Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? (14368 Views)

Is Nollywood Rivaling Black Hollywood? / Where Is Nollywood Located In Nigeria? / Is Nollywood Controlled By Igbos? (Tribalised?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by ghostofsparta(m): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
jennylove7575: I still stood my grounds that the name "Nollywood" made the nigeria movie industry look mediocre and exposed to underrating. That name should be changed to NIGERIA CINEMA. For once we should be proud of what we have. All this unnecessary borrowed foreign names wannabe we are fond of copying, ain't good for business. The name Nollywood made the movie industry look third class, over the top, unserious, lack of confidence in our product and a child's play. Nigeria movie industry need support to grow, its an obvious fact. But they should start by using their head to work. Too many illiterates with goofy talents are dwelling in the industry. The "me first" tradition in the industry ain't helping matters either...

sycamore: it has been scientifically* proven the Nollywood Movies reduce your IQ
^BEST 2 COMMENTS SO FAR

InvertedHammer: /
When push comes to shove....buy a camcorder 1080p and join the band wagon.

Males and females...love matter...cars and hotels...movies don set.

Wait for yawa to gas and use it as the title for your movie. After all by the time person go sabi say the movie sucks, they don buy am finish.

Update your wardrobe. Any where e dey happen, dress well and go there dey form "movie producer".

To produce movies these days na only 2 days work.
Nigerians lack professional touch in their ventures...any how is better than nothing, unless oyibo join am.

E never reach 2 months now wey I dey deal with First Bank just to get a "token" through their stupid Firstcontact and Diaspora banking crap. You will think I am talking with elementary school pupils. And these are the so-called graduates? And these people work at the corporste office? SMH for Nigeria. The future is very very, and I repeat, very bleak.

The best option is to reduce the standard to the barest minimum in any dealings that involve Nigerians. Emphasis is mine.

\

\
As usual your comments are not only hilariously on point but out of this world. An avid follower.

siverspooon:

you see I think you are very wrong in urA analysis. the problem with Nigeria is dat we take any type of shit in the name of 'we are trying'. which new NW movie are u talking about? even ije which is that biggest NW movie to hit d box office does so because it was shot oversea and to tell u d truth it was a piece of shit. look at half of a yellow sun with all d hypes but to my chagrin it is still a flop. our problem in Nigeria is dat once dia is a slight progress we make we overblow it without knowing dat we are still centuries backward. I don't blame them though its typical african mentality . that's why we always blame d west for our poverty and laziness. and thunde fire anybody who quotes me
@ bold red: EXCELLENT POINT and ONE OF THE PROBLEM (COMPLACENCY & UNORIGINALITY)

1 Like

Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Djicemob: 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
dabossman:

No disrespect, but this your cheap mentality is so warped. When a new movie is released in Hollywood, do you think they just start selling it on the streets for $1? People go to the cinemas to watch for between $7-$15 depending on the cinema and how many weeks it has been released. Then it is released on other mediums like DVD, Blu-ray, online platforms, Netflixs, Hulu etc and all of them cost money. That is why they can spend millions of dollars on a movie and make as much as 3 times their investment, if not more.

You want a Nigerian producer to invest like N50-150 million on a very good movie so you can then buy for N200 at Oshodi under bridge right?

And sorry a movie is not considered good just because the whole populace has seen it. It is good based on its content. Go to the cinemas, buy a ticket for between 1K-1.5K and stop looking for cheap movies.

Or is the quality of okrika bend-down-select the same as designer clothes bought from an upscale fashion shop.

You like beta thing but you no wan spend money.
Cheap mentality? Is that the term used for a fellow who simply ask to get good movies produced in his/her country at a desent prize?

My point is...the industry is seen as crappy cos the number of crappy movies is so much dat it supersedes the good movies for a 90-10 ratio.If not for anything there should be a balance.

Its more annoying that the so called good movies of nowadays tries too hard to convey african messenge from a western point of view.What happened to the good old village type movies showcasing our culture like the Igodos and the Ijeles?
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by londoner: 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
@all.....what was the title of the last Nollywood movie you watched?

Mine was Murder at Prime suites.
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Djicemob: 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
londoner:

Iroko tv is good. I don't go to the cinema to watch Nollywood movies. I paid a subscription of 30 pounds for 12 months, they have options for much less. It also came with a 14 day free trial, which you can cancel before you are due to pay.

