Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon (55399 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Massive Tension In Mubi: Soldiers Flee As Boko Haram Invades / Gwoza Town Fall To Boko Haram As Soldiers Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Seun(m): 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
bayulll01: seun why are u like this,as a big celeb that people look up to u can utter such statement,u mean the whole cluelessness in all sector did not bother u,typical Nigerians "since am not affected who cares "smh
If you don't like someone, that doesn't mean that everything about him is bad. If you defend someone, that doesn't mean you like everything he does. I agree with the consensus that GEJ does not appear to be very effective at his job, but that doesn't mean he doesn't care or try.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:
I'm not saying that GEJ is solving the problem effectively. I'm saying that he certainly wants to solve it. People are going too far when they insinuate that he is deliberately failing. If he sees the it as an embarrassment, then surely he would want to end the embarrassment, right?

I thought you did Computer Engineering at OAU.......Why are you inputting Philosophy of Logic in your summation? May be you often go to Amphiteatre to listen to Jingo's lecture

The fact about leadership is that if the Leader( Jonathan in this case) is bereft of the simplest of critical thinking skills,then he will be susceptible to the foibles and machinations of his lieutenants or advisers and this is the greatest sin of GEJ

That is why despite the fact that you his admirers are always at loss for the mounting criticism hurled at him irrespective of his 'good nature' and the fact that he may mean well,yet he doesn't come across as very sound and smart

If the Generals kept telling you all is well despite the huge budgetary allocations without any concormitant success,a good leader will find a way to create a secondary channel of getting feedback from the populace,soldiers,workers,artisans about the effect of your policies on them and not rely entirely on praise-singers,hangers-on,party-faithfuls,godfathers because one should be 70% sure they are not going to tell you the truth may be out of fear or sycophancy

Hence a leader who blinds himself to reality by not double-checking whatever his aides and allies tell him,should be ready for the backlash when push come sto shove

Hence if all of GEJ leadership strategy could be attributed to the advise he gets from people like Tony Anenih,Chief Edwin Clark,LIEbaran Maku,Doyin Oku-igbe,Rhinoceros O'mockery with support from FFK and Asari Dokubo on the sides then be sure he will ab initio be setting himself up for monumental failure even if he means well

12 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
skyfall:

What you do to end an embarrassment is a child's play compared to what you need to do to get rid of terrorism. But the meaning of all these is that he has no business being the president of a country albeit a complex one like Nigeria.

But you know what? He wants 4 more years, and probably more.

He has zero traits of leadership.

- quick decision making
- direct and constant communication with the public
- inspirational speaking (speeches, eye contact, strength of voice, concise campaign-able points, etc.)
- inspirational looks (countenance, posture, etc.)
- uniting instead of dividing
- being seen as a force instead of a victim
- taking responsibility for everything, no matter who was directly responsible, as long as it happened under his watch
- keeping promises instead of making empty boasts
- taking action instead of making weak accusations

Seriously, I could go on. He has none. Nothing.

I don't have anything against him personally. I'm just utterly underwhelmed by him. He is not a leader. And Nigeria does not need a spineless puppet at its helm.

Even if the leader was taking Nigeria in the wrong direction, at least they would be leading Nigeria somewhere! He's just sitting and watching. No wonder people are beginning to call him Nero.

From being brazenly occupied and attacked by terrorists (to the extent that the PRESIDENT was AFRAID to set foot in part of his own country!), to part of the country being declared under control of a terrorist group? And it's been 5 years? And the man is in Germany chatting with a football team in Canada?

14 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Tonylyte(m): 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
20pounds: This is goodnews! 480 other Nigerians will fill their place, thereby creating employment. The transformation is on course! Who said GEJ is not working?

Very soon, Adamawa state will defect to Cameroon too with their Lamido and we shall go and occupy the land and own their horses and cattle(plus Nyako's mango trees)

GEJ till 20 lipsrsealed
Hahahahahaha! O my o my.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by tit(f): 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
MissMeiya:

- quick decision making
- inspirational speaking (speeches, eye contact, strength of voice, concise campaign-able points, etc.)
- taking responsibility for everything, no matter who was directly responsible, as long as it happened under his watch

I don't have anything against him personally. I'm just utterly underwhelmed by him. He is not a leader. And Nigeria does not need a spineless puppet at its helm.

Even if the leader was taking Nigeria in the wrong direction, at least they would be leading Nigeria somewhere! He's just sitting and watching. No wonder people are beginning to call him Nero.

