Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867028 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 02, 2014
technolee:
No. Heading to west virginia.
Ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 7:58am On Nov 02, 2014
GboyegaD:

Economics, 2006.
O boi! Was in 300L then. Enjoy your weekend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sobatec(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2014
good day nl am a new member. pls I need advice on my USA student visa processinh . am 30yrs old now, I had my OND and HND in accounting couple of years ago buy now into computer sales and servicing business as u know Nigeria for diversification. so I decided to learn more about graphic so I went on applied for admission at academy of art university. everything went successful and I got my i-20 and other doc. but don't have the TOEFL and GRE exams cos the school don't request for it but the admission officer told me that the EPL class will available for me. now am about to apply for visa and some now told me that my age is above the normal age for USA university student. and also that I should apply for master cos I had HND before that this can resort to refusal. pls house what can u offer as help and advice.... thank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
technolee:
O boi! Was in 300L then. Enjoy your weekend.

What department did you finish from and what school are you heading to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
Walspring:

Wow... good to hear and lets give the thanks to God

Walspring the questions in the maths book I got are more exacting that the ones I have seen on the power prep and Ets official guide....O boy yee... I am getting scared.

Pls anyone who took the GRE exam last month evince the kind of quantitative questions they met? Did the questions mirror what is on the Ets guide . Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
sobatec:
good day nl am a new member. pls I need advice on my USA student visa processinh . am 30yrs old now, I had my OND and HND in accounting couple of years ago buy now into computer sales and servicing business as u know Nigeria for diversification. so I decided to learn more about graphic so I went on applied for admission at academy of art university. everything went successful and I got my i-20 and other doc. but don't have the TOEFL and GRE exams cos the school don't request for it but the admission officer told me that the EPL class will available for me. now am about to apply for visa and some now told me that my age is above the normal age for USA university student. and also that I should apply for master cos I had HND before that this can resort to refusal. pls house what can u offer as help and advice.... thank
I will like to ask you two questions:
1 Are you going for master's or Bsc
2 Why graphic when you have HND in Accounting and work experience in Computer sales
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by juntod: 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
zeezahbee:
pele juntod, hows life ? hows morgan state uni? hope winter in Maryland is doing you well. take care

my dear Zeezahbee, longest time. Morgan is cool. How is the weather in Texas? hope you are enjoying life
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
dicapino:

Walspring the questions in the maths book I got are more exacting that the ones I have seen on the power prep and Ets official guide....O boy yee... I am getting scared.

Pls anyone who took the GRE exam last month evince the kind of quantitative questions they met? Did the questions mirror what is on the Ets guide . Thanks
LOL. That's why i'm sweating it out cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Elite001: 6:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lana14:
@yomisley, you can start now. Pls can you help check for graduate requirement if there is need for deposit of tuition. Thank

Hello House, Please do i stand more chance at the embassy? because the school admission to asked for a deposit of $4,000.
I am going to the embassy in 2 weeks time.

The Gurus in the house please your advice is needed. You can also send me a mail.

I will be waiting for advice on embassy interview tips.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
GboyegaD:

What department did you finish from and what school are you heading to?
Elect. WVU, Morgantown.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 9:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
technolee:
Elect. WVU, Morgantown.

Great and beautiful place. I got an offer there last year but choose some other schools. Wish you the best and please try to enjoy the mountain sceneries.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sandfield: 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hello all, pls my cousin is going for interview next week,but the problem now is that,when the visa officer will ask her why do you choose this university she intened to say that I choose it because they have a well course structure that tally with my carrer goal.But if they visa officer ask how, what shall she say? You help is urgently needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
please house I thank una for the work we una de perform here. Its really encouraging for Nigerian people wishing to further education abroad.
I am a new member just started following up with you today cos de forum rily helps.
I get matter that I want the house to help me look into: I have a gap of five consecutive years after my high school graduation, I wish to sit for interview in 2 wks coming, I have fear currently that the VO mait ask me what I have been doing for the 5yrs. But I have in mind to say that I engaged in remedial course that is related to my field of study only. I want the house to predict for me whether the VO will be pleased by that or throw me out? If the house says yes VO will be pleased, has the house considered the number of years I spent on remedial course ( ie 5 yrs which the VO will calculate as the remedial course duration) in relation to the number of years I will spend in my field of study which is 4yrs?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by younique10: 10:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
Who is applying or has applied to schools in Wisconsin or South Dakota..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:50pm On Nov 02, 2014
PedigreeCity:
For as many Nairalanders dat will be heading for their interview throughout diz new week,heaven shall locate u,His favor n mercy will work for u,n u shall be call success, nairalanders will read ur successful transcript n congratulate u,by this time next Sunday d word of testimony will filled ur mouth,go n grab ur own visa. So shall it be. In Jesus Name. Amen!

