Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865851 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dharmy002(m): 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
Congrats bro so much happy for u. You've just begin another journey in ur life. You shall come out with flying colors. Enjoy your state in obamaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by goryorhal(m): 1:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
gbemzy1:
Hey guys
Do u know anyone attending Minnesota state university mankato. I am still concerned about this toefl of a thing. The school didn't ask me for toefl exam or any exams, they only asked for my waec,bank statement and intl financial statement since am applying for undergraduate degree. I also have problem paying my sevisfee,where can I pay?
Pls any help.

You are good ...no whala
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by femoric9: 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
femoric9:
House ! Pls help again o, my interview is for November 28 in abuja and i have 2 issues to decide b4 completing my DS-160. I am not working but i have an uncle who has a company that want to give me a study leave letter, ID card, pay slip & d company's tax clearance to show dat i am working, but my fear is dat incase d VO asked for my bank account statement, i don't have any functional account to show that i have bin collecting salary. Can i just go wit those documents witout a bank statement and tell d VO dat i didn't bring my bank statement since I'm bin sponsored.
2.) I have an issue wit who my sponsor sud be, i intend to use my brother's account, though i wanted to call him my father because we bears d same name, i have #7milion plus in his account statement but unfortunately inside my Form I-20, brother was put in d place of prove of sponsorship/finance. My 1st year tuition is $25000 & dat is around #4m. I was thinking it will be more pleasant to the VO if i say he's my dad because his monthly salary is mere 250k and the VO may be thinking why my brother will want to spend his life savings on me. Can i write d school to send me an email i can print out to correct d brother to father because i actually wrote father in my updated financial form though wrote brother in the earlier one since i deferred my admission. Pls, all advices will be well taking and duely followed. May God bless u all
Pls House, any advice ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
phemix:
EDITED
IMPERIOUXX, ABEG BRING MY SHAYO FAST FAST BUH AS I BE PASTOR, MAKE AM HOLY SHAYOi DNT MIND ME AM CRAYYY SE? NA THIS VISA CAUSE AM.

(eDITED)

Femi, I'm sorry you got my email late. I saw your 3 mention here yesterday afternoon from my phone when I came to check super eagles scoreline while at work. And I logged into the email on my computer as soon as I got home at night just to reply you but I guess that was too late for me too good for you.

And at last

Cheers! Holy shayo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
Sorry for those that I replied late last night. I saw some October emails too.

The imperiouxx email isn't the email that I use all the time and real life activity sometimes doesn't give me chance for prompt response.

Cheers all!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
innovativeame:

But their new policy will be effective from Dec 1, isn't it? They can still condone anyone before that date, I believe. Although, I feel it is better to be on the safe side by doing the needful.

Yea December 1st
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
sandfield:
Okay, thanks

Lets give the thanks to God..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
sirRiddy:
Thanks Wale. So with a b2b1 status, the guy no fit write uslme for US? I just want to be clear on what you mean. Does that mean only those with f1 can write the exam?

Which exam s uslme can you state the full meaning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
Amerinancy:
guy bounce in embassy go gba your visa abi u wan dash am iya mukuru? grin

For real i will
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
portelli:

thank you Wals. I think I will go with the 2 ds160 in case if the new one doesn't work I use the firstly filled one.

Lets give the thanks to God...

You can go with the two but trust me you can only use one and that is the one that is updated on your appointment confirmation page..

For you to know that one, just log in back to you appointment page site and click on appointment confirmation to print it because that is what will be on their database or record on that day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
gbemzy1:
Hey guys
Do u know anyone attending Minnesota state university mankato. I am still concerned about this toefl of a thing. The school didn't ask me for toefl exam or any exams, they only asked for my waec,bank statement and intl financial statement since am applying for undergraduate degree. I also have problem paying my sevisfee,where can I pay?
Pls any help.

Yes and his moniker is Ricky Rozay (RR)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:59pm On Nov 20, 2014
dharmy002:
House please help out. What's the best dress code to go for an interview at d embassy. Is it a most to tour in? Please can someone give the best way to present his or herself. Thanks so much gurus in d houses

Just dress smart and nice because people who wore 100k suit are not far from behind deny at the embassy..

My prayer is that we wont be a victim of visa denial in the remaining days of this year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
phemix:
EDITED

HERE GOES ThE PRE, THE REAL AND POST INTERVIEW EXPERIENCe.

