Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,422 members, 7,954,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:03 AM

480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon (55666 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Massive Tension In Mubi: Soldiers Flee As Boko Haram Invades / Gwoza Town Fall To Boko Haram As Soldiers Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
moneyhungry:
how da fvck would you attack someone's parent out of the blue?.
you're supposed to be slapped 7 times by a mad woman being throw over 3rd mainland bridge.
unscrupulous dimwit.

Obviously you are a fool, don't bother to reply me cos i don't want to exchange words with you.

I am sure you took your bath with salt and water last 2 weeks, undecided.

Am i right?

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by BetaThings: 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
Litmus: If true then the Nigerian penchant for blaming everything on government, facilitated recently by social media, plaid a leading role. People no longer assume responsibility for their own personal growth or failure because political interest conveniently excuses them by laying the problem at the feet of the pertinent Government. Thus, armed rubbers only do so because the government created no jobs; the young men raped those girls because the government rapes the nation daily; the soldiers fled the war-front because the country under the government is not worth dying for, etc, etc.

Is it a wonder then that in this atmosphere no one has personal pride or shame? Everyone feels justified in doing whatever pleases theme safe in the knowledge that the government or authority of the day will pick up the blame. It is in this respect that soldiers wives felt justified in protesting and questioning army postings and choice of weapons and Soldiers felt that they can take to the social media to moan and solicit sympathy. Overzealous criticism and mass empowerment by social media is crating a feckless, disloyal, juvenile and irresponsible generation. The whole phenomena deserves sociological study.

When election is held with soldiers armed to the teeth patrolling
and there is no violence
and the result is announced promptly
You praise Jonathan
On this, you have to blame Jonathan too
End of story!

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by lumeneng22: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
Conspiracy of the highest degree, hope they are not kidnap again o.Wonder why nigeria government cant buy these superior weapons.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Ibnsultan01: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
Our troops are badly funded and equip thanks to corruption in Abuja. NB:Where's all the billions spent on Defence if we can't have an AIR tactical Unit

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by BetaThings: 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
Litmus: If this story proves to be lies Nigerians most, most, most make the BBC not only retract the report but apologies unreservedly to the Nigerian Military, Johnathan Government, Nigerian people and relatives of soldiers lost so far in this war. It s outrages.

And if it is true?

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sagamite:

You did not read your response to my post that I quoted?
lol just sarcasm now

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by dvee2: 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
MissMeiya:

He has zero traits of leadership.

- quick decision making
- direct and constant communication with the public
- inspirational speaking (speeches, eye contact, strength of voice, concise campaign-able points, etc.)
- inspirational looks (countenance, posture, etc.)
- uniting instead of dividing
- being seen as a force instead of a victim
- taking responsibility for everything, no matter who was directly responsible, as long as it happened under his watch
- keeping promises instead of making empty boasts
- taking action instead of making weak accusations

Seriously, I could go on. He has none. Nothing.

I don't have anything against him personally. I'm just utterly underwhelmed by him. He is not a leader. And Nigeria does not need a spineless puppet at its helm.

Even if the leader was taking Nigeria in the wrong direction, at least they would be leading Nigeria somewhere! He's just sitting and watching. No wonder people are beginning to call him Nero.

From being brazenly occupied and attacked by terrorists (to the extent that the PRESIDENT was AFRAID to set foot in part of his own country!), to part of the country being declared under control of a terrorist group? And it's been 5 years? And the man is in Germany chatting with a football team in Canada?

I restate one very important point, BEING SEEN AS A FORCE INSTEAD OF A VICTIM. Believe me most of his supporters genuinely see him as a victim, indirectly placing him at a position of weakness

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by BetaThings: 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
calebo101: To be frank, all these things you guys are saying about Jonathan are all Bull Shit. In as much as nobody is happy with the spread of Boko Haram does not call for condemnation, it calls for more support.
When Chambelain was taking Britain down the slope
He was not supported
He was replaced

calebo101: It grieves young people like us to see some married men and women and of course transgenders here bringing party affiliations into a matter of National Interest.
When Nyanya bomb blast happened
Jonathan called a metting of PDP govs and their allies in Ondo and Anambra
Please stop the deceit

calebo101:
Anything to divide Nigeria, count us in. Let everyone protect their territory.
WE ARE NOT ONE. Don't be deceived.

You who?

