Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” (30181 Views)

Photo: Can You Wear This Outfit? / Video Tutorial : Download Free Makeup Tutorial For Black Women / Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by T3Amo(f): 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
trust me when i say there is no shortage of men, even men that claim to hate weave or short hair... the day i went to my job with my haircut a male colleague said "nah grow that back" now he is like "well it looks ok now?" nigg@s never know what they want, they stay telling chicks they don't know what they want but i see them, saying A but stay accepting A-Z...

men like what is pretty... i put my life and your life on that... as long as its presentable and well done it can be natural, chemically treated, weave, braid, half or full wig, falls, clip ons, extensions etc... don't let men and their loud roar on bullshyt fool you... if it looks good they will like it, no matter what it is or how you got it...

5 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Another brainless HAIR HATTED HOOLIGAN!
If after carefully reading my comment you came to this conclusion, there's apparently something wrong with your brain. I suggest you seek help and please stop being a nuisance.

4 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
T3Amo: trust me when i say there is no shortage of men, even men that claim to hate weave or short hair... the day i went to my job with my haircut a male colleague said "nah grow that back" now he is like "well it looks ok now?" nigg@s never know what they want, they stay telling chicks they don't know what they want but i see them, saying A but stay accepting A-Z...

men like what is pretty... i put my life and your life on that... as long as its presentable and well done it can be natural, chemically treated, weave, braid, half or full wig, falls, clip ons, extensions etc... don't let men and their loud roar on bullshyt fool you... if it looks good they will like it, no matter what it is or how you got it...
exactly!
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Sissie(f): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
Many women don't keep their hair Natural because they don't know how to manage it properly, many salons can't manage it properly either, even stubborn/tough hair can be managed, and the naturalistas make it sound like maintaining natural hair is hard and technical. It's easy it's all about having a good hair care regimen.

2 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Missonas(f): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
xp17: ...and the hair extension they wear is from a black woman? dumb analysis!

Meaning?the fact stikk remains that they too don't wear their natural hair always.dumber counter analysis!don't quote me again!!
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by chlowi(f): 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
pDude:

After you post yours.

Your claim, your proof!!! You claimed I dint, andd where you can not provide proof or evidence, that makes you a LIAR, as a matter of fact! That qualifies the women in ur life as BITCHES ( yes the same word you used on that lady @caracter just for speaking up for her beliefs which obviouslydint go well with u!!! So picture it!!! Prove ur words!!!

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
chlowi:

Your claim, your proof!!! You claimed I dint, andd where you can not provide proof or evidence, that makes you a LIAR, as a matter of fact! That qualifies the women in ur life as BITCHES ( yes the same word you used on that lady @caracter just for speaking up for her beliefs which obviouslydint go well with u!!! So picture it!!! Prove ur words!!!

B!tch sit the fvck down and eat a fat d!cck. Ain't got time for this back and forth shyt.

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by chlowi(f): 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
pDude:

B!tch sit the fvck down and eat a fat d!cck. Ain't got time for this back and forth shyt.

Lame!!!

3 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
chlowi:

Lame!!!

Is that ur pix in ur dp?
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
chineloSA:

I have been natural from 2003, honestly speaking, comparing to when I was not natural, I don't get woman when they say natural is expensive.
The only expensive part I felt is when I was starting my dreadlocks, but not my nappy hair.

Its somehow a big fat lie.

Its just that you have to visit the salon constantly to wash your hair. Which when you are not natural you don't wash your hair that often.

So somehow unnatural is unhygienic. A human being needs to wash their hair at least once a week. So I don't think we should celebrate lack of hygiene to justify why we go unnatural. Rather we use another excuse. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Though I am not saying people should go natural because I am natural smiley

UNNATURAL HAIR IS UNHYGIENIC

This is a confident and collected woman talking.
For those who keep looking for excuses to keep wearing their fake white womans hair,hear this sister. So,we should agree that those who keep lying to us that going natural is expensive are nothing but shameless liars from the pit of hell. Who in their right state of mind cover their God given hair with another person's replica. There is a serious problem from within that nobody is seeing. These women hate themselve and will be the fiirst to give their children foreign names.

