Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,061 members, 7,828,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (870303 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 3:50am On Jan 17, 2015
innovativeame:

Na God name I take beg you, no sell am oooo, else I will send Ferguson police down to your abode. cry
I was at your school today. Very nice place. I'm in Chicago now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by famousguy01(m): 5:19am On Jan 17, 2015
NEED UR URGENT HELP MY FELLOW RUMMIES

I've just got admission to a college in us with my i20, but the problem is that I didn't have any visa on my passport yet. And a friend is telling me that I don't have a chance at all in getting the visa, pls how true is this? help shed more light
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:28am On Jan 17, 2015
famousguy01:
NEED UR URGENT HELP MY FELLOW RUMMIES

I've just got admission to a college in us with my i20, but the problem is that I didn't have any visa on my passport yet. And a friend is telling me that I don't have a chance at all in getting the visa, pls how true is this? help shed more light

That really doesn't matter. A lot of folks here got approved with a virgin passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 6:24am On Jan 17, 2015
Walspring:

With or without standardized test
them still need standazed test for transfer? any way give me both .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 6:25am On Jan 17, 2015
teddyrain:
my school lipsrsealed
bro, watin be ur school name?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lastmanstandn(m): 7:08am On Jan 17, 2015
PLEASE HELP.
I-20 Expires next Weds (21)
Got my Visa approved Thursday (15th),
To pick up my passport on Monday, and travel immediately.
I need to find someone to put me through survival instincts in Boston, MA. (because the recent Naira-Dollar slide has take a heavy blow on my planned finances, thus drastically reducing my spending power)

First question, do I need to hold cash as I have just $4,000 in my Domiciliary Account as of today? (thats all 900,000 could buy cry)
Secondly, I saved $2300 with my cousin in Florida few weeks ago, how can I access that from him when I get to Boston?
Thirdly, am I going to get the chance to open an account when I get to Boston?

Infact, many things are just running through my tiny mind right now, please HELP cry cry cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 7:15am On Jan 17, 2015
lastmanstandn:
PLEASE HELP.
I need to find someone to put me through survival instincts in Boston, MA. (because the recent Naira-Dollar slide has take a heavy blow on my planned finances, thus drastically reducing my spending power)

First question, do I need to hold cash as I have just $4,000 in my Domiciliary Account as of today? (thats all 900,000 could buy cry)
Secondly, I saved $2300 with my cousin in Florida few weeks ago, how can I access that from him when I get to Boston?

Infact, many things are just running through my tiny mind right now, please HELP cry cry cry cry cry

1, You dont need to hold big money just hold less than 1000 usd before you leave here and when you get out your can use your card to buy things at Point of sales (POS)

2, Call your cousin to send it to you via WU or MG (you will pay for sending fee) or MO or you go to florida and collect it in cash, better still he can transfer to your US bank account after you open an account there

3, Yes you will have a chance to open account, contact your school international officer to guide you because some documents will be needed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by famousguy01(m): 7:49am On Jan 17, 2015
Amefrica:

That really doesn't matter. A lot of folks here got approved with a virgin passport.

thanks bro, God bless u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lastmanstandn(m): 7:56am On Jan 17, 2015
Walspring:

1, You dont need to hold big money just hold less than 1000 usd before you leave here and when you get out your can use your card to buy things at Point of sales (POS)

2, Call your cousin to send it to you via WU or MG (you will pay for sending fee) or MO or you go to florida and collect it in cash, better still he can transfer to your US bank account after you open an account there

3, Yes you will have a chance to open account, contact your school international officer to guide you because some documents will be needed

Thank you so much brother,
The thing is everything is happening in a rush, i was once denied a Visa Application so my faith was low to the interview, however, i got approved and i am yet to apply for a Card from my Bank, and other logistics are yet to be taken care of. Is there a way I could reach you whenever i run into hassles and need advises from you please...I beg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bolade005: 8:15am On Jan 17, 2015
Walspring:

I advise you to write any of the English test because it will help you in future and not only that since its troy or any other schools, Some do state it on the I-20 that the student does not have English proficiency and when he get to school he will write common entrance for English test.

Am sure that when you get to troy you will write common entrance for English test and pass it before you can start from 100 level or you start with English class for a semester which is times 25 or more of the amount you will use to write toefl of ielts.

Its better to write their toefl or ielts with the cost of maybe $200 or more than getting to the school and start English class that cost over $5000 for a semester unless you go to any of the ets to write toefl there and pass it then you use the result to start 100 level there

Sometimes when some people here advice some people to write any English test, they thought we are wicked but they dont know that we are trying to show them a good path because to school for obamaland no be small money oo

Dont mind the common entrance ooo just using that to pass the message to you so that you can understand what am trying to explain here
Thanks bro for taking the time to give me a detailed explanation. I'm going there for a graduate course and not undergraduate. With this explanation, I will work on writing the exams. The African representative from the school told me to write both TOEFL and GRE.

Please. Who can help me with TOEFL and GRE materials?

I'm beginning to like NL, you guys here are amazing.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 9:29am On Jan 17, 2015
Bolade005:

You are right. It opened on another browser. Thanks.
Good.... Are you going for PG and what course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 9:33am On Jan 17, 2015
teddyrain:
Anyone interested in my school can hook me up.
Which school is that bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bolade005: 9:57am On Jan 17, 2015
kennyrony:

Good.... Are you going for PG and what course
Yeah. Biomedical science.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 17, 2015
lastmanstandn:
PLEASE HELP.

