Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,027 members, 7,825,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » (22472 Views)

10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Beer / Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water / The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Youngsage: 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2014

Humor is infectious! The sound of
roaring laughter is far more contagious
than any cough, sniffle, or sneeze.
When laughter is shared, it binds people together, increases happiness and intimacy; it also triggers healthy physical changes in the body, strengthens your immune system,
boosts your energy, diminishes pain, and
protects you from the damaging effects
of stress.
Best of all, this priceless medicine is fun, free, and easy to use! cheesy

“Your sense of humor is one of the most powerful tools you have to make certain
that your daily mood and emotional state support good health.”
˜Paul E. McGhee, Ph.D.

Nothing works faster to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. It lightens burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert.
With so much power to heal and renew, the ability to laugh easily and frequently is a tremendous resource for surmounting
problems, enhancing your relationships, and supporting both physical and emotional
health.

Physical Health Benefits of Laughter

• Laughter relaxes the whole body.
A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.

• Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and
infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving
your resistance to disease.

• Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel- good chemicals.
Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily
relieve pain.

• Laughter protects the heart.
Laughter improves the function of blood
vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Youngsage: 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
Social Health Benefits of Laughter

•Strengthens Relationships

•Attracts others to us

•Enhances teamwork

•Helps defuse conflict

•Promotes group bonding

- Humor and playful communication strengthen our relationships by triggering
positive feelings and fostering emotional connection. When we laugh with one another, a positive bond is created. This bond acts as a strong buffer
against stress, disagreements, and disappointment.

"Laughing with others is more powerful than
laughing alone"

Creating opportunities to Laugh:

•Watch a funny movie or TV show,
•Go to a comedy club
•Read funny pages/books
•Seek out funny people
•Share a good joke or a funny story
•Host game night with friends
•Play with a pet
•Go to a "laughter yoga" class
•Goof around with children
•Do something silly
•Make time for fun activities (e.g.
bowling, miniature golfing, karaoke)

"Shared laughter is one of the most effective tools for keeping relationships fresh and exciting."

All emotional sharing builds strong and lasting relationship bonds, but sharing laughter and play also adds joy, vitality, and
resilience. And humor is a
powerful and effective way to heal resentments, disagreements, and hurts.
Laughter unites people during
difficult times.
Incorporating more humor and play into your daily interactions can improve the quality of your love relationships—as well as
your connections with co-
workers, family members, and
friends.

Using humor and laughter in relationships allows you to:

• Be more spontaneous.
Humor gets you out of your head and away from your troubles.

•Let go of defensiveness.
Laughter helps you forget judgments, criticisms, and doubts.

•Release inhibitions.
Your fear of holding back and holding on are set aside.

•Express your true feelings.
Deeply felt emotions are allowed to rise to the surface.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Yeaaaaa....so true.
I laugh a lot, and I feel so good @ every point
Even when am angry/scolding someone I would be laughing, the only way my family peeps tell d difference is all the grammar I would be speaking.
I don't know how/why, once I'm angry my Vocabulary mode turns on. undecided
In the absence of that, my ability to laugh and smile is the best thing that can ever happen to me. #TUL#

PS: when I type lol, hhahhahahahaha...I'm actually laughing.

13 Likes

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Youngsage: 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
The Link Between Laughter & Mental health: Mental Health Benefits Of Laughter

• Adds joy and zest to life
The good feeling that you get when you laugh remains with you even after the laughter subsides. Humor helps you keep
a positive, optimistic outlook through difficult situations, disappointments, and loss.

• Eases anxiety and fear
Laughter dissolves distressing emotions.
You can’t feel anxious, angry, or sad when you’re laughing.

• Relieves stress
Laughter helps you relax and recharge. It reduces stress and increases energy, enabling you to stay focused and accomplish more.

• Improves mood & Enhances resilience
Humor shifts perspective, allowing you
to see situations in a more realistic, less threatening light. A humorous perspective creates psychological distance, which can help you avoid feeling overwhelmed.

Ways to help yourself see the lighter side of life:

• Smile.
Smiling is the beginning of laughter. Like
laughter, it’s contagious. When you look at
someone or see something even mildly
pleasing, or not, practice smiling!

