Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,396 members, 7,954,574 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” - Fashion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” (30623 Views)

Photo: Can You Wear This Outfit? / Video Tutorial : Download Free Makeup Tutorial For Black Women / Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by anumide(f): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
makeitplain:

[b]Well dont ignore the truth in the argument. U just need to reflect and be more deep in the way u think about this issue. I think relaxers and extensions in braids are not so bad because women with it do not necessarily wanna copy white women with the resultant look of the hair styles while they are done. They are just enhancing thier hair in a way may be to be softer and easy to comb or to look longer when its braided but I have serious issues with weaves that covers ur scalp and Gods given hair completely in order to mimic a white woman's hair. I don't know why ladies dont get that.

I have had women really take me as an enemy just because I explain to them that they look more beautiful if they do something with their natural hair. Nope, they think they only look beautiful with fake white woman's hair. Its so saddening. Picture this, a white lady will admire a black woman's hair only if she sees typical black styles like cornrows, braids, afro puffs and all that. But she cant admire a black woman's hair when she has weaves on u know why?

1) Cos she knows the weaves are fake, they are not ur hair anyway
2) Cos she can't be thrilled cos she has a better, natural form of the hair u are trying to copy on her head, she doesnt have to buy it so she doesnt care if u bought the fake hair with ur entire salary of a month
3) On the other hand, she can only admire what she can never have or cant have easily even if she wants to try such as ur afro, ur braids etc

So if black women are wise, they should be a proponent of trying to make typical black hairstyles look cool not quickly jump into defensive anytime the weave issues are raised just as if those who are concerned about the damaging politics of weaves like us just want to bash black women.. noooooooo. Remember u want to die mimicking their own hair cos they make it lool cool?

Do u know why black women are conditioned by the media and businesses to love weaves? because ur weave addiction makes white folks/the koreans richer. They get to sell it to u, its a billion dollar business going from poor blacks pocket to already rich white folks just because u want to look like them. They dont want it, to them its waste but to u its gold so they like that u love it and they will fool u to make u think its cool that u love it cos they want to keep getting ur money. Remember that there are Afro wigs in the market? But white folks wont wear it except when they want to clown, that is how much they wont wear ur own hair but on the flipside imagine how much u are dying to wear the hair of those that wont wear yours?

So it takes black women that think very deeply to understand why they have to stop it. The few deep ones amongst them have stopped though and I love them for that.[/b]
At least u sabi explain with common sense. Anyways, I can't stop. Wearing weaves, they last longer than my genetically short hair. What I won't. Do is spend all my feeding money on hair do
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by ifekemmy(f): 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
From your picture, you have make up on, and that u equally used attached. Please try building up your own self esteem by doing away with all the fakes on you. Thanks.

U re welcome, does dat means wat is in my picture is all i use to do,am sorry to disappoint u dat i dnt fake. I dnt even get u by building my own self esteem, on top wetin. If u see artificial ladies u go run.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by BlackLeopard(m): 2:11am On Aug 28, 2014
Honestly I think dey whine about makeup cos they feel inferior round ladies so pretty and admired ba everyone grin
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by macof(m): 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
By the comments of this thread I can see Nigerian ladies hate their "Africanness"
How can the next generation grow and uplift the African values when the mothers have stupidly rejected their natural African features to copy white ladies

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by BlackLeopard(m): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
macof: By the comments of this thread I can see Nigerian ladies hate their "Africanness"
How can the next generation grow and uplift the African values when the mothers have stupidly rejected their natural African features to copy white ladies

Or more to da point, when their fathers are never satisfied no matter how much hard work do the mothers put into everything, self care an being educated on foreign trends an open minded to new things included

Misogynoir ain't be helping the ladies in anything.

If ya so worried about next generation, bro, ya start with the current one.

3 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by jantavanta(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
World Record Holder for Afro Hairstyle

http://www.aevindugas.com

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Stillfire: 3:02am On Aug 29, 2014
Can you idio.tic Nigerian male devils stay away from black hair topics with your sickening and disgusting way of speaking? Which other race of men speak on female vanity than these losers called black men? Rubbish!

Anyway to my black ladies,
There are products that can help maintain your natural hair. Quite a few would still need a relaxer to be honest. But I believe most of us can still manage the hair in its natural state. Don't listen to the frustrated goons that want to demean you, that is what the blackie devils know how to do best from America down to Africa. Nigeria men have taken over the thugs in America. You and I know it is not insecurity. You were born into it and it was like any normal thing. However there are products available now that can be used to maintain natural hair. I saw one idio.t talking about Ethiopian hair here. Really how can you compare their hair to ours? Even African American hair is very different from West African hair. You see why these losers need to stay out of discussing hair...

