Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon (55390 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Massive Tension In Mubi: Soldiers Flee As Boko Haram Invades / Gwoza Town Fall To Boko Haram As Soldiers Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Gbawe: 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Gbawe is clearly having a field day with is lenghty but senseless epistles. I hope to see his lenghty epistles on threads that reports the successess of the Nigeria Army too.

Mr.Village herbalist posing as a "medical Doctor on sabbatical" are you in pain? You better visit a real doctor and check you have not developed stress-related high blood pressure. No one asked you put your health at risk, all because of 'stomach infrastructure', by signing up to be the chief boot-licker of a leader who is ineptitude personified. Also, have you now not been "on sabbatical" for a few years now? Fraudster. Why don't you just confess that you are a paid e-sycophant and professional azzlicker?

11 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
bayulll01:
miss can I buy a drink,u won my hearth Gej has none as dull as obj,the guy has sense of humor has drive and good in decision making,but Gej has none anytime I see him on screen something odd always happen to my body,he's not fit to lead,u won my hearth for that narrative insight,ur follower just increased

The bolded got me reeling on the floor

I said it few days ago that anytime GEJ is having his teleguided Presidential media chats,even his admirers are always praying for him to have a safe landing and for the programme to end on time

The fact is that we have just a Resident in Aso Rock and not a President

7 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
soroptimist:

I thought you did Computer Engineering at OAU.......Why are you inputting Philosophy of Logic in your summation? May be you often go to Amphiteatre to listen to Jingo's lecture

The fact about leadership is that if the Leader( Jonathan in this case) is bereft of the simplest of critical thinking skills,then he will be susceptible to the foibles and machinations of his lieutenants or advisers and this is the greatest sin of GEJ

That is why despite the fact that you his admirers are always at loss for the mounting criticism hurled at him irrespective of his 'good nature' and the fact that he may mean well,yet he doesn't come across as very sound and smart

If the Generals kept telling you all is well despite the huge budgetary allocations without any concormitant success,a good leader will find a way to create a secondary channel of getting feedback from the populace,soldiers,workers,artisans about the effect of your policies on them and not rely entirely on praise-singers,hangers-on,party-faithfuls,godfathers because one should be 70% sure they are not going to tell you the truth may be out of fear or sycophancy

Hence a leader who blinds himself to reality by not double-checking whatever his aides and allies tell him,should be ready for the backlash when push come sto shove

Hence if all of GEJ leadership strategy could be attributed to the advise he gets from people like Tony Anenih,Chief Edwin Clark,LIEbaran Maku,Doyin Oku-igbe,Rhinoceros O'mockery with support from FFK and Asari Dokubo on the sides then be sure he will ab initio be setting himself up for monumental failure even if he means well
don't mind seun bro typical Nigerian and they keep on blaming those leaders,they deserve the leaders they have imagine seun nawaoo

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by dat9jaguy(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
This is pure propaganda.The Nigeria Army is too Professional for that.I know what i am saying.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by otokx(m): 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
Still observing
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
soroptimist:

The bolded got me reeling on the floor

I said it few days ago that anytime GEJ is having his teleguided Presidential media chats,even his admirers are always praying for him to have a safe landing and for the programme to end on time

The fact is that we have just a Resident in Aso Rock and not a President
bro I don't know what else to say,how did we end up with that guy

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Faun(m): 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
@Topic

Whatever. Doesn't really matter though. As long as northerners keep dying, it's fine by me.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
dat9jaguy: This is pure propaganda.The Nigeria Army is too Professional for that.I know what i am saying.
they are too professionals to shut their major when he came to visit or was that a lie also u guys should just do us a favor and understand this,u can't defend the indefensible

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by jelel6: 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gej=the otueke man, the clueless
one, he has no shows,
corruption is not stealing, the
daft one,the Ebola man, the zoo-
logist, the slow one, the corrupt
one, the single term man, the 10000 mega watts man, the
subsidy man, the synonym of
Boko haram, the phideephi
candidate, Gej's supporters=
fools colony. No lie, only facts! (

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 6:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
Faun: @Topic

Whatever. Doesn't really matter though. As long as northerners keep dying, it's fine by me.
and those northerner are not human,they are not Nigerian,I guess two wrong make I right abi

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by biafran1stson(m): 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
Boka haram media propanganda war! I don't beliveve it
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Faun(m): 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
bayulll01:
and those northerner are not human,they are not Nigerian,I guess two wrong make I right abi

All I care about is watching them die.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Missy89(f): 6:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
Lmao

I dont blame them thou.

