Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,844 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866196 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ogunn(m): 6:12pm On May 11, 2015
Visa approved today at the American Consulate in Lagos. Appointment time was 6:30 am. Left home around 4:55 after a long prayer and thanksgiving to God that I was surely getting this visa, picked bus and alighted at Walter Carrington.
I was about queueing before I was told I will not to allowed to take in my bag. So I went to large car park, found a woman with a set of cupboards for keeping confidential things. So I dropped my bag with her after paying her 1k.
***fast forward**** I queued till I was called in. Did all the security "senrenren", had my documents checked and sat. My heart was beating fast.
After about 20 Minutes, we were lined up into the consulate.
I joined the first line thinking it was the interview straight. I could hear my heart bang! Alas, it was my documents that were to be verified. After the verification, I joined the real queue for the interview.
The lady before me going for nursing gave a good reason for being interested in the course, that she had a pregnant aunt who lost both her pregnancy and her life due to poor nursing and she got the visa. I was called to the same window.
I was called to the window 7. To the Interview:
Me: Good Morning.
VO: (she collects my documents and scans my finger) Where are you going to?
Me: University of Mississippi
(Types for some seconds, while I kept my eyes on her)
VO: For Masters?
Me: Yes
VO: What course?
Me: Masters in Foreign Languages and Literature
(VO continues typing)
VO: How did you know about the school?
Me: It was recommended by my undergraduate professor and I made a review on the internet for schools whose curriculum fits my goals and ambition.
VO: So, who is financing this?
Me: I have full scholarship with Stipends, Tuition waiver and Health Insurance. But my uncle will also support me with the other costs.
VO: Oh! So why Foreign Languages? Are you going to learn a new language?
Me: No, I am going to study for advanced knowledge in foreign language, linguistics and also minor in International Relations between Germany, USA and Africa.
VO: So, how many schools did you apply to? Did you write any exams?
Me: 5 Schools and I got admitted by 2. Missouri and Mississippi, both with full scholarships. I took both GRE and TOEFL.
VO: What is your GRE score?
Me: 279 (I did not take the GRE Serious cos my graduate advisor in the school told me it was only needed as requirement for documentation by the school and I had an email to that effect)
VO: Pass me your score sheet
(I give her and she perused and pondered on the score sheet)
VO: What are you doing right now?
Me: I work as a Project Assistant at the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Nigeria.
VO: So what did you study in your undergraduate?
Me: European Studies (German)
VO: So you speak German?
Me: Yes I do.
VO: So why Languages? German?
Me: Foreign languages are relevant for both developed and developing countries.
VO: So what do you intend to do with this course?
Me: I will continue to work in my current office in Nigeria (I had a letter stating I was going for study leave but was not asked to tender it), and I go into lecturing later
VO: Ok..Can I see the admission Letter that states you have a full scholarship?
(I pass her my admission letter and a printed email from my Advisor stating how much scholarship I got and described what I will do as a Graduate/Research Assistant. VO checks the documents and I was already thanking God in my mind).
VO: Your visa has been approved.
Me: Thank you very much. (I packed my documents and left). VO started laughing that they should call me back cos I was zooming off already without the pick-up letter, so I went back.
VO: (laughing) How do you want to pick up your passport without a pick-up letter? ( I just kept laughing and said ) I am very sorry.
VO: Pick up your passport on Thursday at the circled location.
Me: Thank you. (I just zoomed off and bounced off. All of them on the queue were staring at me like this boy is too excited!)
In all in all, I thank God almighty and the contributions on this Site are priceless!! I even asked one of those on queue with me like, Bro are you on NL. He said NO. I told myself, this nigga missed some interview templates tho!
I took my certificate, statement of account, approval of leave letter from my office, my language certificates from German Institute and language course I took in Germany, Birth Certificate, WAEC, Transcript, Letter of Sponsorship! Nothing was requested of these!
I have been to Germany thrice and have a valid German Visa, she did not even do like she saw it.
God first and Confidence: the keys!
Once again, thanks to everyone on this thread! And to others going for interview for Fall semester, fear not and believe in God!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 11, 2015
[quote author=crestasrs post=33634265][/quote]
Congrats ...God bless you too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:41pm On May 11, 2015
ifecttt:
Hi
Good day peeps.
I went to the embassy for interview for a student visa. All my documents were intact except for my bank statement which had a letter incorrectly misspelt (stg like Adewale instead of Adewole) who was supposed to be my sponsor/uncle.
My experience at the Abuja embassy:
Oyinbo: so ure going to Bleep university in Bleep place in America?
Me: yeah
Oyinbo: how did you find out abt d schl
Me: was looking for schools that offered the course online when u stumbled on the school alongside other schools of which this seemed the most suitable.
Oyinbo: whos sponsoring you
Me: my uncle
Oyinbo: can I see his bank statement?
Me: yes please(hands it over)
Oyinbo: (looks intently then asks) your uncle...is he your blood relative?
Me: yes sir
Oyinbo: types ...looks at statement ...hands it over and says hes sorry he can't grant me the visa.