You av garra relax well well o cos this thing Ggo long o

EPILOGUE: : Na phD the boy take start o, na I'm den deny am all round, morale drop, money waste, WEBSTRADAMUS (got 2knw him thru a frnd) helped me den buh he didn't know me and I ddnt even knw NL yet then

Fastforward 2anoda admission frm France and UI, den I got 2knw NL, peeps hia encouraged me 2drop it&pursue US again. I took dt grt courage and re-applied.

PROLOGUE; na I'm i apply 2 MNSU o, na I'm dem admit me, okk nw, na I'm i cross frm chemistry to IT o, dem cme give me undergrad. I-20 cos of pre-requisites, sm discouraged me, sme encouraged me and told me steps 2take, I appreciate evry1

Fastforward to weeks before interview, I fasted once a week like 4 weeks b4 interview and 7days the week b4 interview, had like 3 personal vigils declaring on ma documents.

On the D-day, I slept over with a family frend @Ajah, woke up 3am, prayd small, had ma bath, prayd again nd left 4.20, got dere 5.23am and met sm light crowd. I join dem o, after biometrics and normal checks, na I'm ma throat dey dry o, i sha gggo ease maself na I'm b4 i return, ma number don show, na I'm I enter the woman counter o sharperly.

Main Interview:
VO: Place yur hand on the thumbprint machine.. Me I no hear the oyinbo well well sef, I sha dey use scope...
Me: Did It
VO: why is your I-20 bearing undergraduate and the program for 1 year?
Me: the school issued this because I hav pre-requisites 2take
VO: any letter from them?
Me; yes, passes it
VO: How did you find out abt this school?
ME; thru usnews.com, and been an educationUSA member, had acceSs 2d latest copy of princeton grad guide book
VO: How old are you?
Me: **, sorry 2*, (tension don dey ma body)
VO: Is it on a scholarship?
ME: yes, a partial one that allows me pay in-state tuition
VO: are you single?
Me: NO
VO: Girlfriend or Fiance?
VO: No ma (and smiled pulenty, she smiled back)
VO: what do you do?
Me: Researcher with **** (nods her fine head)
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: My mum, she is ****** (ko wa important)
VO; did you take any test?
Me: Yes, GRE, wanted 2pass it, she says dnt worry...
VO: We will issues you a visa, take your I-20 and bla bla bla bla bla ......m (my ear don block wit excitememt), you mait need anoda visa..... (Rubbish! I no hear again se)
Evritin ws like 2mins nd sm seconds, no docs except skool letter, she ddnt ask why I chnged course or wat I wanted 2cme bak nd do.

APPRECIATION: my sincere appreciation 2ma frnd dt helped wit ds whole idea frm beginning 2end in all aspects even financially, his name is YEMI, and also to ma wonderful family here ImPeriouxx, Ms-NAS&Zeeezhabee (awon iya niyen), won ran e at all, Olumide 098 (this guy transformd ma SOP), Fadinus (very good guy), SliMmyO5 & JOENICE,{ (nice calm nd hilarious) (I like these two guys, dunno why! am no GAY o, biko) }, stevecrun, edbid, Idazbawz and Walspring, am soRry o if I ddnt put yur name, biko, excitement ni o

I saw some denials nd felt bad, sincerely, na rubbish sm pikin cme talk dere, they need NL .....

FiNAL NOTE:
* B confident, pray verrryyyyyy well and fast if possible (its all favour o)
*whateva they advise you here, dnt b sturrborn, listen nd do it
*talk loud nd dnt rush....
*maintain eye contact nd smile....
* gesticulate well o( cnt remeba if I did sha)
* Wear a new cloth (the thing dey boost ma confidence die)

forgot to add that she asked me if I was on scholarship

Am excited, honestly....

IMPERIOUXX, ABEG BRING MY SHAYO FAST FAST BUH AS I BE PASTOR, MAKE AM HOLY SHAYOi DNT MIND ME AM CRAYYY SE? NA THIS VISA CAUSE AM.

(eDITED)[b][/b]

This is God's doing... Prayer and fasting works and this is serious business... Which church do you attend?

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gbemzy1: 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
Kk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
Walspring:

This is God's doing... Prayer and fasting works and this is serious business... Which church do you attend?

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland....