You can't just give a man an inferior flak jacket with rusty AK47 and expect him to be taking fire from a 50 cal machine gun without running for his life.

Nigerian Military is now a joke

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Pennywise(m): 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
No one should come here to defend Jonathan and the Nigerian army as it stands without first watching the latest BH video on SAHARA REPORTERS. I felt truly sad and ashamed to see a rag tag poorly equipped group of teenagers that have become the nightmare of Nigerian soldiers. Practically all the vehicles they use in their operation are abandoned Nigerian army vehicles and tanks.

The vast amount of ammunition, artillery shells and all sorts of military equipment including tanks APCs body armor, etc abandoned by fleeing Nigerian soldiers are enough to prosecute a full scale civil war. A whole batallion of soldiers ran away to Cameroun for protection by that country's soldier.

This is a pure narrative of cowardice, indiscipline and corruption. If the COAS does not resign over this, he should be sacked. How many more people have to die for Jonathan to wake up and do the right thing? We are on a slippery slope. If the burden of leadership is too much for Jonathan let him resign honorably.

In the meantime efforts should be made to bring home the battalion of cowards, try and then shooot 20 of them

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by xtervaganza(m): 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Na to beat bloody civilians dem know

Awon weyrey gbogbo

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by jmslimx(m): 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
As far as this news its coming from BBC ... the story has 2 Side .. I am not a fan of any of this lame backward headed leaders we got .. But as far as this News is from BBC ... the Story must have 2 Side because they are damn so full of Shit

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
Taaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! Fake news... Just confirmed from my uncle who is an army officer and presently in maiduguri, don't take dz bullshit story serious.. I know my country Nigeria and it's army capabilities. Rubbish news.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Sagamite(m): 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
bayulll01:
God will continue in his infinite mercy continue to rule ur life and ur whole generation to come the same way Gej is ruling the affair of this country,shameless slowpoke,he's busy looting ur generation and here u are supporting him pple like u make me siick

You are a mooron!

You cannot even read! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hansad: 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
tit:

A similar scenario happened in Iraq.
Sunni officers simply told the units under their commands to disband. The man abandoned their equipment (which ISIS is showing off and using till day) and tried to melt into the general population.

We have seen videos of hundreds at a military school who surrendered without lifting a finger before they were machine gunned in a ditch.
Sabotage from divided loyalty on the part of some Nigerians is why Nigeria Army has not defeated B/Haram. Only Islamists and ignoramuses in Nigeria respectively dispute or do not know it. These groups blame Jonathan as they hide under tthe mantra that the buck stops on the president's table. But the president swore to protect Nigerians and the country's integrity knowing full well that the country's instruments of coercion - military and police - must remain loyal to the country to help him maintain what he swore to. But with divided loyalty, as is the case now where milliions of people from a section of Nigeria want an Islamic sharia-governed country, that makes a nonesense of the oath the president swore to protect Nigerians and the country's integrity. Nigerian soldiers desert because of divided loyalty resulting to high scale sabotage from Nigerians.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by naptu2: 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. 

https://www.nairaland.com/1873252/defence-headquarters-statement-nigerian-troops
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Mbediogu(m): 7:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
olapluto: 480!!! WOW!
Well, when they wont get salary on time, have to beg for bullets, and not assured of their family welfare in case they die in action, I dont blame them.
But 480 is an alarmingly high number. The president is not even bothered. He is setting a very very very disturbing precedence here in Nigeria. Never have we had so many deserters.
It is a shame that in a time of war, our leaders are weakening our army.
I fear that by the time GEJ hands over (hopefully next year), he may not have more than 32 states to hand over. Systematic disintegration of Nigeria is going on under a president that is happy to weaken the army to prevent a coup d'etat rather than equip the army to maintain territorial integrity of the country.