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Ishilove: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
SexyFox:
A big lie. Natural hair is easy to comb as long as you wash it atleast once in a while and put conditional in it often.
The only hard time to style it, it is when it is in medium length stage ( my present length). I put it in braid sometimes or bun it or afro puff or half afro puff.

I'm natural and I know what I am talking about.
Please speak for yourself. Our hair textures are different. Combing through my mane, for example is like trying to comb through grass made out of cold fufu. You need to be well fed to successfully comb it. 'Ishon' tinz. It is very thick and very coarse and just sheer torture. I have headaches after combing it, so the best is to use a relaxer so soften the blessed thing.

If you don't feel comfortable with a relaxer then I suggest you use a texturiser. It softens your hair without damaging it like relaxers, but the drawback is in a matter of weeks, three at the most, it reverts to its kinky state and the hair becomes harder than ever.

As for the rest of you men spewing bullshit on this thread, y'all can shove your opinions up you unkempt assses because, as Idowuogbo succintly put it, "your opinions matter not." You are men so you can NEVER understand what women go through in trying to maintain natural hair.

Even in days of yore, our ancestors put hot fat in their hair to tease it out and soften it, and even till date Wolof and Fulani women still practice this. Now that in contemporary times we have the luxury of relaxers instead of hot animal fat, what gives you men the right to point fingers and accuse women who fix weaves and relax their hair of having inferiority complex?

Inferiority complex my African asss. Utter bullshit. As Caracta wisely opined, anybody who is dissatisfied with the state of our women's hair, be it natural or 'unnatural', can go take a dive into the murkier parts of the Bermuda Triangle. Rawbish.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
chlowi:

U sound hypocritical... I bet alll the women in ur life all go natural yaright

This isnt about the women in his life. For all I care,his wife/girlfriend could be using fake hair but that doesnt mean he likes it or doesnt talk to them about it. What is wrong with you people? Cant you have a discussion without bringing peoples wife,sisters and mothers into it. It shows how,ignorant,petty and childish you are.

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ishilove:
Please speak for yourself. Our hair textures are different. Mine, for example is like trying to comb through a grass made of fufu. It is very thick and very coarse and combing it is just sheer torture. I have headaches after combing it, so the best is to use a relaxer so soften the blessed thing. If you don't feel comfortable with a relaxer then I suggest you use a texturiser. It softens your hair without damaging it like relaxers, but the drawback is in a matter of weeks, three at the most, it reverts to its kinky state and the hair becomes harder than ever.

As for the rest of you men spewing bullshit on this thread, y'all can shove your opinions up you unkempt assses because, as Idowuogbo succintly put it, "your opinions matter not." You are men so you can NEVER understand what women go through in trying to maintain nautural hair. Even in days of yore, our ancestors put hot fat in their hair to tease it out and soften it, and even till date Wolof and Fulani women still practice this. Now that in contemporary times we have the luxury of relaxers instead of hot animal fat, what gives you men the right to point fingers and accuse women who fix weaves and relax their hair of having inferiority complex?

Inferiority complex my African asss. Utter bullshit. As Caracta wisely opined, anybody who is dissatisfied with the state of our women's hair, be it natural or 'unnatural, can go take a dive into the murkier parts of the Bermuda Triangle. Rawbish.

Wow,how creative can you get just to cover up your obvious self hate and insecurity. You want her to speak for herself but you are quick to stand with Idowuogbo's comment. You take is that you never experimented with your hair,work it and know what is good for it. ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US THAT GOD CURSED YOU WITH YOUR HAIR? Is that what it is ? I do be easier if you come out and tell us your natural hair makes you insecure and we will know where to start fixing your self confidence. Maybe you need a shrink. Stop giving all these nonsense excuses because I have dated numerous black women who wear their hair natural and i didnt get all these whinning. Accept that you are insecure and have very low self esteem so we know where to start from.

