo: Why did chose to study at NC a&t state university?
Me: from my intensive research on the internet this school... (vo cuts in)
VO: don't resight all you have practiced. I bone face told her no I took a lot of time to research on this school and my professor who is an alumia of this school recommend this school to me because I want to concentrate on polymer chemistry and this school truly has a rich curriculum in this area of concentration I.e polymer chemistry. She shake her head (Main na physiologist the lady be. She wan throw me off balance so I will forget my lines incase I memories it lolz I laught her in German language) but I still finished my statement(boldness is necessary).
Vo: she smiled and asked me your uncle is sponsoring you?
Me: said yea dou my school also gave me a GTA with partial tuition remission + a stipend.
Vo: she ask for the letter.
Me: I gave her the letter.
After going through it.
Vo: did you write gre?
Me: yes gave her my result.
Vo: can I see your academic transcript?
Me: Of course yes gave her and she shake her head again.
Vo: U where denied student visa last year?
Me: yes gave her some cool explanation that I wanted to go for a second degree in Bus Mgt because I had passion for it, but I was refused visa and my uncle and my professor in school counsel me to be a master in my field first and later I should go for MBA. And I took the advice and worked on it.
Vo: smiled again (this time she come they more cute me I smile small too lolz)
Vo: Morris congratulations go and pick your visa on Thursday balaablabla.... lolz. Visa approved

I GIVE A VERY BIG THANKS TO GOD AND TO BIGFRANCIS MY BEST FRIEND AND ALSO AZEEZBABA MY PADDY FOR AGGIE PRIDE. AND TO ALL NL MEMBERS UNA TOO MUCH. ONE LOVE ALL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by homu88: 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
Morris:
My visa transcript at lagos today 6.30am appointment. Woke up around 2am left for the embassy by sharp 4am. The male vos where denying alot of people. This my 4th time of visiting the embassy. consistency and prayers are very important.
VO: don't resight all you have practiced. I bone face told her no I took a lot of time to research on this school and my professor who is an alumia of this school recommend this school to me because I want to concentrate on polymer chemistry and this school truly has a rich curriculum in this area of concentration I.e polymer chemistry. She shake her head (Main na physiologist the lady be. She wan throw me off balance so I will forget my lines incase I memories it lolz I laught her in German language) but I still finished my statement(boldness is necessary).
Me: said yea dou my school also gave me a GTA with partial tuition remission + a stipend.
After going through it.
Me: yes gave her some cool explanation that I wanted to go for a second degree in Bus Mgt because I had passion for it, but I was refused visa and my uncle and my professor in school counsel me to be a master in my field first and later I should go for MBA. And I took the advice and worked on it.
Vo: Morris congratulations go and pick your visa on Thursday balaablabla.... lolz. Visa approved

I GIVE A VERY BIG THANKS TO GOD AND TO BIGFRANCIS MY BEST FRIEND AND ALSO AZEEZBABA MY PADDY FOR AGGIE PRIDE. AND TO ALL NL MEMBERS UNA TOO MUCH. ONE LOVE ALL.

CONGRATULATIONS........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:

l understand u perfectly clear bro. But not that I engaged only in extra moral classes for 5yrs! NO. I even attended this class on part time basis. I also work full time. Unfortunately this job is totally informal and also presenting job related matter may give a wrong impression to the VO that my intent is to immigrate. Besides that, I've submitted the DS-160 stating that I engaged in foundation level course w/o including the type of work that I've been doing since 2009. So house what should I do.

Conversely, is it compulsory that I must be asked what I have been doing after graduation? At times this is a game of luck.
A game of luck? Hahaha, you crack me up here. Obviously, you've been using some funny expressions ever since you became a member of this online forum. Do not use those words on the VO, except you want to cause trouble for other people coming next to you during the course of interview cheesy

Don't be so in a hurry to travel abroad and review the application you submitted online. Rectify your weakness first and go grab your own visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:

l understand u perfectly clear bro. But not that I engaged only in extra moral classes for 5yrs! NO. I even attended this class on part time basis. I also work full time. Unfortunately this job is totally informal and also presenting job related matter may give a wrong impression to the VO that my intent is to immigrate. Besides that, I've submitted the DS-160 stating that I engaged in foundation level course w/o including the type of work that I've been doing since 2009. So house what should I do.