Anyway, I'm natural and not only will you not spend your money, you will also spend timeeeeee on it. It would be nice if we all go natural, not because of these evil black men that talk with both sides of the mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by missEmjay(f): 10:22am On Aug 29, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Just another excuse to cover her inherent low self esteem and self hate. How embarrassing for you to come in here and tell us how much you hate the hair God gave you but turn around to whine when we tell you how pathetic and insecure you are. Keep giving excuses because thats all you have to argue with because you have no other reason to discontinue your white-worshipping.

About clothes ; Thats the most sorry and embarrassing defense ever made. People wear clothes to cover their bodies not because their skin is ugly ,unlike this shameless black woman I am quoting who openly tells everybody how ugly her hair is and how much she hates herself.
She hates herself so much she has to go buy fake hair to cover the beautiful hair that is unique which God has blessed her with. This is annoying and utterly disgusting.
H
Another hair hatted hooligan!
This is not about low self esteem, slavery or wateva. Ladies use these attachments and relaxers because it is BETTER than natural hair. It is not an insult to God at all. Y not eat raw rice because God created it like dat huh? humans just strive to make things beta and easier hence d need for relaxers which help to soften hair, and attachments which helps those that don't have long hair. If yu say we don't like how God created us, then stop eatin cooked Beans since God created raw Beans. Hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by missEmjay(f): 10:49am On Aug 29, 2014
some ladies might overdo it but you can't just go about, hating on all black women wu use artificial hair. ladies just opt for easier ways to keep their hair in shape is all
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by blackweaver(m): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
missEmjay:
Ladies use these attachments and relaxers because it is BETTER than natural hair.

I'm not sure i agree with that statement, you feel relaxing your hair or using attachment is more convenient, ok i have no argument with that, but not saying it's better. I prefer seeing real hair (relaxed or not) to attachments, though i'm ok with dreads.

So if you say in your opinion attachments are better, fine that's your opinion, i won't argue with that, but to say generally that they are better, guess what dear, in my opinion they're not better. All the same i agree that they are probably more convenient so it's a free world, you do whatever you want

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by fayahsoul: 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
Stillfire: Can you idio.tic Nigerian male devils stay away from black hair topics with your sickening and disgusting way of speaking? Which other race of men speak on female vanity than these losers called black men? Rubbish!

Anyway to my black ladies,
There are products that can help maintain your natural hair. Quite a few would still need a relaxer to be honest. But I believe most of us can still manage the hair in its natural state. Don't listen to the frustrated goons that want to demean you, that is what the blackie devils know how to do best from America down to Africa. Nigeria men have taken over the thugs in America. You and I know it is not insecurity. You were born into it and it was like any normal thing. However there are products available now that can be used to maintain natural hair. I saw one idio.t talking about Ethiopian hair here. Really how can you compare their hair to ours? Even African American hair is very different from West African hair. You see why these losers need to stay out of discussing hair...

Anyway, I'm natural and not only will you not spend your money, you will also spend timeeeeee on it. It would be nice if we all go natural, not because of these evil black men that talk with both sides of the mouth.
You call black men evil because they are advising their women to be natural and have self love? Seriously can you get any more twisted? unbelievable.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Solariz: 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by fayahsoul: 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
I think it's about time the sane and conscious folk within the black nation take drastic measures to address this threat. This is not a matter of individual choice or rights or whatever because the black woman reproduces the black nation and since the portal through which we arrive earth remains faulty then the nation faces perpetual stagnation. For things to change some measure of force must be applied. Obviously these self hating black women lack a moral conscience hence the failure of all moral appeal tendered. So we have to make it a legal issue and the best approach will be to pass a bill demanding an outright ban of all fake hair(wigs, weave ons, attachments etc) as well as cosmetics(relaxers, bleaching/toning creame etc). that alter our natural black beingness and are known to be a health risk. Wearing or using any of such products should be illegal and criminalized just like narcotic drugs since they are equally addictive and also pose a threat to the survival of the black race. We must save our women. The indo-european devil have taken control of their minds therefore we are in a state of war. Wake the f*u*c*k up.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by missEmjay(f): 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
blackweaver:

in my opinion they're not better. All the same i agree that they are probably more convenient so it's a free world, you do whatever you want
that's good. yu gave ur opinion. But generalising it and saying women wu use attachments hv low self esteem is wrong! Different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by blackweaver(m): 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
missEmjay:
that's good. yu gave ur opinion. But generalising it and saying women wu use attachments hv low self esteem is wrong! Different strokes for different folks.