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by BetaThings: 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:
That does not logically follow from what I'm saying. I'm saying that it makes no sense for GEJ to fail at his job on purpose. It's one thing to say that his efforts are not effective and quite another thing to say he doesn't care. It makes no political sense for him not to care. Even if he truly doesn't care on a personal level, he must surely care that his continued failure to beat Boko Haram is destroying him politically.
It is better for Jonathan to avoid election in APC states in 2015
Would he be able to do that if there is no more Boko Haram?
And if that was the plan, it could just have gone out of hand
I am not saying that is his plan, but it must also be remembered

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by nagoma(m): 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
20pounds: This is goodnews! 480 other Nigerians will fill their place, thereby creating employment. The transformation is on course! Who said GEJ is not working?
Very soon, Adamawa state will defect to Cameroon too with their Lamido and we shall go and occupy the land and own their horses and cattle(plus Nyako's mango trees)
GEJ till 20 lipsrsealed

So you think Lamido will drive to Cameroon? He will take the whole of his domain including the land, the horses and mago trees. It's just the map of Nigeria that will change( shrink). While the map of Cameroon enlarges.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
dvee2:

I restate one very important point, BEING SEEN AS A FORCE INSTEAD OF A VICTIM. Believe me most of his supporters genuinely see him as a victim, indirectly placing him at a position of weakness
that's the most annoying thing,me keep falling and claiming sympathy as if the position of a president is for dummmb fellow,we expect him to solve problems not creating one,what pple don't know is this guy is seating at the affair of more than 160milliom nigeria and he's seriously messing it up daily,I once told my colleague at work the only crime those chibok girls commited is they choose to be a nigerian

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Missy89(f): 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
SirShymex:

You need to "flee" down to my yard asap - and let me disarm you! grin

Really and truly, AK47 is still a bad boy - but it depends on who's handling it and against who.

Those Shekau bh faction I saw in the video today should get it from an AK47, even with their 50cal, on a sunny summer afternoon. tongue

lol.

From what i saw in the Video, AK 47 held together with duct tape might not be enough to save the nation.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Fourwinds: 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
to be sincere if I'm. d president at dis stage I will be ashame. a big disgrace to d nation

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by ignis: 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
whitecat007: Tunde Bakare prophecy about Jonathan is now playing out before our eyes.

Please take that self acclaimed pastor out of this. He have nothing to offer.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by TUNFOL: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
D gentility of tiger is not a sign of cowardness. Even the yoruba will tell U that that 'agbo to feyin rin, agbara lo lo mu wa(when a ram rushes back in a fight, it has gone to garner energy). Also, he who fights and run away lives to fight another dat. In the Bible, ladies and gentlemen, when Elijah disgraced and killed all the prophets of baals, Jezebel, a woman, treatened to take his life, and the man who just commanded fire. From heaven had 2 run for his life. As a matter of fact, he had to blackmail God by saying that he was the only one remaining out of all his prophets. And God told him to shut up that he still had more than a thousand of his kind living. So..., u won't blame the 480 soldiers. There is always a time to run away. Afterall, 'moja mosa lahun makikanju 'logun' if u don't know d meaning, ask ur neighour.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by moneyhungry(m): 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
calebo101:

Obviously you are a fool, don't bother to reply me cos i don't want to exchange words with you.

I am sure you took your bath with salt and water last 2 weeks, undecided.

Am i right?
did a goat pee on your head when you were a kid... or does du+mbness run in your lineage?... cuz you're an extra daft ogre.
dafuq do I need salt n water for?. oh, you assume every NL member is based in Nigeria right?.
Ode!.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Cameroun, take over Nigeria! You can do it! Na giant dem be 4 mouth
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Plus10(m): 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
bayulll01: During the whole #chiboksaga and when he hosted the world economic summit they ask him about the #chibokgirls,do u know what Gej said,we want the paroent of the chibok girls to cooperate with us,can u imagine,how can a elected president utter such statement,ur president is pathetic and a joke a disgrace to the whole Nigerian cos we are brilliant and intelligent people
What is the joke abt his statement?is it bad for a leader to seek the cooperation of his followers?Maybe you're dumb to figure out what he actually meant...cooperation here means a lot of things which may be time to rescue them,photos of the missing etc!

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Mbediogu(m): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
duni04:
Bros there's a reason why the president is called the commamder in chief, the buck stops at his desk. He's responsible for the military and their defeats or successes. His job is not just to dole out momey to the military, any i.diot can do that. He's supossed to provide leadership to the military as commander in chief and ensure the money is judiciously spent and the welfare of our soldiers is guarantied. That leadership and accountability is what is lacking with Jonathan.

Dear, I cannot agree less with you but he cannot press too much, not more than he is allowed under the constitution. There are 'sideways- forces' in action also. Murtala Mohammed was also Commander in chief at his time and tried to do it forcefully as you would want the President to do now.
The crux of what I am saying is that a national challenge remains what it is, work for all.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
bayulll01:
that's the most annoying thing,me keep falling and claiming sympathy as if the position of a president is for dummmb fellow,we expect him to solve problems not creating one,what pple don't know is this guy is seating at the affair of more than 160milliom nigeria and he's seriously messing it up daily,I once told my colleague at work the only crime those chibok girls commited is they choose to be a nigerian

I wonder. To be the leader of an entire country, not to talk of a country as challenging and complex as Nigeria, is for the BRIGHTEST, most BRILLIANT that country has to offer. Is this man our best?

