Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868034 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2015
good luck charlie
if you had known me when i was the real zeezahbee. you wont venture into quoting me. i will let this slide. goodluck
ripleus:
When logic fails, people resort to ad hominems. Simply face the issue, mba.

If you were truly in a graduate program, you'd know that the reputation of the program is what matters, and never even the name of the school. For my research interest, it is ranked third in the US, only after Brown University and Princeton.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2015
slimmy05, aadeyi. where are you ? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
zeezahbee:
good luck charlie
if you had known me when i was the real zeezahbee. you wont venture into quoting me. i will let this slide. goodluck

I guess it's something to be proud of, to have the reputation of a troll.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
ripleus:

I guess it's something to be proud of, to have the reputation of a troll.
am a troll in just this thread. tongue tongue tongue tongue. its an achievement right. plonker cheesy
oya i forgive u before justwise get angry cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
i haff a life already cheesy cheesy cheesy oya sorry cool
ripleus:

Makes sense, especially right after calling me a plonker. Get a life, madam.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2015
You ehn cheesy
contunu. How are you?
zeezahbee:
i haff a life already cheesy cheesy cheesy oya sorry cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 27, 2015
Hey bro. I sight you.
gunther6:

I'll strive to do that, but with the dollarization of everything, no be beans lol and the stress of going to OAU for transcript and bros i don search. Applied to four schools previously I'm adding two more schools. I'm searching for coded, generous school and slimmy was a big help. God bless our hustles and we'll all get to the top. My sincere gratitude to Ms Nas, Slimmy, SirRiddy(greatest gba gba) and a whole lot of other people that keep this thread working.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sqlerror: 3:43pm On Mar 27, 2015
zeezahbee:
so it was adeboy007 that said this. cheesy cheesy he was obviously exaggerating. i will ping him that his transcript is causing wahala

Exaggerating? You talk as if you were there during his interview! If he were exaggerating i am sure the VO would have debunked his claims.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 27, 2015
ripleus:

Thanks. I wish you all the best, as well.
Your visa is sure. You just need to prepare your mind for the study.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gunther6(m): 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2015
sirRiddy:
Hey bro. I sight you.
This dollar spike just damn well nearly doubled cost for bobos.... But we remain undaunted and unbowed.... Where u wan write your toefl for 25th April? My Toefl expired on 8th March... I'm thinking of writing another for this two new schools wey I dey apply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sqlerror: 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2015
ripleus:

Madam go and rest, and face your studies.

I will quote anybody whenever I like. It's not against Nairaland rules. It's you who needs to stop bullying people online.

With all your expletives, it is amusing to hear that you're educated to any extent. I'd expect such language from immature secondary school students grappling with expressions.

Oga abeg na. LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ctemi:

He will have to evaluate his transcript to make it equivalent to Bsc.
.....you mean HND is acceptable after evaluation..?
And pls what is the name of your school...?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gunther6(m): 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2015
ripleus:
@gunther6: You may not need to rewrite TOEFL, if it just expired this month. You can email the schools and ask them. I applied to 5 schools and for each one, I just explained to them and they accepted the old scores / waived TOEFL for me based on the previous scores.

No harm in trying, I'll do just that... Thanks Boss....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 4:48pm On Mar 27, 2015
sirRiddy:
You ehn cheesy
contunu. How are you?
dont talk to me joor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 27, 2015
That dollar matter ehn...hmmm

na May 2 I dey write and I never even begin serious prep. I chose JKK again. My GRE experience there make sense.
And you got accepted into Cornell? Wow
*in profojah's ashewo voice* your head is valid, bro.
gunther6:

This dollar spike just damn well nearly doubled cost for bobos.... But we remain undaunted and unbowed.... Where u wan write your toefl for 25th April? My Toefl expired on 8th March... I'm thinking of writing another for this two new schools wey I dey apply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 4:51pm On Mar 27, 2015
zeezahbee:
dont talk to me joor
Oga ju babe, I zoom you grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2015
*in GEJ's voice* beht wai?
zeezahbee:
dont talk to me joor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by OjaP: 5:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
ripleus:

It is highly encouraged to disclose all info here so others can learn; however, you owe no one any apology/explanation if you chose or decide to do otherwise. Surprisingly you've decided to drop the name of the school. I am so sure many of us here already or will look up the school for future opportunities. I particularly like the way you have handled this including the maturity that you've shown. I will only suggest that you don't go back and forth with any one on the issue again. Ask your questions and move on. We are all here to learn.

As per your statement of account, please get a statement that at least covers your first year. V.Os rarely get to that stage of asking for statements from PhD candidates but there has been cases where they've asked. The reason is not far fetched - what happens to you if you loose your funding or grant at any point during your studies? They want you to have something to fall back on should in case. Although uncommon, they have every right to deny a fully funded PhD student due to insufficient balance in his or her statement of account.

Good luck to you.

P.S - You are right about the reputation of the program. Most oil companies will pick a University of Texas, Austin geology graduate over Harvard.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2015
kunlebal:

Oga ju babe, I zoom you grin
where are you cry cry still going dallas ??/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2015
zeezahbee:
slimmy05, aadeyi. where are you ? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hmmmm.... me just dey wake up ni ooo...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
zeezahbee:
where are you cry cry still going dallas ??/
Enjoying the hot weather of California before heading to Dallas. If you have nice package for me I might route my ticket to Houston wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by FemiFaniKayode: 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
who dey hide baba POST FOR HERE D PERSON NO DEY FEAR
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gunther6(m): 5:49pm On Mar 27, 2015
sirRiddy:
That dollar matter ehn...hmmm

na May 2 I dey write and I never even begin serious prep. I chose JKK again. My GRE experience there make sense.
And you got accepted into Cornell? Wow
*in profojah's ashewo voice* your head is valid, bro.

Did I mention it was a conditional admission(conditioned on passing adv. Calculus and some sh*t when I come and more than $45k in tuition no be beans and I think my GRE helped... But my GPA no do am o but na Industrial and Labour Relations mainly premised on Sociology and I rightfully permed A in all my Soc. Courses but that funding na wahala, 15k or so my mom can swing, 45k ain't valid... Seriously awaiting Alaska and Oklahoma. I will fix my TOEFL today and we'll meet at JKK on 2nd May.... Your head is overVALID bro.... In ProfOjah's voice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
zeezahbee:
have you checked the rating of your so called school. it a catholic school tucked in south bend cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
there acceptance is 21% because its for broke ass like you.
Go prepare for your interview and find a way to put some funds in that your empty account
next time, do not say it outside that some people will spoil your chances. Everyone is wired for success.
Enjoy

Lmao
Zee ejo o ti to kee

Please. Let's leave this aside.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
ripleus, make sure say you reserve space for me in Indiana. Surely heading that route soon.

Zee, no vex. He is a nice guy, atleast he understands.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2015
slimmy05:
ripleus, make sure say you reserve space for me in Indiana. Surely heading that route soon.

Zee, no vex. He is a nice guy, atleast he understands.
slimmy u sef don get pHD admission for indiana.
i don free am. i haff repent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 7:00pm On Mar 27, 2015
ebdib:

Lmao
Zee ejo o ti to kee

Please. Let's leave this aside.
undecided you people sha like looking for my trouble. i haff repent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
zeezahbee:
slimmy u sef don get pHD admission for indiana.
i don free am. i haff repent
grin I dey compile school for fall 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.