I honestly would not blame Mr. President here. If the military high command and service chiefs who have all it takes experientially have found themselves incapable; why talk about the President who has no military background? Giving a dog a bad name to hang it? It is obvious that the insurgents enjoy a lot of support in the areas where they operate. Mr. Preident has done the diplomatic sub-work by involving our Ecowas neighbors. Although this is not time to trade blames, it is also not time to pass the buck. Clearly, the problem as I see it rests on the military high command and our brothers from the North especially the elite politicians from there. We must remove Mr. President from blames in this matter. I am aware he asked for extra budgetary monies for the military in that regard but NAS turned him down. The option now is for the military to make best use of what is on the ground. The President has his blames in other areas, not here.
Finally, I want to say that as long as we keep trivializing such grave issue thro our half hearted non committed actions that are watered down by politicization, corruption and tribalism, Boko Haram will always prevail and our fortunes as a nation will continue to dip. Let us wake up as one to this call. We can go back to our tribalistic way of life (if we must) after eliminating the common enemy called Boko haram. God nless Nigeria, her people and leaders.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Bellfun(m): 7:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=skyfall]

You couldn't have said it better dear.If this buffon wins a 2nd term, then i'd be 100% certain that Nigeria is a country populated by lunatics.

U beat me to it!..may d Lord bless u everyday for this ur post!

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by ooshinibos: 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
Characteristics of a failed state ...and some people are still saying GEJ till 2019

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
If I find myself in their shoe, I will do same. I won't allow the senseless drunk use me as a sacrificial lamb.

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
apologies for attacking you on the nigerian army argument, now i see the light. Immediate i saw thread, you moniker came to mind.

You're cool.

I wasn't even alluding to you.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn:
Ozonna,

I remain anonymous but I do have a fairly decent amount of experiential knowledge in this subject area. The tank in question is a T55 essentially 1960 's tech. armour is not clearly effective against RPG7 or sustained 20mm fire, your advantage is in engaging Boko at distance of which its not that accurate against fast moving targets as it 100mm gun is not stabilised, and I am talking about a tank in top serviceable condition. Furthermore they are slow, most likely poorly serviced spare parts not available as they are essentially obsolete. and I suspect we did not deploy them in enough numbers to give us any kind of advantage.

In all honesty these armoured vehicles we have deployed are outdated don't have precision weapons stations and target acquisition software, for example a Boxster and or Patria MRAV with a remote weapons station even at night could acquire multiple target with 100% accuracy at 1.5km and beyond essentially take out 10 technicals before they even got near to 500metres. Furthermore, it could got toe to toe with a Boko technical and take hits without any penetration of its armour even RPG7s.

The Otokar Cobra which we use in frontal assaults is a Light armoured vehicle will not take hits from a 50cal and will be ripped open by a 20mm or above on those technicals. Not surprisingly we opted for the most basic model almost zero electronic interfacing, that's why they can be captured and we can't track them.

If you capture a US, French etc vehicle you have just set yourself up to be laser bombed and or Excaliber artillery shelled to your 73 virgins, furthermore all your movements communications incl. satellite wil be tracked and you will be at serious disadvantage. This is what modern fit for purpose linked in assets give you.

In as much as T55s are somewhat obsolete, if Nigeria had a well trained army, they should have been able modify those tanks to repel RPG's. I've seen a few clips of some boko haram fighters, including the ones that were posted today - and I honestly don't think they have that many ATGMs(that's if they have any, to be honest). Then you also have to question the lack of air support. Those alpha jets are target practice for anti-aircraft guns and apparently a lot of them have been badly damaged by BH fire. The military gear sums up everything wrong with them - the fact that they don't have/wear knee pads like all modernised army shows how obsolete the Nigerian military is.

Furthermore, you have to question where all the billions of dollars budgeted for defence since the insurgency started have been going. It doesn't even take that long to modernise an army, based on the threats/challenges it's facing. I'm still shocked Nigeria has no modern tanks. T80s and T90s aren't even that expensive. A unit goes for like between $2-4 million, and Nigeria should be able to afford hundreds of those tanks with ease - based on the threat the country is facing. The country has been at war for about four years now.

For air support: they honestly don't even need to buy 4th gen fighter jets - the Yak-130 trainer should be enough. And that's far superior to everything Nigeria has at the moment, and affordable as well.

Also, from the clips I saw today, the way the boko haramists were shooting indiscrimately without hitting any target (quite obvious with how they couldn't hit the two exhausted Nigerian soldiers running up the hill despite shooting hundreds of bullets) shows that, in as much as they're also poorly trained, they're highly motivated. And perhaps they also have superior tactics well suited to the terrain. Can the same be said about the Nigerian army? The morale is low and these guys are exhausted. And coupled with the fact that both sides are poorly trained - what happened isn't shocking.