From being brazenly occupied and attacked by terrorists (to the extent that the PRESIDENT was AFRAID to set foot in part of his own country!), to part of the country being declared under control of a terrorist group? And it's been 5 years? And the man is in Germany chatting with a football team in Canada?

bigot,
we know your trademarks.
why dont you defect to cameroun too

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by moneyhungry(m): 6:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
dhammyg:
THE MOST ANNOYING THING IS THAT SEVERAL PEOPLE STILL SUPPORT HIM.
U SEE THE STUUPID *GEJITES* RANTING ALL OVER NL IN SUPPORT OF GEJ.SOMETIMES I JUST FEEL LIKE TAKING A CEMENT BLOCK AND HITTING THEM ON THE HEAD WITHangry

HOW CAN HUMAN BEINGS BE SO STUPIIDangry
exactly!.
pls how I can send you a bottle of beer?.
or drop ur account number let me deposit some money in it.

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
tit:

bigot,
we know your trademarks.
why dont you defect to cameroun too

*long stare*

You don't know what the word bigot means, do you?

9 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by 9jatatafo(m): 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
So military transfer window still dey open? Shuo ooo!!!! All hail GEJ the mystifier

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by duni04(m): 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
MissMeiya:

- quick decision making

Lol. All grounds for impeachment. Maybe you should turn this into a petition and send to the house of reps grin

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Faun(m): 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
I'm just more surprised none of these Yoruba hypocrites have called for Minimah's sack.
Oh I forgot. He's not Ihejirika.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
MissMeiya:

- quick decision making

You got it spot on......

As much as some people will like to hide it,they know in their hearts that GEJ is no where near being the best Nigeria can boast of

And it is through critical moments like these that the truth will keep hitting us in the face

6 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by donodion(m): 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
olapluto: 480!!! WOW!
Well, when they wont get salary on time, have to beg for bullets, and not assured of their family welfare in case they die in action, I dont blame them.
But 480 is an alarmingly high number. The president is not even bothered. He is setting a very very very disturbing precedence here in Nigeria. Never have we had so many deserters.
It is a shame that in a time of war, our leaders are weakening our army.
I fear that by the time GEJ hands over (hopefully next year), he may not have more than 32 states to hand over. Systematic disintegration of Nigeria is going on under a president that is happy to weaken the army to prevent a coup d'etat rather than equip the army to maintain territorial integrity of the country.

Guy chop knuckle Gbam! your head dey dia sam sam

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Gbawe: 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:
That does not logically follow from what I'm saying. I'm saying that it makes no sense for GEJ to fail at his job on purpose. It's one thing to say that his efforts are not effective and quite another thing to say he doesn't care. It makes no political sense for him not to care. Even if he truly doesn't care on a personal level, he must surely care that his continued failure to beat Boko Haram is destroying him politically.

Look, he does not "give a damn". Those who say GEJ does not care mean it literally - and justifiably so from the actions and inaction of Mr.President. You disregard the notion that GEJ has proven to be a very crude and callous administrator. Were you on Mars when Ribadu, as head of the Petroleum task force GEJ set up, recommended that Nigeria immediately stop, as the only major exporter of crude doing so, selling our oil through traders because this abets corruption and theft against Nigeria?

Even with such a public call to task, did GEJ act? NO !!! Even more indicative of his total devotion to doing the opposite of what will deliver solutions, GEJ binned the entire Ribadu report, disgraced the former EFCC chairman publicly and sanctioned a character assassination war against Mallam Ribadu. You forget also, when it was vital he did so, GEJ failed, till today, to bring fuel subsidy scammer to book. In fact, if I am correct and in testimony to the sheer shamelessness of our President, one of those in Court for scamming Nigeria is now coordinating the TAN 'boju-boju' fraud for GEJ i.e Ifeanyi Ubah.

Those are only two glaring episode, out of many, of Jonathan acting in a way that shows "he does not care" to deliver solutions and is is disinterested in any notion of his political interest being affected by his actions/inactions. This is a man who believes he can crudely fail everyone, brazenly abet corruption and malfeasance openly all day and then use the wealth of Nigeria to buy everyone on board when elections are upon us.

If you are honest with yourself you will admit GEJ has, unlike other leaders, never demonstrated the leadership style that involves direct application of pertinent solution to major problems facing his Country. He will either drag his feet, abet the root cause of the problem or directly worsen things with his indifferent attitude and inaction. To me, this is the sign GEJ is a seriously compromised administrator leading on behalf of those who cause Nigeria's problem. The Boko Haram issue is the same with how Jonathan indirectly admits that the sponsors of the terror group are his associates and co-workers yet he lets them continue their nefarious deeds. Bottom line is that this is a man disinterested in leading yet absolutely obsessed with holding on to power. He subscribes to the condemnable ways of the past whereby sit-tight failed leaders simply use everything ,whether money or political office/favours and EFCC bullying, to buy more time in power. Why perform when you are in a nation still backward and corrupt enough to let you continue in power as long as 'awon boyz' are settled handsomely?