Now my qstn. Did I answer any of the questions wrongly or was it just the bank statement error? and I need advice on better comportment and composure cos I intend applying again with a corrected bank statement cos shool resumes august.

Sorry about your delay and try re fire back.. work on the lapses and read from part 4 to part 6
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:43pm On May 11, 2015
ope4all:
GURUS IN THE HOUSE!!!! PLEASE GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP WITH DUE RESPECT...... PLEASE AM NEW IN THE FORUM A FRIEND OF MINE DIRECTED TO THIS SITE THAT I WILL DEFINATELY GET SOLUTIONS TO MY PROBLEM...
PLEASE I NEED LISTS OF SCHOOLS IN UNITED STATE THAT I CAN APPLY TO AND THE PROCEDURES IN WHICH I CAN APPLY TO THEM. MY UNCLE IS DESPIRATELY HAVING INTEREST IN ME STUDYING ABROAD THATS WHY AM TAKING THIS DRASTIC STEP BEFORE THE INTEREST IN HIM MELT.... AM BEGGING YOU GUYS PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP.

i will be deeply glad to hear from you guys God you all amenn. am anticipating seriosly

You need to be a friend of google so that you can search for school of your choice, you can also read this thread from part 4 to part 6
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:43pm On May 11, 2015
amanze15:
Visa delayed at abuja,
VO: good morning
ME: hi how is it going
VO: pass me ur document
ME: okay * nervous to a fault*
VO: so which school are u going to?!
ME: missouri S&t
VO: what do u do?!!
ME : cry I work as an intern at kogi state rural water and sanitation board * I fall my hand for here cry
VO : whose sponsoring U
ME: my cousin * clearly visible with $50k
VO what does he do?!
ME : he has departmental stores where he sells inported cosmetics
VO: thanks you, I wish u luck in your work and education aspirations u dont qualify now
ME *are u serious* where the real questions*
Pls y'all should advise me. My folks saying I didnt give her all my documents, I was expecting the regular questions, my DS-160 was filled to specification, pls y'all should help me see this interviw thats all she asked?!

Sorry about your delay and dont give up.. Kindly work on the lapses and re fire back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:44pm On May 11, 2015
warriboy21:

Una Don start again with Una bleep bleep undecided
U r asking for favor n u hiding Ur sch which might even be d red flag..

Nigerians n Dia cunning mentality undecided

Lol grin grin grin... Nah NL member you dey see so..

