Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,210 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire (18283 Views)

Facts All US Citizens Need To Know About Israel And Palestine / The Difference Between Isreal And Palestine(pics) / Your Views On Israel And Palestine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by kernel504(m): 12:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
SirShymex:

You don't judge the winner of a war/confrontation between countries based on casualties, especially when one has an overwhelming superiority when it comes to firepower, and the other has no army. You do so based on achieving the objectives it set out to achieve. If judging based on casualties were the yardstick to judge winners - then the Soviets who lost 20 million souls during world war 2 should have been the losers of that war, but everyone believes they defeated the Nazi's. Also, US should have be the winner of its wars against Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan - but that wasn't the case.

Yes, Israel destroyed the little infrastructures in Gaza, and killed thousands of defenseless innocent people, including women and children. However, did it achieve anything? - absolutely not. The tunnels are still there. Hamas still have the capabilities to shoot rockets at Israel. But it has managed to ostracise itself with the adventure and PR, with most people around the world supporting the Palestinians. When the negotiations are completed - it will end up removing the over three decades of blockade it has over Gaza.

There's no winner - both sides lost. And where is your sense of humanity by celebrating the brutal deaths of innocent children just to make a point?

We should direct this question to Hamas, when they are using children and woman as human shield.
So if you are shooting me from the crowd of your supporters, l should wait till you kill me, when l can shoot you and your supporters.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
kernel504:
We should direct this question to Hamas, when they are using children and woman as human shield.
So if you are shooting me from the crowd of your supporters, l should wait till you kill me, when l can shoot you and your supporters.

Utter tosh!

Do you even know the IDF doctrine and how it's mostly about the destruction of civilian infrastructures? I bet Hamas were also hiding in UN schools and hospitals, no?

Under international law when you're fighting against a defenseless pseudo-country with no army, there's something called: measured response. What Israel did in Gaza was terrorism and genocide - and most Israeli's know that. You can't defend that bs.

3 Likes

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by anag0900: 12:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Chynx:

Scroll through pages 0-5. I am not the only person who shares same opinion. undecided

so you foolishly share same opinion as peeps that feels the aggressor is a victim. bro you need a lobotomy asap.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by lilprinze: 12:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
lorRhyMeZ:

People like u are the kinda pple that make pple like us wonder if ur internet service is a privilege with restrictions..I believe people like u don't know that the people u call Arabs,Jews,Kurds and so on all share a common thing..they are all SEMITES!

Don't quote me..just Google it grin
I made that statement because the Arabs were the ones who started the war before Israel retaliated .
Tensions were ignited in June when three
Israeli teenagers, one with American
citizenship and all seminary students,
were kidnapped while hitchhiking in the
West Bank and killed. They were
kidnapped on June12 and their bodies
were discovered June30 israel accused
Hamas of kidnapping the three teens,
which the militant group denied .
any where there is trouble between the Arabs and oder countries the Arabs are always the cause of the trouble, am not saying this out of hate that is just the plain truth violence runs in their blood.

2 Likes

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by anag0900: 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
SirShymex:

Utter tosh!

Do you even know the IDF doctrine and how it's mostly about the destruction of civilian infrastructures? I bet Hamas were also hiding in UN schools and hospitals, no?

Under international law when you're fighting against a defenseless pseudo-country with no army, there's something called: measured response. What Israel did in Gaza was terrorism and genocide - and most Israeli's know that. You can't defend that bs.

bro long time, thinking of resigning like you too. are you following Gideon Levy documentaries on al-jazeera or his write ups on haartez.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by cirmuell(m): 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
datribune:

And u don't see anything wrong in that?. U probably consider bombing sleeping
children in a UN facility or children playing on a beach as self-defence. shameful. d zionist baby killers went on d rampage, killing & maiming innocent children staying at designated safe houses & hospitals while bigots like u cheered them on. Answer dis
- if hamas was firing a rocket frm a Tel-Aviv market wit Israeli civilians in it, will d Israeli army bomb dat market?. Israel continues wit dis criminalty because they know dat there ar no consequencies as their own children ar safe wit d American iron defence dome & hamas rockets ar no match.
i don't get what you're blabbing about, you mean the Israelis should have stand down and watch Hamas blow them to smitterings or what? in war there will always be collateral damage, why start what you can't finish in the first place?. If by 'mistake' you pilot a fighter jet, stay in the air and continue calculating where children are among your targets. And I repeat, the civilians were always warned to leave those hostile region.
plus it's not American iron defence dome lol grin