13 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:
If you don't like someone, that doesn't mean that everything about him is bad. If you defend someone, that doesn't mean you like everything the person does. I agree with the consensus that GEJ does not appear to be very effective at his job, but that doesn't mean he doesn't care or try.
seun I can't say u are confused cos I respect u alot,mention one proactive measures Gej in his good life embarked on,see u said he cares Abi,chibokgirls are still there,corruptions don't even go there,tell me one thing this guy has done and I will bury my head in shame

9 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by JACKOFALTRADE: 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
Bring back ihejirika!!!

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by ndcide(m): 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
TO PASS THE BULK IS SO EASY. THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE DO EVERY DAY IN NIGERIA. THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO DO.

PEOPLE BLAME EVEN THERE FOOLISHNESS ON THE GOVERNMENT.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
OgologoDimkpa: So he should die because of Nigeria.
Wake up Mr man angry
Yes.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gbawe:

Look, he does not "give a damn". Those who say GEJ does not care mean it literally - and justifiably so from the actions and inaction of Mr.President. You disregard the notion that GEJ has proven to be a very crude and callous administrator. Were you on Mars when Ribadu, as head of the Petroleum task force GEJ set up, recommended that Nigeria immediately stop, as the only major exporter of crude doing so, selling our oil through traders because this abets corruption and theft against Nigeria?

Even with such a public call to task, did GEJ act? NO !!! Even more indicative of his total devotion to doing the opposite of what will deliver solutions, GEJ binned the entire Ribadu report, disgraced the former EFCC chairman publicly and sanctioned a character assassination war against Mallam Ribadu. You forget also, when it was vital he did so, GEJ failed, till today, to bring fuel subsidy scammer to book. In fact, if I am correct and in testimony to the sheer shamelessness of our President, one of those in Court for scamming Nigeria is now coordinating the TAN 'boju-boju' fraud for GEJ i.e Ifeanyi Ubah.

Those are only two glaring episode, out of many, of Jonathan acting in a way that shows "he does not care" to deliver solutions and is is disinterested in any notion of his political interest being affected by his actions/inactions. This is a man who believes he can crudely fail everyone, brazenly abet corruption and malfeasance openly all day and then use the wealth of Nigeria to buy everyone on board when elections are upon us.

If you are honest with yourself you will admit GEJ has, unlike other leaders, never demonstrated the leadership style that involves direct application of pertinent solution to major problems facing his Country. He will either drag his feet, abet the root cause of the problem or directly worsen things with his indifferent attitude and inaction. To me, this is the sign GEJ is a seriously compromised administrator leading on behalf of those who cause Nigeria's problem. The Boko Haram issue is the same with how Jonathan indirectly admits that the sponsors of the terror group are his associates and co-workers yet he lets them continue their nefarious deeds. Bottom line is that this is a man disinterested in leading yet absolutely obsessed with holding on to power. He subscribes to the condemnable ways of the past whereby sit-tight failed leaders simply use everything ,whether money or political office/favours and EFCC bullying, to buy more time in power. Why perform when you are in a nation still backward and corrupt enough to let you continue in power as long as 'awon boyz' are settled handsomely?

Oju o ni tie Brother.....

Some fools are telling us he means well yet he consistently does those things that will put him in the bad side of history

6 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
This is what adekwunle fought for.
This is why awolowo starved women and children.
I laff.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
MissMeiya:

*long stare*

You don't know what the word bigot means, do you?
Lmaoooooo

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gbawe is clearly having a field day with is lenghty but senseless epistles. I hope to see his lenghty epistles on threads that reports the successess of the Nigeria Army too.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
moneyhungry:
exactly!.
pls how can send you a bottle of beer?.
or drop ur account number let me deposit some money in it.
LOL.THANKS BUT DON'T BOTHERwink

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by ayobase(m): 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
" If you don't like someone, that doesn't mean that
everything about him is bad. If you defend someone,
that doesn't mean you like everything the person does.
I agree with the consensus that GEJ does not appear to
be very effective at his job, but that doesn't mean he
doesn't care or try."

So far so good....I must commend Seun for this.
simple and fact......simple fact.

we all have fathers at home also.....u can relate if a word is okay for u.