At the end of the day, movies are not free anywhere in the world, whether they are on tv or disc, money is associated at some point. How may I ask, do you expect directors, producers, actors and actresses and all the support staff to earn a living and make back their investment, if the films are free?

People who can afford phone credit can afford one of the options out there to watch a movie.

It is because people have no respect for the hard work of an artist, that they feel their work should be free. Do you do your work for free, or at a reduced rate?

I totally disagree that a movie must reach all corners before it can be termed good.
I understand ur point but i think u don't understand mine.I never said movies should be given to the public for free.There are a lot of cheap nollywood movies out there,for example, when i walk into a video store, what i see most are cheap crappy NW movies,Meanwhile the good movies are scarce.Now my point is,how can u regard a movie industry when the good movies are always scarce?
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by londoner: 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
Djicemob: I understand ur point but i think u don't understand mine.I never said movies should be given to the public for free.There are a lot of cheap nollywood movies out there,for example, when i walk into a video store, what i see most are cheap crappy NW movies,Meanwhile the good movies are scarce.Now my point is,how can u regard a movie industry when the good movies are always scarce?

Well, they are not scarce.....they are just more secure and harder to pirate. That is why you don't see them for 100 naira in your local store and to me, that's a good thing. If people want to watch the better movies, why not pool resources and pitch in for the better ones and watch them with friends that would like to watch?

Start a video club and you will be able to watch all the movies you want, without breaking the law to do it. Then everyone is happy and no one is cheated.
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Djicemob: 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
londoner:

Well, they are not scarce.....they are just more secure and harder to pirate. That is why you don't see them for 100 naira in your local store and to me, that's a good thing. If people want to watch the better movies, why not pool resources and pitch in for the better ones and watch them with friends that would like to watch?

Start a video club and you will be able to watch all the movies you want, without breaking the law to do it. Then everyone is happy and no one is cheated.
I have a question for u bro...Do u agree with me that numbers of crappy NW movie are way more numbers of NW good movies? If yes,i think its safe to say that NW is messed up.If NO,then i guess u wanna live in denial which IMO is not good for the good of the industry.We need to task these people to make good movies.More good movies should be made,we don't lack anything to hinder us from making it happen.
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by mistermahn(m): 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
Edusouls: Shut up liar, 6billiön dollars, who dash monkey bananna, nollywood is a drama based industry, not movie, it is the worst movie industry in the world..it just worth about 12million naira or less..
if you dont know facts better shuttup the movie industry is contributing $6 billion to the gdp growth if you like you can research and douse your ignorance
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by londoner: 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
Djicemob: I have a question for u bro...Do u agree with me that numbers of crappy NW movie are way more numbers of NW good movies? If yes,i think its safe to say that NW is messed up.If NO,then i guess u wanna live in denial which IMO is not good for the good of the industry.We need to task these people to make good movies.More good movies should be made,we don't lack anything to hinder us from making it happen.

I'm a sister by the way.

In ALL movie industries, crappy movies outweigh the good ones. I will also add that I am seeing a marked distinction and a new sprouting in Nollywood away from the old. Consisting of increasingly better scripts , coupled with better (and new) acting talent, directing and visual/audio.

I'm very happy that the industry is turning a corner and have the patience to let change take shape in the time it needs to.

You can't really task anyone to do anything, especially when you are not prepared to pay for their hard work.

1 Like

Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by omar22(m): 7:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
car crash industry

$6bn haba

When Bollywood only generates around £1.3bn
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by dabossman(m): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
Djicemob: Who rents a NW movie for #1000? Those crappy movies don't exceed #100 to rent.

If good movies cost money and is business,why are these movies so far fetched and almost impossible to get in the neighborhood? Recent or old?

Yes, and when you pack 10 of that to watch in a week, or one every day of the week, how much does that add up to? 3,000-4,000? How is that different from me going to watch a movie every other weekend at Silverbird?

The standard process for blockbuster movies in the US is to first go to the cinemas. Most movies don't become available on DVD until about 3-6 months after the cinema release. And a recent movie DVD costs about $15 (N2,400). Good movies are not readily available in the neighbourhood because of the activities of pirates. Most good producers would rather give their movies to IrokoTV, IbakaTV, Dobox and so on after cinema screenings in Nigeria, UK and Us so they can at least recoup their investment. They have families to feed too you know.

1 Like

Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Sammyblaq(m): 7:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
RebelLeader15: 51 iweka raod Onitsha and 1/2 Pound road Aba is for IGBOwood

In the YORUBAwood you will hear something like zentury Pictures Kayode street Onipanu( owner of aluminium), Edidi lane Idumota Lagos or Alaba International market Ojo Alaba Lagos....