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mbediogu:

Dear, I cannot agree less with you but he cannot press too much, not more than he is allowed under the constitution. There are 'sideways- forces' in action also. Murtala Mohammed was also Commander in chief at his time and tried to do it forcefully as you would want the President to do now.
The crux of what I am saying is that a national challenge remains what it is, work for all.

If his so-called enemies are that much more clever than he is, to always be outwitting him, let him step down. He is obviously not up to the task.

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
MissMeiya:

If his so-called enemies are that much more clever than he is, to always be outwitting him, let him step down. He is obviously not up to the task.

That is the problem with Jonathanians....they consistently help the dude manufacture a lot of excuses and silly conspiracy theories that eventually makes a hero out of his traducers

If his band of praise-singers had told him to get serious with the chibok saga,we probably would have brought them home now.....but the clueless man,urged on by his accursed worshippers kept saying it was all a scam

And that is the mindset with which GEJ have approached every problem and challenges thrown at him.....Mindset of a defeated soul

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Cannonleo(m): 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Litmus: If this story proves to be lies Nigerians most, most, most make the BBC not only retract the report but apologies unreservedly to the Nigerian Military, Johnathan Government, Nigerian people and relatives of soldiers lost so far in this war. It s outrages.

Dnt mind them they havr already changed the tone of the news,it is now nigerian troops cross into.cameroun wat nonsense
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Fourwinds: 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
Pennywise: No one should come here to defend Jonathan and the Nigerian army as it stands without first watching the latest BH video on SAHARA REPORTERS. I felt truly sad and ashamed to see a rag tag poorly equipped group of teenagers that have become the nightmare of Nigerian soldiers. Practically all the vehicles they use in their operation are abandoned Nigerian army vehicles and tanks.

The vast amount of ammunition, artillery shells and all sorts of military equipment including tanks APCs body armor, etc abandoned by fleeing Nigerian soldiers are enough to prosecute a full scale civil war. A whole batallion of soldiers ran away to Cameroun for protection by that country's soldier.

This is a pure narrative of cowardice, indiscipline and corruption. If the COAS does not resign over this, he should be sacked. How many more people have to die for Jonathan to wake up and do the right thing? We are on a slippery slope. If the burden of leadership is too much for Jonathan let him resign honorably.

In the meantime efforts should be made to bring home the battalion of cowards, try and then shooot 20 of them

y will u shoot d soldiers. is it deir fault dat dey were poorly equiped.? pls leave dose guys joor. I'm even happy dey are safe. God forbid., supposing deir lives were cut short., what will u say

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
soroptimist:

That is the problem with Jonathanians....they consistently help the dude manufacture a lot of excuses and silly conspiracy theories that eventually makes a hero out of his traducers

If his band of praise-singers had told him to get serious with the chibok saga,we probably would have brought them home now.....but the clueless man,urged on by his accursed worshippers kept saying it was all a scam

And that is the mindset with which GEJ have approached every problem and challenges thrown at him.....Mindset of a defeated soul

They unwittingly make these "phantom detractors" and "enemies" look like masterful geniuses.

Here's my take.

Nigerians haven't yet taken ownership of Nigeria. The country belongs to the PEOPLE, not the people running it. That means that criticizing ineptitude is the most patriotic thing a citizen can do, because you demand the best for your country.

There is this sense that the country belongs to the people in power, and the citizens are just spectators. The little power citizens feel they have is at the election polls, and even those are questionable, both at domestic and international levels.

I mentioned this before, in a different thread: the words that Nigerians use in reference to the government disturb me. Words like "regime", "rule/ruler", "His Excellency", and anything relating to God. The CULTURE of democracy is lacking in Nigeria.

Nigeria belongs to Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by gevis: 9:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
Why is it that news to bring down our military n promote boko boys make front page...This same soldierz ve bn killing hundreds of ds boko boys but none sing their Praise. ..Nigerians are d problem of Nigeria. They gv credit to the destructiv wk of silly ppl who if tbey don't curb will end up blasting their own head n dt of their loved ones...

Stand for ds who fight for us....
Despise n ignore ds dt ruin us....
Defend ur nation or none will.......
Its not abt blaming our leaders.......
Its about praising the military...........
Its abt standing n praying fr dm........
Hail dm who in d cold n dark fight for us while we lay our head n rest.
LONG LIVE OUR MILITARY
LONG LIVE OUR PRESIDENT
LONG LIVE OUR NATION NIGERIA...
I LOVE my country NIGERIA...
boko boys cant ruin usss
GOD BLESS NIGERIA, NIGERIA WILL STAND IN JESUS NAME AMEN

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Ibnsultan01: 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
Missy89:

lol.