Bros ma church's name is 'Lead Me 2d Cross Gospel Church' buh we more like CAC, we dey pray wella o even with FIRE. ‎​=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​ℓσℓz•ː̗̀=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
It is exams required for someone who wants to practice medicine in the states... Shey the guy fit write am during im visit?
Walspring:

Which exam s uslme can you state the full meaning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dharmy002(m): 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
Amen @walspring thanks so much. I really appreciate u for ur response. We shall all meet at d apex. Dem no get choice dan to relax d visas cuz they all need us to b part of dem in d state plus dey also need our money so dey've got no choice dan to issue our visas.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by DrCaleb: 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
Hi room
Don't you think telling the consular u have a girlfriend or u ar engaged even if you are not is a strong home tie? I feel dey would believe u would want to come back cos of being in a relationship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Amerinancy(f): 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
innovativeame:

Nne, imeala grin. Biko, do u know any Nigerian student in Normal, Illinois? Odi very urgent. Dahlu cheesy
No idea sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kpolli(m): 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
DrCaleb:
Hi room
Don't you think telling the consular u have a girlfriend or u ar engaged even if you are not is a strong home tie? I feel dey would believe u would want to come back cos of being in a relationship.

Bro, The consular already knows about the Jezebels waiting for you in America, so that's not a good home tie

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
Pls VOs in the house, if a person tells the VO that she has currently a course of study in Nigeria that will end 1 or 2 weeks after the very day the VO will interview the person, on top of that, the Person's course of study start-date in US is still 2 months ahead. will it cause a total denial?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by DrCaleb: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
Hi house, my admission notification was sent via email and was not posted to Me by mail. Hope it won't pose much concern. Was anybody's admission letter sent via email alone. Tnx as u reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
sirRiddy:
It is exams required for someone who wants to practice medicine in the states... Shey the guy fit write am during im visit?

Well cant really say but if the exam is like toefl, i think the guy can write it there provided he is ready for it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
kpolli:

Bro, The consular already knows about the Jezebels waiting for you in America, so that's not a good home tie

I cant stop laughing here... Cos the Jezebels will kill and destroy ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
DrCaleb:
Hi house, my admission notification was sent via email and was not posted to Me by mail. Hope it won't pose much concern. Was anybody's admission letter sent via email alone. Tnx as u reply.

Are you saying your I-20 documents was sent via email? LOl... That was wrong.

They are talking about mail and not email if i am not wrong because no school will send your documents via email but mail which is postal mail or regular.

Maybe they just sent you a scanned copy to confirm it before they will mail it out via courier or regular mail..

Ask you school for the real mailing one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
dharmy002:
Amen @walspring thanks so much. I really appreciate u for ur response. We shall all meet at d apex. Dem no get choice dan to relax d visas cuz they all need us to b part of dem in d state plus dey also need our money so dey've got no choice dan to issue our visas.

@Bold...... Amen in the Name of Jesus...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
phemix:

Bros ma church's name is 'Lead Me 2d Cross Gospel Church' buh we more like CAC, we dey pray wella o even with FIRE. ‎​=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​ℓσℓz•ː̗̀=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​!

Nice church and pray for me and others in your church ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by DrCaleb: 10:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
I was nt referring to I-20, I meant admission letter. Was anybody's own sent via email. Hope it won't pose any complaint by the VO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 11:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
Amerinancy:
No idea sir
Gracias nne
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
DrCaleb:
I was nt referring to I-20, I meant admission letter. Was anybody's own sent via email. Hope it won't pose any complaint by the VO
Why you confusing yourself?Walspring,was right..schools don't send out i20 nor admission letter through email for you to print out and go with it to the embassy. No school would do that.

They would only send you a copy through the email for you to preview and see if your personal details..etc are correct before they have it sent out through courier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sholay2011(m): 12:27am On Nov 21, 2014
stevecrun:
Why you confusing yourself?Walspring,was right..schools don't send out i20 nor admission letter through email for you to print out and go with it to the embassy. No school would do that.

They would only send you a copy through the email for you to preview and see if your personal details..etc are correct before they have it sent out through courier.
Wow! Really? ? My admission letter (or rather certificate of admission) was sent to my email and it was clearly stated that a hard copy will not be issued.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:48am On Nov 21, 2014
DrCaleb:

Your school is stingy and dont have money to buy enough A4 paper to print your admission letter along side with your I-20..

Why would they send it to your email for you to print it when other school print it out and add it together with I-20..

I cant laugh here oo.. Even CC will print admission letter along side I-20

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.