Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,014 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866656 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 7:55am On Oct 05, 2014
Anyone to help pls........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 8:17am On Oct 05, 2014
kennyrony:

Anyone to help pls........

1. Forget January 2015. Target Fall 2015, sir. With that, you will have time to apply and not a fire brigade approach type of application.

2. Evaluating one's transcripts is quite straightforward:

a. Create an account on WES.
b. Pay the service fee depending on one you want.
c. Print the transcript request form from your WES' account and take it to your school to...
d. ...arrange for your transcripts and Certificate from your school.
e. Your school will send the transcripts, you send the photocopy of your certificate ( don't send your original certificate o).
f. WES will acknowledge receipt of the documents after which they will send a mail/fax/email back to your school for verification.
g. After the verification from your school, WES will notify you that your evaluation should be ready in few days time.
h. WES sends evaluated transcripts to your desired address.

3. Based on you evaluated CGPA, you can then start searching for schools, get sharp letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, thick GRE and/or TOEFL scores, then apply.

I hope this helps, sir.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 05, 2014
Idazbawz:
My goons!!!… cheesy
how una dey?? sorry i've been off nairaland… embarassed
Been really busy with yankee girls studies….. grin
so far, so good…
now i have to think about my family at home, friends at home, studies, friends in school and my Saudi Arabian babe cheesy

p.s== i dare not go through my missing Nairaland pages, i gast continue from here wink
hehe ur new gf is lucrative :-) have fun and stay cool :-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Walspring:

You can pay it online... Just try your luck
My man, I don't like to try my luck as certainty is the key here. I will take time out to visit GTB anyways. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 9:39am On Oct 05, 2014
decreamaster:
so dis mean I can't use my int passport instead.shit
But can I go by bus?
You sure can go flying, all the need is an ID and your international passport would suffice as an I.D it would only be needed when your about to fly and the clearing off of your bag to the plane.
Yeah sure, the bus would use your international passport as an I.D also.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 9:41am On Oct 05, 2014
Thanks very much @godG. Pls is it possible for me to meet up with the summer session and again what's the cost of evaluating my transcript. Lastly will my GPA be upgraded. Tnks

godG:

1. Forget January 2015. Target Fall 2015, sir. With that, you will have time to apply and not a fire brigade approach type of application.

2. Evaluating one's transcripts is quite straightforward:

a. Create an account on WES.
b. Pay the service fee depending on one you want.
c. Print the transcript request form from your WES' account and take it to your school to...
d. ...arrange for your transcripts and Certificate from your school.
e. Your school will send the transcripts, you send the photocopy of your certificate ( don't send your original certificate o).
f. WES will acknowledge receipt of the documents after which they will send a mail/fax/email back to your school for verification.
g. After the verification from your school, WES will notify you that your evaluation should be ready in few days time.
h. WES sends evaluated transcripts to your desired address.

3. Based on you evaluated CGPA, you can then start searching for schools, get sharp letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, thick GRE and/or TOEFL scores, then apply.

I hope this helps, sir.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 9:57am On Oct 05, 2014
kennyrony:
Thanks very much @godG. Pls is it possible for me to meet up with the summer session and again what's the cost of evaluating my transcript. Lastly will my GPA be upgraded. Tnks

Ko t'ope, sir.

Summer? I don't get that. Basically with admissions, Spring=January. Fall=August/Sept. I think most schools are on vacation during summer. Sir, you need not rush. Usually, people find it great applying towards fall.

Cost. It depends. In my own case, I spent around 60k. I think the ICAP service (which you should go for) is $185 or so. You don't need to indicate any recipient of your evaluated transcripts now since you really need your evaluated CGPA to determine your choice of school. Just arrange for ICAP and after evaluation, you use $50 to request for evaluated transcripts to be mailed to your desired school with $7 for standard delivery.