Make God help us all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:47pm On May 11, 2015
ogunn:
Visa approved today at the American Consulate in Lagos. Appointment time was 6:30 am. Left home around 4:55 after a long prayer and thanksgiving to God that I was surely getting this visa, picked bus and alighted at Walter Carrington.
I was about queueing before I was told I will not to allowed to take in my bag. So I went to large car park, found a woman with a set of cupboards for keeping confidential things. So I dropped my bag with her after paying her 1k.
***fast forward**** I queued till I was called in. Did all the security "senrenren", had my documents checked and sat. My heart was beating fast.
After about 20 Minutes, we were lined up into the consulate.
I joined the first line thinking it was the interview straight. I could hear my heart bang! Alas, it was my documents that were to be verified. After the verification, I joined the real queue for the interview.
The lady before me going for nursing gave a good reason for being interested in the course, that she had a pregnant aunt who lost both her pregnancy and her life due to poor nursing and she got the visa. I was called to the same window.
I was called to the window 7. To the Interview:
Me: Good Morning.
VO: (she collects my documents and scans my finger) Where are you going to?
Me: University of Mississippi
(Types for some seconds, while I kept my eyes on her)
VO: For Masters?
Me: Yes
VO: What course?
Me: Masters in Foreign Languages and Literature
(VO continues typing)
VO: How did you know about the school?
Me: It was recommended by my undergraduate professor and I made a review on the internet for schools whose curriculum fits my goals and ambition.
VO: So, who is financing this?
Me: I have full scholarship with Stipends, Tuition waiver and Health Insurance. But my uncle will also support me with the other costs.
VO: Oh! So why Foreign Languages? Are you going to learn a new language?
Me: No, I am going to study for advanced knowledge in foreign language, linguistics and also minor in International Relations between Germany, USA and Africa.
VO: So, how many schools did you apply to? Did you write any exams?
Me: 5 Schools and I got admitted by 2. Missouri and Mississippi, both with full scholarships. I took both GRE and TOEFL.
VO: What is your GRE score?
Me: 279 (I did not take the GRE Serious cos my graduate advisor in the school told me it was only needed as requirement for documentation by the school and I had an email to that effect)
VO: Pass me your score sheet
(I give her and she perused and pondered on the score sheet)
VO: What are you doing right now?
Me: I work as a Project Assistant at the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Nigeria.
VO: So what did you study in your undergraduate?
Me: European Studies (German)
VO: So you speak German?
Me: Yes I do.
VO: So why Languages? German?
Me: Foreign languages are relevant for both developed and developing countries.
VO: So what do you intend to do with this course?
Me: I will continue to work in my current office in Nigeria (I had a letter stating I was going for study leave but was not asked to tender it), and I go into lecturing later
VO: Ok..Can I see the admission Letter that states you have a full scholarship?
(I pass her my admission letter and a printed email from my Advisor stating how much scholarship I got and described what I will do as a Graduate/Research Assistant. VO checks the documents and I was already thanking God in my mind).
VO: Your visa has been approved.
Me: Thank you very much. (I packed my documents and left). VO started laughing that they should call me back cos I was zooming off already without the pick-up letter, so I went back.
VO: (laughing) How do you want to pick up your passport without a pick-up letter? ( I just kept laughing and said ) I am very sorry.
VO: Pick up your passport on Thursday at the circled location.
Me: Thank you. (I just zoomed off and bounced off. All of them on the queue were staring at me like this boy is too excited!)
In all in all, I thank God almighty and the contributions on this Site are priceless!! I even asked one of those on queue with me like, Bro are you on NL. He said NO. I told myself, this nigga missed some interview templates tho!
I took my certificate, statement of account, approval of leave letter from my office, my language certificates from German Institute and language course I took in Germany, Birth Certificate, WAEC, Transcript, Letter of Sponsorship! Nothing was requested of these!
I have been to Germany thrice and have a valid German Visa, she did not even do like she saw it.
God first and Confidence: the keys!
Once again, thanks to everyone on this thread! And to others going for interview for Fall semester, fear not and believe in God!

Congrats bro.. Enjoy your stay in Obamaland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:48pm On May 11, 2015
@crestasrs

Congrats.. Welcome to Obamaland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:59pm On May 11, 2015
imperiouxx:

Wals, sorry I just replied your email now.

I just done with napping cheesy

Sir Imperiouxx, Thanks so much for the reply, Am very grateful

I sent a new message to you again, Kindly check
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by oloyeadeniyi(m): 7:20pm On May 11, 2015
Walspring:

Congrats bro.. Enjoy your stay in Obamaland

Am surprised how you get to have scholarship in all schools you got admission. Please can you share the story of how that was possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by murphyrichy(m): 7:23pm On May 11, 2015
[quote author=OjaP post=3166035

Good luck.[/quote] Hello Good day bro, I saw one of your here on naira land but couldn't quote you because the thread has been locked, please you can really be of help to me. please I seriously need topics I can choose for my Msc thesis in petroleum geology, I need a topic that won't cost me much. i am student of UNIzik. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 7:56pm On May 11, 2015
See God work o my people
@zeezahbee
The guy was told that his sevis record was just terminated by may 5.the day it was released to my sch
Does this mean his grace period just started
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Alani55(m): 7:58pm On May 11, 2015
[quote author=oloyeadeniyi post=33640253]

Am surprised how you get to have scholarship in all schools you got admission. Please can you share the story of how that was possible.

