Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,053 members, 7,828,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (870298 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tayhur009: 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
Idazbawz:
lol we thank God my brother... Are you here?

I will join you soon. I see as you dey dominate dem for MI.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
lovable85:
25, 2007
Mehn your chances are slim. If you were to be 16-18 and you graduated high school 2012-14, it could have save your case. A university admission doesn't cost you a thing.Also How do you even want to cover up the 8 years gap?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
tayhur009:

I will join you soon. I see as you dey dominate dem for MI.

No be only you joor grin grin grin

We will join them soon..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 2:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
worry359:
I feel like we should give up trying to tell people about Community College.
They seldom listen and it is repetative now.

Just wait for the "someone should help a brother" plee! angry
I tire o. I just hate to be blunt at times. People don't like hearing the truth.the next minute,they cuss you that you are enemy of progress. Have been on this thread in a while. they will go, get denied and come back to their senses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lovable85(f): 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
Taking toefl, even if the school doesn't need it, or should I just go to Canada instead?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
lovable85:
Taking toefl, even if the school doesn't need it, or should I just go to Canada instead?
You ain't even sure of where you are going undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
lovable85:

Lemme assume that you are lazy and you dont want to write toefl... If the schools in usa says they dont need it, am sure when you get there they will ask you to do English placement test but if you have toefl or ielts, you are good to go..

Take a bold step to write toefl or ielts because it will be a better advantage for you in future.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lovable85(f): 2:13pm On Feb 13, 2015
I'm good to go to close the gap with toefl?, I'm not lazy, I'm just discouraged by all this talk on community college and the interview process and besides, I ve already applied, so wanted to know my chances, so if the stress willl be too much, I want to know if Canada will be better, been through a lot already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
lovable85:
I'm good to go to close the gap with toefl?, I'm not lazy, I'm just discouraged by all this talk on community college and the interview process and besides, I ve already applied, so wanted to know my chances, so if the stress willl be too much, I want to know if Canada will be better, been through a lot already

After everything and when you start to count your success story, am totally sure that you will forget the amount you spent..

Canada is more stressful compare to usa, although i might be wrong with my opinion

Try and apply to university and you will get your I-20 before first week of May..

Send me pm or reply my pm in order to guide you more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ManTiger(m): 2:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
@ all, when a program requires no toefl, Gmat, GRE or SAT and admission has been gotten with I-20
Can a VO insist on one presenting any of the above?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
ManTiger:
@ all, when a program requires no toefl, Gmat, GRE or SAT and admission has been gotten with I-20
Can a VO insist on one presenting any of the above?

Thanks.

No VO insist that you write test before granting visa but they use that sometimes/most times as part of the reason for not approving visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amnesia: 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
Hi house I'm 17 prospective undergraduate, I graduated 2013 (9 distinctions in WASSCE and 2000 in SAT) currently awaiting my commonapp college decisions. Do I need anything else
cc- profojah walspring zeezahbee msnas slimmy05
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by samnoah(m): 2:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
I am finally back on this thread again after a long while. It is good to know that a few people on the thread hustling for visa about a year or two ago are now on the Obama soil. I learnt a few others have also pursue some other options, like @Amefrica now in Canada and @dolapobello1 now in UK. I am glad to see generals like @imperioux and others still helping out here. I am finally back at a crucial stage. I just got a PhD offer at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign with commensurate funding. Will be posting a few questions as my visa application process picks up. Great house!