Wow, what's the current exchange rate? Is it this bad now? That's like 225 NGN to 1 USD dude
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 10:37am On Jan 17, 2015
Bolade005:

Yeah. Biomedical science.
Alright. I applied for Environmental Science. Still waiting for admission decision from them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dejiomos(m): 10:44am On Jan 17, 2015
boofydon:
Hello guys, have anybody booked a flight with wakanow? I'm looking for the cheapest deal I can get. Heard booking with agents is far cheaper.

TRy to book online via waka now, it makes much sense i swear, booked Etihad airline wif den online, Lagos to Washington DC, and paid less dan 150k. Arrived 2days ago.
Always refresh d page and look for d best deal , wat u see is wat u get to pay for.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bolade005: 10:44am On Jan 17, 2015
kennyrony:

Alright. I applied for Environmental Science. Still waiting for admission decision from them
At troy?, PG or UG?. Thank God we go fit dey update each other.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dejiomos(m): 10:52am On Jan 17, 2015
Any NL folks in Kentucky, or any nearby zones,....pls pm. @slimmy05, bros u don reach??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 11:43am On Jan 17, 2015
Bolade005:

At troy?, PG or UG?. Thank God we go fit dey update each other.
PG.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 17, 2015
dejiomos:
Any NL folks in Kentucky, or any nearby zones,....pls pm. @slimmy05, bros u don reach??
yeah bro. Not feeling too good though. Got strong headache. Profojah, how are you brother, cold wan tear my bone o. My uncle purposely punish me yesterday. Told me to come out of the terminal, my brother I stood there for 20mins and was shivering, had to beg one akata to give me his phone, the guy didn't even hesitate. I first para for the guy? See this my barrister uncle dey tell him nephew fuuuck you men. cry called my mum and told him he's lost a brother to the American.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 17, 2015
famousguy01:

thanks bro, God bless u

Amen and you too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
slimmy05:
yeah bro. Not feeling too good though. Got strong headache. Profojah, how are you brother, cold wan tear my bone o. My uncle purposely punish me yesterday. Told me to come out of the terminal, my brother I stood there for 20mins and was shivering, had to beg one akata to give me his phone, the guy didn't even hesitate. I first para for the guy? See this my barrister uncle dey tell him nephew fuuuck you men. cry called my mum and told him he's lost a brother to the American.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
slimmy05:
slimmy, gud a 2 knw u arrived safely. Hope we wont loose u to americans too, lol, but which one be akata.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 17, 2015
slimmy05:
I'm gud bro....Thank God for journey mercy...just prep space down for me,..joining u soon
Lest I forget , no forget to dhl snow for me,I wan use am drink garri lol..My regards to Edward Angela,...
Slimmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy Miss u bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2015
Savvyij:
slimmy, gud a 2 knw u arrived safely. Hope we wont loose u to americans too, lol, but which one be akata.
grin Akata= African Americans. The welcome party was very nice. Blood is blood anytime. You don't have a friend anywhere, don't come here having that cheap mindset. Imagine someone I was at his disposal when his sister needed my assistance with school application and visa as well. Told me to pay 80usd to come pick me at the airport and also pay per night for the two days I will be staying over. grin

The only people who can openly without biased mind assist you are the whites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
profojah:

I'm gud bro....Thank God for journey mercy...just prep space down for me,..joining u soon
Lest I forget , no forget to dhl snow for me,I wan use am drink garri lol..My regards to Edward Angela,...
Slimmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy Miss u bro
Are you crushing on that lady. Lol. Well she is single, from Liberia, fat with large belly. She is all yours brotherly. It makes the whole place slippery. Haven't stepped out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
House, please how come I wasn't asked any question at the POE? Not even my name. Just biometrics and pic. Submitted the border document and went for me baggage.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bayocanny: 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
meekpie:

Wow, what's the current exchange rate? Is it this bad now? That's like 225 NGN to 1 USD dude
Nah sir, 1USD = 184NGN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
dejiomos:

TRy to book online via waka now, it makes much sense i swear, booked Etihad airline wif den online, Lagos to Washington DC, and paid less dan 150k. Arrived 2days ago.
Always refresh d page and look for d best deal , wat u see is wat u get to pay for.
Ah! I already booked on united airline's site. undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
juntod:

Madam d madam.. everything is fine here. I was even in Houston for about a week (Xmas and Newyear). Have you started classes for the Spring?
Classes start soon, you were in Houston and you didn't inform me. He dey your body cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dejiomos(m): 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
slimmy05:
House, please how come I wasn't asked any question at the POE? Not even my name. Just biometrics and pic. Submitted the border document and went for me baggage.
Welcome bro, good to knw u arrived safely...pm me ur mobile no, if uv gotten one.
Well my own POE /CBP was at Abu Dhabi airport, passport was stamped der, did Biometrics and all, and dey seized sme foodstuffs from me, tongue including my kilishi!!!...i didnt hav to go thru US customs when i landed at DC sha , i was like....so easy to juss enter yankee like dis!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dejiomos(m): 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
boofydon:
Ah! I already booked on united airline's site. undecided

For how much??

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.