Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,364 members, 7,957,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:33 AM

Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? (34037 Views)

What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism / Can An Open Marriage Ever Work In The Real World? / An Open Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by MARIAE(f): 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2005
I apologize to all those who do not use the Bible, but I am not going be sorry because I quoted the Bible, I believe the WORD and always will.
Bible or no Bible whats wrong is wrong and whats right is right.
God is Universal, therefore you are free to mention Him, as for me and my family GOD is our strength. Cheers
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by vexxy(f): 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2005
[size=16pt]Just a Rumor?[/size]

Jada Pinkett Smith claims she doesn't care if husband Will Smith fancies other women. .

The sexy actress says her actor husband can look at other beauties all he wants - as long as he doesn't touch.

She said: "I love the fact that Will has a genuine appreciation for women He's a real man and if he sees an attractive woman it is how it is.

"And you know, I think it kind of enhances the appreciation he has for me I am the chosen one".
Jada also laughed off rumours - sparked by Will - that the couple have an open marriage.

She told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "We do not have an open marriage He wishes! He might fantasise about that, but don't you worry about that!" .

Will caused speculation that he and Jada allowed each other to sleep with people outside their marriage when he said recently: "Our perspective is you don't avoid what's natural You're going to be attracted to people In our marriage vows, we didn't say 'forsaking all others'

"If it came down to it, then one can say to the other, 'Look, I need to have sex with somebody I'm not going to if you don't approve of it - but please approve of it'"

However, Jada insists his comments were misinterpreted by the media.

Source: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/49422004.htm
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by kissyspark(f): 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2005
open marriage? but wait a minute,thats adultery for christ`s  sake
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by MARIAE(f): 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2005
You are right. It is
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2005
Vexxy, now that's something new. But whichever way. Open marriage is good.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by nddy(m): 12:43am On Sep 29, 2005
I apologize to all those who do not use the Bible, but I am not going be sorry because I quoted the Bible, I believe the WORD and always will.
Bible or no Bible whats wrong is wrong and whats right is right.
God is Universal, therefore you are free to mention Him, as for me and my family GOD is our strength. Cheers

no one is asking you if you believe in God or not wat i am saying is dont bring religion into secular topics or non spiritual things, I dont care if your family believes in God, i dont think i want to know, please lets try and say things (even if we want to be orthodox) without bringing religion into this.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by MARIAE(f): 10:50am On Sep 29, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no one is asking you if you believe in God or not what i am saying is don't bring religion into secular topics or non spiritual things, I don't care if your family believes in God, i don't think i want to know, please lets try and say things (even if we want to be orthodox) without bringing religion into this.

Nddy,

Of course I am not expecting you to care dear pal. Why would you care? I am only a chat mate man. I have TRILLIONS who care, so I would not notice even if you do anyways.
I believe what I believe and you can believe what you want, period.
There are some things you cant exclude in your life, believe it or not. Being sarcastic about it would not get you far. Cheers
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by nddy(m): 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2005
you don't get it, the simple truth is that don't put God into this kind of issues.

don't see me as someone who hates christians or one who is not
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by vexxy(f): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2005
I think that the only snag we'd hit here is that if she believes in the Bible, that is where she finds all truth. She has a biblical worldview so it would be hard to say, "Don't put God here" when in fact God instituted marriage and the laws thereof according to the Bible. She will use the bible to gain an understanding on what is happening around her. When you're a Christian, it's always about God and there is no seperation.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by MARIAE(f): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2005
nddy

TRUCE then. cheers
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by nddy(m): 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2005
vexxy:

I think that the only snag we'd hit here is that if she believes in the Bible, that is where she finds all truth. She has a biblical worldview so it would be hard to say, "Don't put God here" when in fact God instituted marriage and the laws thereof according to the Bible. She will use the bible to gain an understanding on what is happening around her. When you're a Christian, it's always about God and there is no seperation.

You just dont get it, I dont care if your life is centered on Bible or Vodo, what i am saying is let our opinions be based on how we feel not on our religion.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by vexxy(f): 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2005
I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying either. We form our opinions on what influences us. If the Bible is what influences us, our opinions will show as much.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2005
As far as I am concerned, there's nothing wrong in putting God into this. Afterall, if not for HIM, we wouldnt be discussing this right now.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2005
better smiley
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by MARIAE(f): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2005
nddy

No one is misunderstanding you. We all are in this forum to learn things we didnt know, share the ones we know, garner more information, other peoples opinions on different issues. Basically learning new things, and, in as much as we are alive we must on a daily basis encounter God, one way or another.
Now people believe that there are different gods, who knows how many, but my take is that God Almighty must always influence my thinking, my way, and like Vexxy acknowledged earlier (though you misunderstood her) she said if you are a believer of "anything" that thing will always influence your thinking, judgement, action, thought and many others.
No hard feelings here. I just want to say that it would be very sad if we cannot be free to express our feelings here (faceless forum) then what would the world be. What would become of FREEDOM OF SPEECH
Please always be free to express your thoughts and feelings, it helps one to grow strong in dealing with the everyday life.
I trust you would see from my gist that am not here to fight but just be free to air my views and opinions whichever way I believe and deem fit hence its not VULGAR. Cheers
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 8:18pm On Sep 29, 2005
You've spoken well my daughter. grin
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by WesleyanA(f): 1:22am On Oct 20, 2005
badguy should choose his side. you agree with it or not?
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by fabian(f): 10:06am On Oct 20, 2005
I choose to disagree with open marriages! its a sin for all christians!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by layi(m): 10:42am On Oct 20, 2005
Not only Christians. Its a sin for anyone who's married
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by fabian(f): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2005
Ok, them too
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by gina34(f): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2005
An open marriage is a Taboo,a sacrilege tongue
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by fabian(f): 11:19am On Oct 20, 2005
An abomination
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by gina34(f): 11:38am On Oct 20, 2005
Yes is aru in igbo land
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2005
eewo!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Scorpio(f): 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2005
cheesy cheesy
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by SirKay3(m): 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2005
May the mercy of God be upon us all.

Are we looking for God's wrath on us all? Sure it's a capital NO. Are we now re-writing the Bible? Pls let's not play with the word of God o, am begging us all
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Spice(f): 11:54am On Oct 24, 2005
Since when did being married stop the majority of people (men esp.you now it's true) from cheating on their spouses Guys hate to share their women with other people. They on the other hand enjoy spreading their seeds everywhere even when they're married.

Stop being hypocritical.

Nowadays, a lot of marriages are destroyed as a result of infidelity and consequently dishonesty on the part of one or both partners.
An open marriage is an honest one (I'm not saying that a closed marriage isn't). Don't knock it till you've had a good think about it. It might not be a prospect for the highly obsessive types however....

I'll admit adultery is a sin.but people commit it anyway. My point is that if you're the type who can't stay faithful, an open marriage could be an option for you. It's selfish to cheat on your spouse but still expect them to be faithful to you...selfish and presumptous..

Don't shoot me..I'm just open minded.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 4:30pm On Oct 24, 2005
I feel you. What u're saying is for those who practise adultery, open marriage will be ok for them?
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Spice(f): 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2005
My point exactly!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2005
ok. But then, open marriage still isn't good. It's a sin b4 God.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by razor(m): 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2005
I beg which one be Open marriage o o. These oyinbo people with different kinds of things. Me l know no say dem dey ope or close Marriage.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by vexxy(f): 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2005
Open marriage is when you are married but free to see [have intimate relations with] other people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: Are You Your Baby’s Daddy? / Some MEN Are Just Babies With Big Muscle / My Husband Flogs Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.