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by chlowi(f): 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

This isnt about the women in his life. For all I care,his wife/girlfriend could be using fake hair but that doesnt mean he likes it or doesnt talk to them about it. What is wrong with you people? Cant you have a discussion without bringing peoples wife,sisters and mothers into it. It shows how,ignorant,petty and childish you are.

You are even worse at being hypocritical cheesy

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Orikinla(m): 7:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
Whether she wears her natural or not, LOVE HER OR LEAVE HER ALONE.
For guys who will love her no matter how she wears her hair as long as she is pretty and sexy with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-654R3fvEg

3 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Ishilove: 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Wow,how creative can you get just to cover up your obvious self hate and insecurity. You want her to speak for herself but you are quick to stand with Idowuogbo's comment. You take is that you never experimented with your hair,work it and know what is good for it. ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US THAT GOD CURSED YOU WITH YOUR HAIR? Is that what it is ? I do be easier if you come out and tell us your natural hair makes you insecure and we will know where to start fixing your self confidence. Maybe you need a shrink. Stop giving all these nonsense excuses because I have dated numerous black women who wear their hair natural and i didnt get all these whinning. Accept that you are insecure and have very low self esteem so we know where to start from.
Did you read my post at all? Did you read the part where I mentioned where African women in ancient times used the equivalent of modern day relaxers for their hair? Would you say they too suffered from low self esteem?? You just stretched forth your plague addled fingers to type the same stuff that comes out of yer anus.

Pre-colonial times- Hot fat

Contemporary times- Relaxers and texturisers.

E don tey wey woman don dey put sontin for her hair, so keep your yakking to the minimum.

FYI, Ishilove is one of the most confident women God created. FACT.

Who the frog are you to tell me I have self hate?? Niqqa fvck you, you don't know me, mehn, so quit trolling!! God gave us thick hair, and gave us the wisdom, technology AND chemicals to manage the thick hair. I bet all those women you dated never had coarse hair so shut it and go kiss wet paint.

Like I said, go roll in soldier ants nest if you ain't satisfied with the way we keep our hair. We care not about your baseless opinions, and I shall keep rocking my shoulder length, ARTIFICIALLY stretched hair. cool

13 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by anumide(f): 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
I really hate it when Nigerian men call wearing weaves/hair extension 'low self-esteem' or 'ignoring our culture'.
Really?
Next thing you know, they'll ask u to start tying rags and. Using chalk to colour your body because it is 'african'.
Psst.
Btw, why are Nigerian men. (And women) always so forceful? Why do they resort to names calling, harsh words and insults if u don't agree with their school of thought?

6 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Idowuogbo(f): 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
Go Ishilove!!!! Dats my Ishiatu de la no nonsense madam. Team awa o si fo shi meeeeeehn... grin kiss

3 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is the whole truth here.

4 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by GentleMimi: 9:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ishilove:
Did you read my post at all? Did you read the part where I mentioned where African women in ancient times used the equivalent of modern day relaxers for their hair? Would you say they too suffered from low self esteem?? You just stretched forth your plague addled fingers to type the same stuff that comes out of yer anus.

Pre-colonial times- Hot fat

Contemporary times- Relaxers and texturisers.

E don tey wey woman don dey put sontin for her hair, so keep your yakking to the minimum.

FYI, Ishilove is one of the most confident women God created. FACT.

Who the frog are you to tell me I have self hate?? Niqqa fvck you, you don't know me, mehn, so quit trolling!! God gave us thick hair, and gave us the wisdom, technology AND chemicals to manage the thick hair. I bet all those women you dated never had coarse hair so shut it and go kiss wet paint.

