Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866742 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nikas0005: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
@justwise why did u delete ot hide the comment. @folarge06 psot here the Q&A could be useful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ashigolo(m): 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
Lol...ok
MsNas:

Parker? Lol. No be me you suppose dey ask for Parker for her hand oo. Lol. He should be fine though. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
nikas0005:
@justwise why did u delete ot hide the comment. @folarge06 psot here the Q&A could be useful

But he explained why na. Personally, I'm also not in support of any formula for visa procurement. Each applicant's case is unique.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Kpimp: 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
nikas0005:
Hello good peoples my school waive TOEF and SAT for nigerians , what if the VO ask if I do the any of this test what will be my answer can I still go to register for this exams cuz of everything is set now planing to visit embassy this month. . WHAT SHOULD I DO. Oooooh

Get a letter from ur school stating that both test are waived.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nikas0005: 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
godG:

But he explained why na. Personally, I'm also not in support of any formula for visa procurement. Each applicant's case is unique.
. I thought the guy said is a clue not direct question and anwser , may be for those who have even see the VO before , the message and the messenger re two different thing some time we can appluade the message and forget d messenger or vice visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by barkays001: 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
I have b1/b2 visa and will expire in 2016, is it possible for me to apply for student visa. and what are my chances of getting the visa and if the visa is denied will I still be able to use the B1/B2 to travel? Please gurus in the house I need your contributions. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by justwise(m): 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
nikas0005:

justwise:
@Folarge06

Sorry i have to hid your long post.

Nobody should be given Q&A for US student visa interview, people should prepare and ask questions according to their individual situations. Many end up memorizing these guidelines and when asked a question they gave the memorized one rather than the actual answer.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
Kpimp:

Get a letter from ur school stating that both test are waived.
Your meant to advice the dude to stop being lazy and write one test. Stop the excuse and boost your chance. To get into Nigerian uni, either ways be it entrance, jamb or post utme, a form of test is required. undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by francisabuah: 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
plz gud folks of the house,i want to register for toefl or gre by my self but my first bank visa card ain't workin for it.hearin maybe is becos Ets don't allow or accept any card from naija.plz hw tru is this? and if u hav register'ed urs in the past or recently from naija plz holla and tell me which card u used.thanks and God bless us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
justwise:
@Folarge06

Sorry i have to hid your long post.

Nobody should be given Q&A for US student visa interview, people should prepare and ask questions according to their individual situations. Many end up memorizing these guidelines and when asked a question they gave the memorized one rather than the actual answer.

@ baba Justwise... all correct
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kokegbe(m): 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
I appreciate what is being done here in this forum. Can someone please tell me what to buy and what to ignore while shopping for travel to the USA for masters program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
francisabuah:
plz gud folks of the house,i want to register for toefl or gre by my self but my first bank visa card ain't workin for it.hearin maybe is becos Ets don't allow or accept any card from naija.plz hw tru is this? and if u hav register'ed urs in the past or recently from naija plz holla and tell me which card u used.thanks and God bless us.

Get someone with a verified PayPal account to do that for you. I ordered for additional score report withy PayPal on Thursday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Babalola1990: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
honeyad:

212-966-6311

Oshey padi mi, those clowns kept me on the phone all day long.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by francisabuah: 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
godG:

Get someone with a verified PayPal account to do that for you. I ordered for additional score report withy PayPal on Thursday.
broda don't no anyone wif a PayPal acct.why don't we meet up and u help me use ur acct to pay.or tell me hw to even open a PayPal acct cos I don't no.or rather tell me where u at and we can meet up and u use ur card.plz and thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
francisabuah:

broda don't no anyone wif a PayPal acct.why don't we meet up and u help me use ur acct to pay.or tell me hw to even open a PayPal acct cos I don't no.or rather tell me where u at and we can meet up and u use ur card.plz and thanks.

Unfortunately, I doubt if I'm within your reach. Only if you are in the North Central part of the country. Your best bet now is to open (register for) a PayPal account. After that, you will see a menu, 'Get Verified', click on it and enter your card details. $1.85 will be deducted from your account and a 4-digit code will be sent to you via a debit alert. Enter the code in a box that will pop-up and you are good to go.

Mind you, the debit alert for the $1.85 might not be sent instantly, depending on your bank. However, if you subscribe to Internet banking, you can check your statement of account online and the code will be included.

