Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,245 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868080 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 7:17pm On Dec 20, 2014
Dahjhi:
Keenly expecting them

What do you want and what is your question my brother?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dahjhi: 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2014
Walspring:

What do you want and what is your question my brother?
May you walk and never stumble sir.. I av an HND in Environmental Health and wanted to take BSC in Environmental Health In OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY NORFOLK...
I've actually been to their site and was trying to start an admission process... But when I got to their costing and so, thats why I come here to know of available means of work and study..

IM A PURE LEARNER SIR, so I will appreciate a detail explanation baba. sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 7:53pm On Dec 20, 2014
Come over and buy em. You might not get what will be strong enough for weather.
Beverly055:
Go to Yaba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
Walspring:

I guess that's how they deal with people looking for early date

Too sad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nigerians sha. We are blessed with knowledge.
Amefrica:

Yessir. Safe trip in advance to you smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2014
Check Uni. of Northern Dakota and Southern Illinois Univ. 2.7 will do fine.
seangy4konji:
This schools noted as I have a 2.7 cgpa. That America na sure banker next year Insha Allah.no rushing.step by step.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
streetMic:
Nigerians sha. We are blessed with knowledge.

Yea oo boss. Too much smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
bayocanny:

Well we cant say that he went with fake doc cus were not there during his interview, and beside the VO would have banned him hadn't been he went with fake doc but what I know is that he might not be able to convince the VO how related graphic is to account or whatever,
The VO does not have to ban you, if they ban everyone, how many people go enter usa, we have said it here several times, VO doesn't have to ban you , all they will give u is 214b. Only a hardened VO will ban anyone, a lot of people have gone with fake and they got their visa, it doesn't mean the VO is not in his right senses. It could just be a lucky day. If you do not get banned p, then count yourself lucky if you get 214b
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
PrettyPie:

Yes. I guess i meant i first student visa.
So you have more than one student visa? What happened to the first one ? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
Horayce:
Guys pls which is preferable? one way ticket or return? my friend advised i use return but i can't see any affordable return ticket. Thanks
Why return ticket ? Is that your friend working at POE? This is one reason why people are sent back from POE. Walspring, have u seen ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
worry359:

The ONLY people that can answer this question are the U.S.A. Embassy!

You are wasting time by posting the question here for people who can only guess or give rumors!
Someone might have gotten emergency date and might be willing to give him an idea of what to do , if everything we do here is guess and rumor, then why do people come here everyday to give success stories.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2014
Walspring:

Maybe his gpa is low.. But trust me he can secure visa with UG provided he can defend himself and give a good reason why he is starting UG afresh..

Okay bro.

Maybe he can give genuine reasons is another case entirely..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
Walspring:

They will do emergency for you and you wont know it emergency and you will just pay money for what you can do yourself..
I thought before emergency will be granted they need a copy of my i-20?
And I was denied visa few days ago which makes emergency date impossible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PrettyPie(f): 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2014
zeezahbee:
So you have more than one student visa? What happened to the first one ? undecided

It got expired. I visited home and had to get a new visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
zeezahbee:
Why return ticket ? Is that your friend working at POE? This is one reason why people are sent back from POE. Walspring, have u seen ?
Yes, my friend works at POE, has that made your day?

@ Wals, I already booked a one way ticket : qatar lagos-doha-houston. All goes well I shud be in obamaland by new year cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
djmakson:
@sabiguy and @siriddy: I appreciate you guys. Thanks for educating me. I have been able to make my payment using Paypal. Information is KEY.

Wishing everyone in here success.
Pls bro.,how much is the current charge for the test?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 10:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
Ctemi:

No,you can pm me
Pm sent,awaiting ur response ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
Please house ...A friend really need u guyz help...