Anyway, whoever court-martials those guy ought to be stoned to death. The human element has failed, and they should be allowed to go back to their families - till Nigeria is ready to do the right thing. You honestly can't blame them. The first thing you learn in the military is survival, not suicide - and they survived after the human element failed.

Finally, I read on a sitrep a few days ago that three Nigerian battalions were involved in that theatre: Nigerian Army 213 Battalion, Operation Task Force Mike, and 234 Battalion. What happened to the other two? Were they completely destroyed?

6 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
bayulll01:
bro I don't know what else to say,how did we end up with that guy

Its shameful....i shouted myself hoarse while talking to people way back then as to why PDP should never be trusted with another 4years irrespective of whoever that is flying their flag because the party has a tendency to stifle people's inate qualities

But trust Nigerians with their ethnoreligious considerations when it comes to critical issues

Few months down the line,those who knew me for my righteous indignation against PDP were the ones hurling monumental curse on the party and the benefactor of their votes and telling me 'you told us so'

The fuel subsidy scam and its attendant rally at Ojota brought out the best in people's disappointment with a government which prefers to pampers thieves and looters while inflicting life-threatning pains,anguish and sorrow on the common man

The Immigration job recritment scam and the 17 lives deliberately killed have further gone to confirm the insincerity of GEJ's administration to the plight of the youths who were the core of his support base.........The killer minister have not been sacked,no refund have been made,the ones promised the jobs have only read about those jobs on the pages of the newspaper

It has been one failed promise after another

You cant point at nothing that you are benefitting from government even if you pay for same......service is not commensurate with the money they rip off the masses

The last of what we can say we used to enjoy relatively which is peace is being taken off of us while the government points accusing fingers on the opposition without doing anything to bring the people to justice whether opposition or even members of their own party

2015 presents the best opportunity for us to inflict a mortal blow on the PDP for taking us for a ride this long.....we should never harken to the voice of those who surreptitiously have been telling us to keep enduring with the PDP while looters and mindlessly corrupt people are let off the hook

Our destiny as a Nation should be ethnic and colour blind......If it is an Igbo man,Hausa man,Nembe or Atheist that will take Nigeria to the next level,we should be open-minded enough to vote such a person and not be bogged down by Jonathanians whose product we have tatsed and have seen it to be full of bile

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by ooshinibos: 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
dat9jaguy: This is pure propaganda.The Nigeria Army is too Professional for that.I know what i am saying.

Go to borno ..if you are not too sure
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Litmus: 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
Before we get too carried away, let's not forget that the BBC report seems to be gleaned from the Cameroon Army. The Cameroon Army appears full of lies. They lied that they recused their vice presidents wife; they lied in many of their alleged victory against Bokoharam . Their tales cannot be trusted
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by spiralwedge(m): 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
the title of this thread made me laugh so hard grin grin
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by duni04(m): 7:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mbediogu:

I honestly would not blame Mr. President here. If the military high command and service chiefs who have all it takes experientially have found themselves incapable; why talk about the President who has no military background? Giving a dog a bad name to hang it? It is obvious that the insurgents enjoy a lot of support in the areas where they operate. Mr. Preident has done the diplomatic sub-work by involving our Ecowas neighbors. Although this is not time to trade blames, it is also not time to pass the buck. Clearly, the problem as I see it rests on the military high command and our brothers from the North especially the elite politicians from there. We must remove Mr. President from blames in this matter. I am aware he asked for extra budgetary monies for the military in that regard but NAS turned him down. The option now is for the military to make best use of what is on the ground. The President has his blames in other areas, not here.
Finally, I want to say that as long as we keep trivializing such grave issue thro our half hearted non committed actions that are watered down by politicization, corruption and tribalism, Boko Haram will always prevail and our fortunes as a nation will continue to dip. Let us wake up as one to this call. We can go back to our tribalistic way of life (if we must) after eliminating the common enemy called Boko haram. God nless Nigeria, her people and leaders.
Bros there's a reason why the president is called the commamder in chief, the buck stops at his desk. He's responsible for the military and their defeats or successes. His job is not just to dole out momey to the military, any i.diot can do that. He's supossed to provide leadership to the military as commander in chief and ensure the money is judiciously spent and the welfare of our soldiers is guarantied. That leadership and accountability is what is lacking with Jonathan.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

FG Excludes Lagos, Borno, Delta From Cash Transfer As N/W Gets Biggest Share / Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? / 774,000 Recruitment: Keyamo Threatens To Resign If Politicians Hijack Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.