Like I said, go roll in soldier ants nest if you ain't satisfied with the way we keep our hair. We care not about your baseless opinions, and I shall keep rocking my shoulder length, ARTIFICIALLY stretched hair. cool
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy...this comment is as sweet as ice cold water on a dry hot day....grin. Lol!

3 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by makeitplain: 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
T3Amo: trust me when i say there is no shortage of men, even men that claim to hate weave or short hair... the day i went to my job with my haircut a male colleague said "nah grow that back" now he is like "well it looks ok now?" nigg@s never know what they want, they stay telling chicks they don't know what they want but i see them, saying A but stay accepting A-Z...

As a man, I wont disagree with u that men like what is pretty. Given that conclusion, I still don't understand why most women are hooked on wearing weaves, that I hate most. There is no way a woman with weaves will look beautiful to me, that ish is effing fake please. I don't have issues with relaxed hair, at least it is her hair its just conditioned in a way. I also don't have issues with braids, at least its still her hair and it looks natural to our own African female hairstyle even if it has some extensions. So if according to you, men like anything that is pretty, then it remains women's problem if they are addicted to wearing weaves cos if they don't, men would still like anything else that is pretty anyway. In that case, their excuse for wearing ridiculous weaves can't be men, they just want to look like white ladies.

I used to ask girls on this issue whether they don't feel ridiculous when hanging with their white friends having fixed a fake long blonde weave they bought with a lot of money while the other white lady have the same blonde hair naturally? That alone is an indication of inferiority complex. Even if most of these black women don't think so, its ok, but the world think so most especially the white people. I interact with white folks from all corners they know very well how to be polite to u while they have whatever impression of u. (What I mean is even if they think u are a dullard u might not be aware of it cos they will still be very nice to u and kind of still respect u) That is what is playing out here, if black women think the white folks think they are beautiful with their weaves, they are deceiving themselves.

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by willibounce1(m): 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
G

Men know what they want. P.U**/S.S.Y!
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
Low self esteem
inferiority complex

I believe It's up to African men to stop dating the white wannabes black women , when we stop looking @ them they will change
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Caracta(f): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ishilove!!! Dayuuuuuum!

3 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by makeitplain: 10:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
anumide: I really hate it when Nigerian men call wearing weaves/hair extension 'low self-esteem' or 'ignoring our culture'.
Really?
Next thing you know, they'll ask u to start tying rags and. Using chalk to colour your body because it is 'african'.
Psst.
Btw, why are Nigerian men. (And women) always so forceful? Why do they resort to names calling, harsh words and insults if u don't agree with their school of thought?

[b]Well dont ignore the truth in the argument. U just need to reflect and be more deep in the way u think about this issue. I think relaxers and extensions in braids are not so bad because women with it do not necessarily wanna copy white women with the resultant look of the hair styles while they are done. They are just enhancing thier hair in a way may be to be softer and easy to comb or to look longer when its braided but I have serious issues with weaves that covers ur scalp and Gods given hair completely in order to mimic a white woman's hair. I don't know why ladies dont get that.

I have had women really take me as an enemy just because I explain to them that they look more beautiful if they do something with their natural hair. Nope, they think they only look beautiful with fake white woman's hair. Its so saddening. Picture this, a white lady will admire a black woman's hair only if she sees typical black styles like cornrows, braids, afro puffs and all that. But she cant admire a black woman's hair when she has weaves on u know why?

1) Cos she knows the weaves are fake, they are not ur hair anyway
2) Cos she can't be thrilled cos she has a better, natural form of the hair u are trying to copy on her head, she doesnt have to buy it so she doesnt care if u bought the fake hair with ur entire salary of a month
3) On the other hand, she can only admire what she can never have or cant have easily even if she wants to try such as ur afro, ur braids etc

So if black women are wise, they should be a proponent of trying to make typical black hairstyles look cool not quickly jump into defensive anytime the weave issues are raised just as if those who are concerned about the damaging politics of weaves like us just want to bash black women.. noooooooo. Remember u want to die mimicking their own hair cos they make it lool cool?