As in ehn. How do you folks bag these scholarships abeg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 8:18pm On May 11, 2015
decreamaster:

Seriously?
What if he did not leave?
Well America is not a police country, he came be here as long as he doesn't fall into Wahala
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 11, 2015
ogunn, good job. virginice wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 8:39pm On May 11, 2015
zeezahbee:
Well America is not a police country, he came be here as long as he doesn't fall into Wahala
See God work o my people
@zeezahbee
The guy was told that his sevis record was just terminated by may 5.the day it was released to my sch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 8:40pm On May 11, 2015
decreamaster:
See God work o my people
@zeezahbee
Just tell your friend to be careful that's all

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by virginice: 8:44pm On May 11, 2015
slimmy05:
ogunn, good job. virginice wink

@slimmy05, something in your eye? I can help blow it out grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 11, 2015
virginice:

@slimmy05, something in your eye? I can help blow it out grin
Yes grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ogunn(m): 9:29pm On May 11, 2015
Walspring:

Sorry about your delay and dont give up.. Kindly work on the lapses and re fire back

Walspring has said it rightly. Refire and go get it bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 10:08pm On May 11, 2015
ogunn:

Walspring has said it rightly. Refire and go get it bro!
thanks
smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bplati: 10:28pm On May 11, 2015
Gurus,
How weighty is MIS (Masters in Information System) in the U.S.? It seems I'm changing my mind to study that against HR? Pls advise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 11:06pm On May 11, 2015
ifecttt:

Abeg make una no vex...I'm obviosly a learner here
Here's the full edited gist and u muss help me since uve yarbed me and I've begged/apologized and adhered to correction(as I hope ur corrections to me wd be a booster and help)

Hi
Good day peeps.
I went to the embassy for interview for a student visa. All my documents were intact except for my bank statement which had a letter incorrectly misspelt (stg like Adewale instead of Adewole) who was supposed to be my sponsor/uncle.
My experience at the Abuja embassy:
Oyinbo: so ure going to Saint Joseph university in Philadelphia usa?
Me: yeah
Oyinbo: how did you find out abt d schl
Me: was looking for schools that offered the course online when u stumbled on the school alongside other schools of which this seemed the most suitable.
Oyinbo: whos sponsoring you
Me: my uncle
Oyinbo: can I see his bank statement?
Me: yes please(hands it over)
Oyinbo: (looks intently then asks) your uncle...is he your blood relative?
Me: yes sir
Oyinbo: types ...looks at statement ...hands it over and says hes sorry he can't grant me the visa.

Now my qstn. Did I answer any of the questions wrongly or was it just the bank statement error? and I need advice on better comportment and composure cos I intend applying again with a corrected bank statement cos shool resumes august.

lol nothin do u wink
nyways i think u didnt give adequate response to hw u found out about d school...ur responses werr kinda shalow..mentioning some
education sites like usnews,collegeboard,princetonreviews cud hv helped,

i also tink d vo was not satisfied wit ur uncles statement...mayb d money no reach or smtin

i wonder y he asked if u wer blood related embarassed

wish u luck..ma real guy smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by f8luv87: 5:43am On May 12, 2015
This site is more helpful than google,people here are more than friends,eager to help you,willing to set you going on the positive side,this is one of the best site I have visited,I wish to have my own testimony someday.God bless all.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 9:24am On May 12, 2015
Good morning guys,please I need your help,my passport expires 1st October 2018 and my year of study must come to an end on or before 31st August 2018 and the gap in between is not up to six month can I use this passport still? thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sammynwaGod(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2015
Got admitted to a school in LA. for about two weeks now still yet to receive the i20 . and am meant to resume July 13 ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sammynwaGod(m): 11:14am On May 12, 2015
bartino:
Good morning guys,please I need your help,my passport expires 1st October 2018 and my year of study must come to an end on or before 31st August 2018 and the gap in between is not up to six month can I use this passport still? thanks in advance

as long as your passport is valid for the first six of your study u can always renew it .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 11:49am On May 12, 2015
sammynwaGod:

as long as your passport is valid for the first six of your study u can always renew it .
okay thanks you mean for the first six months of my study right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 11:50am On May 12, 2015
sammynwaGod:

okay thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sammynwaGod(m): 12:40pm On May 12, 2015
bartino:
okay thanks you mean for the first six months of my study right?

