Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866670 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
godG:

Consider locating someone coming to Nigeria. If you can't, embrace courier. cheesy If you can't, just post it and tell your friend to be expecting it in 2 weeks or a month while fasting and praying!
Post as in? Pls explain
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bbdd: 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ctemi:

Thank I appreciate, will thy(wes) notify as they receive the feedback from each school or they will wait till they receive it from both school before they notify me/update my status because I attend different school for my OND&HND.

I don't know much about hnd and ond to be honest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by uist: 11:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
Greeting to you all. Please can someone help me with my question.

1. Can someone help me with the list of low tuition universities that offer MSc in computer science or Information Technology,

2. Is there any Universities that waives GRE for these courses MSc in computer science or Information Technology? Please i need y'all help.

3. I have done IELTS exam, will it be acceptable at the embassy/universities in US?

waiting for your kind response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
godG:

Since they sent the two at different times (the last being 26th Sept.), count 10 working days from 26th. Sept. and see if you should be worried. If it is up to 10 working days, still give them some time, say at most 20 working days before you start making enqrs from WES. It takes time for regular mail to get to the US.

Be calm, ma. All will end well.
@godG, Amen. Thank so much

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 11:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
uist:

1. Can someone help me with the list of low tuition universities that offer MSc in computer science or Information Technology,

2. Is there any Universities that waives GRE for these courses MSc in computer science or Information Technology? Please i need y'all help.

3. I have done IELTS exam, will it be acceptable at the embassy/universities in US?

1. Sir, it could be hard for someone to. Try locking "list of low tuition universities that offer MSc in..." into Google search bar. Thank Google later for the information you will get.

2. Some universities do waive GRE but mind you, once you have chosen your path of not writing GRE, you must be ready to bear the brunt, if any.

3. Well, IELTS is also a test of English proficiency and I do want to believe most schools accept it. I hope this satisfies your curiosity, sir/ma.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
bbdd:

I don't know much about hnd and ond to be honest.
@bbdd, alright. How far with your posting stuff? Hope you are able to locate tnt office
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 11:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
decreamaster:

Post as in? Pls explain

Walk into any post office (if that is what you call it in America) and tell them you want to post a document to Nigeria, sir.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by wiseman2392(m): 12:50am On Oct 08, 2014
Good day my people in the house, I wish to send my transcript through post, what is the probability of my transcript getting to US. Do I need to use other means like DHL. I just need to know the probability of getting there? And how fast would it be? I want people in the house who have done something like that before or with an idea. Thanks, your contribution wud be welcomed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Idazbawz(m): 1:17am On Oct 08, 2014
PedigreeCity:
December by God's grace...
what is the name of your sch?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 2:48am On Oct 08, 2014
for those in the states, verizon, sprint, Tmobile and AT&T, which is cheaper
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 08, 2014
@nikas0005, what school did you apply to and what course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ashigolo(m): 4:54am On Oct 08, 2014
I'll advice you TNT courier, its relatively cheaper and your transcript will get to the US safely in 3 working days.
wiseman2392:
Good day my people in the house, I wish to send my transcript through post, what is the probability of my transcript getting to US. Do I need to use other means like DHL. I just need to know the probability of getting there? And how fast would it be? I want people in the house who have done something like that before or with an idea. Thanks, your contribution wud be welcomed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nikas0005: 6:51am On Oct 08, 2014
sawyersam:
@nikas0005, what school did you apply to and what course
I apply to many school of which I pay their appilaction fees. what make it easy for me is that I have a friend in US who make all the neccesaay step for me .
I want IT course , and for universtiy of north texas
As regard your age nobody is too old to go school even if u re 90yr old , if they see the potential in u, they can still allow u
Sometime america VISA is not all about the doc u present is jsut by the grace of God
Be at the right place at the right time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by francisabuah: 7:52am On Oct 08, 2014
plz I want to send my transcript and other documents to USA.plz any body nos the price to send them tru TNT or EMS or any other cheap one.and plz where is TNT office at?thanks and God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 8:29am On Oct 08, 2014
Hello house, do I need a visa to transit at Madrid? My flight is from Lagos-Doha-Madrid-NYC.. Any help will be useful.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 8:31am On Oct 08, 2014
francisabuah:
plz I want to send my transcript and other documents to USA.plz any body nos the price to send them tru TNT or EMS or any other cheap one.and plz where is TNT office at?thanks and God bless.