• Laugh at yourself.
Share your embarrassing moments. The best way to take yourself less seriously
is to talk about times when you took yourself
too seriously.

• Attempt to laugh at situations rather than bemoan them.
Look for the humor in a bad situation, and uncover the irony and absurdity of life.
This will help improve your mood and the mood of those around you.

• Surround yourself with reminders to lighten up.
Keep a toy on your desk or in your car. Put up a funny poster in your office.
Choose a computer screensaver that makes
you laugh. Frame photos of you and your family or friends having fun.

•Keep things in perspective.
Many things in life are beyond your
control—particularly the behavior of other people. While you might think
taking the weight of the world on your shoulders is admirable, in the long run
it’s unrealistic, unproductive, unhealthy,
and even egotistical.

• Deal with your stress.
Stress is a major impediment to humor and
laughter. Pay attention to children and emulate them. They are the experts on playing, taking
life lightly, and laughing!

As laughter, humor, and play become an integrated part of your life, your creativity will
flourish and new discoveries for playing with friends, coworkers, acquaintances, and loved ones will occur to you daily.
Humor takes you to a higher place where you can view the world from a more relaxed, positive, creative, joyful, and balanced perspective.

smiley smiley cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Yeaaaaa....so true.
Even when am angry/scolding someone I would be laughing, the only way my family peeps tell d difference is all the grammar I would be speaking.
In the absence of that, my ability to laugh and smile is the best thing that can ever happen to me. #TUL#

smiley I actually smiled to dis...keep it up,Mrs...

2 Likes

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Yeaaaaa....so true.

Aiite.... Watz TUL sef?
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
nnekamezor: Aiite.... Watz TUL sef?
Hahaha, mgbeke, it means Thank U Lord.
How u dey?
SuperMartins: smiley I actually smiled to dis...keep it up,Mrs...
Thanks kiss
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Hahaha, mgbeke, it means Thank U Lord.
How u dey?

Thanks kiss
Am doing okay , i cee ya hving a grt tym
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by sammoe(m): 9:01am On Sep 03, 2014
I laugh before and after every meal. Trust me it works!

1 Like

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by emperortony: 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
grin

7 Likes

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by ggrin(f): 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringringringringringringrin

I love laughing mehn cheesycheesy
Infact I can laugh for africa cheesycheesy

winkwinkwink

5 Likes

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ok
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Guykhena(m): 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2014

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by UlqU3(m): 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by ddooskie(m): 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
This actually, is my business.
:DThis actually, is my business.
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by cutieberie1(f): 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
Evrybody start laughin >: grin
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
emperortony: grin
UlqU3: .
Keneking: Ok
c dem
Tazmode: smiley
Keneking: Ok
c dem

2 Likes

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by waleadex(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
If possible laughter has the tendency to increase life span of man. It pays to laugh indeed but reasonably though...
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by kstyle2(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
Lafta gan

17 Likes

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
I don't actually know what to comment....sorry guys! But i couldn't read all that stuff..........
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
nnekamezor: Aiite.... Watz TUL sef?
Totally Unfermented Laughter
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by rill: 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
Buhahahahahahahohohohohihihihi
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by rattlesnake(m): 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
no wonder andyblaze is madt

1 Like

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by ddooskie(m): 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
kstyle2: Lafta gan

u just killed it with those pictures
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Idrismusty97(m): 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2014

6 Likes

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by chemystery: 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
Check out this thread if you need a good laugh:

https://www.nairaland.com/1815050/she-havent-went-school-should
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by ebolablast: 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
meanwhile,the people of banki town in borno are not smiling as boko haram takes over their town some hours ago to the extent that they now even fly their flag there
read here
http:///Gxzp
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
i jst de laff sha
Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by nwachinemelu(m): 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
Laughter is surely d best medicine but when u laugh without a reason u surely need a medicine....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
gladpresh: c dem c dem
who u dey follow talk? Just laugh it off grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: 17 Italians In India Test Positive / COVID-19: FG Restricts Guests To 50 At Conferences, Weddings, Others / 7 Ways To Maintain Weight Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.