From what i saw in the Video, AK 47 held together with duct tape might not be enough to save the nation.

Its sad. With all the billions of $ spent by the Govt. Troops mov with just 3mag. No secondary weapon. No aircover. No reinforcement
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Ibnsultan01: 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Cameroonian officials have confirmed that at least
480 Nigerian soldiers are now in the protective
custody of the neighboring country’s gendarmes
after they crossed into Cameroon earlier today to
escape from Boko Haram insurgents who have
launched a massive offensive.
Cameroonian gendarmes had disarmed the Nigerian
soldiers, officials from the West African nation told a
correspondent of the Hausa Service of the British
Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) today.
The fleeing soldiers are being held in an undisclosed
school inside Cameroon, according to senior
Cameroonian officials who spoke to the BBC.

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Cannonleo(m): 10:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
I must confess I have seen a lot of comments here.the gud the bad and the ugly.but one thing strikes me very well here.it is the level of parochial mindset we have as youths and as a nation.this is y i love the russians since the start of communism the average russian is damn so patrotic that u would think that his country is heaven.i have a bossom friend who lives in volgograd,and he has given me stark evidence that corruption in russia is ten times what we have in nigeria(i dnt support it) but he is willing to die for his motherland becos he believes he belongs to rare breed or race.fast foward to nigeria where we have the largest disunited black race in the world.people who are nt proud of their heritage ,trained and retrained by bbc et al..yes we have a large chunk of problems but we the followers are the greatest cause of this problem.now we shuld stand together and face a common enemy and comments like this are popping out.i guess u guys havent learnt from somalia and eritrea at all.their only prayer is just to have their nation bck and here we are destroying ours.a lot of us are more interested inflexing and swagger y wont politheifians take us for a ride.i am basically versed in military matters and i would keep saying it we would win this war when boys are seperated from men in the army..i have stated before that my cousin serving with stf in bornu has complained abt lack of unit,command and firing disicipline.imagine a situations where a squad sees a group of bh boys abt 600m aways rather than get down and wait for the decoy teams to get near they just start firing their weapons in full automatic mode.wasting ammo on loose targets .when the bh boys come within the range of their dsk 12.7mm they take to their heels and most will tell u we dnt have weapons smh..my cousin is so bitter with the caliber of men in the army especially from ranks of majors down..so many damn cowards.just put ur weapons in semi automatic mode and get ur head down the mofo idiot firing the dsk is not armored and u take him out but no let me stop here.if we need to change our govt we need to work on ourselves first.change our wizkid and banky w attitude to life and face this country as ours else we would become like somalia in no time.and sorry to say this unless the apc or someone gets a credible aspirant to challange gej he will win again.i have a lot to say but i quit here.nigeria over to u.if the shit hits the fan i would be the first to register in the army..i will fight for this country if u like dnt look for ur passport fly out.but one day u will work down the street of ur new country and a little boy will point at u and say aloud "is dis not those nigerians that their country is now failed" then i will see ur reaction when u try to put the blame on someone else
btw if nigeria had taken over bakassi like crime issue will nigerians even support thenselves nt to talk abt govt.

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Ibnsultan01: 10:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
ameroonian military authorities are quizzing the
soldiers and have not decided what action to take. An
officer at the Defense Headquarters in Abuja told
SaharaReporters that Cameroon had not officially
briefed Nigerian security officials about the runaway
Nigerian soldiers in the custody of Cameroonian
gendarmes. Asked if Nigeria would demand a return
of the soldiers, the source said he expected
Cameroon to do so, even if the Nigerian military
authorities did not make a formal request.
A security source had disclosed to SaharaReporters
that a Nigerian Air Force jet deployed to Gamboru to
help combat the invading insurgents only dropped
one bomb before departing from the area. The jet
never came back to the besieged area as Boko Haram
militants began house-to-house raids in the area.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Cannonleo(m): 10:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
Maybe when u all try camerounweb or any other camerounain websites on this bh issue u would be very suprised to see the level of Bleep ups the bir boys havr made see kia and mia u go fear tire weapons lost nko aa guns like water,vp wife rescued abi sd ijebu lie and yet some nigerians have mouth to say the camerounians are better the NA.they are a small fish to the international media compared to naija.i guess many of u dnt know abt a little town called amchide..do ur research and find out how our so called neighbours alongside their kanuri brodas are fueling this guys wella
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by duni04(m): 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
MissMeiya:

I wonder. To be the leader of an entire country, not to talk of a country as challenging and complex as Nigeria, is for the BRIGHTEST, most BRILLIANT that country has to offer. Is this man our best?
Well if he's there it means we voted him in and we're also culpable

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) / RUGA: Europe Based Nigerian Man Flaunts His Cattle Ranch / Labour Party Wins Big At Airport Staff School Enugu - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.