Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,905 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865877 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
EJINNE:

My observation from your transcript:

*The school was recommended to you; not that you really dug it out, it was just recommended.

*You chose the school because they respond well and fast. That's not a good reason to choose schools

* You want to study in the US because your new colleagues recruited at work got foreign certificate and because you don't want to feel oppressed by working under them by not being the supervisor. That's not only wrong but also portray some 'not so good' impressions!

* Have you paid your sevis?? Just say yes why would u ask VO if they want to see evidence! Now thats being too forward.

Well like i said, its just my observation and opinion. It doesnt mean that's what it is you don't have anything to worry about. Since they didn't collect any of your document including passport, I suggest its a slow denial. Slow denial happens when a VO feels unfair to say NO!;

Wait for their call hopefully they'll call u.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 5:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
Alright. You need to find the guy I mentioned in the post. I guess you are in the US already?

ridimic1:

I'm having 2.7 too o... Let's hook up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
@ sabiguy tnx for ur opinion but I dnt tink same way u did cos dere was smtyn u failed to hit on.... my case was entered into deir system a day bfor my interview, meaning woreva it was dat brot abt d A.P was not from d answers I gave but frm info provided on ds 160 perhaps.
* wen I sed recommendatn in my post i also dint 4gt to write intensive researching on d recommended schl pickn oda schls as comparative ssamples
* not colleagues at wrk, freshly recruited graduates under my supervision and dat ofcos is reasonable enof for any supervisor to be on his toes
* Wen I asked if she wld lyk to see d evidence, it was done in a calm and friendly manner and not sme kind of arrogancy display moreso d few ppl dat got deir visas dat moryn were asked > have u paid ur sevis fees? So for me to ve gotten to dat last questn its definitely a strong beam of hope and nt a resemblance of slow denial... tnx for ur tym and opinion anyway. Wld update u soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kwenu: 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
guys please , what is instate and out of state? i m visiting some USA school website out of state tuition , instate tuition? some should please tell/ explain
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
EJINNE:
Thnxx @ claasicalmusic
@ osahon9 if u folo well, u wld c I wrote... no document was collected.

Last time I checked, you complete your ds160 before going for the interview. There is a section for work experience/training Where you fill in where you work, how much you earn and stuffs. So you think they can't verify these right?

So if your application is waterproof, and what you filled in ur ds160 is correct, why not wait for them to give you a call.

For your information, your application is scored before your interview. when you come in for the interview, it's just for you to convince them that you are a genuine student and not an intending immigrant.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
Good day group, I was wondering how I can send my waec result to Wes for evaluation and how long it takes. I'm applying for undergraduate in d US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
kwenu:
guys please , what is instate and out of state? i m visiting some USA school website out of state tuition , instate tuition? some should please tell/ explain

Instate is like indigenous/locals while out of state is foreign I guess
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 5:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
kwenu:

In state for locals or indigenes of the state. While out of state is for those outside the state and internationals.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
EJINNE:
Thnxx @ claasicalmusic
@ osahon9 if u folo well, u wld c I wrote... no document was collected.
rare case they don't. They send delegates down to verify you degrees and other information you filled in your ds160.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
It's good to be home on nairaland again after a week of bombardment of tasks.

What sup guys?

Slimmy05, Walspring etc and other new members, hope you guys are doing great?

Visa celebration is never delightful without your success transcript posted here!

Wax strong my brothers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
@Osahon9 I agree with your views no doubt and trust me nothin personal bro... I mentioned no document was collected since u mention in ur first response dat... as long as I dint submit any fake doc..
@slimmy05 tort as much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
@ jenns, richard4ssky, namdo64, coobboy, Chaleeee, Ctemi and Horayce

Cheers guys!

It's better late than never!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
JabinodelaRatta:
I glorify your name in all the earth...I magnify your name in all the earth..., all thanks and praise to Jehovah God who did it this morning for me!! Visa granted this morning at the US embassy, Lagos. Transcript coming soon!!

Cheers bro!

Lol..... expecting this coming?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
JabinodelaRatta:

Also, a very big thanks to the prof, Sir Imperiouxx. This bro is something else...lolzz, if he were to be a member of the admission committee, applicants would need the extra grace of God to fully convince and satisfy him. He critiqued my sop line by line in its very details. He made me went into extensive research and reading, sometimes taking three weeks for me to respond. At a point I almost got exhausted and was like “what’s this man own self” lolzz. However, it was worthwhile- it paid off. Thank you very much Sir!!

Yeeeees... I remember you now. lols..... don't mind me joor. You come run away at last grin

It's easy to learn to critique papers after I passed through such diagnostic critiques when I was writing my master's thesis.

And it's nice the way you posted your long transcript in quote. It prevents those who like quoting long story and spamming the thread.

God bless you my brother!