The date of birth on her transcript issued by her school doesn't correlate with d ones on every of her other documents and certificates...One of schools she applied to mailed her that she should get a proof that the transcript belongs to her (tho d transcript was sent directly from her school)...she's trying to ask what to do and hope this won't alter her admission from dis school and d other schools she applied to...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by efiyefaa: 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
MY TRAVEL STORY PART 2.
Hey all how are you great i hope congrats to new visa holders!
So my story continues.... I requested water from the air host but was so shaky that i poured half of it all over everybody around! i was soo embarrassed i wanted the ground to open up and let me pass underground to my seat! i got to my seat the flight to Abu Dhabi was uneventful, except that they UN-boarded one guy( i dunno why). we got to Abu Dhabi they have a USA border control point there so it was like landing at a USA POE. the USA C.B.P( Customs and border Protection) officer requested my I-20 and Sevis fee receipt i gave it to him, he took my finger print and a picture, then suddenly said i was too early that i am supposed to show up next week and not this week so i have to go back and return! oh boy!!! poo nearly comot for yansh! i was like WHAT? He said yes that the date on my I-20 shows that 30 days is supposed top start a week from now, but i should hold on he would have to take it to his superiors so i followed him to the secondary waiting area he put my docs in an envelop and told me to wait. this was 30 mins to my flight take off i sat down and did a serious prayer session a white guy came out called my name and asked me why i showed up too early, i explained to him that according to the dates i have i am actually coming on the after the first day of my 30 days he asked for proof of that then i gave him my admission letter he read it, took it to someone else and told the person i was right that its the schools fault apparently the dates on my admission letter and I-20 are different so they went thru my bag saw my fish dint raise any eyebrows about it helped me seal it up properly, by this time the airline staff was there to ask if the plane was going to go without me they said no that i am done they should wait for me, so they stamped my passport and off i went on a mad dash to catch up with the plane again!
i got in successfully, drank water(thankfully i didn't pour it on anyone lol) the flight to LAX was uneventful too just loooooong. i got to lax didn't have to go through border patrol again just straight to baggage claim then discovered my bags were both missing! i filed a report some of etihad staffs came gave me forms to fill and all that, another one came, a lady called Mona she asked for my passport that she wanted to take a picture of it i gave it to her, then she gave me an envelop with 40dolls as compensation while they look for the bags thinking my passport was amongst what she gave me i walked away. as i got to the door i started checking for my passport alas it wasn't with me i quickly went back i didn't see it ion the floor so i went to her and she claimed to have given it to me. all the other people there said they saw me give her but didn't take note to see her return it. and THAT IS HOW MY PASSPORT GOT LOST! its been 2weeks now still haven't seen it the Nigerian embassies are all 4-8 hours away by air! they said i have to come physically for a new passport or wait till April when they come to Los Angeles. I have informed my school of the situation and they said its no problem that im safe, whenever i get a new passport i should just bring it in. but my question to the gurus in the house is this
CAN I GET SSN WITHOUT PASSPORT?
CAN I OPEN BANK ACCOUNT WITHOUT PASSPORT?
I need to be able to work so i can pay my rent and other things.
PLEASE HELP A VERY SCARED SISTER IN OBAMALAND WITHOUT PASSPORT

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bayocanny: 11:31pm On Dec 20, 2014
[/b][b][b][/b]
zeezahbee:
The VO does not have to ban you, if they ban everyone, how many people go enter usa, we have said it here several times, VO doesn't have to ban you , all they will give u is 214b. Only a hardened VO will ban anyone, a lot of people have gone with fake and they got their visa, it doesn't mean the VO is not in his right senses. It could just be a lucky day. If you do not get banned p, then count yourself lucky if you get 214b
That possessive Noun wey u dey use na something else o, I'm not the one that went to the embassy nah. Nothing would make me use fake docs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bayocanny: 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
efiyefaa:
MY TRAVEL STORY PART 2.
So my story continues.... I requested water from the air host but was so shaky that i poured half of it all over everybody around! i was soo embarrassed i wanted the ground to open up and let me pass underground to my seat! i got to my seat the flight to Abu Dhabi was uneventful, except that they UN-boarded one guy( i dunno why). we got to Abu Dhabi they have a USA border control point there so it was like landing at a USA POE. the USA C.B.P( Customs and border Protection) officer requested my I-20 and Sevis fee receipt i gave it to him, he took my finger print and a picture, then suddenly said i was too early that i am supposed to show up next week and not this week so i have to go back and return! oh boy!!! poo nearly comot for yansh! i was like WHAT? He said yes that the date on my I-20 shows that 30 days is supposed top start a week from now, but i should hold on he would have to take it to his superiors so i followed him to the secondary waiting area he put my docs in an envelop and told me to wait. this was 30 mins to my flight take off i sat down and did a serious prayer session a white guy came out called my name and asked me why i showed up too early, i explained to him that according to the dates i have i am actually coming on the after the first day of my 30 days he asked for proof of that then i gave him my admission letter he read it, took it to someone else and told the person i was right that its the schools fault apparently the dates on my admission letter and I-20 are different so they went thru my bag saw my fish dint raise any eyebrows about it helped me seal it up properly, by this time the airline staff was there to ask if the plane was going to go without me they said no that i am done they should wait for me, so they stamped my passport and off i went on a mad dash to catch up with the plane again!
i got in successfully, drank water(thankfully i didn't pour it on anyone lol) the flight to LAX was uneventful too just loooooong. i got to lax didn't have to go through border patrol again just straight to baggage claim then discovered my bags were both missing! i filed a report some of etihad staffs came gave me forms to fill and all that, another one came, a lady called Mona she asked for my passport that she wanted to take a picture of it i gave it to her, then she gave me an envelop with 40dolls as compensation while they look for the bags thinking my passport was amongst what she gave me i walked away. as i got to the door i started checking for my passport alas it wasn't with me i quickly went back i didn't see it ion the floor so i went to her and she claimed to have given it to me. all the other people there said they saw me give her but didn't take note to see her return it. and THAT IS HOW MY PASSPORT GOT LOST! its been 2weeks now still haven't seen it the Nigerian embassies are all 4-8 hours away by air! they said i have to come physically for a new passport or wait till April when they come to Los Angeles. I have informed my school of the situation and they said its no problem that im safe, whenever i get a new passport i should just bring it in. but my question to the gurus in the house is this