Amen in the Name of Jesus...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
dicapino:

Dont get scared please because you can do it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 1:28am On Nov 03, 2014
Peeps, I would like to know which is better between Discover and CapitalOne credit cards for a student. I must say I know next to nothing about this and I am only just beginning to research both. All suggestions will be appreciated- including the ones better than above-mentioned... Also, here is wishing all those at various stages of their visa application process divine intervention and mercies.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 2:25am On Nov 03, 2014
Feexo:
Peeps, I would like to know which is better between Discover and CapitalOne credit cards for a student. I must say I know next to nothing about this and I am only just beginning to research both. All suggestions will be appreciated- including the ones better than above-mentioned... Also, here is wishing all those at various stages of their visa application process divine intervention and mercies.
Amen! IJN. Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 2:31am On Nov 03, 2014
Every brass door being locked against ur destiny is quenched by the fire of the lord in the name of Jesus. Go and have ur testimony in Jesus name. It is well with you...

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 03, 2014
PedigreeCity:
Every brass door being locked against ur destiny is quenched by the fire of the lord in the name of Jesus. Go and have ur testimony in Jesus name. It is well with you...
Success bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 3:03am On Nov 03, 2014
Feexo:

I don't know what Capital One offer however, discover offers interest free credit card back then and I don't know if that applies till date. Also, they give unsecured credit while Capital One was giving secured credit. I still use my Discover Card after school although the prevailing interest rate now applies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 3:57am On Nov 03, 2014
slimmy05:
Success bro
Amen! IJN. And u too bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dotman2460: 6:30am On Nov 03, 2014
Hey Bro, when is your interview at the US Consulate?

PedigreeCity:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 03, 2014
Elite001:

Hello House, Please do i stand more chance at the embassy? because the school admission to asked for a deposit of $4,000.
I am going to the embassy in 2 weeks time.

The Gurus in the house please your advice is needed. You can also send me a mail.

I will be waiting for advice on embassy interview tips.

Thanks.

First of all, what's the name of your school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 7:36am On Nov 03, 2014
Hello house

Is it only reasonable verbal statement that one can use to prove ties or have the VOs ever required documents proving ties to this country at Lagos or Abuja embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 7:40am On Nov 03, 2014
Hello house

Is only reasonable verbal statement commonly used to prove ties or do the VOs require documents by applicant proving ties to this country at Lagos or Abuja embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 7:56am On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:
Hello house

Is only reasonable verbal statement commonly used to prove ties or do the VOs require documents by applicant proving ties to this country at Lagos or Abuja embassy?

You don't need to show proof of land, house or anything as proof of ties.. Your verbal statement is enough.. Although if you are married with kids, you stand a better chance in the aspect of ties.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 7:58am On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:
please house I thank una for the work we una de perform here. Its really encouraging for Nigerian people wishing to further education abroad.
I am a new member just started following up with you today cos de forum rily helps.
I get matter that I want the house to help me look into: I have a gap of five consecutive years after my high school graduation, I wish to sit for interview in 2 wks coming, I have fear currently that the VO mait ask me what I have been doing for the 5yrs. But I have in mind to say that I engaged in remedial course that is related to my field of study only. I want the house to predict for me whether the VO will be pleased by that or throw me out? If the house says yes VO will be pleased, has the house considered the number of years I spent on remedial course ( ie 5 yrs which the VO will calculate as the remedial course duration) in relation to the number of years I will spend in my field of study which is 4yrs?

What exactly have u been doing for 5 years?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 8:26am On Nov 03, 2014
I engaged in all these extra moral or remedial classes (ie after high school courses ) It is not a college level course. And doesn't award at least certificate. And it is related to the field of study that I wish to study, but gives a strong background. But my greatest worry is the VO will be suspicious on how can one spent 5 yrs on remedial course while the main field of study will take 4yrs. Maybe I should use after high school, I had protracted illness that lasted for years, thereby reducing the 5yr period in remedial course? Please gurus in the house mek una add more ingredients to this soup!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 9:14am On Nov 03, 2014
Feexo:
I don't know much about discovery credit card, but I using Capital one presently. Capital one as two credit cards, master and visa. I will advice you to go for the master card with cheap interest rate(after one year of no interest) and good credit points.
If you have a good credit score, lot of credit card companies will send you pre-approved card but please make sure the read the terms and conditions before going into the agreement bro grin. Also there is no point in having more than two credit card, just keep that in mind wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 9:14am On Nov 03, 2014
house please can i go to the embassy with my 3yr old TOEFL result.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 9:14am On Nov 03, 2014
honeyad:

What exactly have u been doing for 5 years?
Good question

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.