Well, it depends on your actual undergraduate CGPA but traditionally, on a 4-point scale, Nigerians fare well when evaluated. In your case, pray it's either it is a bit raised or equal to what you have.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Morris(m): 10:54am On Oct 05, 2014
Any MSc student going to NC A,&T state uni for spring 2015 here?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 11:04am On Oct 05, 2014
Idazbawz:
My goons!!!… cheesy
how una dey?? sorry i've been off nairaland… embarassed
Been really busy with yankee girls studies….. grin
so far, so good…
now i have to think about my family at home, friends at home, studies, friends in school and my Saudi Arabian babe cheesy

p.s== i dare not go through my missing Nairaland pages, i gast continue from here wink
e ka bo sir

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lockupman(m): 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
Thank you very much for this wonderful encouragement.

femiap:

GOD BLESS AMERICA

The country that i love and keep close to my heart, a country that your dreams can come true if you are hardworking, a country where you can attend any college or university without a penny in your pocket throught loans and scholarships.

Whao, its amazing this thread is still alive!!!!!, i joined this thread in August 2010 because i was interested in coming to the U.S for graduate studies and potentially become a citizen of this great country...this thread is part of my success story today, the likes of OJAP, SEEDORD, FEMILANGY, FEMI2020 are part of my success story, my strategy was watch, listen and dissect information from this thread and mold it to my benefit, and that worked for me when i went to the embassy for my student visa interview...( check dec 14 2010 for my interview details on the thread).

With that been said, my journey in America has been a success story with a lot of hardwork, optimism, and dynamism. To cut the long story short, i have two masters now and work as an Information Analyst with one of the biggest banks in the world, i never came here with any large money, i was just optimistic, hopeful, looked unto God . Yea, America is not easy like people say (FOR LAZY PEOPLE), but if you are ready to study hard, beleive you me, you will be ok and not lack.

The purpose of my long epistle is to encourgae you guys....(the ones that are really ready to come study and become someone in life), do not let anybody discourage you, follow your heart and passion, i am a living testimony, i landed at JFK with 70 dollars in my pocket in dec 2010 but as of today i make almost six figures/annum working as a SQL DEVELOPER, i never knew anything about I.T while in Nigeria, but because i was determined to be a change agent for my generation, i strived hard, focused on my masters and through the Grace of God, i dont lack anything because am highly contempted with what i have.

P.S

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD, IT CHANGED MY LIFE AND SOME FRIENDS' LIVES, DO NOT COME TO THE THREAD WITH THE "I KNOW ALL MENTALITY" RATHER, COME HERE TO ASSIMILATE INFORMATION. THANK YOU ALL AND BEST OF LUCK.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by meskezzy(f): 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
Amefrica:

Boss mi! I hail oo.. I never see meat chop for here oo, today even dey boring pass normal dey. No sign, nothing..

This is one of the times, I would wish I was back home. I for don chop meat wound myself. Toilet for don dey cry sef.
lolz oga mi, notin do u.. Hope u are making sense over there sir? Be good

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
coobboy:

You sure can go flying, all the need is an ID and your international passport would suffice as an I.D it would only be needed when your about to fly and the clearing off of your bag to the plane.
Yeah sure, the bus would use your international passport as an I.D also.
Ohh bless u bro,am very grateful for this answer. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by meskezzy(f): 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Walspring:

Same to you... Abeg where e dey happen and shey make i show face
sorry i got this reply late... Na ibadan i dey bro.
2.0 version of the fun is still happening 2day after Chelsea - Arsenal's match.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
decreamaster:

Seriously border mi,I still dey think am o. angry

Hope you've started seeing what we called cold now and not the 25 degree you were talking about. Since yesterday's rain, temperature drops to 10 degree Celsius and so it will continue fluctuating between very low negative and low positive until next year summer (May/June).

Soon no one would be able to go out without heavily padded jacket, gloves and head warmer. So, where do you want to write to about this? cheesy

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
Morris:
Any MSc student going to NC A,&T state uni for spring 2015 here?