you observe I didn't say that, I don't agree with the sentiment that use of attachment is a sign of low self-esteem, I think it's more of a trend, like I said, I'm not a fan of attachments but I'm sure there are lots of other guys who prefer women with attachments, despite the comments of majority of the guys on this thread I'm sure if they took a survey of the guys between 16&40 in this country, the guys that prefer attachment would probably be higher, so my dear in my opinion a lot of women do it because of pressure from society, besides if you went natural you would probably face as much if not more criticism from the people around you . Bottom line na you get your life, no matter what you do, there will always be someone that will complain
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by blackweaver(m): 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
fayahsoul: Wearing or using any of such products should be illegal and criminalized just like narcotic drugs since they are equally addictive and also pose a threat to the survival of the black race. We must save our women. The indo-european devil have taken control of their minds therefore we are in a state of war. Wake the f*u*c*k up.

You want to save your women? ok tell me, when was the last time you complemented someone natural on her hair? When was the last time you gave someone natural preferential treatment because of her hair? If you're in a relationship, i hope the person you're dating is natural, the way you're going on. Bros you need to stop being unfair, when a Nigerian won miss world was she natural? What percentage of black models / supermodels are natural and who are the people that promote these models what percentage of promoters are women?
Let us be honest with ourselves, the main reason why women use these attachments is not because of self esteem, it's because of men. The movies you see are mostly produced by men, how many producers would prefer a woman going natural to one with attachments or relaxed hair? Believe me when the entertainment industry gives more preference to natural women, you won't need to make these kind of posts for women to go natural

2 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by fayahsoul: 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
blackweaver:

You want to save your women? ok tell me, when was the last time you complemented someone natural on her hair?
Guy like say you be nairaland newbie. If you know my history on nairaland alone you definetly wont be asking me that. lol.

blackweaver:
When was the last time you gave someone natural preferential treatment because of her hair?
Again refer to my comment above. Our natural sistas are goddess incanate; an embodiment of black beauty.True queens of the earth and the inter-dimensional conduite and supreme pillars holding the phantom link between the heavens and earth. Respect is given to whom it's due.

blackweaver:
If you're in a relationship, i hope the person you're dating is natural,
Bros i dont know where you live but here in naija young conscious natural sistas are very scarce. So when i go into a relationship i try to show the self hating sista the light of self love and knowledge but unfortunately they always refuse to see and this inevitably leads to a break up. I dont tolerate evil.

blackweaver:
the way you're going on. Bros you need to stop being unfair
huh? am unfair? Am advising our women to stop disgracing the black nation with their self hate and to learn to appreciate and love the way God made them. Now how is that unfair? how can truth be unfair?

blackweaver:
, when a Nigerian won miss world was she natural? What percentage of black models / supermodels are natural and who are the people that promote these models what percentage of promoters are women?

Guy i cant sit and watch a bunch of self hating sistas display their stupidity to the world. It's too shamefull and annoying. Regardless, what you are talking about are the negative behavioural symptoms exhibited by a group of mental slaves; male and female inclusive. Look, both gender are victims of the false indoctrinatons of indo-europeans but for change to come it must begin with our women because they hold the keys to our mental chains and cell blocks.

blackweaver:
Let us be honest with ourselves, the main reason why women use these attachments is not because of self esteem, it's because of men.
Here we go again. This is not true. Just check their responses so far on this thread. They engage in these self hating act because it makes them feel more 'sophisticated' and 'refined'. In their twisted mind they believe it enables self development. They are ashamed of their natural hair for stupid reasons best known to them so they seek recourse in wearing these nasty indo-european fake hair. Dont be fooled. Every adult, unless physicaly forced to do so, is responsible for their action; the cause of said action notwithstanding. Some guys commit all sorts of crime for money just to meet the materialistic demands of women. Would you now blame women for these crimes?

blackweaver:
The movies you see are mostly produced by men, how many producers would prefer a woman going natural to one with attachments or relaxed hair?
Entertainment is 90% business and 10% arts. These greedy producers give the self hating masses what they want. Art doesnt only imitate life it also reinforces it. If a lie is told repeatedly, and for a long time, it becomes accepted as true.

blackweaver:
Believe me when the entertainment industry gives more preference to natural women, you won't need to make these kind of posts for women to go natural
No it should be the other way round. The entertainment industry is just one of many economic sectors within society and it's run be every day folk like you and i who project their experiences and believes throughout society via media outlets. They know what the demand is and act accordingly to satify it. Therefore a change in media content will take effect only when there is a revolutionary culture in place.............................. Peace to the gods of the earth.