If your bank is funny as mine, you might need to enter your bank for them to print your SOA that will reflect that particular transaction for you. All things being equal, it shouldn't take more that 5mins to open a verified PayPal account.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Kpimp: 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
slimmy05:
Your meant to advice the dude to stop being lazy and write one test. Stop the excuse and boost your chance. To get into Nigerian uni, either ways be it entrance, jamb or post utme, a form of test is required. undecided

He want to visit d embassy dis month that why I said so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Kpimp: 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
francisabuah:

Open a PayPal account and use it to register
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bbdd: 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
Man UsPs has dealt with me

Sent two transcripts from nacho.
The first one was sent to the wrong state. Instead of Texas it went to Ohio and up till now, sine the 13th of Sept, it was never rerouted and doesn't show any updates

The second one is still in isc new York. Stuck there since 13th.

I've called usps 4 times. They were of no help.
I've tried calling isc new York. They never pick up the phone e.

My people, if you have money. Never ever ever ever ever ever use nipost /usps to send mails.
Sometimes they work fine, sometimes they could frustrate the living daylights out of your system.

I have to request new transcripts and mail with courier. Please who knows a more affordable but reliable courier service?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nikas0005: 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
Kpimp:

He want to visit d embassy dis month that why I said so.
thanks for the info don't mind slimmy05 I have my i_20 already even pay for SEVIS. So do I need to write test when there no time . Maybe u should give me guildline to use register for any Exams

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
nikas0005:
thanks for the info don't mind slimmy05 I have my i_20 already even pay for SEVIS. So do I need to write test when there no time . Maybe u should give me guildline to use register for any Exams
Alright
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
bbdd:

The first one was sent to the wrong state. Instead of Texas it went to Ohio and up till now, sine the 13th of Sept, it was never rerouted and doesn't show any updates

My people, if you have money. Never ever ever ever ever ever use nipost /usps to send mails.
Sometimes they work fine, sometimes they could frustrate the living daylights out of your system.

I have to request new transcripts and mail with courier. Please who knows a more affordable but reliable courier service?

I thought you evaluate your transcript with WES,you should have allow WES to help send the transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
bbdd:

I thought you evaluate your transcript with WES,you should have allow WES to help send the transcript. Maybe you should try TNT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ashigolo:
Lol...ok
Which Parker arr you talking about sef and how do you know I know him?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bbdd: 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ctemi:

I thought you evaluate your transcript with WES,you should have allow WES to help send the transcript. Maybe you should try TNT

Not all the schools I'm applying to need wes.
I'm mailing the transcript directly to the ones that don't need wes

Do you know where tnt office is in lagos?
I tried googling the address. Nothing came up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
bbdd:

Not all the schools I'm applying to need wes.
I'm mailing the transcript directly to the ones that don't need wes

Do you know where tnt office is in lagos?
I tried googling the address. Nothing came up.
I think they have one along Oshodi express way when going to gbagada, can't remember the bus-stop after Trem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 7:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
@bbdd, just google&this the address: Tnt express Nig 147b, Younnis Bashorun off Ajose Adeogun str victoria island. Email: kennethanga@tnt.com. You can also try Tranex courier ltd.28, Oshodi Apapa expressway,Oshodi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bbdd: 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ctemi:
@bbdd, just google&this the address: Tnt express Nig 147b, Younnis Bashorun off Ajose Adeogun str victoria island. Email: kennethanga@tnt.com. You can also try Tranex courier ltd.28, Oshodi Apapa expressway,Oshodi.

Thanks a lot.
Appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GlobalCareers: 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
Hi, is it conpulsory to present a WES evaluated transcript at the consulate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
GlobalCareers:
Hi, is it conpulsory to present a WES evaluated transcript at the consulate?
Not compulsory. But if you have either wes or student copy transcript you're good to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
decreamaster:
Hey guys,what are the required documents to travel inter state in this country?
Is there any?

If you're flying, you need a form of ID-Driver's License or state ID..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GlobalCareers: 8:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
slimmy05:
Not compulsory. But if you have either wes or student copy transcript you're good to go.

@slimmy05, THANKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
slimmy05:
Well the option was there before which is via gtbank online payment. But the option has been disabled due to so many mistakes from customers. So the only payment option now is in person.
Thank you sweetie!

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.