When you can't get your copy der, Hold your machete and gun, match straight to National Theatre
hahahaha...na d omos for you
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by dabossman(m): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
Djicemob: Cheap mentality? Is that the term used for a fellow who simply ask to get good movies produced in his/her country at a desent prize?

My point is...the industry is seen as crappy cos the number of crappy movies is so much dat it supersedes the good movies for a 90-10 ratio.If not for anything there should be a balance.

Its more annoying that the so called good movies of nowadays tries too hard to convey african messenge from a western point of view.What happened to the good old village type movies showcasing our culture like the Igodos and the Ijeles?

I apologize for the jibe. I meant no offence to your person. But you should know that pricing is a factor of production cost. You can't spend so much on a movie and then sell it at a price that will not ensure some measure of profit.

As I also stated earlier, there is a ready market for those crappy movies and that is a fact. That is why some Hollywood producers will continue to produce them. The grassroot folks are lapping it up. And you will never stopping seeing such. Those of us who want better quality will have to settle for the very few good ones available or continue to enjoy our Hollywood movies.

Finally, the Igodos and Ijeles are period pieces. You can't expect all Nollywood movies to depict us as raffia skirt wearing, bare-chested people. Shouldn't some movies depict our present day, highly westernized lifestyle.

No one is saying Nollywood is there yet; far from it, the industry is still scratching the surface, but there are signs that there will be improvement

1 Like

Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
Djicemob: I think the answer is not far fetched.

Hi peeps,i'm not writing this text as a movie expert or so but as a neutral/avid observer of the nigerian movie industry(Nollywood) which coincidentally finds it self in a country which i love and which happen to also be my fatherland/motherland(gotta have in mind the feminist lol).I would sincerely state that its been a while since i took nollywood seriously,as a matter of fact,i started watching nollywood movies with a comic mindset after the good ol days of Igodo,Ijele,died wretched,last burial,karashika,domitila,ayamatanga,glamour girls,vuga,the price,blood money,cry for help et al.

Gone are those days when you watch a nigerian movie and your heart skipped at one point or another or you cried or almost cried as a result of the highly packed suspense,intrigue,creativity,sorrow,mind captivation,romance,action and so on that were pervaded in those movies.I can't really say the same for movies been produced nowadays.If its not the mind-numbling 'blackberry girls',it would be a 'fazebook babes' fiasco or the '2go babes','girls on fire','baby oku','campus girls','oga on top','bold5 babes' et al Where you see mature peeps trying out childish and fake attempt in acting.

But lemme not bore you with what you already know,as you all know that comparing nollywood in terms of QUALITY with most movie industry abroad would be quite pointless.Don't be deceived when you see nollywood ratings go high,those ratings are solely based on QUANTITY of movies released.I'll just go straight to present to ya'll EIGHT'8'reasons why i feel the industry(Nollywood) is all messed up now.

1.Poor story lines-You watch a whole movie without making any sense of it just to be hit in the face with a "Watch out for part two" allusion at the end.

2.Iteration of actors/actresses-You get to see the same set of actors/actresses in every movie.Kinda boring to watch init?

3.Lack of creative directors-Lets admit it our direction ain't creative enough to pull a full length movie and keep you at the edge of your sit,sometimes the first 20mins of a movie,you see nothing except names,adverts and so on before the actual movie starts and last 30mins.

4.Lack of talents-When i see some of the actresses and actors in a nollywood movie,am like "Is this person supposed to be there at all?" Why not give the role to someone who can actually interpret the role? It musn't be Mercy johnson or Tonto dike you know.Each has their strong point.A non-famous guy or girl on the street can be taken and tutored for a role and he or she would interpret the role better,that's how stars are made(Ask the Americans).

5.Lack of proper funding-Most nollywood movies i have seen have that cheap looks thereby lacking the proper interpretation and quality of story lines.

6.Lack of qualified personnel-I sometimes wonder if all these movie makers(Producers,directors,script writers,other crew members,actors and actresses)are actually qualified like attending movie making schools or having theatre arts degrees or do they have what it takes to make a good movie?

7.Too money minded-These movie makers obviously looks money minded than quality minded.I guess that's the reason why new movies surface almost everyday from this side of the planet and in the end,the all turn out to be crap cos of the short time frame used to make them.