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by red101(f): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
fayahsoul, I don't really understand how you really believe that any woman will listen to your condescending, abusive, paternalistic comments and take you seriously. Maybe you are just being intentionally provocative.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Stillfire: 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
fayahsoul:
You call black men evil because they are advising their women to be natural and have self love? Seriously can you get any more twisted? unbelievable.

Yes you lot are evil. And it's best you keep your evil, depressing thoughts to yourself. What you and your dirty ilk of black men do is NOT advice. I am very old enough to know an advice from an ATTACK. Keep your satanic claws from black women. When I went natural years ago, it was not as a result of your ill-thought out rebukes. It was a personal decision and I've been able to influence other girls to do the same. I would do a better job advising girls because I'm not coming from a place of frustration which the black man is eternally cursed with and for that reason chooses to attack black women at the drop of a hat. It is best you channel your vocal onslaught on better rewarding prospects like how you can take back Africa from the clutches of western forces. That is what men do, rather than shamelessly dilly dally on about female vanity. If black men had any iota of sense, you should be thinking of controlling the natural hair care market that is gaining precedence before impostors take over. What racial category of men sit back to talk about female vanity other than black men? Abomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even get me started! kiss

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by blackweaver(m): 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
fayahsoul:
Guy like say you be nairaland newbie. If you know my history on nairaland alone you definetly wont be asking me that. lol.

I've been on nairaland for a pretty long time, you can check my profile to see when I joined, that said, i generally don't comment on these kind of threads, you're more likely to see me in the technology section

Bros i dont know where you live but here in naija young conscious natural sistas are very scarce. So when i go into a relationship i try to show the self hating sista the light of self love and knowledge but unfortunately they always refuse to see and this inevitably leads to a break up. I dont tolerate evil.

I've lived in naija all my life , funny enough my fiancee is natural, that said, if you're so particular about a natural sister, why not go for a natural and leave the non-natural ones alone, going into a relationship to change someone is not the best way to make the relationship work

huh? am unfair? Am advising our women to stop disgracing the black nation with their self hate and to learn to appreciate and love the way God made them. Now how is that unfair? how can truth be unfair?

Tell me 2 black women of international influence with natural hair , and tell me the impact or even the effort they've made towards promoting natural hair

Guy i cant sit and watch a bunch of self hating sistas display their stupidity to the world. It's too shamefull and annoying. Regardless, what you are talking about are the negative behavioural symptoms exhibited by a group of mental slaves; male and female inclusive. Look, both gender are victims of the false indoctrinatons of indo-europeans but for change to come it must begin with our women because they hold the keys to our mental chains and cell blocks.

By self hating sisters, i take it you're talking about Nigerian ladies, because if you're talking about black ladies in general you're probably including people like Condolezza
Rice and Michelle Obama. Well if you think they are self hating too I guess I don't have anything else to say to you on that matter, your mind is pretty made up

Here we go again. This is not true. Just check their responses so far on this thread. They engage in these self hating act because it makes them feel more 'sophisticated' and 'refined'. In their twisted mind they believe it enables self development. They are ashamed of their natural hair for stupid reasons best known to them so they seek recourse in wearing these nasty indo-european fake hair. Dont be fooled. Every adult, unless physicaly forced to do so, is responsible for their action; the cause of said action notwithstanding. Some guys commit all sorts of crime for money just to meet the materialistic demands of women. Would you now blame women for these crimes?

going by your responses I would like to believe you don't sag your trousers, you don't smoke and you only drink in moderation if at all, you know something, no offense but judging by your comments you're a very principled person, however you also strike me as someone who isn't very patient. You cannot tell the world the way they should live, and just because so many people make their hair like the whites doesn't make them people with inferiority complex, you complain about their responses, guy if someone found fault with something you do you would be defensive too, that's just human nature and not a sign of a complex. You want the women around you to go natural, my advice stick to your immediate family,, trying to change anyone else would be offensive to the person - especially in the manner you're going about it