People still fail to know/realize that a President will can only be acted upon by the Senate to be fulfilled.

if GEJ has been incompetent, what stops him from being impeached by those stupid and most clueless Senators.

the way I see and know it.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
MissMeiya:

- quick decision making

miss can I buy a drink,u won my hearth Gej has none as dull as obj,the guy has sense of humor has drive and good in decision making,but Gej has none anytime I see him on screen something odd always happen to my body,he's not fit to lead,u won my hearth for that narrative insight,ur follower just increased

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Ela59: 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
Miminah is a toothless dog that bark but can't bite. Nigeria army are not well trained and most of those soldiers are civilian in millitary uniform, they run to the army just because there is no job or inadequate. Gej lacks some vital leadership decision, mostly on crital issues. The president body language proof that all the killing,adoption and destruction of those bk is propagander for 2015. But if Gej can come out and speak to the army personnel with internal reward incase of any casualty. They get back their spirit. But the war is beyond Gej, he needs your support.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by mufutau55(m): 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
That is not called "Defecting" that should be classified as "Deserter" and may not qualify for any asylum.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hansad: 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn:

Information not substantiated is HEARSAY and therefore RUBBISH if you disagree where's your evidence
Evidence that Nigerian troops are being continually sabotaged by insiders? All your lot want is collect Aso Rock to impose your Islamic Caliphate solution on Nigeria, if not, the records of evidences that Nigeria soldiers are being sabotaged and killed are there all over the media. Search for the records. Do not expect the shoeless Jonathan to do miracles. RELIGION IS OPIUM FOR THE MASSES. For nearly a decade, the US Army trained Iraqi Army and lefft. It took a few days of fighting by your Islamic fighter colleagues to scatter Iraqi Army, because of divided loyalty to religious belief. Instead of blaming the shoeless president over a war your colleagues started before the shoeless man became president, join your part of Nigeria to the impending new Sokoto Caliphate and let others refusing to be part of the caliphate out of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Ozonna(m): 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn:

Ozonna,

I remain anonymous but I do have a fairly decent amount of experiential knowledge in this subject area. The tank in question is a T55 essentially 1960 's tech. armour is not clearly effective against RPG7 or sustained 20mm fire, your advantage is in engaging Boko at distance of which its not that accurate against fast moving targets as it 100mm gun is not stabilised, and I am talking about a tank in top serviceable condition. Furthermore they are slow, most likely poorly serviced spare parts not available as they are essentially obsolete. and I suspect we did not deploy them in enough numbers to give us any kind of advantage.

In all honesty these armoured vehicles we have deployed are outdated don't have precision weapons stations and target acquisition software, for example a Boxster and or Patria MRAV with a remote weapons station even at night could acquire multiple target with 100% accuracy at 1.5km and beyond essentially take out 10 technicals before they even got near to 500metres. Furthermore, it could got toe to toe with a Boko technical and take hits without any penetration of its armour even RPG7s.

The Otokar Cobra which we use in frontal assaults is a Light armoured vehicle will not take hits from a 50cal and will be ripped open by a 20mm or above on those technicals. Not surprisingly we opted for the most basic model almost zero electronic interfacing, that's why they can be captured and we can't track them.

If you capture a US, French etc vehicle you have just set yourself up to be laser bombed and or Excaliber artillery shelled to your 73 virgins, furthermore all your movements communications incl. satellite wil be tracked and you will be at serious disadvantage. This is what modern fit for purpose linked in assets give you.

Infact, I am speechless. This is a huge disgrace

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by mufutau55(m): 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
And this are the same army being used for killing all the Igbos for nothing; with the mindset of so called "One Nigeria".

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by atlwireles: 6:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
hansad: Evidence that Nigerian troops are being continually sabotaged by insiders? All your lot want is collect Aso Rock to impose your Islamic Caliphate solution on Nigeria, if not, the records of evidences that Nigeria soldiers are being sabotaged and killed are there all over the media. Search for the records. Do not expect the shoeless Jonathan to do miracles. RELIGION IS OPIUM FOR THE MASSES. For nearly a decade, the US Army trained Iraqi Army and lefft. It took a few days of fighting by your Islamic fighter colleagues to scatter Iraqi Army, because of divided loyalty to religious belief. Instead of blaming the shoeless president over a war your colleagues started before the shoeless man became president, join your part of Nigeria to the impending new Sokoto Caliphate and let others refusing to be part of the caliphate out of Nigeria.

That's not important to them, Aso Rock is their problem/destination, unfortunately as close as Abuja might be, Aso Rock is millions of kilometers away from them.. No amounts of deaths will deter them. I just pity people living in NE Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by whitecat007: 6:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
Tunde Bakare prophecy about Jonathan is now playing out before our eyes.

Demdem: This is unheard off.
Jonathan remains a curse to the Nigerian Nation.

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by skyfall: 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
MissMeiya:

- quick decision making

You couldn't have said it better dear. If this buffon wins a 2nd term, then i'd be 100% certain that Nigeria is a country populated by lunatics.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Visits Obasanjo At Ota - Photo / Tinubu To Lagosians: Be Calm, Maintain The Peace / Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.