yes for the first six months. u welcome bro.
it's always renewable any were in the world . just locate Nigeria embassy within u . and request for a new one a month before it expires. Nigeria embassy is in Dc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by matthew1234: 2:34pm On May 12, 2015
Hey! My ogas at the top.I hail ooo.Got obamalized today at the lagos embassy today.I learnt alot here.The key to a successful interview is FAVOUR n CONFIDENCE. Interview time 6:30

Got the place very early n was surprised to still see ppl there before me.I was the odd one out cus guys n ladies were all putting on suit while I am having on a blue native attire(no flamboyant design)

Security was like something from prison break.Was interviewed by the white man sitting behind window 2.The follow conversation took place.

VO:pass ur passport pls
ME:ok sir
VO:matthew(he called me by name)y do u wanna go to Kentucky?
ME:To complete a master degree in masscom
VOsadtyped for a while) when did u leave school@
ME:2009 sir
VO:and what have u been doing?
ME:i have been working with Cornerstone educonsult
VO:what do u do there?
ME:Am the public relation officer
VO:what do u do there?(he asked again)i knew I didn't give the right answer instantly
ME:my job is to bridge the gate btw d organization n d public
VOsadstopped talking n continue hitting the keyboard)during all this time we had no eye contact.What does ur father do?
ME:he is a farmer sir
VO:he stopped typing n became interested.What does he produce"?
ME: maize n cassava in large quantity n he also rent out tractors
VOsadHe smiled)he typed for like forever n then asked "what do u like about Kentucky?
ME: the weather sir.Its more like lagos.It is always warm most times(o never reach Yankee before not to talk of ky)i sounded conbinving
VO: you can cum and pick up ur visa on Friday.

I think if u relax n don't memorize things.You are only having a rapport with a person,it will work.Most important,if it is time it is time.Na God get the power.

I was not asked about the school or bank statement.Him no even ask for anything.

Pls who is going to Murray State University.Make we hook up oooo abeg.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sammynwaGod(m): 2:46pm On May 12, 2015
matthew1234:
Hey! My ogas at the top.I hail ooo.Got obamalized today at the lagos embassy today.I learnt alot here.The key to a successful interview is FAVOUR n CONFIDENCE. Interview time 6:30

Got the place very early n was surprised to still see ppl there before me.I was the odd one out cus guys n ladies were all putting on suit while I am having on a blue native attire(no flamboyant design)

Security was like something from prison break.Was interviewed by the white man sitting behind window 2.The follow conversation took place.

VO:pass ur passport pls
ME:ok sir
VO:matthew(he called me by name)y do u wanna go to Kentucky?
ME:To complete a master degree in masscom
VOsadtyped for a while) when did u leave school@
ME:2009 sir
VO:and what have u been doing?
ME:i have been working with Cornerstone educonsult
VO:what do u do there?
ME:Am the public relation officer
VO:what do u do there?(he asked again)i knew I didn't give the right answer instantly
ME:my job is to bridge the gate btw d organization n d public
VOsadstopped talking n continue hitting the keyboard)during all this time we had no eye contact.What does ur father do?
ME:he is a farmer sir
VO:he stopped typing n became interested.What does he produce"?
ME: maize n cassava in large quantity n he also rent out tractors
VOsadHe smiled)he typed for like forever n then asked "what do u like about Kentucky?
ME: the weather sir.Its more like lagos.It is always warm most times(o never reach Yankee before not to talk of ky)i sounded conbinving
VO: you can cum and pick up ur visa on Friday.

I think if u relax n don't memorize things.You are only having a rapport with a person,it will work.Most important,if it is time it is time.Na God get the power.

I was not asked about the school or bank statement.Him no even ask for anything.

Pls who is going to Murray State University.Make we hook up oooo abeg.
congrats bro I tap into your testimony.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.