Entertainment is 90% business and 10% arts. These greedy producers give the self hating masses what they want. Art doesnt only imitate life it also reinforces it. If a lie is told repeatedly, and for a long time, it becomes accepted as true.

just remember that about 50% of those masses (more or less ) are male, the music videos you see are generally male oriented towards males, the females that dance in the videos dance and dress provocatively to get the attention of men

No it should be the other way round. The entertainment industry is just one of many economic sectors within society and it's run be every day folk like you and i who project their experiences and believes throughout society via media outlets. They know what the demand is and act accordingly to satify it. Therefore a change in media content will take effect only when there is a revolutionary culture in place.............................. Peace to the gods of the earth.

maybe in an ideal world that would be the case, unfortunately there's nothing ideal about this world, the boys that sag on the streets sag because some popular people sag, that is the reality of life I don't like it, you may not, but it's so. Would you now say that guys that sag have a prison mentality?

bottom line I've heard your points but I don't buy your conclusion, and judging by the comments of many of the ladies on this thread, I'm not the only one
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by fayahsoul: 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
red101: fayahsoul, I don't really understand how you really believe that any woman will listen to your condescending, abusive, paternalistic comments and take you seriously. Maybe you are just being intentionally provocative.
chai am all that? na wa o and here i was thinking that i was just saying the simple truth; well may be in a rather harsh tone to some. Nonetheless, my sista most people cant handle the truth. No matter how politely it's said it will always be a vexation. Understand that this is a very weighty issue that ought to be addressed decisively. And yes i want to provoke the thoughts of my people. This will compelled us to really question the various abnormal normalities with our nation. Peace be upon you.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by fayahsoul: 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
Stillfire:

Yes you lot are evil. And it's best you keep your evil, depressing thoughts to yourself. What you and your dirty ilk of black men do is NOT advice. I am very old enough to know an advice from an ATTACK. Keep your satanic claws from black women. When I went natural years ago, it was not as a result of your ill-thought out rebukes. It was a personal decision and I've been able to influence other girls to do the same. I would do a better job advising girls because I'm not coming from a place of frustration which the black man is eternally cursed with and for that reason chooses to attack black women at the drop of a hat. It is best you channel your vocal onslaught on better rewarding prospects like how you can take back Africa from the clutches of western forces. That is what men do, rather than shamelessly dilly dally on about female vanity. If black men had any iota of sense, you should be thinking of controlling the natural hair care market that is gaining precedence before impostors take over. What racial category of men sit back to talk about female vanity other than black men? Abomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even get me started! kiss
hold up sis, you said you are natural? hmmmm......if that's true then why are you so offended when most guys in this thread have been supporting natural sistas like you? You dont sound like a natural self loving queen. Something aint right. If you are truely natural do you mind sharing with me why you decided to make a change?. Why did you influence other girls to return natural? and why do you think it's the sole responsibility of only black females to yeild such influence? Black men are not frustrated. We are survivors with die hard spirits. We dont die we multiply. We civilized the world with our black queens by our side demonstrating undaunting loyalty. We have been through hell and back for, and because of, our women. We have showed our women undying love. Black men have probably made more love songs for their women than any other race of people on the planet. If we are evil then what would you call the indo-european men? lol. Point of correction though, the struggle for the emancipation and self determination of our nation is a burden that must be bore equally by the black male and female. However it's only the black female that can set the pace. A nation is only as advanced as its women. This is forgotten ancient wisdom that have being preserved through time in myths, folklore and religion. Go and study the kemetic(egyptian) doctrines of asur(osiris), aset(isis) and heru(horus) the true trinity. Also analyse the madona and child doctrine of the church.
You were right to say we should control the natural hair care market but you put the cart before the horse. There has to be a sizable demand for a product before there can be a market. The mission now is to first win converts which would in turn be the market that can then be controlled. Yes black men admonish their women because they care. Sista we do this in good faith and for the greater good. If you are truely natural then we should work together. Peace be upon you.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by fayahsoul: 12:09am On Aug 31, 2014
blackweaver:

I've been on nairaland for a pretty long time, you can check my profile to see when I joined, that said, i generally don't comment on these kind of threads, you're more likely to see me in the technology section