1 Like

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by anag0900: 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
lilprinze: I made that statement because the Arabs were the ones who started the war before Israel retaliated .
Tensions were ignited in June when three
Israeli teenagers, one with American
citizenship and all seminary students,
were kidnapped while hitchhiking in the
West Bank and killed. They were
kidnapped on June 12 and their bodies
were discovered June 30.
any where there is trouble between the Arabs and oder countries the Arabs are always the cause of the trouble, am not saying this out of hate that is just the plain truth violence runs in their blood.

rubbish recent facts from Israel itself contradicts your balderdash. why bringing up the flimsy excuse when al fattah and hamas decide to close ranks...

1 Like

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by Chynx(m): 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
anag0900:

so you foolishly share same opinion as peeps that feels the aggressor is a victim. bro you need a lobotomy asap.

An ignorant, brainwashed ret@rd like you need not be in existence as human; neither would any phylum of insects habour your kind.

It is obvious that you lack proper parental upbringing! Flea.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by kernel504(m): 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
SirShymex:

Utter tosh!

Every country has a right to protect her citizens from people who will kill to be-heard, than coming to table in peace.
Look, most of us (southern) don't want to be in Nigeria, but then, we are not killing people to air our dislike.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by datribune: 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
cirmuell: really? Hahaha cheesy where are you reading this stuffs from?...you have no idea that there are native Jews that have been leaving in that region for years now before these ones are coming in too? So as a father that has been in a foreign land for years, married a foreigner with child(ren), your child(ren) can't claim your country as their father land abi? Perhaps you should have even say Jews never existed gringringrin just like your people are saying the Holocaust never happened.
Another question for you, who really are the palestinians?

The The level of ignorance in ur post is
amazing. The word "Jew" in d bible means a resident of the land of Judaea regardless of their tribe, race or religion just as an Australian or Englishman may in fact be a Chinese or an Eskimo, or perhaps a member of the tribe of Judah. d gullible think dis settler nation of zionists who fled frm Europe & took
Palestinian lands ar d children of God & ar therefore indigenous to Palestine. Ha-ha -ha ha. They ar Europeans & their indigenous land is in Europe. Ask them to tell u d village they came frm in Palestine & they can't. They ar settlers & ar still settling on stolen lands wit support frm d gullible.

3 Likes

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by anag0900: 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Chynx:

An ignorant, brainwashed retard like you need not be in existence as human; neither would any phylum of insects habour your kind.

It is obvious that you lack proper parental upbringing! Flea.

no one in your family tree can kiss my shoe lace in real life, since common sense is a scarce commodity in your family tree, I wouldn't expect anything sensible from your non functional brain. you asymptomatic Ebola monkey hobnobbing in the jungle of the zaiire mountain, should get off the internet and hand back the smartphone to the zoo caregiver.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by lilprinze: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
anag0900:

rubbish recent facts from Israel itself contradicts your balderdash. why bringing up the flimsy excuse when al fattah and hamas decide to close ranks...
Hamas decided to close ranks because they knew they have lost the war and fighting Israel was just a waste of time because they cannot or could not defeat Israel

1 Like

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by olusogo: 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
cirmuell: Dude talking about measures, the Israeli army always warn palestinians to leave those areas Hamas use as Operation base. Stop being a bigot undecided

@cirmuel, (Samuel). Please, let us try to be sensitive by using our senses and our brain. Israel and Egypt share border with Gaza, a population of over 1,800,000 people, to their south is the sea, the coast of which has been taken over by Israel. Those borders have been closed, no help is allowed to seek them from outside. Gaza is one of the densely populated in the world. If Israel now call them to vacate their houses, where do you want them to run to? Should they run to the sea, or dig soil and bury themselves or become water and flow to the sea or become gas and diffuse to the atmosphere? I need an answer.
What I am saying is that the war could be averted by allow the United Nation to take charge since we are living in the global village. Israel is barbaric by taking law into their hands and consequently killing innocent people who had no alternative than to be killed by Israel.

