Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Things You Only See In Dubai - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Only See In Dubai (64969 Views)

Nigerian Man Under Trial In Dubai For Beating Up An Indian / Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This / Where Can I Buy Gold In Dubai? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by justi4jesu(f): 8:12am On Aug 23, 2014
DRealGeesam:
Oh ok, but it is "fake" cos the caption said "traffic" in dubai, which make the average jo think that is what happens EVERYDAY.
As i said earlier, Dubai has one of the highest concentration of super cars, but when informing people we have to put the facts right just as you have done not making it look like "this is the regular traffic in dubai"

No ofcos it doesn't happen everyday he just captioned it the way he felt he could express the picture cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by nifemi25(m): 8:12am On Aug 23, 2014
kelvinnn: OMO NA WA OO, ALL THIS IN DUBAI? WELL I GO MAKE AM HERE IN NAIJA IN JESUS NAME: AMEN.
AINT GOING NOWHERE MENH!

You hqv just said my mind.aren't going anywhere
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by ronaldreagan26: 8:13am On Aug 23, 2014
DRealGeesam:
Oh ok, but it is "fake" cos the caption said "traffic" in dubai, which make the average jo think that is what happens EVERYDAY.
As i said earlier, Dubai has one of the highest concentration of super cars, but when informing people we have to put the facts right just as you have done not making it look like "this is the regular traffic in dubai"

Exactly....

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Infomizer(m): 8:13am On Aug 23, 2014
Levels

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 23, 2014
Nice/Peaceful Arab Country unlike most barbaric Islamic countries who are blinded by religion.

7 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by odiyaka(m): 8:15am On Aug 23, 2014
hmm way still far for us naija
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 23, 2014
I'm not impressed. Gold plated cars are not pretty to me. And they have lots of human rights issues over there.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by henryobinna(m): 8:18am On Aug 23, 2014
Abatemtem: That's Oil money speaking out loud
and where's the sign of our own oil money?

to topic, are people in dubai this rich?
exotic cars all through

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by justi4jesu(f): 8:19am On Aug 23, 2014
............... Only in Dubai will you find rediculous monstrosities such as this Bentley H2 Hummer.cheesy

Gold plated cars, they are here,like the one in the picture below.

Not just gold colored but gold plated. When these cars are custom ordered from the factory, they cannot have the standard V6 or V8 engine, no

that would be too normal, they order them to have a V 12 motor.

You can hear the cars with the V12 motors roaring up behind you, even with your windows rolled up, loud and thundering. Your car shakes as it roars on past.

8 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by gift01: 8:21am On Aug 23, 2014
Ndababa: Come to Brunei and see wonders too!
heard Brunei is badder than Dubai. Will be there soon
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by ayukdaboss(m): 8:22am On Aug 23, 2014
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by dopedealer(m): 8:22am On Aug 23, 2014
U know everybody is living the life here I love it cool
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by pipid7th(m): 8:22am On Aug 23, 2014
True talk...
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by justi4jesu(f): 8:25am On Aug 23, 2014
[b]The Things People Do With Their Money...Only in Dubai

There is a lot of money in the middle east. In the UAE, specifically Dubai, you see it everywhere. Money is spent extravagantly and lavishly, sometimes on some of the most unusual things and /or in excess. Automobiles, homes, animals and buildings...it does not matter.

I have mentioned it in previous posts but expensive luxury cars are so commonplace in Dubai, that it seems normal to see Ferrari's, Rolls Royce and Maybachs all around you on the road. But have you ever seen a baby pink expedition ? I have and it is simply beautiful. It looked like cotton candy on wheels.

The Rolls Royce Ghost in the picture below pulled up along side of us on Jumeriah Beach Road. The young men driving the car looked as if they were 14, okay, maybe 16. I wondered if their dad knew they had his car out for a spin ? They were happy to smile for the camera shot, then off they went. I sure hope they got the car home safely, with out any new scratches or dents.

Have you ever seen a Rolls Royce covered in artificial grass, the whole thing in Astro turf?hmmm I had never seen any car covered in fake grass, let alone a Rolls Royce. Don't quite understand that one.

If they want it, they have it done.[/b]

11 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by biggozz(m): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2014

This is what we would have achieved with our sovereign wealth today if not because of religious/ethnic bigotry and sheer wickedness of our leaders.