I've lived in naija all my life , funny enough my fiancee is natural, that said, if you're so particular about a natural sister, why not go for a natural and leave the non-natural ones alone, going into a relationship to change someone is not the best way to make the relationship work
Brethen if your fiancee was a drug addict wouldnt you try to change her to a better person? Will you go ahead and marry her if she refuses to change? And like i said, young natural sistas are scarce in naija and you know it. Nonetheless, even if i am lucky to meet one that still isnt a reason for me not to reach out to self hating sistas who are wondering lost in the global village of the indo-european. It's my duty to do so.

blackweaver:
Tell me 2 black women of international influence with natural hair , and tell me the impact or even the effort they've made towards promoting natural hair

The revolution will not be televised. The conscious black community is putting in work but our ememies will not air it because it will be against their interests. Cant you see what's going on in this thread?

blackweaver:
By self hating sisters, i take it you're talking about Nigerian ladies, because if you're talking about black ladies in general you're probably including people like Condolezza
Rice and Michelle Obama. Well if you think they are self hating too I guess I don't have anything else to say to you on that matter, your mind is pretty made up
lol........So with all the power at their disposal what meanifull project or movement did these women carry out within the black community? Instead they used the power vested on them to consolidate white supremacy. Those imperial hoes of the white man wont hold me back.

blackweaver:
going by your responses I would like to believe you don't sag your trousers, you don't smoke and you only drink in moderation if at all, you know something, no offense but judging by your comments you're a very principled person, however you also strike me as someone who isn't very patient. You cannot tell the world the way they should live, and just because so many people make their hair like the whites doesn't make them people with inferiority complex,
Their inferiority complex is connected with their reasoning behind those self hating acts and not the act itself. Those acts are the effect of a diseased mind. So you dont find it strange and alarming that almost every black female wears fake indo-european hair all the time? what could be the reason behind this phenomenon other than the hatred for their natural hair? This is a state of emergency that requires drastic and decisive measures to contain it. Patience isnt a useful virtue at this juncture. Things are done either the right way or the wrong way. I am only telling people the right way to do things which they know but refuse to accept.

blackweaver:
you complain about their responses, guy if someone found fault with something you do you would be defensive too, that's just human nature and not a sign of a complex.
I am open to criticism and I dont take them personal. In fact most criticsm i have recieved have been about stuff i already knew about. I subject all criticisms to scrutiny and take note where and when necessary. The more honest one is to self the more accepting they are of criticism.

blackweaver:

You want the women around you to go natural, my advice stick to your immediate family,, trying to change anyone else would be offensive to the person - especially in the manner you're going about it.
I bet you dont have a problem with pastors that are in every nook and crany of society trying to change everyone abi? is only when it comes to africentric issues that you start to panic.

blackweaver:
just remember that about 50% of those masses (more or less ) are male, the music videos you see are generally male oriented towards males, the females that dance in the videos dance and dress provocatively to get the attention of men
Every human is a moral agent so even if we assume that black women engage in fakery because of men it still doesnt absolve the blame from them. Black men didnt put a gun to their head. Since when did black women start caring about what their men want sef. Our women are very strong and sturbborn.

blackweaver:
maybe in an ideal world that would be the case, unfortunately there's nothing ideal about this world, the boys that sag on the streets sag because some popular people sag, that is the reality of life I don't like it, you may not, but it's so. Would you now say that guys that sag have a prison mentality?

Those popular people they see on tv got that style from their experience or info on the streets and in prisons and they proceeded to create something artistic with it and this in turn reinforced a local culture by making it global. Sagging didnt start in the studio lol. Saggers are still a minority so its safe to call it a fad. Most saggers dont even know the history behind it. They just find it unique and want to experiment out of youthful exubberance. But if they become the majority then na wahala be that ooo and necessary steps must also be taken to address it.

blackweaver:
bottom line I've heard your points but I don't buy your conclusion, and judging by the comments of many of the ladies on this thread, I'm not the only one
Well truth remains truth whether it's accepted or rejected. peace be upon you.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by kalimera101: 1:43am On Aug 31, 2014
I wanted to just passover this thread like the wind but comments from people like fayahsoul, got me clicking the reply button.

As far as I am concerned, A lot of Nigerian men are a bunch of hypocrites even more so now that Nairaland has offered them anonymity on a platter of gold.
People like fayahsoul are the ones that scream and spit fire like a dragon on black women, natural hair and fake hair on sites like these but on ground will turn into a lizard and croak like a frog when they see and dash good comments to women on weaves.

Black men are the ones who openly encourage black women to relax their hair, wear those weaves and even bleach their skin and still completely deny the role they play. It's amazing, I really must say.

