Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (871668 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 7:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
exxy:
for those in the states, verizon, sprint, Tmobile and AT&T, which is cheaper

Depends on the data/call plan you want. Try to get on a family plan, if not, lower Tier carriers like Boost mobile, Metro PCS, Simple mobile might be best for you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
smiley Glad to hear that. I just graduated in july from dept of comp sc. What department did you graduate from and in what year?
Mystiqme:

Yes, I did.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
biikeys:
honeyad

Yup,you'll need a Schengen transit visa except you have a US green card

Thanks boss... Do I need to apply for that at the embassy or will I get it at the airport in Madrid ?

I'll be anticipating your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
Dear Justwise, we have got an agent in the house.

nikas0005, don't PM the dude. You can register yourself!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 9:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
@ Boss Imperiouxx. Pls, I have a mail begging for your attention. It was sent on October 1st. I will be glad if you help me animate it. Thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hello everyone. Is it true that you can only view ur GRE scores online? That ETS doesn't send results by mail. Just discovered I've not received my score report 6months after my exam though I got my toefl written around the same time.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by XketchDesigns(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hi guys, promise I will read through the thread when I get the time. I just need some quick answers.

1. Please is there any website I can do a quick search? For schools and courses?
2. Is it a must I do great, or I can get schools that will accept just toefl?
3. When is the average deadline for summer admission?
Thanks guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Hi guys, promise I will read through the thread when I get the time. I just need some quick answers.

1. Please is there any website I can do a quick search? For schools and courses?
Thanks guys.

Are you going for undergraduate or graduate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
nedum360:
Hello everyone. Is it true that you can only view ur GRE scores online? That ETS doesn't send results by mail. Just discovered I've not received my score report 6months after my exam though I got my toefl written around the same time.

You can use the online print out because its seems the new policy is that no more mailing of paper result and the policy is called some GREEN blah blah i cant really remember..

Same thing applicable to sevis, they dont send paper receipt anymore, you can only print them out online from their website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
ahaika23:
what is the ish with community college?

CC dont get or have much reputation in front of most VO and the chance of using it to get visa is very slim... As you can see the name, its for the community and its financed by the money gathered through the community.. So get your visa with a university and you can transfer to CC when you get there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by XketchDesigns(m): 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
Walspring:

Are you going for undergraduate or graduate?
Masters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
@bbdd,godG, I received mail from wes that they have received the document and my status have be updated to evaluation in progress. Thank for your words.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 11:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
Ctemi:
@bbdd,godG, I received mail from wes that they have received the document and my status have be updated to evaluation in progress. Thank for your words.

Wow! Congrats! May the odds always be in your favor. You're welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 11:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
godG:

Wow! Congrats! May the odds always be in your favor. You're welcome.
Amen and you too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 09, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Thanks guys.
msinus.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 09, 2014
Hello gurus...I'm new here..my undergraduate is different from what I wanna study at d msc ...I studied botany at undergraduate and I'm going for msc cyber forensic...what are my chances at the consulate for my interview is this month...please I need una help abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 09, 2014
profojah:
Hello gurus...I'm new here..my undergraduate is different from what I wanna study at d msc ...I studied botany at undergraduate and I'm going for msc cyber forensic...what are my chances at the consulate for my interview is this month...please I need una help abeg
How do you intend to relate botany with cyber forensic?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Morris(m): 12:36am On Oct 09, 2014
main Abuja Embassy date is really flying the closest date in Abuja is 2nd Dec while Lagos is still at 21st Oct.
just to inform those warning up to book for the interview. wish you all great success stories. Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Anonymous1900: 2:48am On Oct 09, 2014
[quote author=meekpie post=26973808][/quote]

Yes your b1/b2 visa is still valid however you need to make sure that the immigration officer at the us port of entry stamps your f1 visa and not your visiting visa so you dont have issues in the country. Your b1/b2 visa will remain valid till the date it expires and also you can renew your f1 visa if it expires before you finish your program. Just get a new i20 from your school saying you are still registered and you can go to the embassy with that. At the moment however you dont need to worry about all that, you will get accustomed to what needs to be done before that time comes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by XketchDesigns(m): 4:29am On Oct 09, 2014
Hi guys, it's me again.
I was able to go through some few pages and I noticed something. Something about transcript evaluation at WES.

Please, can someone give me a bullet run down of the process of applying to a school in the US? From beginning asin fresh fresh to the end. Just make it in bullets, each stage. Thanks. Also wouldn't mind answers to my initial Qs.

slimmy05:
msinus.com
Thanks, but this is a forum with loads of topics and no replys.
I was actually asking about a website that's official and have to do specifically with study in the us. Where you can key in course and it gives a list of schools and other information.
Just like "findamasters.com" but for US schools. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 09, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Hi guys, it's me again.
I was able to go through some few pages and I noticed something. Something about transcript evaluation at WES.

Please, can someone give me a bullet run down of the process of applying to a school in the US? From beginning asin fresh fresh to the end. Just make it in bullets, each stage. Thanks. Also wouldn't mind answers to my initial Qs.

I was actually asking about a website that's official and have to do specifically with study in the us. Where you can key in course and it gives a list of schools and other information.
I think your looking for a quick access. Man, you have to stop being lazy. Just one click I got this from thesame website: http://www.msinus.com/groups/all/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by XketchDesigns(m): 5:09am On Oct 09, 2014
slimmy05:
I think your looking for a quick access. Man, you have to stop being lazy. Just one click I got this from thesame website: http://www.msinus.com/groups/all/
I am looking for a way to narrow down the search. What you provided me is 294 pages with different unis, poly and collages in essence you are trying to say I should do a Google search on each of the unis till I find what I am looking for.
It's normal that countries have a Website dedicated to ease this search, Germany, Norway, Finland all have this websites, it's a normal thing and nothing to do with being lazy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MissyDivah(f): 5:19am On Oct 09, 2014
Disney Land grin
Walspring:

Wow that's good, Although i have been looking for you but remember and have it in mind that i am not 90milla cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

But which of the City of Lakes are you? Is it the one in United States, Canada, India, Vietnam or South Africa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 09, 2014
XketchDesigns:

I am looking for a way to narrow down the search. What you provided me is 294 pages with different unis, poly and collages in essence you are trying to say I should do a Google search on each of the unis till I find what I am looking for.
It's normal that countries have a Website dedicated to ease this search, Germany, Norway, Finland all have this websites, it's a normal thing and nothing to do with being lazy.
usnews.com also have the list of schools in US. You would need to use google and search based on the course and state.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 6:17am On Oct 09, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Hi guys, it's me again.

log on to us news.com, college board, Princeton review.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 09, 2014
slimmy05:
How do you intend to relate botany with cyber forensic?

I have a good knowledge in forensic botany and forensic palynology which is my major during my undergrads and this triggered me opting for cyber forensic..pls bro just help me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by justwise(m): 6:41am On Oct 09, 2014
profojah:

I have a good knowledge in forensic botany and forensic palynology which is my major during my undergrads and this triggered me opting for cyber forensic..pls bro just help me

Those two are world apart, not related at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 7:28am On Oct 09, 2014
honeyad:

Thanks boss... Do I need to apply for that at the embassy or will I get it at the airport in Madrid ?

I'll be anticipating your response.

Anyone please! I need response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 7:29am On Oct 09, 2014
honeyad:
Hello house, do I need a visa to transit at Madrid? My flight is from Lagos-Doha-Madrid-NYC.. Any help will be useful.

Thanks

Anyone please... I need response

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.