Conversely, is it compulsory that I must be asked what I have been doing after graduation? At times this is a game of luck.
A game of luck? Hahaha, you crack me up here. Obviously, you've been using some funny expressions ever since you became a member of this online forum. Do not use those words on the VO, except you want to cause trouble for other people coming next to you during the course of interview cheesy

Don't be so in a hurry to travel abroad and review the application you submitted online. Rectify your weaknesses first and go grab your own visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
Morris:
My visa transcript at lagos today 6.30am appointment. Woke up around 2am left for the embassy by sharp 4am. The male vos where denying alot of people. This my 4th time of visiting the embassy. consistency and prayers are very important.
After going through it.

Congrats bro. To everyone of us visiting d embassy soon I say devil like it or not we will make it. In Jesus name. Amen

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 6:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
Morris:

To God be the glory. Let's go to North Carolina and set new academic records there. AGGIE PRIDE!!!

See you in NC

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:

if you've been working that's the perfect answer. Some people go through this route to figure out what they want from life before committing to a degree. Just say you've been doing blue collar jobs out of circumstance or choice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
PedigreeCity:
Congrats bro. To everyone of us visiting d embassy soon I say devil like it or not we will make it. In Jesus name. Amen
AMEN

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
GolfingDiva:

Don't be so in a hurry to travel abroad and review the application you submitted online. Rectify your weaknesses first and go grab your own visa.

thanks for ur reply. But can I still make changes to the DS-160 visa application form that I have submitted online?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
GolfingDiva:
This kind of person can easily get his visa after he might have finetuned his skills here. So I am not laughing at him, but would rather give him some tips on how to succeed.

Self-sponsor will do the magic. Another is body language and then, finally, is at least a standardized test.

All in all, 5 years is not so much if he's really busy and can demonstrate it during the interview. After all, someone with 6 years gap got his visa for Bachelor's Degree.

Indeed, it's never too late to learn.

you are right but i am not laughing at him..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
PedigreeCity:

Amen in the Name of Jesus...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
Morris:
After going through it.

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland...

This can only be the work of prayers and persistency as you said..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
Feexo:
Peeps, I would like to know which is better between Discover and CapitalOne credit cards for a student. I must say I know next to nothing about this and I am only just beginning to research both. All suggestions will be appreciated- including the ones better than above-mentioned... Also, here is wishing all those at various stages of their visa application process divine intervention and mercies.

Go for Discover...if you have an on-campus job that gives you some stipend
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Horayce:

if you've been working that's the perfect answer. Some people go through this route to figure out what they want from life before committing to a degree. Just say you've been doing blue collar jobs out of circumstance or choice.
thanks for ur reply, please could u help me clarify what u meant by " doing blue collar jobs out of circumstance or choice' thanks again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
House pls once DS-160 online visa application form has been submitted is there any other way to make changes to it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:

House pls once DS-160 online visa application form has been submitted is there any other way to make changes to it?
you can change it. Fill a new ds160 and add the confirmation code to your appointment page. Click on update information and you can fill in the new ds160 code
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hello house. I got a graduate scholarship that covers about 2/3 of my tuition. I will offset the rest. But, when my admission packet was sent, a scholarship letter wasn't sent with it. I mailed my school asking them about it but was told they actually don't issue such as it appears on my I-20 form already.
Please, I hope this won't raise eyebrows if the VO asks for it and I start explaining. Or should I just print the mail that was sent to me notifying me of the admission and scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Morris(m): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
Thanks all Na God ooo. No bank statement was asked. Prayer is very necessary. Aggie Pride here we come. Azebaba lets go there lolz

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
slimmy05:
you can change it. Fill a new ds160 and add the confirmation code to your appointment page. Click on update information and you can fill in the new ds160 code

thanks. if i change the ds-160 confirmation number, can it affect my appointment date? can i also obtain another appointment confirmation letter showing the new DS-160 confirmation number and my original appointment date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:

thanks. if i change the ds-160 confirmation number, can it affect my appointment date? can i also obtain another appointment confirmation letter showing the new DS-160 confirmation number and my original appointment date?
it wont affect your appointment date. All you need do is update your profile with the new ds160 confirmation code then proceed to print appointment confirmation. The new code will appear there. The print view version is preferred.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dot1:
Hello house. I got a graduate scholarship that covers about 2/3 of my tuition. I will offset the rest. But, when my admission packet was sent, a scholarship letter wasn't sent with it. I mailed my school asking them about it but was told they actually don't issue such as it appears on my I-20 form already.
Please, I hope this won't raise eyebrows if the VO asks for it and I start explaining. Or should I just print the mail that was sent to me notifying me of the admission and scholarship?
no it won't raise any dust. It's already stated in your I-20. The letter is not needed. Just like your admission letter is not really needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:

thanks for ur reply, please could u help me clarify what u meant by " doing blue collar jobs out of circumstance or choice' thanks again
Since you said you've been employed full time doing informal jobs(also called blue collar work) to me that's a legitimate explanation for your educational gap. You could cite choice -- eg. to join the army, settle down have kids, experience the real world OR circumstance -- lack of finance, death of a parent/sponsor - as reasons why you did not/could not pursue your education right away. If your application is complete (Test scores/transcripts/financial docs etc) i see no reason why you should lose sleep over this bit. The VOs are human afterall and would not deny you a shot at your dream if you present a convincing and coherent case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
Horayce:

Since you said you've been employed full time doing informal jobs(also called blue collar work) to me that's a legitimate explanation for your educational gap. You could cite choice -- eg. to join the army, settle down have kids, experience the real world OR circumstance -- lack of finance, death of a parent/sponsor - as reasons why you did not/could not pursue your education right away. If your application is complete (Test scores/transcripts/financial docs etc) i see no reason why you should lose sleep over this bit. The VOs are human afterall and would not deny you a shot at your dream if you present a convincing and coherent case.

Thanks a lot. I also have TOEFL IBT . Success can be predicted!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 11:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:

Bro listen up.., this is no dice game that can be tosed...if you don't make your research well and answer interview questions in an expected way, you will be refused, if you sound like someone that's not interested in studying, you will be refused, if you sound like someone who's not interested to come back after studies, you will be refused... The truth is if you had an experience in another field that doesn't correlate with your course of intention, it doesn't mean you will be seen as an intending inmigrant... Some peeps on this thread had over 8-10 years interval after their ssce and still got visa... You will likely be asked what you have been doing for 5 years and if you tell the VO what you are writing on this thread... I can bet you its an automatic denial.. I'm not a VO but you don't make a fool of them... There are things you could use as coverup..; something's can't be said on a public forum like this for several reasons.., pm gurus on this thread and get a better insight of what to expect!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dot1:

As long as it is stated on your I-20, no cause for alarm because the VO will only work with what was written on your I-20 and correlate it with what you say to them..

Also don't forget to print out your email conversation too because it works sometimes when VO asked to see it.

All the best and meet you at the top
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 1:18am On Nov 04, 2014
Dot1:

If it is noted on your I-20 then you got no issues. All you have to do when asked about sponsorship details is to start the scholarship and how you intend paying the balance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 4:42am On Nov 04, 2014
slimmy05:
no it won't raise any dust. It's already stated in your I-20. The letter is not needed. Just like your admission letter is not really needed.
Walspring:

As long as it is stated on your I-20, no cause for alarm because the VO will only work with what was written on your I-20 and correlate it with what you say to them..
Also don't forget to print out your email conversation too because it works sometimes when VO asked to see it.
All the best and meet you at the top
GboyegaD:

If it is noted on your I-20 then you got no issues. All you have to do when asked about sponsorship details is to start the scholarship and how you intend paying the balance.
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 04, 2014
Goodmorning house, just a question, am I to submit original account statements to the schools I applied for or photocopies?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 04, 2014
portelli:

What was your score? And which school are you heading to? PM other gurus, eg, Bigfrancis, he's also a specialist at closing gaps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 04, 2014
troubled:
Goodmorning house, just a question, am I to submit original account statements to the schools I applied for or photocopies?
The schools you applied to,what are they asking for?Are they asking you send them the scanned copy to their email boxes or you send them the originals via courier?

It depends on the school,you either send em a scanned copy or originals via courier..you can't send photocopies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by vicarsenal(m): 6:31am On Nov 04, 2014
If ones application is delayed base on the following reasons .....
how do one tackle it?
travel history
length of proposed stay
purpose of visit
personal assets and financial status
current employment situation

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86