8.Over Acting-They tend to over cry,laugh,cough and do most things in excess and more annoying,u'll see a supposedly village girl biting her tongue on that british accent thereby making the role un-natural and/fake.

Well peeps,these are my OPINIONS,lets have yours...

the most garbage movie industry in the world. Filled with sh.it and more sh.it. My problem is mostly wif the fact dat they don't even no the meaning of the art of cinema. How many of them even go to film schools or school of performing arts? Directors and actors alike. One bloody banker would wake up one day and say dat he wants to enter the entertainment industry then start churning out RUBBISH in the name of movies. F.uck dem
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
although i saw this movie titled "FESTIVAL OF MADNESS" starring nkem owoh, john okafor and okey bakassi as the lead characters and i gotta say....mehn dat movie. I was laffing like i was high on sum gud "kwale e.gbo". Best movie ever...even better than 2008's "the dark knight" and 2012's "the avengers"
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by hameen11: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
MYSTERIOUS!!! Meet 14yrs old Ali Hussain, The Boy With The Body Of A 110-year-old Man (photos)

This 14-year-old boy, Ali Hussain, has been left with the body of a 110-year-old
in India because he has a rare disease which makes him age eight times
faster than normal.

For Full news and More Photos About this Mysterious Boy Click the link Below. Viewers discretion!!

http://www.tininews.com/meet-14yrs-old-ali-hussain-boy-body-110-year-old-man-photos/

Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by anonimi: 8:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
tonyayo1:

P.S - I know there are a lot of mediocres in the industry that doesn't want to improve their craft, what we hear everyday is that we suck we suck, why? because we watch rubbish they produce, I rather use my N150 to buy 20 in 1 HW 90's movies than to buy or rent all those craps they call movie, the only way to change all this is for us to stop patronising their crappy movies, many of us that bashes those movies will still hire and watch them, still we come here to complain that NW is crap, you rather stop watching those craps than coming here to bash them. O.P it's nothing personnal o, abegi ejoo...

Very excellent comment highlighted there.
Simple demand & supply..........if there is no demand for a product the supply will soon dey up or re-invent itself.
No more, no less.
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by anonimi: 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
Djicemob: So u mean a poor man doesn't have the right to a good movie too? why must a movie be made in my country and i have to go the cinema before i can see it

How do you think Americans see the "movies made in their own country" - by going to the cinemas paying a small amount per person or buying pirated copies and staying home to watch
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by anonimi: 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
Djicemob: All i'm saying is NW needs to improve.I don't know but there should be some kinda board regulating the industry to save us from those thrash we see everywhere.More like a central regulatory board to receive every movie on completion for assessment,and if its not up to standard shouldn't be allowed release.Even if we make ten movies for the whole year and they are good,no problem.

It seems you are too LAZY to use your purchasing POWER to influence the production of good movies that you want as clearly explained to you already.
Why
is anyone forcing you or some other person to watch what you yourself have described as crappy films shocked
No regulatory board should control what standard of movies are allowed to go out or not. Their business is to ensure movies are APPROPRIATELY CLASSIFIED for viewing age and ban those that are completely outrageous.
The MARKET made up of sundry consumers like you will determine (over time) what quality/standard DOMINATES in the industry.

P.S: If they do not bring the good movies to show in cinemas in your base- (Abuja?), then you can travel over a weekend to where they have them showing in cinemas. Na so oyinbo people wey dey live for small towns/villages dey go big town for go chill wink

1 Like

Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Djicemob: 9:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
anonimi:

How do you think Americans see the "movies made in their own country" - by going to the cinemas paying a small amount per person or buying pirated copies and staying home to watch
U guys talk cinema.How many cinemas are there in nigeria? Its not like we have atleast one cinema in every state of the country u know.

BTW bro/sis u can make ur points without directing affrontive statements to me.I suppose We should be having mature discussions or debates here like adults.
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Komex(m): 12:03am On Sep 02, 2014
You should check out www.fimvillage.com if you feel you have something to say about a movie, join this community and rate and review movies, give them the score and review you think it deserve, also join a forum of other movie lovers all over Africa to talk on this matter. Fim Village is the first dedicated African Movie Social Network

1 Like

Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by deeobserver209(m): 2:10am On Sep 02, 2014
Personally I don't watch Nolly Wood movies. Too boring.

1 Like

Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Komex(m): 8:06am On Sep 02, 2014
deeobserver209: Personally I don't watch Nolly Wood movies. Too boring.

