Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (870362 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
dejiomos:

Welcome bro, good to knw u arrived safely...pm me ur mobile no, if uv gotten one.
Well my own POE /CBP was at Abu Dhabi airport, passport was stamped der, did Biometrics and all, and dey seized sme foodstuffs from me, tongue including my kilishi!!!...i didnt hav to go thru US customs when i landed at DC sha , i was like....so easy to juss enter yankee like dis!!!
I didn't take anything. I took Qatar. No line yet. Will enter Walmart today and get a line. Which network did you buy. I will get that simple mobile, but I want more info on pay as you go plan. I don't have no jack to call over here as I don't intend calling anyone apart of people who are beneficial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
slimmy05:
House, please how come I wasn't asked any question at the POE? Not even my name. Just biometrics and pic. Submitted the border document and went for me baggage.

Same thing happened to me on Wednesday ooo.... I was so surprised. And the guy questioned those that were before me ooo☺☺ grin
That's grace anyway
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kaynine59(m): 1:16pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hi guys..... I am new to this USA thread..... Was on the Canadian thread since last year. I got denied Visa to Canada so I wanna apply to both Canada and us this year. Oga Justwise I hail o na u be moderator here sef.... Bad mans

Pls I want to apply to a school in the US. I know most will say go and read all the prev posts but kindly no vex for ur bro. It's part 1-6 d tin many na small info I just need pls.

I just need an outline on what and what I need to know and do. School am applying to resumes in August. What do I need to know as pa Visa Application at d US embassy.

Thanks guys wld appreciate any answers from the gurus and pre-gurus here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 1:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
slimmy05:
I didn't take anything. I took Qatar. No line yet. Will enter Walmart today and get a line. Which network did you buy. I will get that simple mobile, but I want more info on pay as you go plan. I don't have no jack to call over here as I don't intend calling anyone apart of people who are beneficial

@Slimmy try and buy Ultra mobile. That's what am using too. Unlimited local call, text, international text, Internet and 1000 min international call to nigeria and some other countries and it's just $49 per month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 1:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
aadeyi:

@Slimmy try and buy Ultra mobile. That's what am using too. Unlimited local call, text, international text, Internet and 1000 min international call to nigeria and some other countries and it's just $49 per month
I didn't get your reply, check your spam box. My email is doublecrown****
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dejiomos(m): 1:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
slimmy05:
I got dis cricket mobile plan, $40/month, unlimited calls wif high speed data. I carry my old fone come from naija, na only sim got down here. And i heard u can use a calling card for international calls(boss revolution). Am sure u will be fine sha....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
zeezahbee:
I didn't get your reply, check your spam box. My email is doublecrown****

Check again I just replied you some minutes ago
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kaynine59(m): 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
I hail again oh... Sorry for intruding oh I know u guys are a family and I may not be part of u guys but kindly assist me thank U.

Between is there anyone here in Wyoming? Thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
Eeyah...Just be optimistic, bro.
slimmy05:
Am in Chicago with my uncle, flying to TN tomorrow.
Each time I remeber the state of our nation a part of me dies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bolade005: 1:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
kennyrony:

PG.
All the best. Have u submitted all documents?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kaynine59(m): 1:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
Na wa o... Guess am in the wrong thread cry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
slimmy05:
House, please how come I wasn't asked any question at the POE? Not even my name. Just biometrics and pic. Submitted the border document and went for me baggage.
I told u they won't ask u any....DAT juju wey I give u worked but u gast renew am ooo...
Pm me for the renewal fee.... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kaynine59(m): 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
Amefrica boss I hail oh. At least I recognize u from the Canadian thread. This one nobody gree answer man here abeg I need ur lil help thanks a bunch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
Bolade005:

All the best. Have u submitted all documents?
Yea, but i was ask to submit additional documents which av done
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kaynine59(m): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
Profojah and Slimmy05 I hail u oh my oga dem I need una assistance biko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kaynine59(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
Greetings sir hope u can be of assistance. I presume u guys r nice fellows here but Nna ehn dis one nobody gree answer me funny small.. I need ur assistance sir sorry to disturb
kennyrony:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
slimmy05:
Are you crushing on that lady. Lol. Well she is single, from Liberia, fat with large belly. She is all yours brotherly. It makes the whole place slippery. Haven't stepped out.
Mhen I love that lady, her replies is always extraordinarily helpful....Na to ask her out remain now but I need a very thick-solid format wey I fit use..this my naija format no fit hold am...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kaynine59(m): 1:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
Profojah I hail u oh master.. Good Afternoon once again lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2015
kaynine59:
Greetings sir hope u can be of assistance. I presume u guys r nice fellows here but Nna ehn dis one nobody gree answer me funny small.. I need ur assistance sir sorry to disturb

First and foremost you must be willing and ready to write a standardised test if you av not. Thereafter do online, browse for the school that suit u and apply.

Are u going for PG or UG?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bolade005: 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
kennyrony:

I hope to do all that by next week. It's still a long time to go. Have u written TOEFL or any other test?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
kaynine59:
Profojah I hail u oh master.. Good Afternoon once again lipsrsealed
Bro I greet u sir
Try search for schools that offer ur course of study...check their admission requirements..some skols may ask for WES evaluation or oda evaluation from Naces accredited bodies of ur transcript , some will just allow u to send ur transcript directly to dem.
Take the standardize test , GRE / GMAT(masters) depending on the course u wanna study, SAT(underg)..and TOEFL/IELTS..
Get recommendation letters from ur past lecturer and ur Statement of personal interest must be solidly written.....
Try email those schools to get some additional requirement.. Some oga here will also help u in chippin some vital info u need here

To me anyways, US visa is more easier to get if ur assignment is fully done right compare to canny...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kaynine59(m): 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
Thanks for replying me broda.. Anytin u looking for in life u must definately achieve.

I have Toefl from last year scored 87 and the school am applying to requires 61. I don't have GRE... The school doesn't require it. It's boldly stated on their page. Name. Of the school is Casper College and I wanna study Environmental Science. It's an Associate Degree.. Guess u can attribute that to a Diploma cos I intend entering Uni afta d Casper College. The course is for 2years.

My older bro is in Casper Wyoming that's why I wanna school there from his advice so as to cut accommodation costs.

I have mailed the school and was asked to apply. All my docs are set but I wanna seek advice from u guys here dat have more experience cos all I have been trying is Canadian colleges for d past 3years and I have been denied by VO all d time. Your added inputs wld go a long way thank U boss.

kennyrony:

First and foremost you must be willing and ready to write a standardised test if you av not. Thereafter do online, browse for the school that suit u and apply.

Are u going for PG or UG?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kaynine59(m): 2:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
Am humbled by your reply my oga thanks a lot. I wanna apply to Casper college in Wyoming. They don't require GMat or GRE for the course I wanna study just Toefl which I have. I don't know of not writing GRE or GMat is a good idea cos since they don't require it in the school then am thinking if there's any need for it.

I have mailed the school for extra requirements and they have sent to me. I intend mailing it via email to my bro so he can apply for me from the US direct. Cos I applied last year and he has some of my documents for the same school but I forgot about USA and face Canada.

I hear us study visa is easier so that's why I wanna try it this year. Pls any oda added inputs for u will be appreciated. Process of applying for a study permit from us embassy cos I dnt understand that sevis fee of a thing and other things. Canadian app is very diff from USA kindly assist. Thanks
profojah:

Bro I greet u sir
Try search for schools that offer ur course of study...check their admission requirements..some skols may ask for WES evaluation or oda evaluation from Naces accredited bodies of ur transcript , some will just allow u to send ur transcript directly to dem.
Take the standardize test , GRE / GMAT(masters) depending on the course u wanna study, SAT(underg)..and TOEFL/IELTS..
Get recommendation letters from ur past lecturer and ur Statement of personal interest must be solidly written.....
Try email those schools to get some additional requirement.. Some oga here will also help u in chippin some vital info u need here

To me anyways, US visa is more easier to get if ur assignment is fully done right compare to canny...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
dejiomos:

For how much??
$1317
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
kaynine59:
Thanks for replying me broda.. Anytin u looking for in life u must definately achieve.