2 Likes

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
anag0900:

bro long time, thinking of resigning like you too. are you following Gideon Levy documentaries on al-jazeera or his write ups on haartez.

Honestly, I'm somewhat busy at the moment - so busy that I can't even keep up with with anything. I just basically glance through most stuffs.

Yes, bruddah...hopefully I should be able to pull it off this time - retirement. The forum is somewhat toxic. grin

Jah told me in his own words that he'll see me through! grin
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by Lordlexyy: 12:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
SirShymex:

Utter tosh!

And what do you call the actions of Hamas who fired into civilian populated area? Who is the terrorist here? The Israeli that used every means possible to warn off the civilians b4 any attack or the evil minded hamas whose sole aim is to level Israel but for the superior defence system? Who is the victor and the vanguish? The hamas that eventually accepted the previous deal they rejected or the Israeli that still maitain its grip and control over the land, sea and air? Who is wailing among the two people? The palastinian land that is filled with debris almost a shadow of itself with a lost of thousands of its people or Israel that remain unscratch with the lost of handful of soldiers and not civilians? You may have to remove prejudice from yours to understand what constitute lost and victory.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
kernel504:

Every country has a right to protect her citizens from people who will kill to be-heard, than coming to table in peace.
Look, most of us (southern) don't want to be in Nigeria, but then, we are not killing people to air our dislike.

See the problems with most of us is that: we've been indoctrinated with so much bias, and we do everything based on the ideology/thought-process that we align with, and when we ought to make logical statements - we let our innate bias take over our thought-process. And more time, we do everything based on the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" without any objectivity.

It's one thing to have a right to defend yourself, and it's another thing to be an aggressor and an apartheid regime, that loves killing a small fly with a sledge hammer - just to prove an inconsequential point.

If Israeli had stayed within the territory that was assigned to it in 1948 - and allowed the Palestinians to have their country. That place would've been peaceful. However, it has blocked every effort for a Palestinian state - and Israel itself created Hamas in Gaza for divide and conquer against Arafat and the PLO in west bank. So must the innocent Palestinians suffer for the monster Israel created? Why has Israel refused to go back to its real borders, but rather than do that, it keeps building settlements all over Palestinian lands? And why's Israel blocking all efforts for a Palestinian state?

Also, isn't Israel the same country that used to invade Lebanon all the time, till Hezbollah was created to stand against its aggression? Yet most of you act like Israeli's aren't the perpetual aggressors in that axis

4 Likes

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by GuyFawkes: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
gboss4sure: Believe it or not, Hamas will be the first to violate this truce. They have always done so and when Israel responds they will cry blue murder.

Why are they celebrating? See as their country lays in ruins and yet they celebrated they defeated Israel, how do they measure victory?

Palestinians sold their future when they voted Hamas into power.
The West bank voted Fatah into power and Israel has been expanding settlements into their land gradually chiselling away their territory undecided

1 Like

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by Chynx(m): 1:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
anag0900:

no one in your family tree can kiss my shoe lace in real life, since common sense is a scarce commodity in your family tree, I wouldn't expect anything sensible from your non functional brain. you asymptomatic Ebola monkey hobnobbing in the jungle of the zaiire mountain, should get off the internet and hand back the smartphone to the zoo caregiver.

Exactly what I mean! Reading through your writeups never cease to unveil your acute stupidity! You are empty; so shut the heck up!

The dysfunctional molten substance you've got in that oblong skull of yours has its origin deeply rooted in your lineage. Insect!
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by anag0900: 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
lilprinze: Hamas decided to close ranks because they knew they have lost the war and fighting Israel was just a waste of time because they cannot or could not defeat Israel

you don't even understand my post, the peace talk with al fattah was the aetiology for the current Israeli madness, go find out why they create so much divide between Gaza and the west bank.