Have some faith Man...Recently it has been going very well...good story, great pictures etc...Who Agrees? Visit No. 1 African Movie Social Network @ fimvillage.com If you don't find your favourite movie, you can add to the database by submitting a movie or suggesting a celebrity too. Tones of games to play and win.
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Edusouls(m): 9:14am On Sep 02, 2014
Foolish nigerians, with shallow mind, please tell me where and how nollywood make 6billion dollars, do u know what is 50 million dollars, talkless of a billion dollar, and then 6 billion dollars, money that some countries a whole dont even have, from which source re u people getting this fake and garbage information that deceive u people like this?
mistermahn: if you dont know facts better shuttup the movie industry is contributing $6 billion to the gdp growth if you like you can research and douse your ignorance
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 02, 2014
tonyayo1: O.P, one word for you; you are still into 'old NW movies,' or maybe you've not heard about new NW? If your answer is no, bros you still dey very far... We all know that NW churns out 99% of crappy movies, but we produce 1% of good ones and they are under the new NW production. I haven't seen upto 10 new NW movies, why? 'Cause there are no cinemas in Aba, and that hurts. So let me kinda prove you wrong base on the movies (new NW) I've seen, it's nothing personal o, and I must add: please please biko stop watching those old NW movies, it's unhealthy to watch them. So...

1. Poor story: Every country flaws in this category sha but have you seen white waters or figurine, they don't have part two though, those are good storyline.

2. Same actors/actress: Not in my new NW.

3. No creative directors: mmmh... Tchidi chikere (Dumobi)Biyi bandele (Half of a yellow sun), kunle afolayan (Figurine) etc these guys are good.

4. Lack of talents: I don't think so, old NW stuff (handpicking cast)

5. Lack of proper funding: Not in new NW, in new NW, talented filmmakers make movies base on the budget, it is not a must that you'll use 3m to shoot an action pack movies.

6. Qualified personnel: this doesn't make one a perfect filmmaker, experience/enthusiasm/passion does, even world class movie makers like james cameroun, quentin taratino etc attend no film schools, it is OK to attend film schools but not a must.

7. Money minded: being money minded after releasing a quality film? Is Ok by me o, 'cause it's a business also.

8. Over acting: some does sha, but 99% of them are seen in old NW.

P.S - I know there are a lot of mediocres in the industry that doesn't want to improve their craft, what we hear everyday is that we suck we suck, why? because we watch rubbish they produce, I rather use my N150 to buy 20 in 1 HW 90's movies than to buy or rent all those craps they call movie, the only way to change all this is for us to stop patronising their crappy movies, many of us that bashes those movies will still hire and watch them, still we come here to complain that NW is crap, you rather stop watching those craps than coming here to bash them. O.P it's nothing personnal o, abegi ejoo...

Ok I get it.
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by tomiobj(m): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
Djicemob: I think the answer is not far fetched.

Hi peeps,i'm not writing this text as a movie expert or so but as a neutral/avid observer of the nigerian movie industry(Nollywood) which coincidentally finds it self in a country which i love and which happen to also be my fatherland/motherland(gotta have in mind the feminist lol).I would sincerely state that its been a while since i took nollywood seriously,as a matter of fact,i started watching nollywood movies with a comic mindset after the good ol days of Igodo,Ijele,died wretched,last burial,karashika,domitila,ayamatanga,glamour girls,vuga,the price,blood money,cry for help et al.

Gone are those days when you watch a nigerian movie and your heart skipped at one point or another or you cried or almost cried as a result of the highly packed suspense,intrigue,creativity,sorrow,mind captivation,romance,action and so on that were pervaded in those movies.I can't really say the same for movies been produced nowadays.If its not the mind-numbling 'blackberry girls',it would be a 'fazebook babes' fiasco or the '2go babes','girls on fire','baby oku','campus girls','oga on top','bold5 babes' et al Where you see mature peeps trying out childish and fake attempt in acting.

But lemme not bore you with what you already know,as you all know that comparing nollywood in terms of QUALITY with most movie industry abroad would be quite pointless.Don't be deceived when you see nollywood ratings go high,those ratings are solely based on QUANTITY of movies released.I'll just go straight to present to ya'll EIGHT'8'reasons why i feel the industry(Nollywood) is all messed up now.

1.Poor story lines-You watch a whole movie without making any sense of it just to be hit in the face with a "Watch out for part two" allusion at the end.