P.S: I wear my natural unrelaxed hair too. And like every one else, my opinion

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by kalimera101: 1:46am On Aug 31, 2014
Forgot to add, bless you blackweaver.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by blackweaver(m): 7:14am On Aug 31, 2014

Brethen if your fiancee was a drug addict wouldnt you try to
change her to a better person?

if my fiancee was a drug addict, she would never have become my fiancee

I am open to criticism and I dont take them personal.

Okay let me give you a little pointer my style, while I respect your motive, promoting natural hair, your methods are pretty disagreeable, telling someone that it's because of an inferiority complex is why she dresses or looks a certain way is not the way to get the person to change, that is pretty abusive, and that's why stillfire called you evil despite the fact that she also agrees with your motive

by the way what percentage of your exes were you able to persuade to go natural? If it's less than 50% I'm not surprised, going by your comments

fayahsoul: Black men didnt put a
gun to their head. Since when did black women start caring
about what their men want sef. Our women are very strong
and sturbborn.
kalimera101:
Black men are the ones who openly encourage black women to relax their hair, wear those weaves and even bleach their skin and still completely deny the role they play. It's amazing, I really must say.

Thank you Kalimera, I guess this gentleman doesn't realize that we live in a male dominated world, AND people like him who prefer natural hair are the minority.

My fiancee used to wear attachments before we started dating, it's when she realized I preferred her real hair that she stopped, but you know what? Under all that attachment she had been natural for years, and why was she hiding it? Because of the men she dated in the past who complained

@Fayahsoul, you're a man, not a woman, you don't know what it means to be a woman, you don't understand the pressures they go through, so you are not qualified to make judgement on why they do their hair a certain way. Like I said, stick to your family, at least you will be in a position to protect those ones from the consequences of their actions

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by fayahsoul: 11:55am On Aug 31, 2014
kalimera101: I wanted to just passover this thread like the wind but comments from people like fayahsoul, got me clicking the reply button.

As far as I am concerned, A lot of Nigerian men are a bunch of hypocrites even more so now that Nairaland has offered them anonymity on a platter of gold.
People like fayahsoul are the ones that scream and spit fire like a dragon on black women, natural hair and fake hair on sites like these but on ground will turn into a lizard and croak like a frog when they see and dash good comments to women on weaves.

All this talk about men enticing women into fakery is just bogus. I have never in my life heard any of my friends or acquaintances or even enemies make a single derogatory statement about any woman that carries her natural hair. I also havent heard them admire or brag about the quality of fake hair on any girls head. What normaly catches our interest in a woman are stuff like height, weight, complexion, intellect, domesticity, gap teeth, back ground, ethinicity, and so on but never a fake set of hair lol. Come on. Look I aint no hypocrite. In fact i despise hypocrites with a passion. I speak from the heart and mean what i say. So if you are truely natural then we are on the same team. Like minds need to connect and build. Hola at your boy.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Jesusculture: 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
I' ve been asked a lot of times by my black sistas, why do you wear dreadlocks? and I responded why are you black?.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by fayahsoul: 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
blackweaver:

if my fiancee was a drug addict, she would never have become my fiancee
Lol in other words you lack the patience and understanding to try and help a troubled soul? ok so what if she becomes your wife but subsequently becomes addicted to drugs? Note that one slang for hair relaxers is creamy crack. You have no idea what that poison does to our women. Any substance that comes in contact with your hair or scalp diffuses into your blood stream. When you take your skin lotion and rub it unto your skin what happens? It disappears. Ok now take that same lotion and rub it on metal? Does it disappear? Ask gynaecologists why they advice pregnant women to avoid relaxers? Why the fvck do hair stylist wear gloves to apply relaxers?