Through TNT should be like 7k.. Though have not used it before but their office is along gbagada expressway.

Dhl gives discount to student, it cost about 8k

FedEx cost 10,060 naira.

All delivers within 3 working days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ahaika23: 9:19am On Oct 08, 2014
Good morning folks. My elder brother is a us citizen, I wish to do a certificate of specialization course in instrument and control. I have seen two colleges namely Chaffey and Cuesta in California, I do not have ielt, TOEFL or gre. I am married here in nija. I plan to start in spring semester. My brother is my sponsor. Please what are my chances of securing an f1 visa. The Colleges are certified to issue an I-20. I need a quick reply please. I forgot to add I'm an electrical/electronic Engr graduate as well. The Colleges have so far said I do not need an IELTS, GRE AND TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by francisabuah: 9:40am On Oct 08, 2014
plz can someone help me on hw to register toefl by my self plz.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2014
francisabuah:
plz can someone help me on hw to register toefl by my self plz.thanks

Create an account on ets.org with the required documents.

Pick a test date and center.

Pay with a Visa Credit card or Paypal.

Print the receipt and you are done.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2014
. . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:37am On Oct 08, 2014
decreamaster:
Pls guys I helped my friend to pickup his i20 from the sch but I don't knw how to send it to Nigeria.
Pls what are the best options I have.how do I get it down to Nigeria cheap.thanks

You can send it through USPS and it will cost almost 50 dollars or above and it has tracking... It will takes 6 - 10 days if i am not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2014
ahaika23:
Good morning folks. My elder brother is a us citizen, I wish to do a certificate of specialization course in instrument and control. I have seen two colleges namely Chaffey and Cuesta in California, I do not have ielt, TOEFL or gre. I am married here in nija. I plan to start in spring semester. My brother is my sponsor. Please what are my chances of securing an f1 visa. The Colleges are certified to issue an I-20. I need a quick reply please. I forgot to add I'm an electrical/electronic Engr graduate as well. The Colleges have so far said I do not need an IELTS, GRE AND TOEFL

If its MSc am sure you have better chance so apply for Msc and not just community college..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ahaika23: 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
Walspring:

If its MSc am sure you have better chance so apply for Msc and not just community college..
what is the ish with community college?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by everpector: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hello guys cum veterans @ imperioux, Bigfrance,
pls my interview comes up in few days, I'm almost done with getting the required documents. My confusion is what u guys refer to as an original financial document, cos i only have a printed copy of my sponsors bank account statement. The account is a cooperate account though is my brothers account, I equally have a letter of sponsorship written in a letter headed paper of the company and also a bankers reference letter to that effect. Please does a cooperate account statement a red flag in an interview? Are the documents original? Am going for spring 2015, do you think my interview is pretty early and does it pose any threat?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
uist:

Purdue uni
Valparaiso uni
but r expensive
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
sirRiddy:
Did you school in ife too,mystique?
Yes, I did.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
OjaP:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yes, I am from Ondo Kingdom. The only town in the Southwest where we speak our dialect freely and with pride smiley
Haha. You serious? I be ondo boy na. lol. Le o omo yemi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
meekpie:
Good morning house, I just picked up my passport today and apparently my pre-existing B1/B2 visa was not cancelled, does this mean that it's still usable?
Also it seems that the F1 I was just issued will expire before my program is over, not sure why that is so cos my i-20 clearly states the program duration. . .is the F1 renewable?

Thanks for your anticipated guidance my honorable compatriots! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
honeyad:
Hello house, do I need a visa to transit at Madrid? My flight is from Lagos-Doha-Madrid-NYC.. Any help will be useful.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
Idazbawz:
what is the name of your sch?
University of Michigan, flint
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
honeyad

Yup,you'll need a Schengen transit visa except you have a US green card

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.