Morris, am going there. M.Sc Information Technology. What's up?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Morris(m): 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
azeezbaba:

Morris, am going there. M.Sc Information Technology. What's up?

oh that's great, I am going for M.S in Chemistry. Let's chat in private ok. Pm me ok. am waiting!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Idazbawz(m): 5:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
Joenice:
hehe ur new gf is lucrative :-) have fun and stay cool :-)
yes boss cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Idazbawz(m): 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
Nigerian Independence day was celebrated here in detroit last night... you guys need to witness the turn up.... you should see Nigerian Niggas n niggress getting turnt....With correct naija gbedu, DJ nearly turn everyone to agbero (no forming ) i no know say people bin dey watch naija videos for youtube... different dance style just they flow--Al Qaydah, shoki, sekem, Antenna... etc...

its the best party i've attended so far.... cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Idazbawz(m): 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
PedigreeCity:
Am coming to Michigan
seriously?? where in Michigan?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by opad(m): 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
House, i have my transcript at hand now about to send via courier to WES. Do i send my certificate along or in separate envelope?
Also, is it necessary to print the academic transcript request form?
Thanks much house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
meskezzy:

lolz oga mi, notin do u.. Hope u are making sense over there sir? Be good

We are trying oo.. Thanks man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 6:47pm On Oct 05, 2014
opad:
House, i have my transcript at hand now about to send via courier to WES. Do i send my certificate along or in separate envelope?
Also, is it necessary to print the academic transcript request form?
Thanks much house.

Separate envelope. As in one for your transcripts, the other for ur certificate. Do not write anything on the envelope that contains your transcript. It should be as if your school is the one sending to WES.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
@godG, idazbawz, imperiouxx, Amefrica and all oda bosses hia

Ma skul said ma i-20 wud b given undergrad cos of ma pre-requisites for ma masters programme.

Wats your take on this ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
phemix:
@godG, idazbawz, imperiouxx, Amefrica and all oda bosses hia

Ma skul said ma i-20 wud b given undergrad cos of ma pre-requisites for ma masters programme.

Wats your take on this ?

Sir, why can't they give you a graduate I20 that states the fact that you are auditing some courses on arrival?
The VOs won't see it like that. It is like a bad PR to your intellect. Talk to your advisor.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MissyDivah(f): 7:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
City Of Lakes
Walspring:
@missydivah

Its been a long time, Where have you been
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
godG:

Sir, why can't they give you a graduate I20 that states the fact that you are auditing some courses on arrival?
The VOs won't see it like that. It is like a bad PR to your intellect. Talk to your advisor.

I tire o my brother, VO's wey dey critical like anything.... Na the dean of grad school mail me sef and I have mailed him back that I might not want to take it if they don't effect a change
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
phemix:

I tire o my brother, VO's wey dey critical like anything.... Na the dean of grad school mail me sef and I have mailed him back that I might not want to take it if they don't effect a change

Please, let them know the (negative) effect of that on your visa application. Tell them. If they want you, they should bend!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
godG:

Please, let them know the (negative) effect of that on your visa application. Tell them. If they want you, they should bend!

Them no serz ni, i don use mail hit all of dem sha even the int'l office wey dey issue the i-20, shd get updates, would keep you informed sir. Thanks a lot!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
decreamaster:
so dis mean I can't use my int passport instead.shit
But can I go by bus?

You can definitely use your intl passport too..just not safe carrying it around.
You can travel by bus too-check Greyhound,Megabus etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by meskezzy(f): 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
Amefrica:

We are trying oo.. Thanks man!
bless God

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
Idazbawz:
Padi mi, Walspring!
I been dash you the NLander babes now... you want me to take back control??

what's up with your visa ish na? you never go burst their head for embassy?

that reminds me, who's in Michigan or coming to Michigan

You no like me at all, why you go dash me Nlander babes? shey you don see me parole am before? You funny oooo

Going there to get my own soon...

Dunno anyone in Michigan ooo

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
technolee:
My man, I don't like to try my luck as certainty is the key here. I will take time out to visit GTB anyways. Thank you.

OKay and that's good

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54