2.Iteration of actors/actresses-You get to see the same set of actors/actresses in every movie.Kinda boring to watch init?

3.Lack of creative directors-Lets admit it our direction ain't creative enough to pull a full length movie and keep you at the edge of your sit,sometimes the first 20mins of a movie,you see nothing except names,adverts and so on before the actual movie starts and last 30mins.

4.Lack of talents-When i see some of the actresses and actors in a nollywood movie,am like "Is this person supposed to be there at all?" Why not give the role to someone who can actually interpret the role? It musn't be Mercy johnson or Tonto dike you know.Each has their strong point.A non-famous guy or girl on the street can be taken and tutored for a role and he or she would interpret the role better,that's how stars are made(Ask the Americans).

5.Lack of proper funding-Most nollywood movies i have seen have that cheap looks thereby lacking the proper interpretation and quality of story lines.

6.Lack of qualified personnel-I sometimes wonder if all these movie makers(Producers,directors,script writers,other crew members,actors and actresses)are actually qualified like attending movie making schools or having theatre arts degrees or do they have what it takes to make a good movie?

7.Too money minded-These movie makers obviously looks money minded than quality minded.I guess that's the reason why new movies surface almost everyday from this side of the planet and in the end,the all turn out to be crap cos of the short time frame used to make them.

8.Over Acting-They tend to over cry,laugh,cough and do most things in excess and more annoying,u'll see a supposedly village girl biting her tongue on that british accent thereby making the role un-natural and/fake.

Well peeps,these are my OPINIONS,lets have yours...
. Even tho nollywood is d 2nd largest movie industry in the world. It is usually seen as a mockery outside nigeria. Don't let me get started on yoruba movies. They like flashbacks too much,everything flashback. And you found out the whole movie was a flashback and the person telling the movie dies. A person gets shot on the arm (gunshout sounding 'pa') the person wakes up in an hospital with bandage on his head
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Djicemob: 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
tomiobj: . Even tho nollywood is d 2nd largest movie industry in the world. It is usually seen as a mockery outside nigeria. Don't let me get started on yoruba movies. They like flashbacks too much,everything flashback. And you found out the whole movie was a flashback and the person telling the movie dies. A person gets shot on the arm (gunshout sounding 'pa') the person wakes up in an hospital with bandage on his head
You are spot on
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by omat20(m): 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
tomiobj: . Even tho nollywood is d 2nd largest movie industry in the world. It is usually seen as a mockery outside nigeria. Don't let me get started on yoruba movies. They like flashbacks too much,everything flashback. And you found out the whole movie was a flashback and the person telling the movie dies. A person gets shot on the arm (gunshout sounding 'pa') the person wakes up in an hospital with bandage on his head
grin
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by Dibiachukwu: 1:28am On Sep 03, 2014
NO
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by morsadh(m): 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
odun4love: NO

I can't never allow my kids to watch Nollywood... Never
What are they teaching us... Yoruba is even worst,every wednesday they release new films ..and come think of it, na baba lawo house them fit like to go or alfa house....
And na so so witch film them like to do.... . If your wife no be witch, ur mother will be witch... Yeye films

Nigerian english film too...they wanna be like holywood, police go hold gun without bullet,... They can film u inside car with the camera shaking....
every yoruba movie? Really? No offense, but that 'fact' sounds falsified. I can tell you that there are good Yoruba movies, without the babalawo and juju aspect.
Re: Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? by morsadh(m): 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
siverspooon:

you see I think you are very wrong in ur analysis. the problem with Nigeria is dat we take any type of shit in the name of 'we are trying'. which new NW movie are u talking about? even ije which is that biggest NW movie to hit d box office does so because it was shot oversea and to tell u d truth it was a piece of shit. look at half of a yellow sun with all d hypes but to my chagrin it is still a flop. our problem in Nigeria is dat once dia is a slight progress we make we overblow it without knowing dat we are still centuries backward. I don't blame them though its typical african mentality . that's why we always blame d west for our poverty and laziness. and thunde fire anybody who quotes me
I quote u, oya back to sender! grin On a more serious note though. The tale of Nigerian Movie Industry could be equivalent to the story of the entertainment industry, where 'nonsense' sells. I maintain though that there are movies with good stories, which never gained as much fame as some of these crappy films. We need many things, which include the word 'help' in the NMI!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Quam’s Money Full Movie By Falz / Project Fame West Africa Season 2 / Download Kani Part 1 And 2 By Bukky Wright

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.