Enjoy! Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
Good day group, I was wondering how I can send my waec result to Wes for evaluation and how long it takes. I'm applying for undergraduate in d US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by frankarecords: 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
osahons9:

Last time I checked, you complete your ds160 before going for the interview. There is a section for work experience/training Where you fill in where you work, how much you earn and stuffs. So you think they can't verify these right?

So if your application is waterproof, and what you filled in ur ds160 is correct, why not wait for them to give you a call.

For your information, your application is scored before your interview. when you come in for the interview, it's just for you to convince them that you are a genuine student and not an intending immigrant.
So very impossible for them to varify where u work and how much u earn.no company will neva give them such info cos there r policies thay cover wokers and dt is tru story.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
JabinodelaRatta:
Sir imperiouxx am earnestly waiting for your shayo

I did now ooo grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
MsNas:

Na so o. They report every tiny thing to SEVIS. Lmao. They called me one day say dem go report me to SEVIS cos I no do vaccination. Shoo? I go do am outside sharp sharp cos they were doing MMR for $70 while health dept was doing it for $9. Awon ole.

Recently I did screening for varicella, rubella, measles, TB, Hepatitis B virus, drugs and physical examination for $400. Crazy! angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
@frankarecords / osahon9..... you are a bit correct but from my little experience they can call your organization just to be sure you are a bonafide staff (work points / trainings).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
jamesflaw:
Good day group, I was wondering how I can send my waec result to Wes for evaluation and how long it takes. I'm applying for undergraduate in d US.

just one with your schools name with it to them...since its undergrad i don't think you need wes.... den de would request for your a scratchcard thats all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
Amefrica:
Glory be to God in the heavens. Finished with a first-class this semester 3.6/4.0 hahaha so happy. I wish everyone coming to North America success too. #MakeAfricaProud

Great! And lol @ the first-class part. Omo naija...... soon na cum laudes you go dey talk.

How cana na?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
imperiouxx:

Cheers bro!

Lol..... expecting this coming?
Congrats mehn so embassy worked today sunday?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
udeyokay:

Congrats mehn so embassy worked today sunday?

I just dey greet that my guy wey don collect em visa such last week ni ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
imperiouxx:

Great! And lol @ the first-class part. Omo naija...... soon na cum laudes you go dey talk.

How cana na?

Hahaha na so baba mi. grin #NaijaNoni

Canada dey oo, winter don dey do us strongest thing cheesy How New York? Heard the news of someone shooting 2 cops and finally killing himself avenging Eric Garner and Mike Brown's death.. Violence isn't the answer sad

Be safe out there bruh. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
Amefrica:

Hahaha na so baba mi. grin #NaijaNoni

Canada dey oo, winter don dey do us strongest thing cheesy How New York? Heard the news of someone shooting 2 cops and finally killing himself avenging Eric Garner and Mike Brown's death.. Violence isn't the answer sad

Be safe out there bruh. smiley

I heard it too yesterday afternoon.

Na dem sabi jor. grin

Thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
imperiouxx:

I heard it too yesterday afternoon.

Na dem sabi jor. grin

Thanks bro.

Anytime bro. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
EJINNE:

These are my questions;

1. Others b4 me did thumbprints of left 4 fingers, why was mine right hand

2. Several items were listed in the paper but only Administrative Processing was ticked. Does it mean oda docs listed doesnt concern me?

3. No document watsoever was taken from me even dough I have all docs redy for vetting Including my p.p, is dis a kind of sign?

4. Upon checking my case number on ceac site a few days later, i discovered that the case number had been entered a day and A.P against it before my interview the next day. Culd dis be as a result of emergency appointment booked or wat else...It read case entered 17th and updated 18th... 18th was my interview date... tnx all.... Baba Imperiox I need ur take on dis pls

You have nothing to worry about. Just hang in there, they'll get back to you this week. Start searching for cheap flights smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
EJINNE:
These are my questions;

1. Others b4 me did thumbprints of left 4 fingers, why was mine right hand

2. Several items were listed in the paper but only Administrative Processing was ticked. Does it mean oda docs listed doesnt concern me?

3. No document watsoever was taken from me even dough I have all docs redy for vetting Including my p.p, is dis a kind of sign?

4. Upon checking my case number on ceac site a few days later, i discovered that the case number had been entered a day and A.P against it before my interview the next day. Culd dis be as a result of emergency appointment booked or wat else...It read case entered 17th and updated 18th... 18th was my interview date... tnx all.... Baba Imperiox I need ur take on dis pls

What document was taken from you for the AP? Well, don't trouble yourself on this. You got AP so as to check the credibility of your submitted documents among which is the self sponsor claim.

You sounded mature and you know what you are doing with the way you convinced even me about why getting a MS degree is necessary.

In short, if you come out clean after the admin processing, the visa would be yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
@Amefrica another first class awaits you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
jakeharris:

just one with your schools name with it to them...since its undergrad i don't think you need wes.... den de would request for your a scratchcard thats all
But they said I need Wes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
@imperiouxx no document was retained, only askd for my i20 and it was returned with my int. Passport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.