blackweaver:
Okay let me give you a little pointer my style, while I respect your motive, promoting natural hair, your methods are pretty disagreeable, telling someone that it's because of an inferiority complex is why she dresses or looks a certain way is not the way to get the person to change, that is pretty abusive,
Brethen be logical. This is not about diplomacy, sentiment or social protocol. It's about truth. We deduced that they have inferiority complex from their very own actions. My goodness why is that hard for you to see. It was written "as a man thinket so is he." If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then goddamit its a fvcking duck.
I dont know why most people like to live in denial. Tell it like it is. There's a guy on this thread, i think pdude or something, he mentioned the way black women behave when their fake hair falls off their head. How their confidence and self esteem drops along with hair to the floor lol. That particular observation alone is enough proof that our women have deep infectious INFERIORITY COMPLEX! If it were a matter of choice of style as they claim then we did see a proportionate mix of fake and natural hair within the female demographics but this is not the case. ALMOST ALL BLACK WOMEN WEAR FAKE HAIR AND STRAIGHTEN THEIR HAIR every time. Can you believe that i have never seen my moms natural hair? And her type is a norm within the black nation yet you lot come here to say it's not a complex issue. I dey laugh. A lot of men carry their natural hair and you never in your life hear them whine about how difficult and expensive it is to maintain. Self hating females will read this and say it's because guys hair is different. Oh really? how different? Dont tell me female hair is tougher than male hair because that will be counter logical since males are known to be stronger with harder and tougher bodies(muscles, organs and appendages all inclusive)

blackweaver:
and that's why stillfire called you evil despite the fact that she also agrees with your motive
hmmm that lady is quite an interesting character i must say. I think the source of her grieviance against black men extends way beyond this thread. She claims to be natural but reacts as if she's as fake as they come. A complicated type. Well self discovery is a journey of different phases. She may be natural but still unconscious. She might not even know why exactly she returned to natural because it was done without conviction. Stuff done without conviction is always temporal. But then again sometimes people dont find their destiny rather their destiny finds them. Stillfire sha

blackweaver:
by the way what percentage of your exes were you able to persuade to go natural? If it's less than 50% I'm not surprised, going by your comments
50 what? lol guy if e don reach that level i for no dey here na. I have persuaded 0% to return natural. And no my approach aint the problem rather it's their diseased rigid minds.

blackweaver:
Thank you Kalimera, I guess this gentleman doesn't realize that we live in a male dominated world, AND people like him who prefer natural hair are the minority.
Havent you been reading the responses made by men on this thread? It clearly shows that we are the majority. You lot can also use the male members of your own families as samples for a small survey and then come back here with results.

blackweaver:
My fiancee used to wear attachments before we started dating, it's when she realized I preferred her real hair that she stopped, but you know what? Under all that attachment she had been natural for years, and why was she hiding it? Because of the men she dated in the past who complained
bros you are a lucky man. Treat her like the queen she is or i will come looking for you lol. On a serious note, Woman say guys complain when they carry natural hair but i think most havent actually experienced such. They just feel that that's the reality due to indoctrination. Like i said i have never seen or heard a black guy complain about a woman carry her natural hair but i have heard a lot of guys mock women wearing that crappy fake hair of a thing.

blackweaver:
@Fayahsoul, you're a man, not a woman, you don't know what it means to be a woman, you don't understand the pressures they go through, so you are not qualified to make judgement on why they do their hair a certain way. Like I said, stick to your family, at least you will be in a position to protect those ones from the consequences of their actions

Whatever pressure they are under was self induced. They always compete amongst themselves over vanity and flivolous stuff. The black women cares much more about what her friends and colleagues think than they do about what their men think or feel. Them no send oo. They are living in one big fancy make belief world.

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by fayahsoul: 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
Jesusculture: I' ve been asked a lot of times by my black sistas, why do you wear dreadlocks? and I responded why are you black?.
lol my brother they hate dreadlocks pass anything. They are ok with the fake one since it's temporal but the real one is a no go area to them. In a country like naija with over 80million females you can spend your whole life without coming across one female with dreads. Why?

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Jesusculture: 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
@Fayahsoul ,1' m so shocked by such questions from some black females . I'm also female n would expect a certain level of female awareness abt african cultural heritage n identity, its jst like someone asking why is Italian spoken in Italy duh. I really dnt hv the time to educate some people abt cultural heritage. Dnt mean to sound cliche. Ignorance is bliss

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by fayahsoul: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
Jesusculture: @Fayahsoul ,1' m so shocked by such questions from some black females . I'm also female n would expect a certain level of female awareness abt african cultural heritage n identity, its jst like someone asking why is Italian spoken in Italy duh. I really dnt hv the time to educate some people abt cultural heritage. Dnt mean to sound cliche. Ignorance is bliss
My empress do try to reach out to your fellow women who are lost. They will.be more accepting of the message when it comes from woman. I know dealing with them can be exhausting but we have to give helping hand and do the best we can. Do u live in nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Perfect Hair Styles For Little Children This Chrismas / Live Updates From MBGN 2015 / Help!!! My Skin Is Burning And Turning Dark, I Don't Know What To Do Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.