WEEP FOR THIS NATION.

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by freecocoa(f): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2014
Tah! I must make am for this life, these people no get two heads, I dey vex abeg.angry

6 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 23, 2014
Rare occurrences! They are exaggerated though. More like animals meant for circus. What is with having ferocious animals in your car? This is just utter silliness to look extreme in all activities about Dubia. Yolk! Primitive man's mentality indeed.
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by justi4jesu(f): 8:32am On Aug 23, 2014
One thing I have learned while living here in Dubai, always keep your camera on your person and close.

Be ready for a picture when you least expect it.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by biggozz(m): 8:35am On Aug 23, 2014
Ekans: Thats what I call wealthy, makes Nigerian Billionaires shut up.

You don't know anything. Uncountable Nigerian billionaires live in this kind of affluence in these countries and may in fact be the owners of some of these assets you are seeing. They may not show a lot of these extreme wealth here to avoid too much attention. Do you know how much is being stolen in this country daily?

2 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 23, 2014
justi4jesu:

The traffic is not fake maybe it was taken during celebrations because they usually have celebration of different models of cars from time to time, so today they might have celebration of Ferrari cars and you see more than 500 owners of ferrari cars on the streets. So it is not FAKE.

Mustang Celebrates 50th Anniversary With Middle East Enthusiasts In Massive Event In Dubai

And they also have Dubai Chase Street Racing Festival, then you see cars and you Jaw will drop like woww

Will you call this fake?
That is an event, dude. It can happen in any country. There is no big deal in having mustang by different people displayed in a car show. Oh, please! Dubai doesn't manufacture none of those suppercars.
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by ronaldreagan26: 8:36am On Aug 23, 2014
all4naija: Rare occurrences! They are exaggerated though. More like animals meant for circus. What is with having ferocious animals in your car? This is just utter silliness to look extreme in all activities about Dubia. Yolk! Primitive man's mentality indeed.
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Ela59: 8:36am On Aug 23, 2014
I sorry for Africa. Every africans countries are lack behind when it come to development. We are well educated than the arab but our leaders are self-centred,they translate looting to transformation and seeing those countries as a venue for their own children to be educated. Jonathan is in germany for patial illness and he sacked 16thousand doctors that are in charge of those that not equal in capacitance. Abacha alone looted more the Nigeria budget for a year and his son was pardon, which is a the only link to his father unscruplous whealth

7 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Adeoba10(m): 8:37am On Aug 23, 2014
echobee: Haaaaaaaaaaaaa shocked shocked shocked shocked. Na,lion be dat or teddy bear?
Na teju baby face
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by free2ryhme: 8:38am On Aug 23, 2014
Those pictures of wild cats in the car is once again man yearning for the wild. We came from being wild, as in nomads,to being tamed. This time our desire is to once again relate that the wild side that was once tamed
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 23, 2014
ewoo

see cars for traffic jam cheesycheesycheesy..

omor wild animals around..i nor like super story oogrin
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by majamajic(m): 8:40am On Aug 23, 2014

Dubai don't have oil, they make money from only tourism. Oil is in abu dhabi, of which they don't invest in dubai.
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by ronaldreagan26: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2014
all4naija: That is an event, dude. It can happen in any country. There is no big deal in having mustang by different people displayed in a car show. Oh, please! Dubai doesn't manufacture none of those suppercars.

l agree with your point of view, the key word is they are doing this to attract visitors and they will go at all length to market dubai to the outside world,but, when you live in the country for few weeks or months you discover that not all that glitters is gold..
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 23, 2014
free2ryhme: Those pictures of wild cats in the car is once again man yearning for the wild. We came from being wild, as in nomads,to being tamed. This time our desire is to once again relate that the wild side that was once tamed
Maybe they can feed you to them in their privacy as an annoying servant. Smh...

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 23, 2014
ifyalways: Arab money toooooo sweet. cheesy
Ify how you take know. Those people are living in opulence. Oil money is working.

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Dreyl(m): 8:44am On Aug 23, 2014
All this are nothing in Dubai and Qatar,those Arabs live extravagant lifestyles,i also have sum arab friends who are rich also.
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by SkinnyDude(m): 8:47am On Aug 23, 2014
i fit steal that waste bin o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My experience in Bahrain / My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai / Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.