Do u know why black women are conditioned by the media and businesses to love weaves? because ur weave addiction makes white folks/the koreans richer. They get to sell it to u, its a billion dollar business going from poor blacks pocket to already rich white folks just because u want to look like them. They dont want it, to them its waste but to u its gold so they like that u love it and they will fool u to make u think its cool that u love it cos they want to keep getting ur money. Remember that there are Afro wigs in the market? But white folks wont wear it except when they want to clown, that is how much they wont wear ur own hair but on the flipside imagine how much u are dying to wear the hair of those that wont wear yours?

So it takes black women that think very deeply to understand why they have to stop it. The few deep ones amongst them have stopped though and I love them for that.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by careema(f): 10:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

You black women like praising yourself and telling everybody how beautiful you are yet you lack simple and common sense. Why wont your hair break when you rarely take out time to manage it and know the right conditioner to apply to keep it strong,shiny and well kept. You spent 90% of your time wearing fake hair that is glued into your hair and you expect your natural hair to remain healthy. This kind of foolishness is unforgivable! You be mumu! You are insecure and lack self esteem. And why is it that as soon as somebody snatches a fake weave off a black woman's hair she runs away and covers her face in shame ? laugh wan kill me die....You people are embarrassing us!

Seems you are confused, lemme enlighten you

You black women, generalization of all black women. Only fools generalize.

I never claimed to be beautiful

The money a woman spends to take care of her hair for a month will takia of your barber bills for a while (I'm not talking fix on)

Your life is filled with insecure females, u need to rethink it (your life I mean)

Stop insulting on social network, it shows how insecure you are.

Besides, y d Bleep did you quote me?

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by DSuperWoman(f): 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Since you love naturality so much why don't you move about with your natural odor (without deodorant) afterall our ancestors didn't why don't you move about without shaving your beards after all our ancestors didn't, now thatd be the real natural beauty. Hypocrites untill u know wat it means to actually keep natural hair don't run your bucal cavity. God knew when he gave us this hair type that it will not be suitable for our weather,he knew thaat we would not be able to comb it without relaxing it (my own does not even relax and I have very full hair so if you're a lady u can imagine the pains) he knew that it would be more expensive to maintain than artificial hair. He expected us to improvice and we did and he's happy.
Caracta:

You ain't natural babe. We are talking about raw VIRGIN natural. Is you hair God-made or man-made?

You apply relaxer? shocked Why would you do that, dear African woman? Our ancestors didn't!

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
Our ancestors have been shaving for eons and even using deodorants, sometimes It's better to keep a
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
To keep shut when you dont know your history and how your ancestors lived, what's next? What don't we live on trees and eat each other?
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by BlackLeopard(m): 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
Phew I don't know guys if I ain't a chick, and I ain't, I ain't gotta tell dem what to be doin' with thems' hair

Like if the white style make 'em feel black queens, ashe to them, they're seeing the queen they all already are?

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Solozzo(m): 11:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
I Don't understand what the op is fretting about. The ancient Egyptians who are Africans and the first to develop civilization were the first to use wigs. The women shave off their hair and wear wigs. The pharaohs wore wig beards!!
They showed the world how to look good on wigs.

White women also color their hair and use attachments and wigs.

Lawyers and judges use wigs in court too!!

3 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Solozzo(m): 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Low self esteem
inferiority complex

I believe It's up to African men to stop dating the white wannabes black women , when we stop looking @ them they will change

Display of racism! Everything and everybody is black or white to you. I guess you live in America or South Africa!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Most Beautiful Model In Nigeria Finalists Emerge As Grand Finale Holds 15th Dec / 24-year-old Ajoke Tony Lawal Emerges Queen Of Nigeria Universe, Gets New Car / "Arnold Classic Muscle Building Competition" - See Muscular Women Contesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.