PS:
Please for those of us considering community colleges, please listen to the guys here on this matter or go back and read testimonies of others within the thread to enlighten yourself. Its usually amount to like 1% of CC applicants scaling through the visa hurdle.
ONE LOVE!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
amnesia:
Hi house I'm 17 prospective undergraduate, I graduated 2013 (9 distinctions in WASSCE and 2000 in SAT) currently awaiting my commonapp college decisions. Do I need anything else
cc- profojah walspring zeezahbee msnas slimmy05

Which university do you apply to

With this your good grade and score, Apply to a better university that will grant you scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amnesia: 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
Walspring:

Which university do you apply to

With this your good grade and score, Apply to a better university that will grant you scholarship
UC BERKELEY
HARVARD
STANFORD
UC LOS ANGELES
DUKE
UNI OF ARIZONA
MIT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
wow PhD at UIUC? shocked
That is a good one. Thanks for checking on us. Abegi make una dey remember to come to give advice anytime you free. Thanks.
samnoah:
I am finally back on this thread again after a long while. It is good to know that a few people on the thread hustling for visa about a year or two ago are now on the Obama soil. I learnt a few others have also pursue some other options, like @Amefrica now in Canada and @dolapobello1 now in UK. I am glad to see generals like @imperioux and others still helping out here. I am finally back at a crucial stage. I just got a PhD offer at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign with commensurate funding. Will be posting a few questions as my visa application process picks up. Great house!

PS:
Please for those of us considering community colleges, please listen to the guys here on this matter or go back and read testimonies of others within the thread to enlighten yourself. Its usually amount to like 1% of CC applicants scaling through the visa hurdle.
ONE LOVE!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ManTiger(m): 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
Walspring:

No VO insist that you write test before granting visa but they use that sometimes/most times as part of the reason for not approving visa.

Thanks bro for your prompt response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:54pm On Feb 13, 2015
amnesia:

UC BERKELEY
HARVARD
STANFORD
UC LOS ANGELES
DUKE
UNI OF ARIZONA
MIT

Good schools they are.. I hope you also apply for scholarship too

Are you a member of EducationUSA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:55pm On Feb 13, 2015
ManTiger:

Thanks bro for your prompt response.

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amnesia: 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
Walspring:

Good schools they are..

No.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by samnoah(m): 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
sirRiddy:
wow PhD at UIUC? shocked
That is a good one. Thanks for checking on us. Abegi make una dey remember to come to give advice anytime you free. Thanks.

Thanks bro. I am now back and promise to remain to contribute my quota as others have been doing @foohard, I see you o grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amnesia: 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
Walspring:

Good schools they are.. I hope you also apply for scholarship too

I completed my college board International Fin. Aid forms and have submitted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
amnesia:
I completed my college board International Fin. Aid forms and have submitted

Which of the school send you the form

Do you stay in lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
amnesia:
No.

Okay grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
lovable85:
Don't mind what they are saying about community college jare....Community college is very very good. TOEFL or any other standardize test is not even needed..and who says you're lazy?.don't mind them... undecided . .... Make sure u fast for 30days before going to the embassy sha.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amnesia: 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
Walspring:

Which of the school send you the form

Do you stay in lagos
All.
Yes I stay in Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
amnesia:

All.
Yes I stay in Lagos

Which side in lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
profojah:

Don't mind what they are saying about community college jare....Community college is very very good. TOEFL or any other standardize test is not even needed..and who says you're lazy?.don't mind them... undecided . .... Make sure u fast for 30days before going to the embassy sha.....

Hmmmmmm...

make God help us...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amnesia: 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
Walspring:

Which side in lagos
Akoka.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
amnesia:
Akoka.

Okay...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amnesia: 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
Walspring:

Okay...
oh, actually sire, the schools don't send you the forms, if you have written SAT exam, you automatically have a college board account. You then proceed to the Financial Aid category and fill the forms; since COLLEGEBOARD doesn't accept credit cards from Nigerians, I mailed the international offices of all the colleges, after verification, they each sent me a fee waiver code instead.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
amnesia:

oh, actually sire, the schools don't send you the forms, if you have written SAT exam, you automatically have a college board account. You then proceed to the Financial Aid category and fill the forms; since COLLEGEBOARD doesn't accept credit cards from Nigerians, I mailed the international offices of all the colleges, after verification, they each sent me a fee waiver code instead.

Okay big boss...

Thanks....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.