No problem okay, just calm down since your school has assured u that u are Good well I don't see anything to panic about the work and bank issues, its something u can address to them and explain how u lost ur passport I believe at this point in time your school will intervene in whatever u want to do that may. involve presenting your passport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by frankarecords: 12:10am On Dec 21, 2014
Mzzdorah:

cry shocked am also waiting ooo... I applied yestdy
Hopefully dey shuld reply on Monday... Dats my prayer
Yes ooo God have already done it for us.plz messg me when thy reply u oooo and I will do same when thy reply me.all the best broda.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 12:20am On Dec 21, 2014
efiyefaa:
MY TRAVEL STORY PART 2.

Babe check ur bags well.. Some of your village people hide de follow u reach Yankee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 12:20am On Dec 21, 2014
streetMic:
Check Uni. of Northern Dakota and Southern Illinois Univ. 2.7 will do fine.

I'm having 2.7 too o... Let's hook up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 12:22am On Dec 21, 2014
Pls I'm taking gre by February pls I need help on writing.. Dats d only lack for now..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 12:23am On Dec 21, 2014
udeyokay:

I thought before emergency will be granted they need a copy of my i-20?
And I was denied visa few days ago which makes emergency date impossible.

Like I said earlier, there are 'backdoor' ways to get you an appointment which are not necessarily emergency appointments..My advice-change your passwords etc asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 21, 2014
ridimic1:
Pls I'm taking gre by February pls I need help on writing.. Dats d only lack for now..

First.
Have a plan.
Spend the first 2 minutes on a plan.
Here's what I mean by plan
paragraph 1:
idea
Body
Example.

Paragraph 2:
Idea
Body
Example .

You should have at least five paragraphs
Introduction
Body 1-4
Conclusion.

In your introduction. Please don't talk too much. Just introduce your stance on the topic.
Body 1-4. Distinct ideas with coherent continuation. There must be examples.
These paragraphs 1-4 must agree with the introduction.
Conclusion by summarising your points.

Now you've done all of these.
If you don't punctuate well you won't score beyond 4.
To score between 5-6, you must punctuate well.
Remember all spellings should be American. No colour, doughnuts (donut) etc.

Also practice typing on a computer. The longer the better.
Proof read your work 5 mins to the end of the essay.
Do this, and you're getting a solid 5 (93rd percentile)
Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mzzdorah(f): 1:06am On Dec 21, 2014
frankarecords:

Yes ooo God have already done it for us.plz messg me when thy reply u oooo and I will do same when thy reply me.all the best broda.

Okay bro... But am sista ooo not broda grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 21, 2014
Kaplan is a good resource for the writing section.
ridimic1:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 7:11am On Dec 21, 2014
sirRiddy:
Kaplan is a good resource for the writing section.

Thanks boss I will gv it a try
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 7:20am On Dec 21, 2014
ridimic1:

i am in same boat as u o bros..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 7:24am On Dec 21, 2014
ridimic1:

I'm having 2.7 too o... Let's hook up

2.7 on a 5.0 or 2.7 on a 4.0? Answer this before you proceed further.

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 260
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.