2 Likes

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by cirmuell(m): 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
datribune:

The The level of ignorance in ur post is
amazing. The word "Jew" in d bible means a resident of the land of Judaea regardless of their tribe, race or religion just as an Australian or Englishman may in fact be a Chinese or an Eskimo, or perhaps a member of the tribe of Judah. d gullible think dis settler nation of zionists who fled frm Europe & took
Palestinian lands ar d children of God & ar therefore indigenous to Palestine. Ha-ha -ha ha. They ar Europeans & their indigenous land is in Europe. Ask them to tell u d village they came frm in Palestine & they can't. They ar settlers & ar still settling on stolen lands wit support frm d gullible.

blah blah blah, grin
how did this 'Europeans' became Jews?
two, there was nothing like Palestine until 1920.(by the british of course)

Saying I can't return to my father land from years of exile(caused by ruthless conquest) is a no no.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by datribune: 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
cirmuell: i don't get what you're blabbing about, you mean the Israelis should have stand down and watch Hamas blow them to smitterings or what? in war there will always be collateral damage, why start what you can't finish in the first place?. If by 'mistake' you pilot a fighter jet, stay in the air and continue calculating where children are among your targets. And I repeat, the civilians were always warned to leave those hostile region.
plus it's not American iron defence dome lol grin

Yeah, there will always be people who support evil. Just as in d days of apartheid many chose to side wit d oppressors & labelled Nelson Mandela & d ANC as terrorists there will be many who will side wit zionism, a principle which until 1999, Nigeria & most nations of d UN labelled as racism, discrimination & a threat to world peace.
Foi, d defence dome is largely American funded.

1 Like

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lordlexyy: And what do you call the actions of Hamas who fired into civilian populated area? Who is the terrorist here? The Israeli that used every means possible to warn off the civilians b4 any attack or the evil minded hamas whose sole aim is to level Israel but for the superior defence system? Who is the victor and the vanguish? The hamas that eventually accepted the previous deal they rejected or the Israeli that still maitain its grip and control over the land, sea and air? Who is wailing among the two people? The palastinian land that is filled with debris almost a shadow of itself with a lost of thousands of its people or Israel that remain unscratch with the lost of handful of soldiers and not civilians? You may have to remove prejudice from yours to understand what constitute lost and victory.

But who was the first to conduct airstrikes after the missing boys were found dead? The last time I checked hamas have no aircraft.

Israel remains unscratched the same way apartheid South Africa remained unscratched during the apartheid era. However, nothing lasts forever. Anyway, we have to thank the Americans and Europe for keeping Israel the way it's - $6billion annual military aid isn't a joke.

2 Likes

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by LyfeJennings(m): 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
aurenflani:

To the average Nigerian programmed foo.l terrorist including defending your land against invaders. embarassed

God punish U a million times over. are U a Palestinian? if U are,then tell HAMAS not to fight for U. i never get time to reply U,i am very busy atm.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by GuyFawkes: 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
lorRhyMeZ:

People like u are the kinda pple that make pple like us wonder if ur internet service is a privilege with restrictions..I believe people like u don't know that the people u call Arabs,Jews,Kurds and so on all share a common thing..they are all SEMITES!

Don't quote me..just Google it grin
Thanks for educating him
Arabs and Jews are both Semitic peoples so its a kind of family squabble.
Ashkenazi jews from Europe coming to claim some fabled ancestral land irks their arab cousins so much,too bad some peeps are too dumb to see it.

1 Like

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by kernel504(m): 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
SirShymex:

See the problems with most of us is that: we've been indoctrinated with so much bias, and we do everything based on the ideology/thought-process that we align with, and when we ought to make logical statements - we let our innate bias take over our thought-process. And more time, we do everything based on the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" without any objectivity.

It's one thing to have a right to defend yourself, and it's another thing to be an aggressor and an apartheid regime, that loves killing a small fly with a sledge hammer - just to prove an inconsequential point.

If Israeli had stayed within the territory that was assigned to it in 1948 - and allowed the Palestinians to have their country. That place would've been peaceful. However, it has blocked every effort for a Palestinian state - and Israel itself created Hamas in Gaza for divide and conquer against Arafat and the PLO in west bank. So must the innocent Palestinians suffer for the monster Israel created? Why has Israel refused to go back to its real borders, but rather than do that, it keeps building settlements all over Palestinian lands? And why's Israel blocking all efforts for a Palestinian state?