I have Toefl from last year scored 87 and the school am applying to requires 61. I don't have GRE... The school doesn't require it. It's boldly stated on their page. Name. Of the school is Casper College and I wanna study Environmental Science. It's an Associate Degree.. Guess u can attribute that to a Diplom
cos I intend entering Uni afta d Casper College. The course is for 2years.

My older bro is in Casper Wyoming that's why I wanna school there from his advice so as to cut accommodation costs.

I have mailed the school and was asked to apply. All my docs are set but I wanna seek advice from u guys here dat have more experience cos all I have been trying is Canadian colleges for d past 3years and I have been denied by VO all d time. Your added inputs wld go a long way thank U boss.

Bro that school is a community college and chances of getting a visa is low cos its a CC...change that school, apply to a top class university and make sure u write GRE even if it isn't a requirement( it increase ur chance and the VO will see u as a genuine student)..ur TOEFL score of 87 is still kinda OK
..I'll crave ur indulgence to change that school, if u really wanna get the visa ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
Bolade005:

I hope to do all that by next week. It's still a long time to go. Have u written TOEFL or any other test?
IELTS which is next week
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bolade005: 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
kennyrony:

IELTS which is next week
All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
Good day guy please gurus in da house I have a couple of questions.
1) I got admission to a school In New York. Universa at buffalo SUNY to study nursing, do you think that dats a red card for the embassy folks .would they think I plan to live there.

It's undergraduate studies I'm going for. For 4 years . Took SAT and TOEFL 1620 and 96 respectively.

Please what do you think my chances are.

Thanks in advance. Cheers smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
kaynine59:
Am humbled by your reply my oga thanks a lot. I wanna apply to Casper college in Wyoming. They don't require GMat or GRE for the course I wanna study just Toefl which I have. I don't know of not writing GRE or GMat is a good idea cos since they don't require it in the school then am thinking if there's any need for it.

I have mailed the school for extra requirements and they have sent to me. I intend mailing it via email to my bro so he can apply for me from the US direct. Cos I applied last year and he has some of my documents for the same school but I forgot about USA and face Canada.

I hear us study visa is easier so that's why I wanna try it this year. Pls any oda added inputs for u will be appreciated. Process of applying for a study permit from us embassy cos I dnt understand that sevis fee of a thing and other things. Canadian app is very diff from USA kindly assist. Thanks
Apply to any uni(not CC)in wyoming since you intend to stay very close to ur bro to cut accommodation cost...and #maybe# u transfer to any school of ur choice provided u have their i20s...sha make sure say u write d GRE ..

Abt d sevis ish....when u gt the admission, gurus here will help on how to go abt d payment ....keep informing the house how everything goes ....ok

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kaynine59(m): 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Kai thanks my oga really appreciate the advise. So I need GRE? Mehnn.. Ok I'd find out admission requirements for any Uni in Wyoming. God bless u bro really appreciate. Sure I will. Do that. Thanks again sir
profojah:

Apply to any uni(not CC)in wyoming since you intend to stay very close to ur bro to cut accommodation cost...and #maybe# u transfer to any school of ur choice provided u have their i20s...sha make sure say u write d GRE ..

Abt d sevis ish....when u gt the admission, gurus here will help on how to go abt d payment ....keep informing the house how everything goes ....ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
kaynine59:
Kai thanks my oga really appreciate the advise. So I need GRE? Mehnn.. Ok I'd find out admission requirements for any Uni in Wyoming. God bless u bro really appreciate. Sure I will. Do that. Thanks again sir

Bro. I think you should reapply for admission, try a university. Community colleges are known to lower chances of VISA approval.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
kaynine59:
In Walspring' tone "Let give the thanks to God" grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.