Also, isn't Israel the same country that used to invade Lebanon all the time, till Hezbollah was created to stand against its aggression? Yet most of you act like Israeli's aren't the perpetual aggressors in that axis

Am enjoying you. Do you know what it feels like to be attacked by 8 countries at once? They wanted to clear Israel from the map of the world
1. Do you support the invasion of Israel by 8 Arabia countries?
N O T E: The Land ( Gaza, West bank and Gothen Height) in question were sieged after Israel won that war.
Nigeria lost Bakassi to Cameroon in the cause of war, what happened in World Court?
They won
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by anag0900: 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
Chynx:

Exactly what I mean! Reading through your writeups never cease to unveil your acute stupidity! You are empty; so shut the heck up!

The dysfunctional molten substance you've got in that oblong skull of yours has its origin deeply rooted in your lineage. Insect!

Empty like the brain box of the most intelligent organism in your family tree. you good for nothing grass and shyte eating sokoto gudali. you are the classic example of waste of conception, in saner climes never do well like you would have been exchange for a glass of milk after your miserable birth....

you are too down the totem pole to be noticed, you are so vile that no organism deserves a comparison to you, for even the lowest, dirtiest, most parasitic member of the animal kingdom fills an ecological niche. you fill no niche. To call you a parasite would be injurious and defamatory to the thousands of honest parasitic species.

if truly survival is by the fittest, the only organism you will be in competition with is a marine oxygen depleting dead algae. scamp before I feed your worthless cadaver to wild sharks.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by cirmuell(m): 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
datribune:

Yeah, there will always be people who support evil. Just as in d days of apartheid many chose to side wit d oppressors & labelled Nelson Mandela & d ANC as terrorists there will be many who will side wit zionism, a principle which until 1999, Nigeria & most nations of d UN labelled as racism, discrimination & a threat to world peace.
Foi, d defence dome is largely American funded.
you made it seems like america designed and owned it.

#peace
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by datribune: 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
cirmuell: you made it seems like america designed and owned it.

#peace

#peace
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by anag0900: 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
SirShymex:

Honestly, I'm somewhat busy at the moment - so busy that I can't even keep up with with anything. I just basically glance through most stuffs.

Yes, bruddah...hopefully I should be able to pull it off this time - retirement. The forum is somewhat toxic. grin

Jah told me in his own words that he'll see me through! grin

ok same here!!! moreover our Igbo slaying game is becoming so boring to me. and the forum is losing the brained members daily like the value of the Zimbabwean dollar. calling it quit here by month end.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by GuyFawkes: 1:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
cirmuell: you should give up this Israeli/christian ish...it's not funny anymore. undecided wouldn't want to derail this topic, so go learn more about judaism. You shouldn't delve into something you know nothing about just because others are talking about it.

Btw, if you are a muslim, what's the problem between shi'ite and sunni?

Islam has more in common with Judaism than Christianity,basically they are both religions borne out of Judaism.
Shalom
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by cirmuell(m): 1:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
olusogo:

@cirmuel, (Samuel). Please, let us try to be sensitive by using our senses and our brain. Israel and Egypt share border with Gaza, a population of over 1,800,000 people, to their south is the sea, the coast of which has been taken over by Israel. Those borders have been closed, no help is allowed to seek them from outside. Gaza is one of the densely populated in the world. If Israel now call them to vacate their houses, where do you want them to run to? Should they run to the sea, or dig soil and bury themselves or become water and flow to the sea or become gas and diffuse to the atmosphere? I need an answer.
What I am saying is that the war could be averted by allow the United Nation to take charge since we are living in the global village. Israel is barbaric by taking law into their hands and consequently killing innocent people who had no alternative than to be killed by Israel.
do you bother to know why there was blockade in the first place?

I just hope Egypt will succeed this time.(if Hamas don't ruin it)

#peace
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by cirmuell(m): 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
GuyFawkes:

Islam has more in common with Judaism than Christianity,basically they are both religions borne out of Judaism.
Shalom
cheesy really? wait, which are you athiest or muslim?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jamal Khashoggi's murder: Saudi Leader Immune From Prosecution, US Tells Court / South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy / US Plans To Station Nuclear Weapons In UK As Threat Of WW3 With Russia Increases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.